The Icebrood Saga begins November 19. Watch the trailer for “Whisper in the Dark.”

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> New fractal or raid?

Probably strike mission.

> @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> Personally this pissed me off A-net. You promised that the norn would get some attention, when that was said I had hoped it wouldn't be handing off what makes us unique into mastery's. I don't see asuran tech, charr legion kitten, human god magic or sylvari plant magic as a mastery? So why us. Oh because you hate us and won't even give us a cosmetic up-lift. No we get to have our lore degraded, have the charr now be the ones to fight jormag in force and have to face the fact that we are not what you want for this game.

>

> You're using our norn racial forms as mobs? But they can't work for us and they aren't allowed to be good despite it being A HUGE PART OF THE NORN. I've spent years waiting for the norn story, for the norns moment and for the time when I could enjoy my celtic/viking story. But now its the charrs story and now its just me going through the motions again. I don't care about strikes, cool they are there and all but really its not like it will tide any of us over while we wait for the next release as epic as they might seem and the trailer had the right tone.

>

> But as a norn player I feel like this is another smack in the face, you might as well just change us to humans and let us rot and remove them from the creation screen because you don't care about those who play them and you sure as hell don't seem to care about the lore or even their tale. No new E-specs, nothing but two mastery's and more of the degradation the norn have suffered since this game launched. We were epic, warriors and hunters who fought as individuals and as mighty vanguards who were imposing and an immovable object. Now we are the butt of every joke, and are basically regulated to alcoholic giant humans with no taste and a ton of boasting with little of the nuance or depth we once had.

>

> Thanks for killing my hype as well any trust that I had in you remaining from the previous years....

How about waiting until after playing it? Of all the complaints this seems quite unfounded.

Also charr has a lot of clipping issues and such that are worse than on norn (because generally human/sylvari/norn have similar skeletal rigging in the modeling phase).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been excited for this way more than War Eternal, even before that chapter was even announced!

I was shocked and disappointed that they won't be starting Gen 3 legendaries here despite saying they would continue to make more.

Though my hype was killed that this new season will still be tied to an expansion, rather then being a way to make any purchase type (core or expansion) have access to the content.

> @"Melech.4308" said:

> > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> > > The first episode of The Icebrood Saga arrives on November 19! Watch the trailer below and visit the [release page](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-19-2019/ "release page") for all the details.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Personally this pissed me off A-net. You promised that the norn would get some attention, when that was said I had hoped it wouldn't be handing off what makes us unique into mastery's. I don't see asuran tech, charr legion kitten, human god magic or sylvari plant magic as a mastery? So why us. Oh because you hate us and won't even give us a cosmetic up-lift. No we get to have our lore degraded, have the charr now be the ones to fight jormag in force and have to face the fact that we are not what you want for this game.

> >

> > You're using our norn racial forms as mobs? But they can't work for us and they aren't allowed to be good despite it being A HUGE PART OF THE NORN. I've spent years waiting for the norn story, for the norns moment and for the time when I could enjoy my celtic/viking story. But now its the charrs story and now its just me going through the motions again. I don't care about strikes, cool they are there and all but really its not like it will tide any of us over while we wait for the next release as epic as they might seem and the trailer had the right tone.

> >

> > But as a norn player I feel like this is another smack in the face, you might as well just change us to humans and let us rot and remove them from the creation screen because you don't care about those who play them and you sure as hell don't seem to care about the lore or even their tale. No new E-specs, nothing but two mastery's and more of the degradation the norn have suffered since this game launched. We were epic, warriors and hunters who fought as individuals and as mighty vanguards who were imposing and an immovable object. Now we are the butt of every joke, and are basically regulated to alcoholic giant humans with no taste and a ton of boasting with little of the nuance or depth we once had.

> >

> > Thanks for killing my hype as well any trust that I had in you remaining from the previous years....

>

> I sympathize for Arenanet whenever they release new episodes. Here they are trying to release new content, but whatever it is that they do, they are always in a "kitten if I do, kitten if I don't" situation; they just can't please everyone and there is ALWAYS those people who just cannot be happy that, at the very least, NEW CONTENT like this, which is for FREE, by the way, is coming.

Well perhaps if it was I don't know expansion level content as was promised I wouldn't be so irritated? Because cooking 500 and build templates really are more glue than actual meat and potatoes. I don't care if its free, frankly Id rather pay an expansions price to get the whole saga in one sitting and have all the content laid out for me to do at my leisure. Id GLADLY pay them for the content they make, and thus they would know I am fully willing to support them in their endevors but the fact is im tired of being shafted as a norn player. We have done literally NOTHING for the entire game, outside of the few instances where we had a moment that a norn tried to do something which typically failed. Eir got killed in the most ludicrous of fashions and we've been on a human binge since PoF, this is supposed to be Centered around the norn and be a sort of swan song to give them closure for their plot. This doesn't seem very much like that, sure some spirits and a shrine is present but now their religion and their culture is being turned into a mastery FOR EVERYONE. And as I said I don't see the six gods being a mastery, which it now should be to make it fair for the norn who have to share their unique flair with other people. If you get to use the spirits of the wild, I want to channel your gods and subjugate them to my whims which seems like an even trade. I get to use their power, you get to use our power and then everyone can mean nothing yea? Get out of my face with this whole "Be grateful they are doing THEIR JOBS" as if this is some sort of charity. WE PAY THEM for a lot of what they make, its not my fault their in this Anti-expansion mojo right now and want to just continue with content patches. As I said previously ID GLADLY PAY THEM FOR THEIR WORK. BUT THEY WONT LET ME.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > New fractal or raid?

> Probably strike mission.

>

> > Personally this pissed me off A-net. You promised that the norn would get some attention, when that was said I had hoped it wouldn't be handing off what makes us unique into mastery's. I don't see asuran tech, charr legion kitten, human god magic or sylvari plant magic as a mastery? So why us. Oh because you hate us and won't even give us a cosmetic up-lift. No we get to have our lore degraded, have the charr now be the ones to fight jormag in force and have to face the fact that we are not what you want for this game.

> >

> > You're using our norn racial forms as mobs? But they can't work for us and they aren't allowed to be good despite it being A HUGE PART OF THE NORN. I've spent years waiting for the norn story, for the norns moment and for the time when I could enjoy my celtic/viking story. But now its the charrs story and now its just me going through the motions again. I don't care about strikes, cool they are there and all but really its not like it will tide any of us over while we wait for the next release as epic as they might seem and the trailer had the right tone.

> >

> > But as a norn player I feel like this is another smack in the face, you might as well just change us to humans and let us rot and remove them from the creation screen because you don't care about those who play them and you sure as hell don't seem to care about the lore or even their tale. No new E-specs, nothing but two mastery's and more of the degradation the norn have suffered since this game launched. We were epic, warriors and hunters who fought as individuals and as mighty vanguards who were imposing and an immovable object. Now we are the butt of every joke, and are basically regulated to alcoholic giant humans with no taste and a ton of boasting with little of the nuance or depth we once had.

> >

> > Thanks for killing my hype as well any trust that I had in you remaining from the previous years....

> How about waiting until after playing it? Of all the complaints this seems quite unfounded.

>

> Also charr has a lot of clipping issues and such that are worse than on norn (because generally human/sylvari/norn have similar skeletal rigging in the modeling phase).

>

>

Or I can be disgruntled and simply state facts based on the trailer (Which typically shows us what is coming?) This is what we are getting, if there are a few hidden gems ok then. But as it stands now this will be it until jan/feb so we are kind of stuck with what we got, and as I said previously this wont satisfy people who play regularly and are anywhere close to moderate in keeping up with the content. It's not as if its challenging and its not as if it will take a long time to complete, The tone looks amazing and the environment is sublime. But I was expecting more norn, and was hoping they wouldn't take their culture in this route and just hand it off for anyone to use as really we have spent little to no time with the norn. (Even I as a norn have not had a norn moment, nor have I done many norn things since the beginning of my personal story.)

Im disappointed, it happens when you have expectations. I shouldn't of expected as high as I did but they hyped it up and I believed them;Which is frankly my own fault so im sorry if it irritates you. But I can voice my displeasure and I can own that I set the bar to a place they probably (At least with this game) could never reach nor meet for this episode in terms of what I wanted for the norn themselves. I don't really care about the charr at all frankly, yes you have clipping issues but the new armors look fine on you outside of the helmets. You got a charr exclusive helmet last episode and you also have been at the front of every major conflict in the plot, the charr are one of the driving forces. The norn have been comic reliefe ~ And now we have to share a Saga with you and have both of our races Arcs close together. Not really what I wanted with a Jormag storyline considering he is the one who has literally damn near destroyed the norn and their way of life.

In all seriousness, I remove my hat Anet. Very very very nice Trailer. Loved it, reminded me LS4E2 trailer but even more better! That demonic deer-like creature looks sooo creepy I'm very impatient to discover the new episodes. Continue like this, maps design are definitely gorgeous I bet this map will be as amazing and as nice as the prologue one Grothmar Valley. I concede I'm not fan of snowy map in reality I'm kinda the opposite, I love volcanic / rocky maps like ember bay or mount maelstrom; but i'm now curious about that map, an haunted forest? Voodoo? Who knows... And that render.... Woaw almost like I thought it was a movie! The peoples who made that trailer really deserve an award. Just by curiosity, is it the same team as A bug in the system trailer? Or Long live the lich trailer? I feel like how it's shown/brought kinda follow the same plan.

ArenaNet is being a little cagey about whether or not I need to buy this expansion. I purchased Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire and have begun the Icebrood Saga teaser. Do I or do I not have to purchase the Icebrood Saga expansion ? According to people on line, I do not since I've already purchased PoF and HoT. Please let me know because some of the packages are tempting. Thank you so much !

> @"Michael Conrad.6704" said:

> ArenaNet is being a little cagey about whether or not I need to buy this expansion. I purchased Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire and have begun the Icebrood Saga teaser. Do I or do I not have to purchase the Icebrood Saga expansion ? According to people on line, I do not since I've already purchased PoF and HoT. Please let me know because some of the packages are tempting. Thank you so much !

There is nothing cagey on Anets behalf here since it isn't an expansion - it is Living World Season 5 and works how the others worked since LS2

if you login during an episode release window, you get it for free. If you do not login during the release window (ie until after the next episode drops) then you will have to pay

> ArenaNet is being a little cagey about whether or not I need to buy this expansion. I purchased Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire and have begun the Icebrood Saga teaser. Do I or do I not have to purchase the Icebrood Saga expansion ? According to people on line, I do not since I've already purchased PoF and HoT. Please let me know because some of the packages are tempting. Thank you so much !

The Icebrood Saga is _not_ an expansion; it's Season 5 of Living World. You only have to purchase Episodes if you fail to log in during the time an Episode is live.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/whisper-in-the-dark-is-coming-soon/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/bound-by-blood-is-live/

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> I've been excited for this way more than War Eternal, even before that chapter was even announced!

>

> I was shocked and disappointed that they won't be starting Gen 3 legendaries here despite saying they would continue to make more.

>

> Though my hype was killed that this new season will still be tied to an expansion, rather then being a way to make any purchase type (core or expansion) have access to the content.

Wait a sec? When did they say they would continue to make more legendaries?

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > Wait a sec? When did they say they would continue to make more legendaries?

>

> When they made that post on the site about the future going into Season 5 and Builds.

I'll look again but I'm almost 100% positive they said nothing about new legendaries.

> > @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> > The first episode of The Icebrood Saga arrives on November 19! Watch the trailer below and visit the [release page](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-19-2019/ "release page") for all the details.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Personally this pissed me off A-net. You promised that the norn would get some attention, when that was said I had hoped it wouldn't be handing off what makes us unique into mastery's. I don't see asuran tech, charr legion kitten, human god magic or sylvari plant magic as a mastery? So why us. Oh because you hate us and won't even give us a cosmetic up-lift. No we get to have our lore degraded, have the charr now be the ones to fight jormag in force and have to face the fact that we are not what you want for this game.

>

> You're using our norn racial forms as mobs? But they can't work for us and they aren't allowed to be good despite it being A HUGE PART OF THE NORN. I've spent years waiting for the norn story, for the norns moment and for the time when I could enjoy my celtic/viking story. But now its the charrs story and now its just me going through the motions again. I don't care about strikes, cool they are there and all but really its not like it will tide any of us over while we wait for the next release as epic as they might seem and the trailer had the right tone.

>

> But as a norn player I feel like this is another smack in the face, you might as well just change us to humans and let us rot and remove them from the creation screen because you don't care about those who play them and you sure as hell don't seem to care about the lore or even their tale. No new E-specs, nothing but two mastery's and more of the degradation the norn have suffered since this game launched. We were epic, warriors and hunters who fought as individuals and as mighty vanguards who were imposing and an immovable object. Now we are the butt of every joke, and are basically regulated to alcoholic giant humans with no taste and a ton of boasting with little of the nuance or depth we once had.

>

> Thanks for killing my hype as well any trust that I had in you remaining from the previous years....

You totaly forgot about this mastery right?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siren_of_Orr

> I've been excited for this way more than War Eternal, even before that chapter was even announced!

>

> I was shocked and disappointed that they won't be starting Gen 3 legendaries here despite saying they would continue to make more.

>

> Though my hype was killed that this new season will still be tied to an expansion, rather then being a way to make any purchase type (core or expansion) have access to the content.

Were did they state they would make more legendary weapons do you have a source?

I do belive we will get either a ring or amulet when the whole saga is complete even tho they havent said anything about it.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > The first episode of The Icebrood Saga arrives on November 19! Watch the trailer below and visit the [release page](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-19-2019/ "release page") for all the details.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> You totaly forgot about this mastery right?

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siren_of_Orr

>

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > I've been excited for this way more than War Eternal, even before that chapter was even announced!

> >

> > I was shocked and disappointed that they won't be starting Gen 3 legendaries here despite saying they would continue to make more.

> >

> > Though my hype was killed that this new season will still be tied to an expansion, rather then being a way to make any purchase type (core or expansion) have access to the content.

>

> Were did they state they would make more legendary weapons do you have a source?

>

> I do belive we will get either a ring or amulet when the whole saga is complete even tho they havent said anything about it.

huh guess I did, shows how little these masteries mean in the grand scheme of things.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > Wait a sec? When did they say they would continue to make more legendaries?

> >

> > When they made that post on the site about the future going into Season 5 and Builds.

>

> I'll look again but I'm almost 100% positive they said nothing about new legendaries.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> This post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72842/what-s-next-for-guild-wars-2?

There was another post about it after that one initially, but finding out specific announcements on the website is awful. It was about how they will keep making legendaries, but they didn't say if it would be released in the same way or not. We still have a second ring and an amulet left to go at least.

What icebrood saga expansion? There is only HOT and POF so far.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> You totaly forgot about this mastery right?

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siren_of_Orr

>

> > I've been excited for this way more than War Eternal, even before that chapter was even announced!

> >

> > I was shocked and disappointed that they won't be starting Gen 3 legendaries here despite saying they would continue to make more.

> >

> > Though my hype was killed that this new season will still be tied to an expansion, rather then being a way to make any purchase type (core or expansion) have access to the content.

>

> Were did they state they would make more legendary weapons do you have a source?

>

> I do belive we will get either a ring or amulet when the whole saga is complete even tho they havent said anything about it.

What does siren of orr (a human area) have to do with the norn?

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > > @"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

> > > > The first episode of The Icebrood Saga arrives on November 19! Watch the trailer below and visit the [release page](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-19-2019/ "release page") for all the details.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Personally this pissed me off A-net. You promised that the norn would get some attention, when that was said I had hoped it wouldn't be handing off what makes us unique into mastery's. I don't see asuran tech, charr legion kitten, human god magic or sylvari plant magic as a mastery? So why us. Oh because you hate us and won't even give us a cosmetic up-lift. No we get to have our lore degraded, have the charr now be the ones to fight jormag in force and have to face the fact that we are not what you want for this game.

> > >

> > > You're using our norn racial forms as mobs? But they can't work for us and they aren't allowed to be good despite it being A HUGE PART OF THE NORN. I've spent years waiting for the norn story, for the norns moment and for the time when I could enjoy my celtic/viking story. But now its the charrs story and now its just me going through the motions again. I don't care about strikes, cool they are there and all but really its not like it will tide any of us over while we wait for the next release as epic as they might seem and the trailer had the right tone.

> > >

> > > But as a norn player I feel like this is another smack in the face, you might as well just change us to humans and let us rot and remove them from the creation screen because you don't care about those who play them and you sure as hell don't seem to care about the lore or even their tale. No new E-specs, nothing but two mastery's and more of the degradation the norn have suffered since this game launched. We were epic, warriors and hunters who fought as individuals and as mighty vanguards who were imposing and an immovable object. Now we are the butt of every joke, and are basically regulated to alcoholic giant humans with no taste and a ton of boasting with little of the nuance or depth we once had.

> > >

> > > Thanks for killing my hype as well any trust that I had in you remaining from the previous years....

> >

> > You totaly forgot about this mastery right?

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siren_of_Orr

> >

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > I've been excited for this way more than War Eternal, even before that chapter was even announced!

> > >

> > > I was shocked and disappointed that they won't be starting Gen 3 legendaries here despite saying they would continue to make more.

> > >

> > > Though my hype was killed that this new season will still be tied to an expansion, rather then being a way to make any purchase type (core or expansion) have access to the content.

> >

> > Were did they state they would make more legendary weapons do you have a source?

> >

> > I do belive we will get either a ring or amulet when the whole saga is complete even tho they havent said anything about it.

>

> What does siren of orr (a human area) have to do with the norn?

Its them throwing in my face some human stuff, because Im miffed about the spirits of the wild being mastery's for everyone and are no longer unique to the norn.

> Its them throwing in my face some human stuff, because Im miffed about the spirits of the wild being mastery's for everyone and are no longer unique to the norn.

Plant magic never even was unique to Sylvari. Rangers of all races use it and there also is the grappling vine mastery.

Charr don't even have something special racial to begin with.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > Its them throwing in my face some human stuff, because Im miffed about the spirits of the wild being mastery's for everyone and are no longer unique to the norn.

>

> Plant magic never even was unique to Sylvari. Rangers of all races use it and there also is the grappling vine mastery.

> Charr don't even have something special racial to begin with.

They have their unique model and appearance, which between all the races outside of asuran sets them apart.

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Thornwolf.9721" said:

> > > Its them throwing in my face some human stuff, because Im miffed about the spirits of the wild being mastery's for everyone and are no longer unique to the norn.

> >

> > Plant magic never even was unique to Sylvari. Rangers of all races use it and there also is the grappling vine mastery.

> > Charr don't even have something special racial to begin with.

>

> They have their unique model and appearance, which between all the races outside of asuran sets them apart.

Your grasping at straws here mate.

Their unique model make alot of armors clip horribly and they hardly get anything tailored to them. ( its all streched up human centric stuff)

Imo oppinion both asura, norn and charr need to be fleshed out more