Why do you still play this game?

Deax.1572

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

i like the characters, the story, and building backstories for my characters, and occasionally "rewriting" the canon story and/or filling the gaps in my head (dont judge me, im having great time). also i have always like million goals and plans all the time, and i enjoy working on them (these goals are pretty much anything ranging from working on a legendary to trying to get perfect look together for one of my million neglected alts).

i physically cannot be interested in more than one game at the same time, so i always will inevitably end up taking a break from gw2 whenever another game steals my attention, but i always return for the next story update.

I don't. I quit the game in 2019 cause I got tired of the constant, aggravating grind this game is and the attitudes that are holding it back from improving. I'm actually here atm cause a Reddit post with news regarding EP3 linked the announcement.

*I did log in the client twice to claim the episodes though. The second time I even managed to keep the game on for more than 15 minutes cause I got the mail for this new Super event going on, tried it, seemed fun and fresh until I realized it's pretty much a huge grind for some AP and some meh skins, just like all the previous ones. Uninstalled right after.

Maybe some day they'll fix the game to actually reward you for playing without needing to grind like a full time job or take the wallet shortcut for gems. Maybe they'll add an automated matchmaking system like every other online game has so 75% of the end game content stops being gatekept by like 10-15% of players too. Maybe by 2025 when the new expansion releases. o/

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > For the pvp, if I wanted pve I'd roll ff14.

>

> played that in the past, loved the boss mechanics :P here in gw2 is gimmciks stack in a place where mob wont hit... LMAO basicly how to 111111111 for idiots.

Yeah if it weren't for gw2 pvp and how its combat mechanics lend to that pvp I wouldn't be playing it. There's other mmo's who's pve and stories dummy gw2's lol but unfortunately non can compete with gw2 combat, aside from bdo but u have to love grinding mobs u one shot for yrs to reach competitive lv's.

I play for the HoT metas, World Boss events, Ley-line Anomaly, Dailies, and Fashion Wars. I would love to see them add a couple world events, like the 'Stop the Bloodstone Elemental Incursion', 'cept on a much larger scale with a boss at the end of it...something along the lines of 'Ley-line Anomaly' where you would get a message alerting you to the event and where it's happening.

What can I say... as an old GW1 vet, story-wise, I'm attached to the lore and want to see where things go.

Mechanically, combat is very fluid and that's a big plus .I reside as a roamer in WvW when I've finished/lost interest in the LW episode and don't have expansion content to play. I Played a ton of PvP before 2020, but fell off for the last 2-3 seasons. Even if things still need attention in the competitive modes, I enjoy them and [hopelessly] hope they would do more than just conquest.

Movement is a breeze and interacts well with gliding, mount/dismount, etc. Best mounts in any game I've played without question.

The knowledge of a [likely] Canthan expansion has me rehyped, even if the pace of current things is bogged down by dat Rona.

/shrug

I'm not playing like I did in my peak, post HoT, but pre PoF. Yet, it's still the best MMO experience I've had even with the things I wish were different.

*As an aside,*

I've tried getting irl friends to play, and I don't think it's GW, I just think mmos take a lot of people's mental energy to engage with and I don't know that people have much of it to spare anymore.

- Good game with tons of stuff to do

- Doesn't require monthly subscription

- Has a currency exchange - don't need cash to get cash shop items

- Cash shop items are non essential when it comes to playing the actual game

- Praiseworthy business model

Not a perfect game but I don't mind spending money on it the least bit.

I play gw2 to kill time when there's a patch in FFXIV or when I'm cooking something that has to be checked often, GW2 is a fun way to past the time while waiting for something else.

--**small rant incoming**--

Things that could bring more players back are- Semi-Intricate player housing- allow players to choose between several houses & decor & able to share their style among the community.

Meaningful choices within the story that feel less heroic & more anti-hero or vigilate- so our character doesn't seem so poorly plain & vanilla.

WvW alliances & a system that rewards roamers & caters to players who also want to fight other players- and not just sleep at a tower or camp.

Better character customization--- clones are everywhere in Gw2; the hairstyle options are boring compared to GW1 expansive choices. The faces in Gw1 even looked better even though there were no sliders. The NA voice acting is cringe too, especially for the Norn & Humans.

The focus is more on chair skins & backwings than there is anything else, it feels like.

I've been asked by several of my guild mates in other MMO's, including FFXIV if GW2 was worth getting into & I'm honest- I won't say here what I tell them because I don't want my post removed.

Gw2 is trying to be a jack of all trades & attempting balance most of it-- but it only reaches a bar of "let's add mounts!/another chair skin/silly backwings!" where it remains mostly lackluster everywhere else. If it's going to be a more RP specific/ PvE/Raid game- it needs to focus that. If it's going to be a mass PvP specific game; it needs to focus that.

I used to play everyday until it became clear Anet has no care for the players of WvW or the WvW game mode.

Aside from WvW; The PvE story isn't that enthralling mostly because the characters are really cliche. Braham is probably the worst & it would have been better off if he'd had been killed instead of his mother, atleast his mother had more backstory & already dealt with the daily guilt of Snaff, so why not also give her the guilt of her son's death? A son she clearly regretted not getting to know & be a mother to?

I'll be honest, I haven't attempted the newer icebrood story- but from what I've heard, it's a darker tone which sounds great- but it's too late.