Amazing - zerging - first evening impression

Nimon.7840

I have to praise Anet for this patch.

In my opinion this patch was great for zergfights. At least at the first evening.

Fights were still over in an instant with good spikes.

But there weren't random oneshots from skills hitting 16k damage.

This patch actually promoted playing together.

You cannot oneshot 5 people on your own anymore with one skill.

This first impression may change quickly once people figured out and discovered new meta builds.

But for the first evening it was great. I enjoyed playing in a Zerg more than ever before.

The only small downside is, that the patch seems to have killed some build diversity, at least for scourge.

Power scourge feels completely useless.

Especially because of the 85% damage nerf on f1, which affects f2-4 as well. So 85% nerf for a skill that isn't a cc skill?

- Condi/hybrid scourge it is, cause it didn't get hit as hard as power scourge.

Some other things that might need a look at, especially for roaming:

-condi mirage (way too much easy Condi application, in my opinion there's a need to nerf Condi application of those clones)

- bunker/Condi rev (seems like an insane build, still doing insane torment spikes while being insanely tanky)

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > I have to praise Anet for this patch.

>

> >

> > Some other things that might need a look at, especially for roaming:

> > -condi mirage (way too much easy Condi application, in my opinion there's a need to nerf Condi application of those clones)

> > -

>

> How many condi Mirage did u face today after patch?

The ones he imagined while you are high. Zero Mirages today roaming in my full server from Europe. Only few core mesmers trying to watch if it works enough after the patch. But against more modern specializations no. And Mirage is null in zergs.

Maybe he don't have enough with his necro sustain and raves for more after getting drunk with the indirectly improved one. You know... once you get and feel the power you want to get all for you and be God. Who need cleanses when you have to clean nothing? Nerf all anyways i don't want to bother ^^ Powa!!!

I have the feeling that he readed some post this evening/morning about ambushes here without even put attention to the context and hey here be go........... Typical.

They got their evades and now their dodge nerfed, how much more you want them to do? They're useless in zerg fights which requires a lot of aoe dodging, now on one dodge bar. Only mirages around were ones still seeing if they could make mirage work, I'm sure by the end of the week they'll either be core or chrono or quit to another class or game. Like just imagine playing your class with just one dodge especially when you need to go through chokes or bombs.

Oh but hey congrats to all the zergers out there, scourges are still needed for massive boon strips and still have two dodges.

> @"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:

> Oh gosh, the thing is dead and people still complaining :s people will never stop criticizing the mirage until he loses his clones lul

Thats what happens when a profession or elite leaves a bad taste in players mouths... it happened to scourge why are people surprised it wont happen for mirage. The damage is done and the scar caused by it is not going to ever heal completely unless anet nerfs it to the point its almost not viable or they rework it into something actually balanced on both sides.

Thats how im seeing it. IF your elite is so busted at some point that it can literally crush 90% of the other professions with whats seen as ez cheese for a long period of time dont be surprised when that 90% dislikes you even after you become less viable or unviable. Thats more or less to be expected. It happens when corporations and bussinesses do bad choices in the real world it also happens when you let a class remain inblanced in mmos for a long period of time.

My initial take after the first evening after the new patch was that it did feel different. I have two different views. The fights were great especially the 50 v 50. They lasted a bit longer and were very satisfying. The other side to this is that they would sometimes take so long that it was extremely hard to take an objective at times because after you would clear half a group the remaining half would cloud giving time for the people who just died enough time to get back to the fight and contest. This lead to the eventual dwindling of the attacking team fading out.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> Thats what happens when a profession or elite leaves a bad taste in players mouths...

Agreed, too much deserved (then free) hate, mesmer will have till the shutdonw of GW2.

But, when scourge was nerfed not once we have seen a complaigning thread, ZERO............mirage ?? the third's one i've read since yesterday :s

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:

> > Oh gosh, the thing is dead and people still complaining :s people will never stop criticizing the mirage until he loses his clones lul

>

> Thats what happens when a profession or elite leaves a bad taste in players mouths... it happened to scourge why are people surprised it wont happen for mirage.

Except scourges are still a big part of the zerg meta, and thieves leave just as much of a bad taste (look at how many thief and stealth threads come up) but instead they get permastealth and even given mesmer tools! Meanwhile mirage got taken to the shed out back, after chrono.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:

> > > Oh gosh, the thing is dead and people still complaining :s people will never stop criticizing the mirage until he loses his clones lul

> >

> > Thats what happens when a profession or elite leaves a bad taste in players mouths... it happened to scourge why are people surprised it wont happen for mirage.

>

> Except scourges are still a big part of the zerg meta, and thieves leave just as much of a bad taste (look at how many thief and stealth threads come up) but instead they get permastealth and even given mesmer tools! Meanwhile mirage got taken to the shed out back, after chrono.

And scourge is not viable in pvp or roaming where as mirage was so i mean take that how you will.

On the topic of thief no matter what anet does you will hate it... its thief... he way its skills are designed to be used will make you always hate it any time it kills you.

Mesmer might need a few weeks before someone figures out how to make 1 dodge work. Keep in mind that when chrono came out people said it was crap and then weeks or months later people figured out how to play it and it was one of the strongest things for a while.

Mirage came out and people said it was crap anet reworked clones and stuff and people still said it was crap but weeks or months later people figured it out and it was low key beyond broken.

Before we deduce that mirage is 100% done for lets give it a few weeks to see what happens. Mesmer has always been a late bloomer and often gets buffs before people even figure out how to adjust and make it work which then results in it being insane.

This also could have been solved if anet gave it a proper trade off back when the community was saying it didnt have one but players pushed back saying "not rolling when i dodge" was reason enough for a trade off which was just silly.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I have to praise Anet for this patch.

Wow, like 100% different than my impression.

> In my opinion this patch was great for zergfights. At least at the first evening.

And this is why I do not appreciate the patch like you do.

> Fights were still over in an instant with good spikes.

And I thought that was exactly what they wanted to get rid of. I thought the nerfs to damage exist to make fights last longer, so you could have a chance of using your skills correctly, or if used incorrectly it would be costly, without immediately ending the fight. But that's exactly what I kept seeing. Make a mistake (and sometimes the mistake might just be facing a bigger group), and the fight is over. No skill involved.

But I also thought conditions in this patch should not exist to burst, but to add constant pressure, and yet I kept seeing whole zergs die to condis thanks to reduced cleanses. So clearly I have no idea what the devs meant to say with their design intent ...

This would have been a good chance and idea to pull new ppl into WvW, which instakills probably are not gonna achieve. Oh well. Another chance gone by.

The necro class has been part of the zerg meta since day one, and necro and reaper have been strong roamer or small group classes, reapers are still coming back now after everyone went to scourge in the beginning. A spec built on aoe and corruption is obviously not going to be great at roaming, but highly needed for zergs. Despite that they were never required to sacrifice a dodge for mass conditions they can dump on entire groups. Deadeyes have stealth on dodge, hey why not limited to one dodge for this? oh wait because stealth apparently gets a free pass even though it gets even more complaints than conditions in here.

Mirage was built to use evade for offense and defense, but now with the limitation you will have to reserve the dodge for defense purposes because using it for offense leaves them wide open for every single thing, people forget they've also been through two years of constant nerfs to their defense and mobility, how about giving those back for losing the dodge? no? well then might as well play core or chrono loaded with stealth instead. Don't expect some secret super build to come out, because they've received nerfs and no tradeoff.

They could have dealt with this in a bunch of different ways like cooldowns on mirage cloak or infinite horizon or nerf the ambush skills, like they already did with evasive mirror or master of manipulation, instead they took a sledgehammer to the spec and hit the one base thing you should not touch on any class. But oh look, even after that people still coming in here to complain about their conditions from the ambush even though it's application has literally been cut in half, and when there's other specs that can load you up just as well on conditions. They took the exact same steps to destroy chrono, pluck off petal by petal and then smashed it.

I will ask this again, can you imagine playing your class/spec with only one dodge with the amount of kitten that gets thrown around on the battlefield?

Lastly, go ahead *waves hands around* bring it, call me salty for wanting to play my favorite class without a chopped off leg.