Allow us to end Berserk manually

ProverbsofHell.2307

Agree, I would also suggest removing berserk duration increases from rage skills and instead they would again provide reasonable amount of adrenaline on use/hit.

The 15-20 second duration would be most likely too short for endgame PvE, so add short Berserk duration increases on primal bursts, e.g. 0.5 sec on Decapitate, 2 seconds on Scorched Earth, etc. Exact number on specific primal burst would have to be calculated to avoid too long/short durations. This shouldn't be too strong in PvP/WvW where people actually evade/block attacks. This isn't mean to make berserker much stronger but to have better control over it and be more flexible, instead.

> @"Rettan.9603" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > And many agree Berserker feels bad to play atm.

> >

>

> Numbers plz? When you say many...

> Berserker is fine as it is.

Berserker is legitimately worse off in terms of how it plays than it used to be **before** the rework. It lacks flow, cohesion with itself and other traitlines and its gameplay consists of one trick pony gimmicks like Arc Divider and Gunflame.

They did **too much** to it. All people wanted was for Berserk Mode to proc adrenaline traits when its used...they did that, but then they did a bunch of other things that were unnecessary and turned it into even more of a meme spec than it already was (primarily gunflame).

All I want is that they change the mechanic. Go Berserk at full adrenaline, stay in berserk as long as you can continue to keep using Bursts/don't run out of adrenaline. One of these would be wonderful.

That said, why would you ever NOT be in your strongest state?

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> All I want is that they change the mechanic. Go Berserk at full adrenaline, stay in berserk as long as you can continue to keep using Bursts/don't run out of adrenaline. One of these would be wonderful.

>

> That said, why would you ever NOT be in your strongest state?

Because it gives you -300 Toughness

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> When you're berserk, you are out of control so I don't think that you should be able to choose to end it. Just my opinion.

If we are going thematic, berserk mode should end as soon as one goes out of combat, it's the same principle as adrenaline loss.

however, that would probably be pure evil in competitive modes when one can disengage to force a. wasted berserk (even if going ooc would end it without setting it on cooldown). :o

> @"knite.1542" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > All I want is that they change the mechanic. Go Berserk at full adrenaline, stay in berserk as long as you can continue to keep using Bursts/don't run out of adrenaline. One of these would be wonderful.

> >

> > That said, why would you ever NOT be in your strongest state?

>

> Because it gives you -300 Toughness

doesn't matter. you aren't playing berserker to tank, ya here to do damage. it also gives you offensive stats to compensate for the loss in toughness, resulting is much higher damage.

maybe this is a PvE problem, but I can say for sure as a long time warrior and berserker main (no PoF btw), I would never want to leave zerk mode in SPvP- and actually really like the current state of berserker there

always had fun charging up metre, then going as ham as I can. very thematic, very satisfying

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > @"knite.1542" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > All I want is that they change the mechanic. Go Berserk at full adrenaline, stay in berserk as long as you can continue to keep using Bursts/don't run out of adrenaline. One of these would be wonderful.

> > >

> > > That said, why would you ever NOT be in your strongest state?

> >

> > Because it gives you -300 Toughness

>

> doesn't matter. you aren't playing berserker to tank, ya here to do damage. it also gives you offensive stats to compensate for the loss in toughness, resulting is much higher damage.

>

> maybe this is a PvE problem, but I can say for sure as a long time warrior and berserker main (no PoF btw), I would never want to leave zerk mode in SPvP- and actually really like the current state of berserker there

>

> always had fun charging up metre, then going as ham as I can. very thematic, very satisfying

Sometimes you can’t burst or engage safely whilst in Berserk, especially now due to longer CDs. Perhaps you went for a burst but for whatever reason it failed. Times like this when you’re kiting away from a fight to reset CDs is a time you would want to end Berserk sooner rather than later.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > @"knite.1542" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > All I want is that they change the mechanic. Go Berserk at full adrenaline, stay in berserk as long as you can continue to keep using Bursts/don't run out of adrenaline. One of these would be wonderful.

> > > >

> > > > That said, why would you ever NOT be in your strongest state?

> > >

> > > Because it gives you -300 Toughness

> >

> > doesn't matter. you aren't playing berserker to tank, ya here to do damage. it also gives you offensive stats to compensate for the loss in toughness, resulting is much higher damage.

> >

> > maybe this is a PvE problem, but I can say for sure as a long time warrior and berserker main (no PoF btw), I would never want to leave zerk mode in SPvP- and actually really like the current state of berserker there

> >

> > always had fun charging up metre, then going as ham as I can. very thematic, very satisfying

>

> Sometimes you can’t burst or engage safely whilst in Berserk, especially now due to longer CDs. Perhaps you went for a burst but for whatever reason it failed. Times like this when you’re kiting away from a fight to reset CDs is a time you would want to end Berserk sooner rather than later.

weapon swap and burst again. no cd shared on weapon swap, and honestly cd on burst with discipline is not that high at all (it's a little over 3sec).

if you're running away w berserk, you will have cd back for the next rotation. still, you shouldn't be running with berserk- it's for engaging. if you have to run and lose uptime then, it's punishment for your or your team's missplay. seems fine to me

I've had many fights that fell apart while I was in berserk mode, and I have had to rotate out with greatsword. i was fine. berserk is only a 11sec cd, it's not that long until you can pop it again.

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > @"choovanski.5462" said:

> > > > @"knite.1542" said:

> > > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > All I want is that they change the mechanic. Go Berserk at full adrenaline, stay in berserk as long as you can continue to keep using Bursts/don't run out of adrenaline. One of these would be wonderful.

> > > > >

> > > > > That said, why would you ever NOT be in your strongest state?

> > > >

> > > > Because it gives you -300 Toughness

> > >

> > > doesn't matter. you aren't playing berserker to tank, ya here to do damage. it also gives you offensive stats to compensate for the loss in toughness, resulting is much higher damage.

> > >

> > > maybe this is a PvE problem, but I can say for sure as a long time warrior and berserker main (no PoF btw), I would never want to leave zerk mode in SPvP- and actually really like the current state of berserker there

> > >

> > > always had fun charging up metre, then going as ham as I can. very thematic, very satisfying

> >

> > Sometimes you can’t burst or engage safely whilst in Berserk, especially now due to longer CDs. Perhaps you went for a burst but for whatever reason it failed. Times like this when you’re kiting away from a fight to reset CDs is a time you would want to end Berserk sooner rather than later.

>

> weapon swap and burst again. no cd shared on weapon swap, and honestly cd on burst with discipline is not that high at all (it's a little over 3sec).

>

> if you're running away w berserk, you will have cd back for the next rotation. still, you shouldn't be running with berserk- it's for engaging. if you have to run and lose uptime then, it's punishment for your or your team's missplay. seems fine to me

>

> I've had many fights that fell apart while I was in berserk mode, and I have had to rotate out with greatsword. i was fine. berserk is only a 11sec cd, it's not that long until you can pop it again.

Well I easily reach Plat rank on Berserker in any given season, so while I appreciate the thought tips aren't needed :P

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > Why would you want to do that? Honestly the request is dumb. It's a literal request to do less damage.

>

> Its more of having the ability to end it once it is no longer needed so that the CD can start sooner. That way you are fresh for the next opponent and can do MORE damage then.

I like how they called me dumb and went on to say "?? me berserk me more dmg ???" - yeah so it's not always ideal, sometimes the enemy is dead and you're moving to a point and by the time you arrive Berserk is going on CD, whereas if ended early you'd have a Berserk that's 6-7 seconds away from being usable again.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"Aridon.8362" said:

> > > Why would you want to do that? Honestly the request is dumb. It's a literal request to do less damage.

> >

> > Its more of having the ability to end it once it is no longer needed so that the CD can start sooner. That way you are fresh for the next opponent and can do MORE damage then.

>

> I like how they called me dumb and went on to say "?? me berserk me more dmg ???" - yeah so it's not always ideal, sometimes the enemy is dead and you're moving to a point and by the time you arrive Berserk is going on CD, whereas if ended early you'd have a Berserk that's 6-7 seconds away from being usable again.

Or killing another roamer only to be stuck in BMode that runs out just as another potential bag walks up.