Warlord Armor

Tinnel.4369

This patch seems to be completely disappointing right now. Someone can state the good things?

bad (my onion)

1) the 200g for a reward track

2) the balance changes

3) the armor in bronze instead of diamond

4) more queues for a week because pve'ers that won't stick to the game mode anyway

> @"geist.4126" said:

> This patch seems to be completely disappointing right now. Someone can state the good things?

> bad (my onion)

> 1) the 200g for a reward track

> 2) the balance changes

> 3) the armor in bronze instead of diamond

> 4) more queues for a week because pve'ers that won't stick to the game mode anyway

the good:

1) had fools hyped for a bit.

I am not too disappointed.

1) For the 200g, ie around 500 gems, you get 10 scraps, a key, a mount skin, and a bunch of minor black lion stuff. Its not a great value but it is not a big deal.

2) The balance change... let see what the new meta brings. It looks bad but you got to be optimistic that the community will find a interesting meta.

3) the armor box is anets way to provide new wvw rewards every 6 months that takes about 6 months to fully complete. This one is trying to both encourage veterans to continue (those that are completionists will have to continue playing wvw for 18 more months), and it gives new players a early reward each week. It also enable people to work on skins that you get from skirmish tickets at the same time as the new armor.

4) queues happens at every wvw update. At least we get 100% wxp bonus and 25% reward bonus.

> @"geist.4126" said:

> This patch seems to be completely disappointing right now. Someone can state the good things?

> bad (my onion)

> 1) the 200g for a reward track

Agreed that it should not cost that much especially when wvw is terrible for gold farming.

> 2) the balance changes

The balance change is a huge plus from me.

I was afraid of condi completely dominating everything but it has not happend(at least now).

And the lower damage is what I think the game mode needed for long time.

The armor in bronze is also good for me, bigger motivation for casuals and veterans can wait 3 days more for it.

> 4) more queues for a week because pve'ers that won't stick to the game mode anyway

Potentially some of them will stay. I think it's objectively good that there are more players in gamemode.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Yeah bummer, I was kinda expecting to just rush the armor with my stored WvW potions.

>

> Now I'll be forced to play the game mode I enjoy for at least 2-3 hours per week for the next 18 weeks... wait a second, how is that a problem again?

They said they werent gonna use the vendor system, like they did in mistforged skins. And since wvwers play the mode anyway, they will get the skins, eventually. In my eyes, this update is targeted towards pvers, with powercreep being toned down and a new skin every week in bronze chest (warlord skin). They may be trying to entice new players to the mode, which is definitely a good thing. Is this going to work? Time will tell.

> @"geist.4126" said:

Nothing wrong there, as now even those who just casually play WvW can earn the skins. The mistake that was made was ANET not mailing an armor chest to every player who had already completed Bronze this week, and it speaks volumes t that nobody around the design table realized that making WvW players wait an extra week for the 1st piece was an issue.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"geist.4126" said:

> > 3) the armor in bronze instead of diamond

>

> Nothing wrong there, as now even those who just casually play WvW can earn the skins. The mistake that was made was ANET not mailing an armor chest to every player who had already completed Bronze this week, and it speaks volumes t that nobody around the design table realized that making WvW players wait an extra week for the 1st piece was an issue.

>

>

totally agree. the fact nobody saw the flaw just shows how much wvw anet people do outside their 1 hour stream.... So now I can earn the chest on my lvl 200 alt this week, but not on my 6k account. No it is not the end of the world, but once again better planning would have avoided this....

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"geist.4126" said:

> > 3) the armor in bronze instead of diamond

>

> Nothing wrong there, as now even those who just casually play WvW can earn the skins. The mistake that was made was ANET not mailing an armor chest to every player who had already completed Bronze this week, and it speaks volumes t that nobody around the design table realized that making WvW players wait an extra week for the 1st piece was an issue.

>

>

Not surprised one bit by this oversight. I would be surprised that anyone else is surprised.

> @"Terc.5736" said:

> Isn't it nice to be penalized for playing WvW since reset and passing bronze. Loyalty is not very appreciated it seems. Oh well!

How are you penalised, exactly? By having to wait for the weekly reset because you farmed the track by the second day? Oh, come on now. Do we really have to find a way to complain about anything and everything?

there is a bug with the armor.

the icons are not the proper ones so if u select ehe medium brigantine u get the leggins instead but with the icon of the brigantine.

this is unacceptable i do not want to wait another week just for this and keep a pair of anonymous leggins none would have taken first.

anyway wonderful patch

https://imgur.com/a/mNJkCiX