Are their bots in WVW?

jgeezz.7832

I believe that there are bots in WVW, a lot players say that they are real players but i say their is mainly due to the fact that they don't make any mistakes and they say with in 500-1000 range of a real player and will respond in 5 mins if down if not rez by a player. I say they are bots because i know i am not a great player but that would mean that in 50 to 100 kills they make no mistakes even Nooby has been killed in a fight 1 vs 3 these players using bots never get killed and have been hit by 2 times that many players and not died.

I could be wrong but really do think so WvW really needs some devs to step and do something.

Most likely yes, there are bots in WvW though from personal experience not nearly as many as opposed to pve/pvp. If you spot suspicious behavior it don't hurt to record it send it in also to support as evidence your best bet... but good luck... the guy I caught speedhacking/botting in eotm years ago still plays to this day. Sad.

What class/spec were they?

Do you really believe there are bots running around in wvw killing people while being unkillable, they would be better than the game ai being able to adapt to every situation. Just because someone doesn't respawn in 5 minutes doesn't mean they're botting.

You most likely ran into one of the cheap tanky specs that are near unkillable, they know how to kite, and maybe using macros.

Highly doubt a bot is 1v3ing people, unless you guys are really terrible...

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> I think OP is referring to duo "roamers" where one plays something like minstrel firebrand, tempest, scrapper and supports the other player that has the offensive spec. He's probably like me and thinks it's impossible to enjoy such a role, so they must be some kind of mindless automaton.

He's talking about "1v3", so he's not talking about duos. I think he's just new or, well, not too good at the game, so a player using proper meta builds with sustain options confuses him.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> > I think OP is referring to duo "roamers" where one plays something like minstrel firebrand, tempest, scrapper and supports the other player that has the offensive spec. He's probably like me and thinks it's impossible to enjoy such a role, so they must be some kind of mindless automaton.

>

> He's talking about "1v3", so he's not talking about duos. I think he's just new or, well, not too good at the game, so a player using proper meta builds with sustain options confuses him.

Missed that part, my bad. I just saw the part about always hanging around another player and figured it was about a support spec, now I have no idea what OP is talking about.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> I've noted when spawncamping a side of EB there's usually one pathing it's way right into us over and over for hours.

I'm not sure that definitively means that is a bot and not a typical player.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Is there anything to gain from botting in WvW?

The biggest one would be treb bots but I don't think you need actual bots for that, just put something heavy on the #2 key and logon to your main...

I watched a core guardian bot kill a player in their own camp the other week.

Reported the bot, obviously. Then lol'd.

Apart from killing that player the bot would just cycle around one of the Alpine maps taking the same camps and sentrys over and over again. If they already owned something the bot would visit the objective briefly then move on. I didn't follow the bot around for more than a few minutes (you know, just wanted to be sure before I hit that report button) but assumed they were occasionally killed as they'd respawn and begin the trek again. No mount was used.

~ Kovu

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > I've noted when spawncamping a side of EB there's usually one pathing it's way right into us over and over for hours.

>

> I'm not sure that definitively means that is a bot and not a typical player.

Well, the people-bots will occasionally stop to send an angry whisper or such.

The bot-peoples tend to have a rigid routine.

But you could be right, it may just be the less creative types <,<

> @"Clownmug.8357" said:

> I think OP is referring to duo "roamers" where one plays something like minstrel firebrand, tempest, scrapper and supports the other player that has the offensive spec. He's probably like me and thinks it's impossible to enjoy such a role, so they must be some kind of mindless automaton.

Damn support Revenant is so bad it's not even mentioned when considering support bots...