Mount burial bug

holodoc.5748

This common bug was fixed shortly after PoF was released, and I haven't seen literally anyone complaining about it since. I personally haven't had that bug since the fix, either. Strange.

I recommend contacting support directly. They'll instruct you in flushing your caches and whatever there is you can do if the game isn't working properly.

This bug still exists: until the mount model is loaded, the character is locked in the ground (though it does move in the minimap). Under normal circumstances, one does not notice it as loading the mount is fast enough. To truly experience this one has to warp to a congested area, and then try mounting while the client is still busy loading the background and other players.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> This bug still exists! The funny thing is that you can avoid the bug entirely when you get on a mount that is using a paid for skin. The default mounts don't have a generic unloaded version to put you on, so you sink in the ground.

Wait wait wait... I hope no one is shocked lol..

Only thing better would have been it only happening on the Warclaw.

I'm surprised I haven't been hit by this. I only had the default skins for about 6 months and still use them sometimes. I often have to wait a while for the skin to load (waiting for all kinds of other things to load too, including the floor sometimes) but I've never been stuck in place while waiting.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> This bug still exists! The funny thing is that you can avoid the bug entirely when you get on a mount that is using a paid for skin. The default mounts don't have a generic unloaded version to put you on, so you sink in the ground.

This bug has happened to my mounts fairly often and I never use the default skins.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > This bug still exists! The funny thing is that you can avoid the bug entirely when you get on a mount that is using a paid for skin. The default mounts don't have a generic unloaded version to put you on, so you sink in the ground.

>

> This bug has happened to my mounts fairly often and I never use the default skins.

>

Odd. It happens to me a lot on default. But I have yet to have it happen on store skins.

Can confirm, this bug affect the low tier Pc. In my case a MacBook pro retina late 2013.

And this is also the reason why I keep running with skimmer almost all the time because RNGodness blessed me with a skin of that type, and payed skin solved the problem

This bug was annoying in silverwast loot train, during anomaly fast kill, during timing boss after wipe because in my case you have to include even 40sec of locked in place and the funny fact is that you can't do nothing during this 40 sec otherwise you can experience 2 crazy stuff:

- You got bored and decided to dismount during the locked in phase:

- - A) if you are luck, you will be teleport instantly back to the point where you decided to mount up even if you moved through using the minimap

- - B if you dismount in place there is a good chance that you will fall below the level of ground. This Is How I discovered that below all the world there Is the sea,an immense world of sea, like one piece fisherman isle.

- if you try to move forward using the minimap there is the good chance that in 40sec you go outside the minima, that is literally going blind

The only positive note in my case is that Wvw warclaw isn't affected by this bug. I loved warclaw even more and was this guy that made me even command in wvw because I love the free mobility. OT:the ability to be able to dismount people is only need if you plan to diminish the overall pwoerhouse damage since right now I can be dismounted one shot from ranged people

They never fixed it, they just bandaged it by increasing the priority, which works for faster systems. The mount is still far lower priority than almost everything around you, so if you haven't loaded terrain or players yet, you can't load your mount.

And until its loaded, you can be stuck in place for 30-40sec or more, even on a system that isn't that slow, because it seems to depend entirely on the area you are in with Divinity's Reach mount race being the worst offender yet. I don't experience it very often anymore because I have Shrine Guardian and Savage Gladiator, but whenever I need a Raptor, Springer, Beetle, Griffon or Skyscale, I can be stuck *forever*.

This happens because the default skins don't have a placeholder model (storebought skins use the defaults as placeholders), so the game doesn't have any attachment points to stick your camera to, so you can move around but not see where you're going.

I know of many people who have bought premium skins just to avoid this bug.

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> This common bug was fixed shortly after PoF was released, and I haven't seen literally anyone complaining about it since. I personally haven't had that bug since the fix, either. Strange.

>

> I recommend contacting support directly. They'll instruct you in flushing your caches and whatever there is you can do if the game isn't working properly.

It's an issue with bad hardware, you won't move until the mount textures are loaded. Wooden pc = you get rooted.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> > This common bug was fixed shortly after PoF was released, and I haven't seen literally anyone complaining about it since. I personally haven't had that bug since the fix, either. Strange.

> >

> > I recommend contacting support directly. They'll instruct you in flushing your caches and whatever there is you can do if the game isn't working properly.

>

> It's an issue with bad hardware, you won't move until the mount textures are loaded. Wooden pc = you get rooted.

A rig running i7, RTX2070, 16GB RAM with a 1TB SSD (550MB/s sequential read) is not a "wooden" PC.

> @"holodoc.5748" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> > > This common bug was fixed shortly after PoF was released, and I haven't seen literally anyone complaining about it since. I personally haven't had that bug since the fix, either. Strange.

> > >

> > > I recommend contacting support directly. They'll instruct you in flushing your caches and whatever there is you can do if the game isn't working properly.

> >

> > It's an issue with bad hardware, you won't move until the mount textures are loaded. Wooden pc = you get rooted.

>

> A rig running i7, RTX2070, 16GB RAM with a 1TB SSD (550MB/s sequential read) is not a "wooden" PC.

Interesting. It wasn't intended as anything personal -I said that because when my old laptop's gpu died (so I was running on integrated :astonished: ), in any semi-crowded place I'd get visually stuck in the ground on a mount-up for quite a while, but I could see on the minimap I was moving around. Currently on i7-9750 /w RTX2070 +16GB RAM and 512 SSD and I don't see that problem anymore.

The bug can strike anyone regardless of the PC. It has to do with stuff around you loading before the mount graphics load, and can happen anywhere that there's lots of other graphics rendering happening. I have a decent gaming rig, and it happened to me during the wintersday race in DR. Only a couple of seconds delay, but I recognized it immediately from when I had a much worse rig. Switching to mount skins greatly reduces (or in my case eliminates) the bug, but it can happen to anyone anywhere.

Also, I can confirm that the bug CAN happen on the warclaw. The only mount I've never seen it on is the roller beetle, but I never use it outside races.

> @"CaelestiaEmpyrea.2617" said:

> The bug can strike anyone regardless of the PC. It has to do with stuff around you loading before the mount graphics load, and can happen anywhere that there's lots of other graphics rendering happening. I have a decent gaming rig, and it happened to me during the wintersday race in DR. Only a couple of seconds delay, but I recognized it immediately from when I had a much worse rig. Switching to mount skins greatly reduces (or in my case eliminates) the bug, but it can happen to anyone anywhere.

>

> Also, I can confirm that the bug CAN happen on the warclaw. The only mount I've never seen it on is the roller beetle, but I never use it outside races.

I have had it happen on roller beetle mid race too, if dismounted. Grothmar Valley in particular. Ended up under the map at one point. Very frustrating.