> > > > @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > @"Elric.4713" said:

> > > > > > Echovald Forest.

> > > > >

> > > > > This!!

> > > > >

> > > > > Also unfrozen Jade Sea.

> > > > > I really want a big water based map with small islands dotted about.

> > > >

> > > > I don't want to be a smart buttocks nerd, but jade sea isn't exactly "frozen".

> > > > It's solidified Jade. Hence the

> > > > **Jade** **Sea** name.

> > >

> > > It's frozen in the sense that it's petrified from the Jade Wind but it's not frozen like ice frozen :)

> > > Didn't know what other word to use, guess you could say crystalized but that doesn't quite feel right lol

> > >

> > > After Shiro's defeat though both the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest have started showing signs of reversion to their original state so by the time we get there in Gw2 they should be largely restored to a living forest and a water ocean.. which will be fascinating to see :D

> >

> > Indeed.

> > Think we'll still be able to see, walk, and swim the Canthan territory, before GW2 comes to its conclusion?

>

> Highly unlikely, and honestly id rather not go back, i want to see -new- places that we have never seen before, going back to the old places we have been going while nice is getting old IMO. Lemme explore Janthir bay and its isles(and that volcanic region at the far north of the map), the region of Elona known as Dzalana, Lets go the crater that Kralkatorrik made in Elona, the entire region known as Scavengers causeway has never been touched and its a huge portion of the map, the Domain of Winds would be amazing if it was made exploreable.

>

> Theres even room for anet to go to an entire new continent thats never been seen before IG and does exist in lore, why not go there?

>

>

Janthir islands too.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > Janthir islands

>

> Weren't these already spent for a raid?

>

>

Dont think so. The only mention of them that i know of is from LS3 (In 1329 AE, Rox mentions that Minister Caudecus has retreated to the Isles of Janthir with Canach in pursuit.)

Bastion of the Penitent is -close- to them, but its a really tiny portion of whats up there.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> > Janthir islands

>

> Haven't these already been used for a raid?

>

>

theyre a more north in the other side of the "lake", its localization is good for a very creative stuff.

Although White Mantle is a closed arc, we can go back there under the pretext of looking for some "magical artifact" or even a new "lost race".

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> theyre a more north in the other side of the "lake", its localization is good for a very creative stuff.

> Although White Mantle is a closed arc, we can go back there under the pretext of looking for some "magical artifact" or even a new "lost race".

I just hope they repurpose the sotry of with this new story feature that starts with reliving Saul D'Alessio Rylands life.

Its a waste that his story is held hostage in a raid, unseen by most players.

Pertinent to upcoming maps, I'd like to see a Shiverpeaks map that is normal on the surface of it, but at secluded points you can drop down under into a completely new landscape of submerged aquatic caverns and ruins, dry air pockets with miniature biomes, and riddles/puzzles/secrets to be solved and discovered. Maybe the next map in the story will be like this, maybe not. The duality of surface/underground could differ from other maps if the underground is mostly interconnected and just as easy to traverse as the surface, with only some elements of it requiring finesse to get to.

I'd also like if the two halves of the map weren't gated by time or a meta, simply there to be explored whenever and maybe requiring a map mastery to illuminate the darkness down there and/or stave off some kind of debuff effect you'd receive without the protection. In essence, you'd be getting two maps with one release, maybe each half with its own meta event and reason to explore.

> @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > Cantha, with the Jade landscape and the dark forest. It's different from the rest and I terribly miss it from GW1. :)

>

> You mean The Jade Sea, and Echovald Forest?

> Yeah...

> Well, you can always play GW1 for a bit, then comeback.

I do. I never stopped. =)

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > @"SoulGuardian.6203" said:

> > > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > > Cantha, with the Jade landscape and the dark forest. It's different from the rest and I terribly miss it from GW1. :)

> >

> > You mean The Jade Sea, and Echovald Forest?

> > Yeah...

> > Well, you can always play GW1 for a bit, then comeback.

>

> I do. I never stopped. =)

That's good.

I might pay cantha a visit myself.

I like that sword that drops in echovald forest, and I need a few of those.

I can live with almost any map type. My problem is when the map is not navigable or very difficult to navigate.

For example, Tangled Depths would be a fine map, but the complete uselessness of the mini-map there makes me hate the map. Give me a layered mini-map (i.e. tunnels show as tunnels, and not just more map with different decoration.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> I can live with almost any map type. My problem is when the map is not navigable or very difficult to navigate.

>

> For example, Tangled Depths would be a fine map, but the complete uselessness of the mini-map there makes me hate the map. Give me a layered mini-map (i.e. tunnels show as tunnels, and not just more map with different decoration.

Oh yes how I hate that map. It looks dmn good, but the playability for me is one of the worst in the game.

I am ok with multilayer maps, just make it possible to land on the lowest area and not like Verdant where you end up dead. But these multilayered maps require a lot of time since there were only a few with the HoT release.

What I really love is the old ascalon maps, with the ruins in them and such. Somehow ruins + forest and overgrown old stuff makes a very nice map for me.

I'd like to see some environments explored towards the direction of eldritch and cosmic horror. Something familiar yet unfamiliar, upside down, twisted, known yet unknown. An environment map which twists and turns and gets darker with each step of the meta-map event. With pathways that fold, twist and transform, forcefully separating players from each other and making it hard to regroup. A map where players can not see the unseeable and are only able to grasp what has killed them by gaining foresight through masteries. A map where the whole map is your enemy.

> @"Jackson.9307" said:

> I'd like to see some environments explored towards the direction of eldritch and cosmic horror. Something familiar yet unfamiliar, upside down, twisted, known yet unknown. An environment map which twists and turns and gets darker with each step of the meta-map event. With pathways that fold, twist and transform, forcefully separating players from each other and making it hard to regroup. A map where players can not see the unseeable and are only able to grasp what has killed them by gaining foresight through masteries. A map where the whole map is your enemy.

Yeaaaahhhhhh......

That DOES sound really cool, but I think the engine would melt down if they tried that....

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Jackson.9307" said:

> > I'd like to see some environments explored towards the direction of eldritch and cosmic horror. Something familiar yet unfamiliar, upside down, twisted, known yet unknown. An environment map which twists and turns and gets darker with each step of the meta-map event. With pathways that fold, twist and transform, forcefully separating players from each other and making it hard to regroup. A map where players can not see the unseeable and are only able to grasp what has killed them by gaining foresight through masteries. A map where the whole map is your enemy.

>

> Yeaaaahhhhhh......

>

> That DOES sound really cool, but I think the engine would melt down if they tried that....

>

>

Hmm I think they already have the tech for it. They use a lot of shaders and post processing for creepy effects and fog in whispers in the dark and have deforming environments in several parts of the game (destroyed islands in ds, td post meta giant wall collapse, moving vines in ab, collapsing floors in jps and fractals, portals, shifting platforms in raids etc.). Now just gotta scale that by 500% and make it semi real time like that annoying fractal (forgot the name, the one where u have to place 3 wisps in trees while vines keep shifting and blocking ur way) but jacked up a tonne.

The idea is to make the map alive with lots of moving tidbits, almost like the very planes you walk on are the eldritch creature itself that is annoyed that you are on its' back. The whole meta map would slowly progress from dark eerie environment to madness, darkness, cosmos, lots of moving pieces, separation, hallucination (already have that tech with ibogas and scarlets blossoms) such as players seeing things differently than what is in actuality, causing players to fall of platforms/cliffs. Walking into death etc. And as they succumb to their down state, the reality is revealed to them. With masteries, it would lessen the severity of such hallucinations and cause flickers between reality and illusion, allowing the player to know that they are actually about to walk to their doom. Final part of the meta would reveal the real nature of the map and world boss tearing out of cosmic space, an eldritch being tearing land and space, the being that players are walking upon. You fight its' head. Defeating it puts it back to temporary slumber, reverting the map back to its' "peaceful/illusion phase" for sometime before the map meta repeats.

It is a lot of work though, cost heavy, unrealistic and most likely not worth it. But still one can dream. :p

> @"Jackson.9307" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Jackson.9307" said:

> > > I'd like to see some environments explored towards the direction of eldritch and cosmic horror. Something familiar yet unfamiliar, upside down, twisted, known yet unknown. An environment map which twists and turns and gets darker with each step of the meta-map event. With pathways that fold, twist and transform, forcefully separating players from each other and making it hard to regroup. A map where players can not see the unseeable and are only able to grasp what has killed them by gaining foresight through masteries. A map where the whole map is your enemy.

> >

> > Yeaaaahhhhhh......

> >

> > That DOES sound really cool, but I think the engine would melt down if they tried that....

> >

> >

>

>

> It is a lot of work though, cost heavy, unrealistic and most likely not worth it. But still one can dream. ?

THAT I can’t argue with.... ?

Since creepy forest has already been mentioned I'll go with sky map or a place that is very very high, like a mountaintop. Like the Goemm's Lab jumping puzzle, but the entire map is like that. Favourite places currently are the swamps in the sylvari and human starting area they're so creepy!