Please make mythic weapon skins available to buy

Going to mention again that it would be nice if we got two skin selections per pack instead of one.

There is a good chance we wont get 16 packs to unlock each weapon, and even if we did, we wont like everything in those packs. Sometimes the other stuff is just too unappealing to justify buying it just for the skin.

Yes, I know it was like this with immortal and Black Lion Onyx weapons, I think it would be nice if we got two for those as well. (not considering the black lion recolor)

Note that the Immortal weapon skins are available (ludicrously expensive, but still) for Statuettes, and in the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock. This means it is likely that in time first the Onyx & Gold Lion set, and later the Mythic set, will be added similarly.

This of course after it's had it's "run" in packages - the Immortal set were in 8 packages, while the O&G was in 9 + the War Eternal supply drop, so a similar number of set seems likely.

Trawling through wiki history, I can't pin when the Immortal skins were added to the GWU, but it seems *before* the last set containing them! Hopefully they add the O&G set as well soon!

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Note that the Immortal weapon skins are available (ludicrously expensive, but still) for Statuettes, and in the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock. This means it is likely that in time first the Onyx & Gold Lion set, and later the Mythic set, will be added similarly.

>

> This of course after it's had it's "run" in packages - the Immortal set were in 8 packages, while the O&G was in 9 + the War Eternal supply drop, so a similar number of set seems likely.

>

> Trawling through wiki history, I can't pin when the Immortal skins were added to the GWU, but it seems *before* the last set containing them! Hopefully they add the O&G set as well soon!

So basically they all exist to try to get people to buy more Black Lion Keys ...

I also think those Mythic Weapons are one of the prettier skins. If they would be available as separate purchases for 500 gems a pop that would've been a guaranteed minimum 4 purchases from me as many of the Mythic Weapons look nice. However, just like the Celestial Axe or Wild Magic backpack, if they're a pain in the biscuits to buy, then I don't even bother. I don't think I'm their target demographic anyways -- these skins are most likely for the bigger spenders.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> If anything, I think they'd sell them at 800 gems.

Because a set that cost 12,800 gems makes sense.... can people please think before they post. The skins will cost 1 or 2 tickets once the merchant is updated. They have already released black lion skins prior to them showing up at the merchant in packs twice already. Look up the branded and endless ocean sets. They both were originally in a 1 time buy bundle then showed up for tickets, sound familiar doesn't it? They never sold individual black lion skin collection weapons except year 1 winterday, but that was prior to collections and wardrobe.

Edit:

The fact that they are accountbound suggest they will always be 1 ticket each, like the privateer set. So either when they update the chest, there will be unbound versions or the weapons will still be accountbound and follow the same rules as privateer weapons.

I don't think they're going to be on the black lion merchant. The branded and endless ocean weapons were included in the supply drop bundles but they weren't part of apperance packages.

The appearance packs have been going since 2015 and they're always fairly standard - an outfit, another cosmetic item like a glider or mini pet, some dye packs, a total makeover kit and a weapon from a unique set (previously immortal or black/gold lion weapons), not one which is also available for tickets. At some point in the future they might also be available for statuettes (the immortal weapons are) but they'll probably be stupidly expensive then too.

It's annoying that they're so restrictive, but I do find it kind of interesting that this is the 3rd time Anet have released a weapon set this way and the first time I've seen anyone complain about it. I guess the immortal and black/gold lion weapons weren't that appealing and it didn't bother anyone that you could only get them as pack of a pack and couldn't get a complete set.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> this is the 3rd time Anet have released a weapon set this way and the first time I've seen anyone complain about it. I guess the immortal and black/gold lion weapons weren't that appealing

Yes, actually, I think that's exactly why it wasn't voiced as much.

This may be an effort to incentivize the purchase of bundles but, at 2,000 gems, most of a bundle's contents would have to be things I want anyway. The bundles thus far haven't met this threshold, and I can't justify overpaying that much for a weapon set. **The incentive to buy a bundle shouldn't be access to a weapon set, but access to a group of items at a slight discount compared to buying them separately.**

I have never liked this "exclusive" method of packaging, and I'd have given them a lot more money had I been able to buy things individually and then choose whether to buy a bundle at a slight discount or not. Why they decided to lock these items up instead of offering them both in and outside of a bundle seems like it would reduce sales, and it definitely has from me.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > this is the 3rd time Anet have released a weapon set this way and the first time I've seen anyone complain about it. I guess the immortal and black/gold lion weapons weren't that appealing

>

> Yes, actually, I think that's exactly why it wasn't voiced as much.

>

> This may be an effort to incentivize the purchase of bundles but, at 2,000 gems, most of a bundle's contents would have to be things I want anyway. The bundles thus far haven't met this threshold, and I can't justify overpaying that much for a weapon set. **The incentive to buy a bundle shouldn't be access to a weapon set, but access to a group of items at a slight discount compared to buying them separately.**

>

> I have never liked this "exclusive" method of packaging, and I'd have given them a lot more money had I been able to buy things individually and then choose whether to buy a bundle at a slight discount or not. Why they decided to lock these items up instead of offering them both in and outside of a bundle seems like it would reduce sales, and it definitely has from me.

I agree with all of this. I don't mind them selling items in bundles but I wish they'd sell each item separately too, so you only need to buy the bundles if you want enough things to justify the price. That's how I do it anyway - I add up the cost of the items I want (estimating a price for ones not available separately) and if it comes to less than the bundle costs I don't buy it. As a result I don't think I've ever bought any of them and I'm not getting the new one either.

I know we'll never get to find out but I would love to know the thinking behind this latest weapon set. Mainly whether they just used a set of weapons which were ready to go at the right time, or if it was a deliberate effort to include one they knew would be more popular than the previous two.

• 3 months later...