Why are you still playing Guild Wars 2?

takatsu.9416

At its core it is a very fun game. The simplicity of combat is nice, unlike some other MMOs where you have to keybind 32 different skills and memorize extremely comlex rotations, that can get tedious at times. Visually I find the game stunning at times. I genuinely enjoy most of the story. And while I am disappointed in some of the things that have happened within arenanet and the decisions made with the game over the past year or so, I am honestly holding out hope that true "expansion level content" such as new elite specs and meaningful masteries are in the works and not just something we're being told to keep us on the line. Time will tell.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> At its core it is a very fun game. The simplicity of combat is nice, unlike some other MMOs where you have to keybind 32 different skills and memorize extremely comlex rotations, that can get tedious at times. Visually I find the game stunning at times. I genuinely enjoy most of the story. And while I am disappointed in some of the things that have happened within arenanet and the decisions made with the game over the past year or so, I am honestly holding out hope that true "expansion level content" such as new elite specs and meaningful masteries are in the works and not just something we're being told to keep us on the line. Time will tell.

You must be new. They have promised “expansion level content” since the release of GW2, and while we got expansions, we arguably never got expansion level content in between them.

> @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> > At its core it is a very fun game. The simplicity of combat is nice, unlike some other MMOs where you have to keybind 32 different skills and memorize extremely comlex rotations, that can get tedious at times. Visually I find the game stunning at times. I genuinely enjoy most of the story. And while I am disappointed in some of the things that have happened within arenanet and the decisions made with the game over the past year or so, I am honestly holding out hope that true "expansion level content" such as new elite specs and meaningful masteries are in the works and not just something we're being told to keep us on the line. Time will tell.

>

> You must be new. They have promised “expansion level content” since the release of GW2, and while we got expansions, we arguably never got expansion level content in between them.

>

>

The expansions were not expansion level content? What's your definition of expansion level content then lol? Or you mean in between expansions? In that case why would we be entitled to expansion level content in between expansions? I too like many others am hoping for expansion 3 which may come out in the future yet and for now I'm fine with just be smaller updates. I may take breaks and come back here and there as more content is rolled out and I suspect probably expansion 3 as well. That said, I will shut up since this isn't really a thread for that kinda discussion which have been beaten to death in other threads haha

It's immersive and beautiful to play. The characters I've developed are a lot of fun. I enjoy the item names and feel. I enjoy the look of the armor. I enjoy the world. I enjoy the stories, and the PvE world bosses. Not necessarily the instance stories because I usually can't succeed at those, but the stories woven by the sound effects and visuals of the environment and the other players. I like that I can choose how much money to spend.

GW2 is the only game that combines accessibility with a cash shop that doesn't make me feel dirty, game stability, and has unique classes.

Take BDO. Godawful cash shop and you have to basically dedicate all your free time to the game if you want to do pvp. The game demands you have no other side games.

ESO is a laggy mess with classes that have been homogenized to heck in the name of game balance and it's balance is still awful.

GW2 doesn't really have any performance issues, is convenient (bank management wise and gearing wise - I can hop into an spvp match without having to grind for hundreds of hours), and the classes are very distinct from each other.

> @"takatsu.9416" said:

> > @"Mortifera.6138" said:

> > > @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> > > At its core it is a very fun game. The simplicity of combat is nice, unlike some other MMOs where you have to keybind 32 different skills and memorize extremely comlex rotations, that can get tedious at times. Visually I find the game stunning at times. I genuinely enjoy most of the story. And while I am disappointed in some of the things that have happened within arenanet and the decisions made with the game over the past year or so, I am honestly holding out hope that true "expansion level content" such as new elite specs and meaningful masteries are in the works and not just something we're being told to keep us on the line. Time will tell.

> >

> > You must be new. They have promised “expansion level content” since the release of GW2, and while we got expansions, we arguably never got expansion level content in between them.

> >

> >

>

> The expansions were not expansion level content? What's your definition of expansion level content then lol? Or you mean in between expansions? In that case why would we be entitled to expansion level content in between expansions? I too like many others am hoping for expansion 3 which may come out in the future yet and for now I'm fine with just be smaller updates. I may take breaks and come back here and there as more content is rolled out and I suspect probably expansion 3 as well. That said, I will shut up since this isn't really a thread for that kinda discussion which have been beaten to death in other threads haha

They promised expansion level content **for free**. So yes,** in between** expansions. But I said that in the post. Don't know why you didn't read it.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Artits.2795" said:

> > I'm not. Finally made the decision to delete the game today after going back and forth about it. It's not worth the 45GB of SSD space it takes.

>

> I made the decision this Christmas to buy an SSD to improve my gw2 play!

Maybe in the future when I buy some other xTB HDD to put in my PS2 & PS3 games I might just pity the game enough to squeeze a bit of space to download it and then let it collect dust with those. If the game is still around by then.

I played at launch and stopped right around when Living World Season 1 ended. I hated LWS1 because to me it felt like they kept messing with the game and the story too much. Dungeons got boring. There was no real challenging PvE content, nothing truly worthwile to grind for and Fractals at the time sucked. The metagame seemed weird and my Necro main didn't fit anywhere. I quietly watched Heart of Thorns go by because I wasn't a fan of the whole tangled jungle thing. I also had some irreparable client issues. So late 2013 was where I stopped.

Fast forward to 2018, they drop Path of Fire and I finally got to see Elona in the new engine. Nightfall was my absolute favourite world in any game EVER. I came back in January 2018 and suddenly, Fractals were pretty damn good, the meta seemed to make more sense, the PoF maps were beautiful and fun and the story was pretty decent too. The whole "TV show" format was appealing to me. I spent the whole year grinding real life and GW2 simultaneously and after 1 year, I had two MA theses, five fully ascended-geared characters and two Legendaries, lol. Elder Wood farming and academic writing in intervals, hehe.

These days I play when LW content comes out and the Skyscale mount was my latest intense time-sink. Haven't had time to binge LWS5 yet. Fractals are another thing that keeps me coming back a few times a week. I put a lot of time and energy creating five characters that can all go into T4 fracs at a moment's notice and I enjoy doing fractal runs because they're short and make me feel like I still did something in-game that was worth the time investment. I guess I'm slowly grinding towards the Fractal Savant title but that's not really something I focus on. Sometimes though I just run around maps and take in the scenery. This game is absolutely gorgeous and I bought a new PC as a graduation gift for myself and the first time I wandered through the Desert Highlands with everything maxed at 1440p, I fell in love all over again. It's also a blast to move around the world on foot or on mounts, I love games with great movement.

Also, this game has SO many QoL things, it's almost staggering. Build templates and equipment templates were the latest great (if a bit late) addition.

TL;DR = Fractals, world, episodic format, movement, QoL.

im still playing gw2 because its free. i play World of Warcraft Classic the past few months but now its boring as kitten. after playing WoW classic the past few months now i can confirm that Gw2 at the moment is better game than WoW Retail/Live version and the classic version. i no longer subscribe to blizzard and never will until diablo 4 comes out