Will we get more equipment templates slots? @Anet

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.

> > No, he means that currently the "gear loadouts" mechanics broke several things that worked before templates were introduced - for example easy, on-the-fly switching between gear just by clicking on item in inventory, which seems to be not working right now in many cases where at least one of the items involved is legendary.

>

> If you used the equipment screen exactly how it was prior to templates being added, there is really no difference.

>

> > Delta's arc templates being vastly superior to Anet's implementation has actually nothing to do with this case. Even though they _were_ vastly superior.

>

> I wasn’t talking about this so why bring it up?

>

You are totally 100% wrong. Maybe I will make a video to demonstrate. Its 100% consistently repeatable. It always does it. You always lose the sigil/rune and infusions from any legendary items you change out unless they are saved in another equipment tab already. Prior to templates this DIDNT happen to legendary. Also because infusions get stored in other tabs on items, when you do try to change out infusions, sigils, runes, they some times dont appear in inventory. They only appear in equipment tabs. This is NOT AT ALL THE SAME AS BEFORE. You seem like you have played enough this should be understood. Do I actually need to make a video to demonstrate!?!?

Given that it has been datamined that there can be up to 10 equipment templates, the ability to unlock multiple templates at a reduced cost (4 in the current system; 8 in a fully unlocked system) is probably a good idea.

The pricing needs adjustment for bulk purchases (any Guardian, PVE Mesmer players mainly, but to a lesser extent Revenant) but for the average PvE player that runs Berserker's + Viper's there isn't much pain. The other classes are basically relegated to 2-3 templates unless you play WvW (if they would sell reduced price packs of 5/9/10 equipment templates for WvW players it would be neat) or run offmeta builds.

The most likely scenarios (by approximate playerbase) are:

Guardian - needs multiple templates if you have only 1 guardian , especially for WvW

Warrior - can get by with Berserker's + Viper's unless you play WvW

Necromancer - can get by with Berserker's + Viper's unless you play WvW or run heal/support scourge

Ranger - can get by with Berserker's + Viper's unless you play heal druid... rarely run in WvW squads by serious players

Elementalist - can get by with Berserker's+Viper's unless you play WvW or run heal tempest

Mesmer - needs multiple templates in PvE if you play boon chrono, rarely run in WvW anymore

Thief - unless you run condi or do raids with boon thief you can use template 1 for PVE and template 2 for WVW

Engineer - I suspect condi is much less popular in PvE; if you play WvW you would want added templates for heal scrapper or DPS scrapper

Revenant - needs template for alacrity ; condi rev is all the rage in WVW now

Based off gw2efficiency's warclaw statistics about 60K players (~30% of their userbase) have completed the Warclaw Companion achievement ; only 7K players (~3% of gw2efficiency users) finished the new Warclaw skin track (granted it requires a gold investment) versus ~15K players that finished the Icebrood Saga reward track.

> @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.

> > > No, he means that currently the "gear loadouts" mechanics broke several things that worked before templates were introduced - for example easy, on-the-fly switching between gear just by clicking on item in inventory, which seems to be not working right now in many cases where at least one of the items involved is legendary.

> >

> > If you used the equipment screen exactly how it was prior to templates being added, there is really no difference.

> >

> > > Delta's arc templates being vastly superior to Anet's implementation has actually nothing to do with this case. Even though they _were_ vastly superior.

> >

> > I wasn’t talking about this so why bring it up?

> >

>

> You are totally 100% wrong. Maybe I will make a video to demonstrate. Its 100% consistently repeatable. It always does it. You always lose the sigil/rune and infusions from any legendary items you change out unless they are saved in another equipment tab already. Prior to templates this DIDNT happen to legendary. Also because infusions get stored in other tabs on items, when you do try to change out infusions, sigils, runes, they some times dont appear in inventory. They only appear in equipment tabs. This is NOT AT ALL THE SAME AS BEFORE. You seem like you have played enough this should be understood. Do I actually need to make a video to demonstrate!?!?

Like I said before, if you choose to ignore using equipment templates, the system performs exactly as it did before they were added. The “bug” that you state is from you **choosing** to use equipment templates. That’s very different. This “issue” could also be due to you not fully understanding the difference between inventory and build equipment inventory. This confusion was shared amongst a lot of players when build templates were first released.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

> > > > > > You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

> > > > They don't get them from you, but **they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold**. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which has nothing to do with buying equipment slots with gold.

> >

> > Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.

> > Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

>

> No. That realistically only impacts the exchange rate.

It could be argued that the impact on the exchange rate can influences others to buy gems to convert to gold.

Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.

> > > > No, he means that currently the "gear loadouts" mechanics broke several things that worked before templates were introduced - for example easy, on-the-fly switching between gear just by clicking on item in inventory, which seems to be not working right now in many cases where at least one of the items involved is legendary.

> > >

> > > If you used the equipment screen exactly how it was prior to templates being added, there is really no difference.

> > >

> > > > Delta's arc templates being vastly superior to Anet's implementation has actually nothing to do with this case. Even though they _were_ vastly superior.

> > >

> > > I wasn’t talking about this so why bring it up?

> > >

> >

> > You are totally 100% wrong. Maybe I will make a video to demonstrate. Its 100% consistently repeatable. It always does it. You always lose the sigil/rune and infusions from any legendary items you change out unless they are saved in another equipment tab already. Prior to templates this DIDNT happen to legendary. Also because infusions get stored in other tabs on items, when you do try to change out infusions, sigils, runes, they some times dont appear in inventory. They only appear in equipment tabs. This is NOT AT ALL THE SAME AS BEFORE. You seem like you have played enough this should be understood. Do I actually need to make a video to demonstrate!?!?

>

> Like I said before, if you choose to ignore using equipment templates, the system performs exactly as it did before they were added. The “bug” that you state is from you **choosing** to use equipment templates. That’s very different. This “issue” could also be due to you not fully understanding the difference between inventory and build equipment inventory. This confusion was shared amongst a lot of players when build templates were first released.

Why do you feel the need to continue to lie over and over. You just lie and lie and lie. everthing u just posted is a 100% untrue. Otherwise known as a lie. I would say what I think based uppon that but then this would be deleted my moderators.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > > > You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.

> > > > No, he means that currently the "gear loadouts" mechanics broke several things that worked before templates were introduced - for example easy, on-the-fly switching between gear just by clicking on item in inventory, which seems to be not working right now in many cases where at least one of the items involved is legendary.

> > >

> > > If you used the equipment screen exactly how it was prior to templates being added, there is really no difference.

> > >

> > > > Delta's arc templates being vastly superior to Anet's implementation has actually nothing to do with this case. Even though they _were_ vastly superior.

> > >

> > > I wasn’t talking about this so why bring it up?

> > >

> >

> > You are totally 100% wrong. Maybe I will make a video to demonstrate. Its 100% consistently repeatable. It always does it. You always lose the sigil/rune and infusions from any legendary items you change out unless they are saved in another equipment tab already. Prior to templates this DIDNT happen to legendary. Also because infusions get stored in other tabs on items, when you do try to change out infusions, sigils, runes, they some times dont appear in inventory. They only appear in equipment tabs. This is NOT AT ALL THE SAME AS BEFORE. You seem like you have played enough this should be understood. Do I actually need to make a video to demonstrate!?!?

>

> Like I said before, if you choose to ignore using equipment templates, the system performs exactly as it did before they were added. The “bug” that you state is from you **choosing** to use equipment templates. That’s very different. This “issue” could also be due to you not fully understanding the difference between inventory and build equipment inventory. This confusion was shared amongst a lot of players when build templates were first released.

I DONT USE THIS SHITTY TEMPLATES I HATE THE SHITTY TEMPLATES. THE EQUIPMENT BOXES DO THIS EITHER WAY. What the FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!???

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

> > > > > > > You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

> > > > > They don't get them from you, but **they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold**. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Which has nothing to do with buying equipment slots with gold.

> > >

> > > Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.

> > > Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

> >

> > No. That realistically only impacts the exchange rate.

>

> It could be argued that the impact on the exchange rate can influences others to buy gems to convert to gold.

>

Perhaps.

> Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

> > > > > > > You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

> > > > > They don't get them from you, but **they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold**. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> It could be argued that the impact on the exchange rate can influences others to buy gems to convert to gold.

>

> Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

Its like saying that Nissan quashqai is succesfull product, becouse Nissans primavera are sold well.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

>

> It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

>

Not that specific transaction, no. However, it's two different transactions that are generating the money. First, another player buys gems and then converts them into gold. Our template-buyer then converts gold to gems. Because of the way the exchange rate works, these two transactions generate money while removing more gold from the in-game economy than was introduced.

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

> > > > > > > > You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

> > > > > > They don't get them from you, but **they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold**. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Which has nothing to do with buying equipment slots with gold.

> > > >

> > > > Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.

> > > > Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

> > >

> > > No. That realistically only impacts the exchange rate.

> >

> > It could be argued that the impact on the exchange rate can influences others to buy gems to convert to gold.

> >

> > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

>

> Its like saying that Nissan quashqai is succesfull product, becouse Nissans primavera are sold well.

... I have no idea what those are.

> > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> >

> > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> >

>

> Not that specific transaction, no. However, it's two different transactions that are generating the money. First, another player buys gems and then converts them into gold. Our template-buyer then converts gold to gems. Because of the way the exchange rate works, these two transactions generate money while removing more gold from the in-game economy than was introduced.

And yet the gold to gem rate has been increasing since launch indicating that more gold is entering the exchange than being removed.

Why did Anet not allow players to purchase expansions through the gemstore if it meant they would incur no loss in revenue as you claim?

Edit: If they are the same thing, as you claim, why did she distinguish that there was a difference?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HOT-purchased-in-game-with-gems/first#post4867488

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

> > > > > > > > > You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

> > > > > > > They don't get them from you, but **they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold**. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which has nothing to do with buying equipment slots with gold.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.

> > > > > Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > No. That realistically only impacts the exchange rate.

> > >

> > > It could be argued that the impact on the exchange rate can influences others to buy gems to convert to gold.

> > >

> > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> >

> > Its like saying that Nissan quashqai is succesfull product, becouse Nissans primavera are sold well.

>

> ... I have no idea what those are.

Neither do i but it doesnt matter. Fact that PPL are actively spending money on 1 product of some company doesnt mean, other product of this company is succesfull as well

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > >

> > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > >

> >

> > Not that specific transaction, no. However, it's two different transactions that are generating the money. First, another player buys gems and then converts them into gold. Our template-buyer then converts gold to gems. Because of the way the exchange rate works, these two transactions generate money while removing more gold from the in-game economy than was introduced.

>

> And yet the gold to gem rate has been increasing since launch indicating that more gold is entering the exchange than being removed.

>

You can thank the gold farms for this. Anet has made it much easier to farm gold to purchase gems instead of otherwise encouraging gem purchase via real money.

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

> > > > > > > > > > You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

> > > > > > > > They don't get them from you, but **they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold**. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which has nothing to do with buying equipment slots with gold.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.

> > > > > > Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > No. That realistically only impacts the exchange rate.

> > > >

> > > > It could be argued that the impact on the exchange rate can influences others to buy gems to convert to gold.

> > > >

> > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > >

> > > Its like saying that Nissan quashqai is succesfull product, becouse Nissans primavera are sold well.

> >

> > ... I have no idea what those are.

>

> Neither do i but it doesnt matter. Fact that PPL are actively spending money on 1 product of some company doesnt mean, other product of this company is succesfull as well

I think you skipped over a part of my post.

>**buying templates** with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction.

People are actively purchasing one product with a single currency. The transaction doesn't care where that currency comes from. With enough purchases (transactions), it's reasonable to assume **that product** is successful.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"TwoGhosts.6790" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

> > > > > > You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

> > > > They don't get them from you, but **they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold**. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Which has nothing to do with buying equipment slots with gold.

> >

> > Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.

> > Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

>

> No. That realistically only impacts the exchange rate.

And you dont think the exchange rate nudge people to buy gold with gems if its high and the reverse if its low?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> And you dont think the exchange rate nudge people to buy gold with gems if its high and the reverse if its low?

Assuming that the gold->gem purchases contribute enough to increase the gem->gold rate enough to entice players to purchase gold. I can tell you that I bought three equipment slot with gold and it had no impact on either exchange rate. This was money that Anet didn’t get.

How do you even determine if equipment slot purchases even contributed to a gold->gem rate increase when there are so many other items and factors that could have contributed and/or been the exact cause?

If you look at the overall trend, you’ll see that more players are spending gold for gems than the other way around as well.

> @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > > > > You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.

> > > > > No, he means that currently the "gear loadouts" mechanics broke several things that worked before templates were introduced - for example easy, on-the-fly switching between gear just by clicking on item in inventory, which seems to be not working right now in many cases where at least one of the items involved is legendary.

> > > >

> > > > If you used the equipment screen exactly how it was prior to templates being added, there is really no difference.

> > > >

> > > > > Delta's arc templates being vastly superior to Anet's implementation has actually nothing to do with this case. Even though they _were_ vastly superior.

> > > >

> > > > I wasn’t talking about this so why bring it up?

> > > >

> > >

> > > You are totally 100% wrong. Maybe I will make a video to demonstrate. Its 100% consistently repeatable. It always does it. You always lose the sigil/rune and infusions from any legendary items you change out unless they are saved in another equipment tab already. Prior to templates this DIDNT happen to legendary. Also because infusions get stored in other tabs on items, when you do try to change out infusions, sigils, runes, they some times dont appear in inventory. They only appear in equipment tabs. This is NOT AT ALL THE SAME AS BEFORE. You seem like you have played enough this should be understood. Do I actually need to make a video to demonstrate!?!?

> >

> > Like I said before, if you choose to ignore using equipment templates, the system performs exactly as it did before they were added. The “bug” that you state is from you **choosing** to use equipment templates. That’s very different. This “issue” could also be due to you not fully understanding the difference between inventory and build equipment inventory. This confusion was shared amongst a lot of players when build templates were first released.

>

> I DONT USE THIS kitten TEMPLATES I HATE THE kitten TEMPLATES. THE EQUIPMENT BOXES DO THIS EITHER WAY. What the kitten IS WRONG WITH YOU!!???

>

>

No they don't. I just equipped a legendary weapon onto a character that wasn't using any of the other equipment template slots. It worked fine. I removed and equipped it several times without any issues. I removed the sigil, equipped the weapon, and removed the weapon without any issues. If you use any of the other build equipment slots, things may go into your build equipment inventory. This is most likely what you're experiencing.

Below are a couple links which may help you.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/learn-all-about-build-and-equipment-templates/

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Template#Equipment_Template

There were also some YouTube videos as well if you're more of a visual learner.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

>

> It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> >

> > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

>

So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > >

> > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> >

>

> So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

It's entirely possible the exchange is/was generating more revenue for the gemstore than if it didn't exist. I'm honestly not sure.

As for why expansions are not sold in the gemstore, I don't know. Possibly because more revenue is generated this way, possibly because it might completely tank the gem exchange.

*Minus gems received from achievement rewards.

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > > >

> > > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> > >

> >

> > So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

>

> Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

>

But they do not receive as much revenue as if players would have purchased the gems with money in order to purchase the equipment template slots.

Me purchasing 8000 gems with gold in order to purchase equipment build slots is unlikely to change the exchange rate and entice someone to purchase gems to exchange for gold. This is $800 in revenue that Anet loses out on.

> As for why expansions are not sold in the gemstore, I don't know. Possibly because more revenue is generated this way, possibly because it might completely tank the gem exchange.

> *Minus gems received from achievement rewards.

Most likely because they receive more revenue.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > > > >

> > > > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> > > >

> > >

> > > So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

> >

> > Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

> >

>

> But they do not receive as much revenue as if players would have purchased the gems with money in order to purchase the equipment template slots.

>

> Me purchasing 8000 gems with gold in order to purchase equipment build slots is unlikely to change the exchange rate and entice someone to purchase gems to exchange for gold. This is $800 in revenue that Anet loses out on.

>

Maybe not you individually but all players across both servers will. If enough people buy gems with gold to get build templates, gems will cost more gold; enticing people to buy gems to sell for gold. Its not complicated..

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > > > >

> > > > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> > > >

> > >

> > > So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

> >

> > Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

> >

>

> But they do not receive as much revenue as if players would have purchased the gems with money in order to purchase the equipment template slots.

>

> Me purchasing 8000 gems with gold in order to purchase equipment build slots is unlikely to change the exchange rate and entice someone to purchase gems to exchange for gold. This is $800 in revenue that Anet loses out on.

>

> > As for why expansions are not sold in the gemstore, I don't know. Possibly because more revenue is generated this way, possibly because it might completely tank the gem exchange.

> > *Minus gems received from achievement rewards.

>

> Most likely because they receive more revenue.

>

>

I think the part left off the quote may be more relevant, but just because one person's exchange does visibly effect the rate, doesn't mean _multiple_ people doing the same thing won't either.

Also, the exchange isn't just limited to templates. You have to take into account all the other items people are exchanging gold for, as well as all those who want to buy gold through 'official' means.

... And now I have a headache, which probably explains why I slept through college economics ten years ago...

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

the way I understand exchange rates, there's a pool of gems and gold which was set at game launch. The exchange rate is determined by the ratio of total gems versus total gold within said pools. When a player buys gems using gold, that amount of gold is added to its pile, and exchange rates are recalculated. Likewise when somebody buys gold using gems. I strongly doubt the system would remove from the pile of the currency bought, because that would cause a much more sudden discrepancy of exchange rates (not to mention it would lead to insane exchange rates if one of the pools were nearly exhausted).

Because of the size of these pools nowadays, a single player transaction is unlikely to noticeably affect the exchange rate, but we all know this happens during sales when there's massive player demand for gems. These spikes also incentive people who choose to trade gems for gold, so it's ultimately in ANet's financial interest to keep a cyclic economy as these regular spikes generate more income than just a stable exchange rate.

> @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> > > > > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > > > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

> > >

> > > Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

> > >

> >

> > But they do not receive as much revenue as if players would have purchased the gems with money in order to purchase the equipment template slots.

> >

> > Me purchasing 8000 gems with gold in order to purchase equipment build slots is unlikely to change the exchange rate and entice someone to purchase gems to exchange for gold. This is $800 in revenue that Anet loses out on.

>

> >

> Maybe not you individually but all players across both servers will. If enough people buy gems with gold to get build templates, gems will cost more gold; enticing people to buy gems to sell for gold. Its not complicated..

>

>

>

>

If 8000 gems isn’t reflected then how would you expect more purchases to be reflected enough so that Anet isn’t taking a loss in revenues from gold->gem purchases over money->gem purchases? That’s the whole point.

> > > > > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > > > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

> > >

> > > Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

> > >

> >

> > But they do not receive as much revenue as if players would have purchased the gems with money in order to purchase the equipment template slots.

> >

> > Me purchasing 8000 gems with gold in order to purchase equipment build slots is unlikely to change the exchange rate and entice someone to purchase gems to exchange for gold. This is $800 in revenue that Anet loses out on.

> >

> > > As for why expansions are not sold in the gemstore, I don't know. Possibly because more revenue is generated this way, possibly because it might completely tank the gem exchange.

> > > *Minus gems received from achievement rewards.

> >

> > Most likely because they receive more revenue.

> >

> >

>

> I think the part left off the quote may be more relevant, but just because one person's exchange does visibly effect the rate, doesn't mean _multiple_ people doing the same thing won't either.

>

> Also, the exchange isn't just limited to templates. You have to take into account all the other items people are exchanging gold for, as well as all those who want to buy gold through 'official' means.

>

> ... And now I have a headache, which probably explains why I slept through college economics ten years ago...

Oh. Looks like I did accidentally delete something from your post as I was edited my response.

What I said to the person above goes for this as well. If you feel that Anet will be equally compensated from X amount of players converting Y amount of gold to gems as if they had purchased that same amount of gems with money then by all means provide your evidence.

Or have Astralporing do it as they made the original claim.

What will likely happen is that you won’t be able to. You don’t know how much the player base converting something like 100,000,000 gems would affect the conversion rates nor whether it would be enough to entice players to convert gems to gold as well as whether that would be enough to make up for the missed revenue from gold to gem transactions.

There’s evidence available suggesting that Anet does not make as much money off items that were purchased with gems bought with gold over real world currency. This was suggested with why the expansions were not available in the gem store and some posts about high priced gem items. There’s also the average conversion rates increasing suggesting that more players are converting gold to gems over the long run than the other way around.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > > > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > > > > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

> > > >

> > >

> > > But they do not receive as much revenue as if players would have purchased the gems with money in order to purchase the equipment template slots.

> > >

> > > Me purchasing 8000 gems with gold in order to purchase equipment build slots is unlikely to change the exchange rate and entice someone to purchase gems to exchange for gold. This is $800 in revenue that Anet loses out on.

> >

> > >

> > Maybe not you individually but all players across both servers will. If enough people buy gems with gold to get build templates, gems will cost more gold; enticing people to buy gems to sell for gold. Its not complicated..

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> If 8000 gems isn’t reflected then how would you expect more purchases to be reflected enough so that Anet isn’t taking a loss in revenues from gold->gem purchases over money->gem purchases? That’s the whole point.

>

> > > > > > > > @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > > > > > > > Either way, buying gems with gold doesn't deny ArenaNet any money and buying templates with either gold-to-gems or gems is a recorded transaction. If there are enough transactions regarding a particular product, it's reasonable for a business to assume the product is 'successful.'

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It does deny them money as they don’t receive any from that transaction.

> > > > > > They don't receive any from that transaction anyway. The purchase price is in _gems_, not real cash or gold. They receive money from players buying gems for real cash, which _does_ happen in this case. The difference lies only in which person does the buying.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So then you agree that they don’t receive any revenue through gold->gem transactions.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, the specific gold->gems transaction doesn't generate revenue, but the exchange system as a whole does. The system started with a pool of gems and a pool of gold at launch. Since then, all* gems entering the exchange have been bought with real money. That is why the gold->gem transaction doesn't deny them revenue.

> > > >

> > >

> > > But they do not receive as much revenue as if players would have purchased the gems with money in order to purchase the equipment template slots.

> > >

> > > Me purchasing 8000 gems with gold in order to purchase equipment build slots is unlikely to change the exchange rate and entice someone to purchase gems to exchange for gold. This is $800 in revenue that Anet loses out on.

> > >

> > > > As for why expansions are not sold in the gemstore, I don't know. Possibly because more revenue is generated this way, possibly because it might completely tank the gem exchange.

> > > > *Minus gems received from achievement rewards.

> > >

> > > Most likely because they receive more revenue.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I think the part left off the quote may be more relevant, but just because one person's exchange does visibly effect the rate, doesn't mean _multiple_ people doing the same thing won't either.

> >

> > Also, the exchange isn't just limited to templates. You have to take into account all the other items people are exchanging gold for, as well as all those who want to buy gold through 'official' means.

> >

> > ... And now I have a headache, which probably explains why I slept through college economics ten years ago...

>

> Oh. Looks like I did accidentally delete something from your post as I was edited my response.

>

> What I said to the person above goes for this as well. If you feel that Anet will be equally compensated from X amount of players converting Y amount of gold to gems as if they had purchased that same amount of gems with money then by all means provide your evidence.

>

> Or have Astralporing do it as they made the original claim.

>

But I'm having fun debating! ;)

Now, to be clear: My position is that the exchange does not deny them revenue, period. They still make money whether gemstore items (templates) are purchased with gems from either money or gold. That they might earn less revenue is entirely possible.

Further, neither of us (A correct assumption?) knows exactly how the exchange rate works beyond the basic provided by the wiki. It's possible the system has a time lapse before it updates the rate, it might adjust based on the totals of both gems and gold and not just the ratio, etc.

All that being said, I'm interested to see if math can support my view. However, it'll take a while (Math! O.o) and I'm currently at work. Apologies for the likely delay.