Mirage Changes (Suggestions)

Fefe.5702

To begin with I stopped playing the game 2 months ago. Now I log in sometimes to play a few rankeds but I'm not actively playing as before. I am a mirage main. I got top 10 twice. Once Unyielding legend and once Princess of the arena. Got to mAT semi finals a few times. Nothing insane but I've been a quite good mirage I believe.

So I saw a post about balance from Anet and I thought it'd be nice to share my ideas and hope they listen to it. I think mirage is in a terrible state right now. I stopped playing the game because my class wasn't fun anymore. It has been a while since it was fun and I'll explain why. There are changes that can be made to make it more enjoyable to play while also making it less obnoxious to play against.

So patch after patch mirage got nerfed. It was fine at first (it was really too strong) but then it got weird. It got nerfed so hard on its burst that the clone spam builds became more and more popular and in the end became the only option. Chaos traitline and Infinite Horizon being the main problems here. I don't find it fun to spam clones on dodge that end up doing 80% of my damage by applying condis. It's like mirage is only about surviving until the enemy dies from your clones. I don't see the fun or skill in it anymore. You just ignore half of the game. I think chaos traitline needs a rework. All of the boons basically for free isn't normal. Illusions has been nerfed super hard so it's hardly an option now. I wish chaos was more about supporting people like giving boons to team. Could make nice builds with a chrono support in pvp, but that's not my point here. I'd love mirage to be about burst as it used to be. A long time ago they nerfed axe a lot. They nerfed both ambush skill and axe 3 burst. I thought it was a good idea at first but it feels like it's what started the only clones based mirage meta builds.

What about:

*Up axe 3 confusions stacks and possibly increase the cooldown on it

*Give back to illusions traitline the burst condi it had (revert the nerf)

*Nerf or change Infinite Horizon (why doesn't it have an internal cooldown?) and chaos traitline.

*Revert Ineptitude nerf.

*I'm not sure Blinding Dissipation needs to be on every shatter again. We don't want it to be spammy but maybe it's necessary for it to be viable.

Make mirage a class based on burst and not on obnoxious clones. I feel like it'd be better for everyone.

(also please do something about vigor and all the extra dodges every class has access to. It is getting out of hand.)

This is just my honest opinion :3

Sorry for my english and if the post is a bit messy that's the first I write a post. Thanks for reading <3

Mirage should have been really close range power speck to begin with, all of the defense mechanics scream that they are for infighter but it clashes with the condi identity. As its right now the combination of can't be disabled and apply conditions it is just too oppressive and no amount of x reduce/increase would help.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> It doesn't need more conditions burst.

> If anything in that regard, Mirages needs LESS condition burst.

Apart from pistol 4, mirage has absolutely no burst. All other damage is just scepter 2 and running around while your clones which you will never shatter do the dmg, hence this topic

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > you realize that bleeding to death in 30s is not considered burst right ?

>

> You realize tat 20+ of confusion and torment in less than 5 seconds is not bleeding for 30 seconds, right?

>

>

nobody uses axe, shatter f2, it sucks. but even if they did its WAAAAY telegraphed, easy to ddoge. but when you somehow land it, you just cleanse it.

but even if you dont have cleanse. you can just walk away and propably not die. becouse, you know, confusion sucks.

and even if you ant do that, it wont kill you from full hp, even when using abilities. unlike power bursts, when if you eat bullcharge->arcingslice->gs3, you die 1,5s

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > you realize that bleeding to death in 30s is not considered burst right ?

> >

> > You realize tat 20+ of confusion and torment in less than 5 seconds is not bleeding for 30 seconds, right?

> >

> >

>

> nobody uses axe, shatter f2, it sucks. but even if they did its WAAAAY telegraphed, easy to ddoge. but when you somehow land it, you just cleanse it.

Oh you may just be surprised. Ive derped as condi mirage in PvP very recently and couldn't tell ya how many times ive downed someone while I run Axe and f2 (I use Axe in my DPS WvW build and I like it so used it in PvP as condi)

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > you realize that bleeding to death in 30s is not considered burst right ?

> > >

> > > You realize tat 20+ of confusion and torment in less than 5 seconds is not bleeding for 30 seconds, right?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > nobody uses axe, shatter f2, it sucks. but even if they did its WAAAAY telegraphed, easy to ddoge. but when you somehow land it, you just cleanse it.

>

> Oh you may just be surprised. Ive derped as condi mirage in PvP very recently and couldn't tell ya how many times ive downed someone while I run Axe and f2 (I use Axe in my DPS WvW build and I like it so used it in PvP as condi)

He won't be surprised, because axe burst potential is objectively lower than that of the scepter. You can down someone by playing anything, does not make it good.

Axe has been nerfed so many times that it's simply not worth going into melee range with it, since the risk is way above the reward on the list. It has a good cleave vs stationary target and a detarget. Sort of works ok vs mesmers, but still easy enough to anticipate and counter. The fact that you have to respawn all three clones each time you swap to axe in order to even pretend to do decent dmg with axe3, which in its turn serves as both offense and defense (not really flexible), and on top of that forces you to gap close with exceptionally vivid tell, is quite meh. Most enemies upon realising you play with axe will be waiting for that axe3 to dodge and nuke some aoe even without the target (Hybrid fb/holo/warrior/thief says hello). Moreover, regular clone aa has range too short to reliably hit anyone who's not afk and ambush goes nuts every time enemy moves out of range last second.

Axe feels great to play, but the problem is that it only _feels_ that way, in reality you won't be dealing as much dmg with it as you would with scepter, be it simple ambush spam or confusion bursts. + you can't really kite with axe, since it's melee and you have to stick to your target to get an evade frame, basically way harder to escape an enemy +1 without any prior setup. So unless all the sidenoders are nerfed enough that you can safely camp axe to squeeze those ambushes, axe is going to remain a sort of utility weapon, while the real damage numbers are going to be dropped from staff, off-hand and bleed trait.

> @"Kondor.2904" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > you realize that bleeding to death in 30s is not considered burst right ?

> > > >

> > > > You realize tat 20+ of confusion and torment in less than 5 seconds is not bleeding for 30 seconds, right?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > nobody uses axe, shatter f2, it sucks. but even if they did its WAAAAY telegraphed, easy to ddoge. but when you somehow land it, you just cleanse it.

> >

> > Oh you may just be surprised. Ive derped as condi mirage in PvP very recently and couldn't tell ya how many times ive downed someone while I run Axe and f2 (I use Axe in my DPS WvW build and I like it so used it in PvP as condi)

>

> He won't be surprised, because axe burst potential is objectively lower than that of the scepter. You can down someone by playing anything, does not make it good.

>

> Axe has been nerfed so many times that it's simply not worth going into melee range with it, since the risk is way above the reward on the list. It has a good cleave vs stationary target and a detarget. Sort of works ok vs mesmers, but still easy enough to anticipate and counter. The fact that you have to respawn all three clones each time you swap to axe in order to even pretend to do decent dmg with axe3, which in its turn serves as both offense and defense (not really flexible), and on top of that forces you to gap close with exceptionally vivid tell, is quite meh. Most enemies upon realising you play with axe will be waiting for that axe3 to dodge and nuke some aoe even without the target (Hybrid fb/holo/warrior/thief says hello). Moreover, regular clone aa has range too short to reliably hit anyone who's not afk and ambush goes nuts every time enemy moves out of range last second.

> Axe feels great to play, but the problem is that it only _feels_ that way, in reality you won't be dealing as much dmg with it as you would with scepter, be it simple ambush spam or confusion bursts. + you can't really kite with axe, since it's melee and you have to stick to your target to get an evade frame, basically way harder to escape an enemy +1 without any prior setup. So unless all the sidenoders are nerfed enough that you can safely camp axe to squeeze those ambushes, axe is going to remain a sort of utility weapon, while the real damage numbers are going to be dropped from staff, off-hand and bleed trait.

Scepter/Torch = Axe/Torch felt good and did fairly well imo considering. Jaunt/Illusionary Ambush and Blink w/ Decoy. WHen I get in yo face, I have ways of getting distance to swap back to scepter :p

Overall I believe it did well. Wasn't unkillable as im a noob at it and have my counters.