So they want Necromancers to Die

Kuulpb.5412

"Since this update specifically is removing some stability from their traits we made sure to buff their stunbreak skills appropriately in response." Ah yes, the whole ONE TRAIT WE HAVE that gives stability since you gutted EVERYTHING ELSE. And unless these stunbreaks prevent stun for the next 5 seconds, You cannot WHATSOEVER "buff the stunbreak skills" to counteract this change, More health does NOT mean You can fight longer, it means you can stay CCd with your Limit access to Crowd Immunity, meaning you can't play the game meaning Get out of GW2.

I just love being told by the makers of the game to stop playing the game as they don't care.

Now let's not jump to conclusions here. The stunbreaks are buffed in PVE only, not in competitive. But damage got nerfed across the board. So now you're not cc'd for 5 seconds when enemy team dogpiles and kills your ass. You'll be cc'd for 7.

Let's not forget the nerfs to our boon corrupts. Well fair point a lot fo boon application got gutted in terms of it's duration, but how hard - that remains to be seen. As a pvp core necro i'm loaded with boon corrupts and still find it barely sufficient to contain enemy threats, such as warrior going ham on a teammate...

JUUUST KIDDING! Ofc i have no good team in spvp and the warrior is first and foremost on me, even when i'm in backline:)

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> Now let's not jump to conclusions here. The stunbreaks are buffed in PVE only, not in competitive. But damage got nerfed across the board. So now you're not cc'd for 5 seconds when enemy team dogpiles and kills your kitten. You'll be cc'd for 7.

>

> Let's not forget the nerfs to our boon corrupts. Well fair point a lot fo boon application got gutted in terms of it's duration, but how hard - that remains to be seen. As a pvp core necro i'm loaded with boon corrupts and still find it barely sufficient to contain enemy threats, such as warrior going ham on a teammate...

>

> JUUUST KIDDING! Ofc i have no good team in spvp and the warrior is first and foremost on me, even when i'm in backline:)

>

>

The corrupt nerfes are ultra scary.

Like it may make us trash tier cz the base effect of the skills are pretty bad.

AND hard to land in real fast combat.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> ANet is taking CC in the opposite direction that they should and it's scary. Quick interrupts are good for any game, long wind up CC with long duration aren't.

No, because a mobile build would be impossible to lockdown with tiny cc durations. This would be the worst thing for necro players that could happen.

What we have now:

- stunbreaks on low cooldowns

- stuns that deal tons of damage

- tons of damage in general

What we will have in the future:

- stunbreaks on a higher cooldown

- stuns that deal no damage but stun for a higher duration

- a lot less damage

The latter is more healthy, because you have to think more about your actions and the most important thing: you get more time to react. The moment you are stunned no damage acually happened. You can break the stun or wait what your target does next. And your target needs more time to deal the same damage like before. The whole game will be more interactive and less "I spam my rotation no matter what my target does".

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > ANet is taking CC in the opposite direction that they should and it's scary. Quick interrupts are good for any game, long wind up CC with long duration aren't.

> No, because a mobile build would be impossible to lockdown with tiny cc durations. This would be the worst thing for necro players that could happen.

>

> What we have now:

> - stunbreaks on low cooldowns

> - stuns that deal tons of damage

> - tons of damage in general

>

> What we will have in the future:

> - stunbreaks on a higher cooldown

> - stuns that deal no damage but stun for a higher duration

> - a lot less damage

>

> The latter is more healthy, because you have to think more about your actions and the most important thing: you get more time to react. The moment you are stunned no damage acually happened. You can break the stun or wait what your target does next. And your target needs more time to deal the same damage like before. The whole game will be more interactive and less "I spam my rotation no matter what my target does".

>

That's how you think and I respect your opinion, but I don't think it will go your way. People will continue to furiously try to spam their skill, if anything, they will do it even more for the simple reason that they will feel that they do not do enough damage to their foe and thus become impatient. This will ineluctably lead to an increase of popularity of the bunker builds which will be badly received by the sPvP vocal community. This is the garanteed outcome of this patch.

The necromancer don't really have much stun to work with from the beginning, I don't see much help on this side to fight against mobile targets. From experience, stun are a lot more effective against one of the least mobile profession of the game, which happen to be the necromancer.

Ok ok before we freak out let's try and test these things out I know I already said uh what but maybe things will still work out in favor of the necro. They did nerf dmg as we all wanted.

Let's try to be optimistic and hope necromancer isn't completely gimped. It was pointed out that we should be able to survive a lot longer now, that's a plus, right?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> Ok ok before we freak out let's try and test these things out I know I already said uh what but maybe things will still work out in favor of the necro. They did nerf dmg as we all wanted.

>

> Let's try to be optimistic and hope necromancer isn't completely kitten. It was pointed out that we should be able to survive a lot longer now, that's a plus, right?

After this it'll be so kitten it's gonna star in whiskas commercials...

Our primary weakness? cc. So what does a-net do:

**destroys** our anti-cc measures while cc in general stays as was for all the professsions (less damage but same if not buffed duration).

This isn't just about foot in the grave (which is painful enough). Our corrupts, which are our 2nd line of defense when someone is trying rush us are also getting hard nerfed. Imagine a warrior with 25 stacks of might, stab, fury, quickness...and now our corrupts not being good enough to get to that stab or might...

Heck imagine you're a core necro and warr pops Rampage. And spoiler alert: it's cc did not get nerfed and damage coefficients were not reduced to 0.01 like most hard cc skills.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> yeah nerfing necro stab is a pretty dumb move. they even removed fitg but that replacement looks pretty worthy.

Not at all worthy imho, One was - Stunbreak and Stability when going into shroud, Now it's - You generate some life force when not in shroud, and protection when you enter. They don't know how to balance Necromancer at ALL. More health does not mean you are more of a threat, it does not mean You can survive More attacks if each attack does 10k, a Thief has 11k hp base, necro has 18k hp base, Both take 2 x 10k hits to die, Thieves can evade it, teleport, or do damage to counter it, Necromancers can... Go into death shroud which is no longer a stunbreak so it's just more health to be stunned through

I would like to Re-iterate - This Patch Idea now means a necromancer's SHORTEST Stunbreak cooldown is 25 seconds, with NO Trait stability and the Longest Stability being 6 seconds from Reaper shroud, This is not including Elites, because necromancer's Only Stability applications are either at MOST 3 stacks from Shroud, 1 stack for 5s from Trail of Anguish, or using THEIR ELITE.

> @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> I would like to Re-iterate - This Patch Idea now means a necromancer's SHORTEST Stunbreak cooldown is 25 seconds, with NO Trait stability and the Longest Stability being 6 seconds from Reaper shroud, This is not including Elites, because necromancer's Only Stability applications are either at MOST 3 stacks from Shroud, 1 stack for 5s from Trail of Anguish, or using THEIR ELITE.

They said as much in their notes.

> _Necromancer has always been designed to be a resilient profession that was light on Stability. _

We are a super tough to kill punching bag.

Yeah. I've been a necromancer since gw1-beta... And have watched through Gw2 as they continue to nerf necromancers. I used to be able to at least hold my own in 1v1, sometimes even win... not at all recently. And after reading the patch notes... I think it's about time I quit playing this game I have so very much enjoyed in the past.

> @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > Now let's not jump to conclusions here. The stunbreaks are buffed in PVE only, not in competitive. But damage got nerfed across the board. So now you're not cc'd for 5 seconds when enemy team dogpiles and kills your kitten. You'll be cc'd for 7.

> >

> > Let's not forget the nerfs to our boon corrupts. Well fair point a lot fo boon application got gutted in terms of it's duration, but how hard - that remains to be seen. As a pvp core necro i'm loaded with boon corrupts and still find it barely sufficient to contain enemy threats, such as warrior going ham on a teammate...

> >

> > JUUUST KIDDING! Ofc i have no good team in spvp and the warrior is first and foremost on me, even when i'm in backline:)

> >

> >

>

> The corrupt nerfes are ultra scary.

>

> Like it may make us trash tier cz the base effect of the skills are pretty bad.

> AND hard to land in real fast combat.

Even engi might have more boon removal than necro next patch xD

> @"Stormsong.1758" said:

> Yeah. I've been a necromancer since gw1-beta... And have watched through Gw2 as they continue to nerf necromancers. I used to be able to at least hold my own in 1v1, sometimes even win... not at all recently. And after reading the patch notes... I think it's about time I quit playing this game I have so very much enjoyed in the past.

A true shame, my main in guild wars 1 was a necromancer... I haven't really dinked with mine much in this game.... specifically for this reason.

Prepare ppl to get cced to death even more. You can't remove a crucial break stun like foot in the grave, nerf stab on infusing terror on reaper, and then even nerf the cd on all the breakstuns available. It is just too much imo, considering other classes will still be able to cc you ez as before.

Not to mention the fact that boon corruption nerf, will show even more how boon spam is crazy in this game. Just as an example ranger will be able to double stab stacks with heal as one, dolyak stance even if with a higher cd would still grant ton of stab just like strenght of the pack and many many other boon farting skills on all classes.

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > Ok ok before we freak out let's try and test these things out I know I already said uh what but maybe things will still work out in favor of the necro. They did nerf dmg as we all wanted.

> >

> > Let's try to be optimistic and hope necromancer isn't completely kitten. It was pointed out that we should be able to survive a lot longer now, that's a plus, right?

>

> After this it'll be so kitten it's gonna star in whiskas commercials...

> Our primary weakness? cc. So what does a-net do:

>

> **destroys** our anti-cc measures while cc in general stays as was for all the professsions (less damage but same if not buffed duration).

> This isn't just about foot in the grave (which is painful enough). Our corrupts, which are our 2nd line of defense when someone is trying rush us are also getting hard nerfed. Imagine a warrior with 25 stacks of might, stab, fury, quickness...and now our corrupts not being good enough to get to that stab or might...

>

> Heck imagine you're a core necro and warr pops Rampage. And spoiler alert: it's cc did not get nerfed and damage coefficients were not reduced to 0.01 like most hard cc skills.

Everyone else took a nerf too and eles are freaking out about the nerfs quite a lot.

Come to think of it, I didn't see any threads of nerf for warrs or guardians. But still, we got buffs and some major buffs don't come without nerfs, and vice versa.

I knew necro wouldn't go unscathed actually, heck even mesmers got hit with nerfs. GS dmg was nerfed on zerker so they do something like 33% less dmg on second zerker clone instead of 19, that's a pretty big number if you ask me.

Sword GS Gun all the dmg modifiers were lessened, so maybe we will be ok I hope.

> Heck imagine you're a core necro and warr pops Rampage. And spoiler alert: it's cc did not get nerfed and damage coefficients were not reduced to 0.01 like most hard cc skills.

Just want to point out here that rampage didn't get changed this patch because its CC has already been dropped to 0.01 in the last balance patch a while ago.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> Everyone else took a nerf too and eles are freaking out about the nerfs quite a lot.

>

> Come to think of it, I didn't see any threads of nerf for warrs or guardians. But still, we got buffs and some major buffs don't come without nerfs, and vice versa.

>

> I knew necro wouldn't go unscathed actually, heck even mesmers got hit with nerfs. GS dmg was nerfed on zerker so they do something like 33% less dmg on second zerker clone instead of 19, that's a pretty big number if you ask me.

>

> Sword GS Gun all the dmg modifiers were lessened, so maybe we will be ok I hope.

They took nerfs to damage, we took nerfs to our primary weakness and our primary reason to exist in competitive (boon corrupts). This is literally killing core necro (lowest damage in end game PvE, now easier to shut down in spvp, and lacking in corrupts).

Even if our "new" (due to damage nefs across the boards) durability will make us survive the abuse better, the nerfed boon corruption might be enough to make us nearly useless in spvp and any team asking the question: why is this necro here, instead of a valuable teammate?

Not to mention i would think a-net would want to end the cancerous Firebrand + necro setup by giving necro more self sufficiency, while less boon power to fb., so he can support but not hard carry, while necro would be allowed to exist without support on him 24/7...

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> Something that another Necro player pointed out. Life force generation wasn't touched, and there is a new trait to make it easier to maintain. So while dealing with cc will be a pain sustain through shroud is increased. With the lower overall damage Necro might become a fair bit more durable.

Being durable it's pointless if you get CCed to death, sure I'll watch my necro stay alive more while not be able to do anything.

Classes like thieves, mesmer and warrior that can really vomit stuns and daze how much they want, will laugh now even more when seeing a necro

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

>

> > Everyone else took a nerf too and eles are freaking out about the nerfs quite a lot.

> >

> > Come to think of it, I didn't see any threads of nerf for warrs or guardians. But still, we got buffs and some major buffs don't come without nerfs, and vice versa.

> >

> > I knew necro wouldn't go unscathed actually, heck even mesmers got hit with nerfs. GS dmg was nerfed on zerker so they do something like 33% less dmg on second zerker clone instead of 19, that's a pretty big number if you ask me.

> >

> > Sword GS Gun all the dmg modifiers were lessened, so maybe we will be ok I hope.

>

> They took nerfs to damage, we took nerfs to our primary weakness and our primary reason to exist in competitive (boon corrupts). This is literally killing core necro (lowest damage in end game PvE, now easier to shut down in spvp, and lacking in corrupts).

>

> Even if our "new" (due to damage nefs across the boards) durability will make us survive the abuse better, the nerfed boon corruption might be enough to make us nearly useless in spvp and any team asking the question: why is this necro here, instead of a valuable teammate?

>

> Not to mention i would think a-net would want to end the cancerous Firebrand + necro setup by giving necro more self sufficiency, while less boon power to fb., so he can support but not hard carry, while necro would be allowed to exist without support on him 24/7...

>

No point in freaking out I think until it's tested and until we can gather valuable data from after it comes out. There is still a chance some stuff could be changed.

> @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > Something that another Necro player pointed out. Life force generation wasn't touched, and there is a new trait to make it easier to maintain. So while dealing with cc will be a pain sustain through shroud is increased. With the lower overall damage Necro might become a fair bit more durable.

>

> Being durable it's pointless if you get CCed to death, sure I'll watch my necro stay alive more while not be able to do anything.

> Classes like thieves, mesmer and warrior that can really vomit stuns and daze how much they want, will laugh now even more when seeing a necro

Oh I will laugh when I roll my warrior. When I roll with my reaper I'll just blind the warrior and laugh in return.