Requst to redo medium legendary armor

Swagger.1459

> @Moonlit.6421 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> ...

> > “Tears” have been shed on lots of topics, so are we not allowed to provide constructive feedback because there were previous complaints? ...

> >

> >

> You are technically allowed to yes, however my stance still stands. On your thread a month ago I predicted it wouldn't be long before it sunk down into the depths of the forum and was forgotten about and sure enough I was actually the last person to post on your thread before it disappeared. Feedback has already been given by a multitude of people so Anet has surely heard it but after this long and with so many people owning it they won't change it. If even one person owns it now that likes it that means they'd have to develops a whole new medium legendary set or they'd be screwing over those who actually like parts of the gear. If they were going to change it they would've done so when it was first released and a considerable amount of people complained. They won't change it now over a few people for all the reasons stated above and starting a new thread with the same issue every month is honestly just a waste and people know that, hence why the one made last month died so quickly.

>

I have every right to provide constructive feedback, particularly about a valid topic. Sorry, but I don’t need any lecturing... Also, be careful, you may find yourself complaining about a topic that was brought up before... and we could easily turn around to you and say “quit talking because tears were already shed”...

You have zero clue as to whether things will or will not change... or the possibility of the team making alternative sets (as mentioned in my op)... but thanks for the feedback.

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> > @Moonlit.6421 said:

> > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > ...

> > > “Tears” have been shed on lots of topics, so are we not allowed to provide constructive feedback because there were previous complaints? ...

> > >

> > >

> > You are technically allowed to yes, however my stance still stands. On your thread a month ago I predicted it wouldn't be long before it sunk down into the depths of the forum and was forgotten about and sure enough I was actually the last person to post on your thread before it disappeared. Feedback has already been given by a multitude of people so Anet has surely heard it but after this long and with so many people owning it they won't change it. If even one person owns it now that likes it that means they'd have to develops a whole new medium legendary set or they'd be screwing over those who actually like parts of the gear. If they were going to change it they would've done so when it was first released and a considerable amount of people complained. They won't change it now over a few people for all the reasons stated above and starting a new thread with the same issue every month is honestly just a waste and people know that, hence why the one made last month died so quickly.

> >

>

> I have every right to provide constructive feedback, particularly about a valid topic. Sorry, but I don’t need any lecturing... Also, be careful, you may find yourself complaining about a topic that was brought up before... and we could easily turn around to you and say “quit talking because tears were already shed”...

>

> You have zero clue as to whether things will or will not change... or the possibility of the team making alternative sets (as mentioned in my op)... but thanks for the feedback.

>

Although I agree with your opinion regarding medium legendary armor, and fully support your decision to express that opinion here, you are mistaken about whether or not be has a clue about whether or not things will change. He may not be able to say what will happen with absolute certainty but there are solid indicators that no change is incoming.

When I saw the preview for all the armors, I was thankful I had never bothered much with raids at that point, because man I would've been pissed/depressed.

I also wondered who the modeler or artist for the armor was. Because that person shouldn't have a job any more. On top of flat-out ignoring our requests for "NO MORE TRENCH COATS" and "NO MORE BUTT FLAPS", the armors themselves don't even look particularly inspired. T3 cultural armor for the races looks way more inspired than the "legendary" armor.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> At least you have skins... WvW and PvP legendary armors don't even have skins of their own and just assume the skin of the piece you used as a precursor.

WvW mistforged version is already has legendary look. Good move by anet is leaving it as ascended. Otherwise would have spend marks + tickets for getting legendary version.

> @Swagger.1459 said:

>

> I have every right to provide constructive feedback, particularly about a valid topic. Sorry, but I don’t need any lecturing... Also, be careful, you may find yourself complaining about a topic that was brought up before... and we could easily turn around to you and say “quit talking because tears were already shed”...

>

> You have zero clue as to whether things will or will not change... or the possibility of the team making alternative sets (as mentioned in my op)... but thanks for the feedback.

>

To be fair I never told you that you should stop talking but by all means if you feel I'm going back on something and being pointless as you warn I may one day be you are free to say so, such is your right.

As to what will change or rather wont in this case, I've already provided my comments on those points but its obvious you are set on this no matter what I say. I encourage you to look at the post directly under yours so that you can get a second opinion of sorts from someone else regarding why I'm so sure, but for me personally this will be my final post on this thread. Partially because I don't want my debating to spam the thread and keep it alive longer than it should, and partially because there probably are still a few people out there who might post on here and whether I support this topic or not I have no real interest in detracting any more from the thread itself, so i'll go ahead and excuse myself here. Have a good day/night all~

> @Swagger.1459 said:

> > @Moonlit.6421 said:

> > Okay so i've read this and read through the replies here and there's one thing I'm a little surprised no ones talked about yet.

> >

> > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > ...Spent close to a year earning this gear, meeting all the major requirements and gold costs... only to be completely let down because of the uninteresting mismatch pre-transformation state and bulky bobble head ball gown post transformation.

> > > ...

> > >

> > So by the way you wrote that you spent close to a year earning this gear and never bothered to actually look at it and realize you hate it if I understand you correctly? Maybe I'm reading that wrong but that sounds like more of a personal issue friend.

> >

> > Continuing on though to address the thread itself, when I first saw your post something struck in the back of my mind and I thought to myself huh, this sounds familiar. Not because of the multitude of other threads that have already been made long ago on this topic, but because of your post in particular, and so I did a quick little search and sure enough;

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9797/requst-to-redo-medium-legendary-armor

> >

> > You already posted a thread complaining about this last month around the same time, I remembered it because I replied in kind to it as well. As I told you in that thread, "Tears have already been shed and the complaints have already been noted long ago and its obvious by this point that Anet isn't going to alter the design and by this point." While I can appreciate your dislike over the issue, Anet has made it clear that they are not going to change this design, especially now after so many people own it. Not to sound harsh but like it or not if they didn't do it when it first came out when it was met with considerably more complaints they certainly aren't going to do it now so much later because of one small thread.

>

> HoT launched with 1st raid October 2015... No legendary armors preview.

>

> Heavy legendary armor first preview October 2016...

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-first-look-at-legendaryarmor/

>

> “Let’s be clear: what we’re previewing today is just the heavy armor. This has gone through many iterations and redesigns to get to a place where we think it’s ready to share with you. At the moment, the light and medium armor sets are not at that level. We remain hard at work, and release is still some months off.”

>

> First preview of medium and light legendary armors April 2017...

>

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-armor-is-coming-soon/

>

> “Tears” have been shed on lots of topics, so are we not allowed to provide constructive feedback because there were previous complaints? ...

>

>

Legendary armor previews were available almost the moment the first armor was craft-able which I am sure was well before you crafted yours. You could have checked. This is double true if you were researching materials required for crafting. My guess is you did see the end result but are unsatisfied with it in actual live gameplay.

Actually, no you can't infinitely bring up the same issue over and over, it's right here in the terms of service:

> Off-topic / Spamming / Trolling / Derailing / Non-Constructive

>

> off-topic (not related to GW2) or irrelevant

> **excessively repeated**

> nonsense or valueless

> non-constructive

> derailing, aggressive, antagonistic, or harassing

> intended to cause forum unrest or forum member discomfort

> conspiracy theories

> quitting the game

> threats about or encouragement of the pursuit of legal action

> all caps, excessive punctuation, “leetspeech,” etc.

>

- https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct/

Bringing up a topic 1nce per month falls under this category especially when it has been discussed multiple times in the past.

> @typographie.1742 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > and that’s not good because players have spent a whole lot of time and effort to obtain them over the past 2 years…

>

> So your argument is that players spent 2 years to unlock the medium legendary armor set only to be shocked and surprised to find out what it looked like? I'm going to suggest an alternative possibility: maybe some of them spent that time to get it because they *actually liked it*. What happens to those people, in this laughable scenario where the developers redesign an armor set because of your firmly-worded expression of personal preference? Are they just screwed?

There's a post by someone who did just that.

I think it looks epic.

> @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > @Moonlit.6421 said:

> > > Okay so i've read this and read through the replies here and there's one thing I'm a little surprised no ones talked about yet.

> > >

> > > > @Swagger.1459 said:

> > > > ...Spent close to a year earning this gear, meeting all the major requirements and gold costs... only to be completely let down because of the uninteresting mismatch pre-transformation state and bulky bobble head ball gown post transformation.

> > > > ...

> > > >

> > > So by the way you wrote that you spent close to a year earning this gear and never bothered to actually look at it and realize you hate it if I understand you correctly? Maybe I'm reading that wrong but that sounds like more of a personal issue friend.

> > >

> > > Continuing on though to address the thread itself, when I first saw your post something struck in the back of my mind and I thought to myself huh, this sounds familiar. Not because of the multitude of other threads that have already been made long ago on this topic, but because of your post in particular, and so I did a quick little search and sure enough;

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9797/requst-to-redo-medium-legendary-armor

> > >

> > > You already posted a thread complaining about this last month around the same time, I remembered it because I replied in kind to it as well. As I told you in that thread, "Tears have already been shed and the complaints have already been noted long ago and its obvious by this point that Anet isn't going to alter the design and by this point." While I can appreciate your dislike over the issue, Anet has made it clear that they are not going to change this design, especially now after so many people own it. Not to sound harsh but like it or not if they didn't do it when it first came out when it was met with considerably more complaints they certainly aren't going to do it now so much later because of one small thread.

> >

> > HoT launched with 1st raid October 2015... No legendary armors preview.

> >

> > Heavy legendary armor first preview October 2016...

> >

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-first-look-at-legendaryarmor/

> >

> > “Let’s be clear: what we’re previewing today is just the heavy armor. This has gone through many iterations and redesigns to get to a place where we think it’s ready to share with you. At the moment, the light and medium armor sets are not at that level. We remain hard at work, and release is still some months off.”

> >

> > First preview of medium and light legendary armors April 2017...

> >

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-armor-is-coming-soon/

> >

> > “Tears” have been shed on lots of topics, so are we not allowed to provide constructive feedback because there were previous complaints? ...

> >

> >

>

> Legendary armor previews were available almost the moment the first armor was craft-able which I am sure was well before you crafted yours. You could have checked. This is double true if you were researching materials required for crafting. My guess is you did see the end result but are unsatisfied with it in actual live gameplay.

>

> Actually, no you can't infinitely bring up the same issue over and over, it's right here in the terms of service:

>

> > Off-topic / Spamming / Trolling / Derailing / Non-Constructive

> >

> > off-topic (not related to GW2) or irrelevant

> > **excessively repeated**

> > nonsense or valueless

> > non-constructive

> > derailing, aggressive, antagonistic, or harassing

> > intended to cause forum unrest or forum member discomfort

> > conspiracy theories

> > quitting the game

> > threats about or encouragement of the pursuit of legal action

> > all caps, excessive punctuation, “leetspeech,” etc.

> >

>

> - https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/the-forums-code-of-conduct/

>

> Bringing up a topic 1nce per month falls under this category especially when it has been discussed multiple times in the past.

That would be a valid point, except I already met all the requirements prior to the preview that was provided 18 months after the first raid launched...

Thanks for your feedback my friend!

• 1 month later...

> @"Llethander.3972" said:

> Just reskin them if ya don't like the looks. The main point of Legendary Armour is to provide players with gear that can be stat-swapped on the fly without having to constantly visit the Toilet, or use the Portable version, or have to re-slot Armour Runes/AR all the time. The appearance is secondary.

For many, including myself, appearances are important. I’m definitely not alone in saying that the ballgown style is off putting for medium armor professions.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Llethander.3972" said:

> > Just reskin them if ya don't like the looks. The main point of Legendary Armour is to provide players with gear that can be stat-swapped on the fly without having to constantly visit the Toilet, or use the Portable version, or have to re-slot Armour Runes/AR all the time. The appearance is secondary.

>

> For many, including myself, appearances are important. I’m definitely not alone in saying that the ballgown style is off putting for medium armor professions.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm just as sick of trenchcoats and butt capes as many. I'm just saying that you don't have to use the standard appearance, that's all. The first and foremost purpose of the Legendary Armour was for the ability to stat swap without having to use the toilet.

I mean, I play a Charr. Charr are one of the hardest to gear up in Fashion Wars 2 because of clipping and stretching issues. Trenchcoats are the worst offenders. I completely understand.