Holosmith has WAY too little stability and other day 1 Troubles with balance

memausz.7264

How am I supposed to play holo to any meaningful extent now?

I get no swiftness from Holo Leap (and neither do teammates)

I get no stability from Corona Burst

Prime Light Beam does no damage at all

Toss Elixir B's stability duration is 5 seconds WITH buffs

Juggernaut trait maxes at one stack for 3 seconds at any one time AND you have to equip a flamethrower JUST to use it.

And it's not like the stun breaks have the cooldowns to justify this either... Spectrum Shield - 30 seconds MINIMUM only after 50% heat

Elixir S - 48 seconds, MINIMUM with HGH trait

Utility Goggles - 30 seconds minimum with a laughable 2 seconds of resistance

Healing mist - 23 seconds minimum with Tools Mechanized Deployment trait

Superspeed 21.5 seconds minimum

Rumble - 32 seconds minimum.

Either the stunbreak cooldowns need to come down, or core engi/holosmith need their access to stability back again. You forum users are seriously going to try and convince me that ONE stack of stability on Corona Burst that had enough duration for a Finisher was EXCESSIVE? Give me a break!

Enjoy your stupidly broken bunker necros and renegade condi bomb sandwiches.

Most classes run 2 stunbreaks with cooldowns at around 30-40 seconds.

1. Spellbreakers use Frenzy and Shake It Off on 40 and 25s cooldowns respectively.

2. Rangers use Lightning Reflexes and Quickening Zephyr at 30 and 45s cooldowns.

3. Necros use Flesh Wurm and Spectral Walk at 32 and 40s.

4. Symbolbrands used Save Yourselves and Contemplation of Purity at 50 and 40s.

5. Thieves have Shadowstep and Roll for Initiative at 50 and 35s.

6. Mesmers have Blink and Signet of Midnight at 30s each.

etc. etc.

Idk maybe you can try dodging stuff instead of just holding down W and 1 because you had extremely high stability uptime in prior patches.

The only builds that had a reliable source of stability in the previous metas were Soulbeasts with Dolyak Stance, Holosmiths, Weavers, and Mirage. All of them got gutted so you just have to get used to getting CC'd again like everyone else if they don't avoid them.

> @"memausz.7264" said:

> How am I supposed to play holo to any meaningful extent now?

> I get no swiftness from Holo Leap (and neither do teammates)

> I get no stability from Corona Burst

> Prime Light Beam does no damage at all

> Toss Elixir B's stability duration is 5 seconds WITH buffs

> Juggernaut trait maxes at one stack for 3 seconds at any one time AND you have to equip a flamethrower JUST to use it.

>

> And it's not like the stun breaks have the cooldowns to justify this either... Spectrum Shield - 30 seconds MINIMUM only after 50% heat

> Elixir S - 48 seconds, MINIMUM with HGH trait

> Utility Goggles - 30 seconds minimum with a laughable 2 seconds of resistance

> Healing mist - 23 seconds minimum with Tools Mechanized Deployment trait

> Superspeed 21.5 seconds minimum

> Rumble - 32 seconds minimum.

>

> Either the stunbreak cooldowns need to come down, or core engi/holosmith need their access to stability back again. You forum users are seriously going to try and convince me that ONE stack of stability on Corona Burst that had enough duration for a Finisher was EXCESSIVE? Give me a break!

>

> Enjoy your stupidly broken bunker necros and renegade condi bomb sandwiches.

Let's face it, you're spoiled by the OP build. I faced/teamed with many great Holo in top 200. Everyone got nerfed, and that's the beauty of it.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> Nope holosmith players need to "git gud" and stop relying on perma stab, most boons, 25 might and start thinking about **when** they use their stunbreak not just use it "whenever because cool downs don't matter, YOLO!!!!"

>

> As it was in core.

Fixed it for you.

> @"memausz.7264" said:

> I get no swiftness from Holo Leap (and neither do teammates)

> I get no stability from Corona Burst

> Prime Light Beam does no damage at all

> Toss Elixir B's stability duration is 5 seconds WITH buffs

> Juggernaut trait maxes at one stack for 3 seconds at any one time AND you have to equip a flamethrower JUST to use it.

>

> And it's not like the stun breaks have the cooldowns to justify this either... Spectrum Shield - 30 seconds MINIMUM only after 50% heat

> Elixir S - 48 seconds, MINIMUM with HGH trait

> Utility Goggles - 30 seconds minimum with a laughable 2 seconds of resistance

> Healing mist - 23 seconds minimum with Tools Mechanized Deployment trait

> Superspeed 21.5 seconds minimum

> Rumble - 32 seconds minimum.

>

> Either the stunbreak cooldowns need to come down, or core engi/holosmith need their access to stability back again. You forum users are seriously going to try and convince me that ONE stack of stability on Corona Burst that had enough duration for a Finisher was EXCESSIVE? Give me a break!

>

> Enjoy your stupidly broken bunker necros and renegade condi bomb sandwiches.

IV always stuck to fa ele. It's what I like best. And against the former Holo, it had way to much pressure and sustain, aoe, and utilities skills for a dpser. Now everything is kinda in line with each other and it takes some setups and skills again to accomplish winning. You have been gifted S tier for to long. Time to join the rest of the guild wars classes.

Yeah everyone here is hating on Holo pretty hard. Edit: It had the DPS playstyle severely nerfed, that's a very tough build to play at the moment - it's high risk / average reward. For those that don't want to build a holo for full defense, best to re-roll. Prot Holo is viable, though separated by a large gap from from the current top 3 professions (Guard, Necro, Rev).

Edit again: @"memausz.7264" , You have to go Inventions/Alchemy/Holo with Hard Light Arena in order to play Holo to any real viability right now.

Holosmith main here, our stunbreaking capabilities are fine. I'd even say better than most other classes. As you listed, we have multiple options for various builds, so you should easily be able to find two or more to fit into whatever style of holo you'd like to play.

Personally, I've been playing a perma-vigor-perma-superspeed holo with the 50% endurance trait. Very difficult to pin down and capable of rotating between points very qiuckly, but squishy if mistakes are made since I run zerker and rely on dodges to keep me alive.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> It feels pretty balanced where it is.

> Everything should get shaved to that level, Yolosmith doesn't need to get stacked up again.

Everything should be nerfed so there's no damage? Really?

It's not balanced. It's objectively bad right now unless you want to play Sw/Sh protection holo, which is literally just supporting a return to the bunker meta. Which would be subpar.

> @"memausz.7264" said:

By planning your attacks properly and not running at some one knowing they wont be able to cc you because you fat fingered your free stability button.

By playing Holo smith and not Yolo smith which is what most people did before hand with that stability abuse.

By investing in defenses instead of depending on your offensive damage to be your main defense

By realizing that other professions also got heavy cuts in areas that made them weaker which means you are safter without the stability than you might thing..

Any or all of the above might help you with your question.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"memausz.7264" said:

> > How am I supposed to play holo to any meaningful extent now?

> By planning your attacks properly and not running at some one knowing they wont be able to cc you because you fat fingered your free stability button.

> By playing Holo smith and not Yolo smith which is what most people did before hand with that stability abuse.

> By investing in defenses instead of depending on your offensive damage to be your main defense

> By realizing that other professions also got heavy cuts in areas that made them weaker which means you are safter without the stability than you might thing..

>

> Any or all of the above might help you with your question.

thing is holo already invested in defenses before the patch to be viable. all 3 utilities was used for defense alone. same with traitlines. granted i agree it was too much free dmg from running an defensive build as elixir holo and i like the dmg now(explosion traitline is the bomb <3) but it dosnt help everyone is running condi bunkers everywhere atm.

only way we can run holo now is going full prot/conversion holo since thats the only way our clears can keep up with this condi spam fiesta. which is too bad tbh.

i liked when holo could actually deal some dmg and not get hardwalled everywhere it went without being bunker af.

meh, gonna save my holo explosion tools build for the future when condi bunker meta is over

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> Most classes run 2 stunbreaks with cooldowns at around 30-40 seconds.

>

> 1. Spellbreakers use Frenzy and Shake It Off on 40 and 25s cooldowns respectively.

"Shake it off!" -> 2 ammo on 75 seconds CD. Frenzy 45 seconds.

> 2. Rangers use Lightning Reflexes and Quickening Zephyr at 30 and 45s cooldowns.

QZ is down to 40 seconds now in sPvP/WvW.

> 3. Necros use Flesh Wurm and Spectral Walk at 32 and 40s.

SW is 50s thought.

> 4. Symbolbrands used Save Yourselves and Contemplation of Purity at 50 and 40s.

> 5. Thieves have Shadowstep and Roll for Initiative at 50 and 35s.

_Roll for initiative_ is listed at 50 seconds CD on the patch note.

> 6. Mesmers have Blink and Signet of Midnight at 30s each.

Both are 35s.

> etc. etc.

>

> Idk maybe you can try dodging stuff instead of just holding down W and 1 because you had extremely high stability uptime in prior patches.

>

> The only builds that had a reliable source of stability in the previous metas were Soulbeasts with Dolyak Stance, Holosmiths, Weavers, and Mirage. All of them got gutted so you just have to get used to getting CC'd again like everyone else if they don't avoid them.

Most stunbreak CD have been nerfed in sPvP/WvW, you're using the "old" values. This doesn't make your point less valid but it reduce your credibility.

> @"toxic.3648" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"memausz.7264" said:

> > > How am I supposed to play holo to any meaningful extent now?

> > By planning your attacks properly and not running at some one knowing they wont be able to cc you because you fat fingered your free stability button.

> > By playing Holo smith and not Yolo smith which is what most people did before hand with that stability abuse.

> > By investing in defenses instead of depending on your offensive damage to be your main defense

> > By realizing that other professions also got heavy cuts in areas that made them weaker which means you are safter without the stability than you might thing..

> >

> > Any or all of the above might help you with your question.

>

> thing is holo already invested in defenses before the patch to be viable. all 3 utilities was used for defense alone. same with traitlines. granted i agree it was too much free dmg from running an defensive build as elixir holo and i like the dmg now(explosion traitline is the bomb <3) but it dosnt help everyone is running condi bunkers everywhere atm.

> only way we can run holo now is going full prot/conversion holo since thats the only way our clears can keep up with this condi spam fiesta. which is too bad tbh.

> i liked when holo could actually deal some dmg and not get hardwalled everywhere it went without being bunker af.

>

> meh, gonna save my holo explosion tools build for the future when condi bunker meta is over

>

>

Well i do agree that...

Bunker meta is slightly too strong atm anet needs to add a bit of damage back i think that would be the best way to handle it personally.

Or adding bunker killing traits to each profession that only have a big benefit against bunker builds meaning they need to be based on max health or toughness of your target. The traits need to be effective against bunkers but darn near useless against non bunkers this prevents people just taking them for the sake of power creep. Thats how a lot of games usually handle things like that. Like the warrior trait "Warrior's Cunning" that was nerfed a while ago would actually be very good example of what a bunker killer trait should look like. Anet could add things like this with minior changes here and there to make them good against bunker builds but pretty pointless against glass builds.

All the people saying that the stunbreaks/stab is fine rn on Holo should try playing against a good Condirev/FB or Core Nec/FB duo in 2v2 and then talk again... Also holo obviously depends a lot more on stab and stunbreak since you need to go fairly close range with barely any dodge or immunity frames that allow you to keep fighting. It is OBVIOUSLY different than a Ranger pressuring from 1,5k range and leaping to Narnia while dodging every time he is in danger.