Fear not this night was awesome, now what?

coso.9173

I think this epic song made the ending of the original story awesome. It really felt awesome. I wish we would get more cool songs like this after important moments at the end of seasons and expansions. even maybe with credits too, it's nice to see who has worked on the game. ?

Albeit overly cheese and of very bad sound quality (overmodulated), it was the only good thing about the core campaign's finale. Nothing else about it felt remotely "epic", that's how bad the AI and everything else was (that goes for the whole of the final mission as well as the "big celebration" afterwards that only sported a handful of NPCs and made is look rather ridiculous).

I am glad that these days they have found ways to make things feel grand without having to refer to a corny soundtrack.

> @"FOX.3582" said:

> Fear not this night is an epic song indeed. Here are two other songs I really like!

The latter isn't a song (since there are no lyrics nor singing), it is a musical piece (or composition).

I do still like Fear Not This Night, even 7 years down the track. And I agree, the final scenes while protecting Trahearne while he finishes the spell with Caladbolg in the core story is phenomenal - all fighting noises cease and Fear Not This Night plays over the top, and still makes me tear up.

However! If you want phenomenal and rivetting music then I'm sorry, but Guild Wars 1 (Eye Of The North) takes the cake. There's a song in the soundtrack that activates during a fight scene, and picks up in intensity the longer it progresses. The song is called Iron Footfalls and is really worth a listen, as it spurs you on through the fight.

I agree that fear this night is beautiful song and alot of music compositions also. The music serves to set a mood on a particular story or map. POF have some good songs but for me the best mood setters are HOT maps. Anyhow everyone has there personal preferences. Mine is Scar.

"Fear Not This Night" is indeed a beautiful song. Other than it, here is my top three

[battle of the Breachmaker](

)

[Heart of Thorns Main Theme](

)

[Mouth of Mordremoth](

)

[The Olmakhan](

) is a fave as well.

Of course "Ballad of Soulkeeper" is a must and I'm also liking the Boneskinner battle music

[boneskinner](

)

It returned in season four (although sadly not in game),

If you've noticed they've been avoiding adding cinematics and too much new music to the game, and keep most of it in promotional materials, this is because the game has already become really bloated at over 40GB..

I wish they'd find a way, though. So many amasing things have been cut and left only in promo videos.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> It returned in season four (although sadly not in game),

>

> If you've noticed they've been avoiding adding cinematics and too much new music to the game, and keep most of it in promotional materials, this is because the game has already become really bloated at over 40GB..

>

> I wish they'd find a way, though. So many amasing things have been cut and left only in promo videos.

Sorry i dont agree season 4 had some amazing screenwork ingame think of the fights and death of aurene and do you remember the musicgolem in suns refuge?

But.. i agree Fear not this night is THE guildwars2 song in my eyes. I really like the macclaine diemer version (the dark one)

They tried doing a new song aurene dragon full of light. But its just not the same.