Would you like S/S THIEF in a future update/expansion?

TheThief.8475

The title say itself.

I hoped since HoT for a S/S thief, I hope they will consider that, given the fact that thief off hand is very resticted (only dagger or pistol) and they only added 2 handed weapon to it.

I think it would be funny, also consider that on thief not only "4" and "5" skill are given by the offhand, but also the "3" which is a combination of main and off hand.

It would be a dream to me, (not a fan of sniper or staff..)

What do you think? :)

Yes for me, and I agree with your point about getting two two-handers despite having a unique skill type for off-hands. I even made a conceptual post of an elite spec for it, full traits and pictures and stuff.

However I'll play any new spec if it comes out. At this point, I've mellowed out a bit with regards to the weapon. In order of importance to me, if getting new specs at all is the first, the second would be if the spec can offer a different playstyle, and third would be if it can introduce a new role to the class. After that would be the theme, which would include whichever particular weapon is being added.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> They'll likely pick another two handed weapon because they don't want to make a 3rd skill for every weapon combo. Even though Weaver went overboard.

>

> I'd honestly like something other than mainhand weapons going into the offhand slot. Focus as a whip maybe?

O...SnAAAP !!!! Honestly, I wasn't sure what s/s meant before I opened the thread, but yes, another shot at a true duelist sounds excellent. (Completely forgot mesmers could even use offhand sword. Thought only warrior could)

But dang...the new weapon ideas. Whip....Hells yeah. But you have to say it like Stewie from Family Guy. Also, Pike for warriors. booM!

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> Yes.

>

> Sword/Sword Thief-esque gameplay is the entire reason why I played Revenant. (also because of Shiro aesthetic)

> Now that Revenant is being dumpstered, I yearn for a new Sword/Sword style play which focuses on hitting hard and fast.

Might have to wait for a while. Outside DE, it doesn't really occur to me that the devs are allowing thief to be a threat in 1v1's anymore. Which is boring, and making me abandon the class in PvP.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > I'd like gs with stances. Something that could be a real brawler and that actually changes up the feel and pace of thief.

>

> Thief already has a brawler elite spec with daredevil, tho.

And? It relies on gimick random high damage vaults to be somewhat effective. Yay fun playstyle. It's also been available so long that those issues will never change as the community won't allow it to be viable further than a one trick pony niche build playstyle if it hasn't by now yrs later. Plus this is all subjective to everyones personal opinion and I would rather a gs cuz they have good skins and provide more new skills than dual sword would being 2 new skills and probably some lazy lame flip over skill knowing this design team lol. And thirdly stance gs would be a huge change rom thiefs current playstyles. Lastly torches etc are lame as f.... for non caster types, imo ofcourse:)

Gs-2020

S/S is out of character for a Thief specially the kind of swords we have in GW2 where short and longsword are the same thing. I would like to see dual-short-swords, but dual-long-swords looks dumb. Even Greatsword is a bit of a stretch.

The next logical weapons for the Thief are fist weapon (street fighter), scepter + focus (arcane thief), and torch (arsonist).

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> Well since next expansion was confirmed and we're going Cantha I think that your off-hand sword dreams are most likely to come true.

Not likely. The only "assassin" that uses dual swords is Shiro and Revenant already stole that. I'd rather see the offensive side of Shadow Magic (Shadow Arts is defensive).