Possibility of Expansion?

You think we will get one? Personally I'd like it to be a bit different and feature a new race in addition to new weapon choices for each class.

Elementalist- longbow

Warrior-shortbow

Necro-offhand axe

Revenant-greatsword

Guardian- mainhand shield

Ranger- offhand sword

Mesmer- mh pistol

Thief- mh axe

Engineer-offhand pistol

New race tengu or kodan.

The work that would involve implementing a new playable race makes the addition of one highly unlikely to me. The inordinate amount of voiced dialogue for the main character throughout the game that would need to be re-recorded for the new race is already a monumental task. Add in the race-specific storyline at the beginning of the core story, the new home city, etc. Yeah, that one is a no-go, I'm sure.

Then again, and paraphrased from above, never say never.

Expansion, maybe. BIG maybe.

New race, no. With how this game is structured, the amount of new voice acting and animation across the entire game, the lore gymnastics and retcons that would be required, they would pretty much have to write an entire new game to add a new race. Which why the kitten they didn't think of that when they were originally writing the game is anybody's guess. At the very least, Tengu should have been playable from the start. Instead, we most likely will never get to play a new race in this game because the company was short sighted and didn't make the game's structure expandable in that manner.

Heck, we can't even get them to give us a race change option, much less a whole new race. You know, things other MMOs have and get on a regular basis...bah.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> You think we will get one? Personally I'd like it to be a bit different and feature a new race in addition to new weapon choices for each class.

>

> Elementalist- longbow

> Warrior-shortbow

> Necro-offhand axe

> Revenant-greatsword

> Guardian- mainhand shield

> Ranger- offhand sword

> Mesmer- mh pistol

> Thief- mh axe

> Engineer-offhand pistol

>

> New race tengu or kodan.

>

>

>

Engineer already have offhand pistol?

> @"Nightcore.5621" said:

> > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > You think we will get one? Personally I'd like it to be a bit different and feature a new race in addition to new weapon choices for each class.

> >

> > Elementalist- longbow

> > Warrior-shortbow

> > Necro-offhand axe

> > Revenant-greatsword

> > Guardian- mainhand shield

> > Ranger- offhand sword

> > Mesmer- mh pistol

> > Thief- mh axe

> > Engineer-offhand pistol

> >

> > New race tengu or kodan.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Engineer already have offhand pistol?

They do indeed. Shows how often I play Engi ; )

No weapons really fit them though. Maybe greatsword or torch

A new race can be done.Theoretically, Tengu are not even a new race since the models are already done, its just a matter of graphing armour to the models properly.

As far as how it works into the story though, or as far as personal story for them, it would just take place either A. After the events of current living story and on wards or B, a new continent, just how GW1 introduced new classes/ Races with their Add ons with Factions, Nightfall, and EotN, and still fit everything into the story.

What blows my mind is when people have this mindset that " too hard for them to do". It's basically saying " Anet is not a competent nor talent company compared to other MMO devs to pull it off, so we'll give them a pass" or just flat out saying they're too lazy.

Anet is still a company of people who are talented enough and hopefully have enough experience in the industry to pull it off. They've managed to make elite professions work, in a way to add new skills into the game while changing how the character plays. They've managed to pull off adding mounts into a game that actually feel like they're more engaging than just a speed buff. So I'm sure they can figure out a way to add in a new race with animations and voice acting.

Further proof they can add a new race and make it work with a little extra time: Kodan combat tonic.

If we do get one it will be a long time coming. We don't know what's coming after Icebrood Saga, but Anet have said they aren't working on an expansion now and we can expect this season to go on for about 6 months at least (assuming an episode every other month, and only 3 more episodes) so it won't be before then. It's possible there will be one after that, but they could just keep going with living story releases if they think that's working.

> @"Nightcore.5621" said:

> I would preffer something New for elite spect that turn Condi weapon into power and power into condi so u can have lets say a warrior usin 1 hand sword for power and not for condi

I like that idea. New weapon skills for existing weapons which are different to what we've already got. I know there's a few times where I like the idea of a profession/weapon combination but not how the skills actually work so I end up using something else. It would be nice to have more options for each weapon so there's more chance of finding one that works for me.

As well as power/condi skills maybe they could also give ranged skills to some melee weapons and vice versa. For example mesmers use a greatsword as a ranged weapon, and revenants use a hammer. Maybe they could get melee skills for them and other professions could get ranged skills for some melee weapons.

**Is there a possibility of Expansion?** Yes. The future is vast.

**Will there be an Expansion this year?** Probably not. Icebrood Saga should be at minimum 6-8 months of releases, and we won't likely see any other expansion content until that wraps.

**What might be in a new Expansion?** I refer you to several hundred other threads discussing and suggesting exactly that.

**What do you think of these concepts?** I think they're meatless, superficial ideas; barely concepts at all. But, like any idea, something interesting could be made out of them with some effort. Point of order, though: Engineers already have Dual Pistols. Are you suggesting a different archetype or rework of Dual/OH Pistol?

> @"MikeG.6389" said:

> The work that would involve implementing a new playable race makes the addition of one highly unlikely to me. The inordinate amount of voiced dialogue for the main character throughout the game that would need to be re-recorded for the new race is already a monumental task. Add in the race-specific storyline at the beginning of the core story, the new home city, etc. Yeah, that one is a no-go, I'm sure.

> Then again, and paraphrased from above, never say never.

The only way to get a new race, _i think_

Would be to have one of the new race join the commanders squad for any other races' story line, and for the player of that race to join the commanders' squad as said member.

That way you have no story inconsistency, and no need to go back on the story.

The only difference or maybe weird thing would be that as said race you share half your dialogue with an NPC commander

One way to incorporate races might be through a evolution mechanic much like how they brought in Elite classes. For example: create a new event that takes your character to a place, at the conclusion of which, you can select a NEW evolution of your race... which they could then create new story lines for moving forward. That way you wouldn't have to muck around with the early game content. The racial evo would only show up in new content. Sure they could change some stuff... but they wouldn't have to change everything from lvl 1 forward. I dunno.. just my idea.

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> New race tengu or kodan.

A new race would be highly unlikely, because it would mean that all amor skins had to be made new or at least had to be adjusted. That would be a lot of extra work and is highly unlikly in my opinion.

The ugly reality, which those of us who have seen this before in other games know the signs, is that GW2 is a game declining toward the end of its actively developed life. At this point, people need to be happy if we get ANY new content after the Icebrood Saga, much less another expansion.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> If we do get one it will be a long time coming. We don't know what's coming after Icebrood Saga, but Anet have said they aren't working on an expansion now and we can expect this season to go on for about 6 months at least (assuming an episode every other month, and only 3 more episodes) so it won't be before then. It's possible there will be one after that, but they could just keep going with living story releases if they think that's working.

>

~snip~

I'm actually expecting it to be more than 6 episodes, if it's not then it's nothing more than a rebranded LW Season, and if it is really a Saga then it should be somewhere between 8 - 10 episodes, and that would take us into next year, but no one really knows to be honest.

> @"zityz.6089" said:

>What blows my mind is when people have this mindset that " too hard for them to do". It's basically saying " Anet is not a competent nor talent company compared to other MMO devs to pull it off, so we'll give them a pass" or just flat out saying they're too lazy.

Nah. It's obvious to anyone with two eyes that no tengu or skritt will be able to recoup the development costs. At least not without sticking them in the gem store and even then it's unlikely.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"MikeG.6389" said:

> > The work that would involve implementing a new playable race makes the addition of one highly unlikely to me. The inordinate amount of voiced dialogue for the main character throughout the game that would need to be re-recorded for the new race is already a monumental task. Add in the race-specific storyline at the beginning of the core story, the new home city, etc. Yeah, that one is a no-go, I'm sure.

> > Then again, and paraphrased from above, never say never.

>

> The only way to get a new race, _i think_

> Would be to have one of the new race join the commanders squad for any other races' story line, and for the player of that race to join the commanders' squad as said member.

> That way you have no story inconsistency, and no need to go back on the story.

> The only difference or maybe weird thing would be that as said race you share half your dialogue with an NPC commander

But there would be players who would want to go back on the story and complain about being unable to do content because of it.