Farming kralkatite ore - can this be made easier/quicker?

After Istan was released and I had already played quit a bit in the zone, I never knew about the Meteorites until after I had read about them on the wiki. The event of a Meteorite dropping is very unnoticable I must say.

Maybe if they would do something like when the Map resets in Dragons Stand, that people would notice it. :) But that would probably become a bit annoying. Just a pop up notice in the middle of your screen would be enough. (plus location)

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> > > @"Hesione.9412" said:

> > > At the times I am playing, there are very few people trying to farm these meteorites. The mobs that spawn with the meteorite, in addition to the mobs that are already there (veteran awakened, in particular), mean that a rather large proportion of meteorite mining time is spent getting to the meteorite and then dealing with the mobs.

> >

> > That should not be the case, takes less than 90sec to mine all the hidden nodes, and the meteorite stays up for 5min; people would be spending the first 3min waiting for the site to be fully marked while clearing out the mobs, if takes over 3min to clear the mobs then you probably need to assess your build or switch to another class that can clear mobs very fast like a DH

>

> That assumes I am spending every minute in that map watching the screen. There have been times when I hadn't noticed a meteorite soon enough so it disappears about the time I get there.

>

> Nowhere have I said that it takes over 3 minutes to clear mobs.

>

> And I haven't counted the time for search/pull up node/extract from node x4 time.

>

>

there's a minimum 10min downtime after an impact site has disappeared, i would often go do other things, and every hour I would go chop some wood at Malchor

most of the time i would park on griffon on top of the telescope, turn my camera so Scholar Fatima just show up within viewport; she will say something along the line of "did you just see that meteorite flew passed?" as a speech bubble on screen; you would also see in the chat log if you have NPC chat on.

and load up youtube and watch it while GW2 running in windowed mode so i can still see Scholar Fatima.

if the 10minutes had passed and I was unsure if I missed Fatima's speech, I would equipe the multitool, while mounted and use Locate Impact Site to verify if it had landed or not

there could be up to 6 nodes per impact site, i usually stop waiting for the site to be fully marked and start mining when there's 2 minutes left (by check the timestamp of Fatima's speech in the chat log)

if you are running through multiple toons for hearts, it's a better use of time compared to me, I'm too lazy to do it through multiple toons

The point remains that the meteorites are a terrible implementation for people to gather materials. Yes there are other ways; the special set-up for this map appears to be designed for players to primarily access the ore via meteorites. Given that I have struck a chord with some other players on how horrible the meteorite system is, increasing the ability to obtain the ore via other methods would be appreciated. Three hearts at 25 ore each is 75 ore/day/character. Taking 7 alts through those hearts every day is about the amount of ore needed to make one weapon.

I'm converting ice to ore. I have that coming in hand-over-fist. While the conversion rate is horrible, as with any conversion, it's much faster than trying to get the ore in other ways. When the best way to obtain the map currency/material is indirectly via hearts or mat conversions from other maps, the direct method for gaining the map currency is broken.

> @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> This is the consequence of having Living World with poor replayability. Unfortunately its unlikely they will make any changes to old maps and currencies. Even when everyone was farming ore, it was a long tedious grind.

Actually the map had great replayability but then they stopped the Istan farm so that you can only open a limited amount of chests per day, which in itself cut down on the total amount of ore you are able to farm. With no popular meta drawing people to the map it made trying for the collections pretty awful. Admittedly this also stopped making people richer to get the good things and so here we are today.

> @"Head Kracker.4790" said:

> > @"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:

> > This is the consequence of having Living World with poor replayability. Unfortunately its unlikely they will make any changes to old maps and currencies. Even when everyone was farming ore, it was a long tedious grind.

>

> Actually the map had great replayability but then they stopped the Istan farm so that you can only open a limited amount of chests per day, which in itself cut down on the total amount of ore you are able to farm. With no popular meta drawing people to the map it made trying for the collections pretty awful. Admittedly this also stopped making people richer to get the good things and so here we are today.

Damn I miss those Istan farm days. It doesn't even make people rich but it forms communities. People who keep coming back, chat and etc. It's what makes MMORPG so special. Of course they have to destroy every farms out there.

• 11 months later...

Another year and still broken

I don't mind farming the Kralkatite ore but the Powdered Rose Quartz is mind numbingly boring. I'm averaging between 10 to 20 Quartz per meteor because more often than not I'm the only one that turns up. At 3 meteors an hour, at maximum(20 Quartz) I can make 1 weapon every 8 and a half hour , at that rate I just as well join the army of AFK farmers.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> You know you can buy rose quartz from tp, right?

Several people have suggested buying it on TP but It works out about 10g per weapon (see join the army of AFK farmers) and secondly isn't that just proving that its broken.

I actually enjoy farming but needing just under 150 hours to gain **one** of the materials needed to make a full set of Astral weapons is sucking the fun out of the game for me.

I watched several how to's on Rose Quartz farming and with it fully powered they were averaging 40 Powdered Rose Quartz and 4 Rose Quartz per meteor.

So can't we just have it fully powered with one Impact Site Marker instead of needing four other people that are not going to turn up?

I'm not asking for anything extra, just by dropping the 5x power up, we can have the same advantage as those that could access the S4 maps had, when we had to sit them out, until they fixed the server lag.

> @"MattDu.7123" said:

> Another year and still broken

> I don't mind farming the Kralkatite ore but the Powdered Rose Quartz is mind numbingly boring. I'm averaging between 10 to 20 Quartz per meteor because more often than not I'm the only one that turns up. At 3 meteors an hour, at maximum(20 Quartz) I can make 1 weapon every 8 and a half hour , at that rate I just as well join the army of AFK farmers.

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > You know you can buy rose quartz from tp, right?

>

> Several people have suggested buying it on TP but It works out about 10g per weapon (see join the army of AFK farmers) and secondly isn't that just proving that its broken.

> I actually enjoy farming but needing just under 150 hours to gain **one** of the materials needed to make a full set of Astral weapons is sucking the fun out of the game for me.

>

> I watched several how to's on Rose Quartz farming and with it fully powered they were averaging 40 Powdered Rose Quartz and 4 Rose Quartz per meteor.

> So can't we just have it fully powered with one Impact Site Marker instead of needing four other people that are not going to turn up?

> I'm not asking for anything extra, just by dropping the 5x power up, we can have the same advantage as those that could access the S4 maps had, when we had to sit them out, until they fixed the server lag.

And get rid of the adds. If you're solo, you've also got to deal with the normal mobs in the area. Yes gathering is tedious on all maps. However, this is the one map where gathering using alts doesn't give an advantage - it's the same rate of meteors, and the max number of meteorite sites you can mine is account-bound not character bound.