About Conjure Earth Shield

Weavers all over are taking this skill now and after seeing it in play, I think it could use some changes. The two most problematic skills on this conjure are the 4 skill, which is an unblockable, near-animationless pull with a 600 radius (which is the radius of pre-range nerf Holographic Shockwave), and the 5 skill, which is a 3 second invuln with a 30 second cooldown. This is 20 seconds lower than Obsidian Flesh and, because conjures appear on the ground as well as in the hand, they are perfectly capable of picking it up again right before the one in-hand is about to expire to gain access to it AGAIN after that 30 second cooldown is over with. A lesser oppressive thing in this kit is the 3 skill, which is a 2-second long daze on a 12 second cooldown. This is lower than Comet, the water focus skill that is a 2-second daze with a 25 second cooldown.

This conjure needs some looking at. Maybe give conjures the pet bundle treatment (where if a pet forages an item like plasma, feathers, etc. the enemy players are capable of picking it up.)

> @"ActuallyAMage.1863" said:

> Weavers all over are taking this skill now and after seeing it in play, I think it could use some changes. The two most problematic skills on this conjure are the 4 skill, which is an unblockable, near-animationless pull with a 600 radius (which is the radius of pre-range nerf Holographic Shockwave), and the 5 skill, which is a 3 second invuln with a 30 second cooldown. This is 20 seconds lower than Obsidian Flesh and, because conjures appear on the ground as well as in the hand, they are perfectly capable of picking it up again right before the one in-hand is about to expire to gain access to it AGAIN after that 30 second cooldown is over with. A lesser oppressive thing in this kit is the 3 skill, which is a 2-second long daze on a 12 second cooldown. This is lower than Comet, the water focus skill that is a 2-second daze with a 25 second cooldown.

>

> This conjure needs some looking at. Maybe give conjures the pet bundle treatment (where if a pet forages an item like plasma, feathers, etc. the enemy players are capable of picking it up.)

Just when you think it can't get any lower than humanly possible........I am done with MMOs , I have seen everything now.....

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"ActuallyAMage.1863" said:

> > Weavers all over are taking this skill now and after seeing it in play, I think it could use some changes. The two most problematic skills on this conjure are the 4 skill, which is an unblockable, near-animationless pull with a 600 radius (which is the radius of pre-range nerf Holographic Shockwave), and the 5 skill, which is a 3 second invuln with a 30 second cooldown. This is 20 seconds lower than Obsidian Flesh and, because conjures appear on the ground as well as in the hand, they are perfectly capable of picking it up again right before the one in-hand is about to expire to gain access to it AGAIN after that 30 second cooldown is over with. A lesser oppressive thing in this kit is the 3 skill, which is a 2-second long daze on a 12 second cooldown. This is lower than Comet, the water focus skill that is a 2-second daze with a 25 second cooldown.

> >

> > This conjure needs some looking at. Maybe give conjures the pet bundle treatment (where if a pet forages an item like plasma, feathers, etc. the enemy players are capable of picking it up.)

>

> Just when you think it can't get any lower than humanly possible........I am done with MMOs , I have seen everything now.....

We should've deleted our eles 2 weeks ago :D

Its a fun kit, I used to play it all the time with marauder lightning rod build pre-nerf last year and year before.

But no, if you actually use it decent amount of time you'll know counting CD on that weapon kit is meaningless. Most eles use skill 3 to 5 once then chuck it as you won't generate any meaningful pressure...and that's even with lightning rod.

Magnet shield also take a good one second charging/hugging animation before it pulls its opponents, so if you are familiarize with the skill (as you should by 2020 or will be in the next few weeks), you shouldn't be pull at all.

The shield simply doesn't do any damage/pressure, and is more utilized in small scale/2v2 where you're there to soak damage and support dps. The resurgence in popularity is more likely due to current meta having sustain/heal outweigh damage post nerf, hence weaver/tempest can utilize the shield to buy enough time for rest of CD to recycle.

Just when conjures begin to get popular, there's a nerf thread about it. Sry, but this is a ltp issue. People just haven't seen the weapon in a while. But soon enough, counters will pop out of the woodwork. Just like they did with tornado.

You can't do anything while invuln. And since obsidian flesh got nerfed, it's good eles have a better invuln option. The pull takes over a sec to activate. Shield two only blocks one attack. It's pretty balanced the way it is.

It takes nearly a second to get the weapon anyway. Heavy pressure and you'll never see the ele use it cause he can't channel the skill for use.

EDIT: Isn't the pull 400 range instead of 600? At least that's what build editor says... Nvm, it's 600

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> the only thing ppl are allowed to discuss in terms of nerfs are fotm builds, according to the forums.

The forums should be mostly a place where people go to ask suggestions and tips on how to deal with certain opponents or share builds and strategies, occasionally present a thread about an overperforming build or class **at least this was the general atmosphere in the unofficial GW1 forum years ago** but these days......

Everything is up for grab to be nerfed simply because somebody mention it , it's like...I buy and install the game today while never played a MMO in my life...the next day I make a thread asking to nerf that and that ..that's GW2 official forum in a nutshell.

Maybe I should make a thread asking to nerf banner of defense....

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > the only thing ppl are allowed to discuss in terms of nerfs are fotm builds, according to the forums.

>

> The forums should be mostly a place where people go to ask suggestions and tips on how to deal with certain opponents or share builds and strategies, occasionally present a thread about an overperforming build or class **at least this was the general atmosphere in the unofficial GW1 forum years ago** but these days......

>

> Everything is up for grab to be nerfed simply because somebody mention it , it's like...I buy and install the game today while never played a MMO in my life...the next day I make a thread asking to nerf that and that ..that's GW2 official forum in a nutshell.

>

> Maybe I should make a thread asking to nerf banner of defense....

imo when someone makes a thread about something that is clearly not op they are asking for suggestions and tips. on the other hand you could also over react and call people noobs in so many words.

> @"Kuma.1503" said:

>People seem incapable of seeing the value in things unless it becomes Fotm.

well, builds only become popular here after some streamer runs them. what do you expect dude

ya down with the sheep

on conjures tho, glad to see them seeing actual play for once in PvP. they have fun mechanics and decent tactical depth. as a warrior main, m definitely in support of these ele's

I've seen the Magnetic Shield weaver a few times and it does seem strong. I'm not sure where it's the shield's fault or some combination of other things. For example, weaver still has a lot of evades and when coupled with high CC can make it frustrating to fight.

Shocking Aura (especially with aura share) and Lightning Rod also need looked into further.

Yeah, it's used only on the Lightning Rod Sw/F build. Another problem with Conjure Earth Shield is the 2 skill and 4 skill having virtually the same animation apart from a couple of pebble particles that fall out of the elementalist when using 4. If you're kiting away from an ele, chances are you probably aren't going to process that miniscule difference between the two animations, especially if you aren't looking at them the whole time.

But I guess my biggest qualm with the conjure is the fact that it's an unblockable CC with such a large radius.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > the only thing ppl are allowed to discuss in terms of nerfs are fotm builds, according to the forums.

> >

> > The forums should be mostly a place where people go to ask suggestions and tips on how to deal with certain opponents or share builds and strategies, occasionally present a thread about an overperforming build or class **at least this was the general atmosphere in the unofficial GW1 forum years ago** but these days......

> >

> > Everything is up for grab to be nerfed simply because somebody mention it , it's like...I buy and install the game today while never played a MMO in my life...the next day I make a thread asking to nerf that and that ..that's GW2 official forum in a nutshell.

> >

> > Maybe I should make a thread asking to nerf banner of defense....

>

> imo when someone makes a thread about something that is clearly not op they are asking for suggestions and tips. on the other hand you could also over react and call people noobs in so many words.

Anybody who lose to an ele in gw2 is ...lol, you must be massively outplayed like 100 to 1 and in that case you're facing an opponent who would beat you on virtually anything....basically it takes the 1% of whole ele playerbase to beat the average joe on other professions

> @"Sunshine.5014" said:

> I also think this should be nerfed.

> - The CC shouldn't have Unlockable

> - The invulnerability should have its cool down increased.

>

> It's an outlier, and we should recognize it such.

Exactly. Just because Ele has been in a bad spot for awhile doesn't mean it's immune to cutting down things that are bloated.

Earth shield is pretty good on Tempest. Fun build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEgEWWAbktx8YoYZfp12A-zZJ8MyUB0tEwjDA

Like also important on shield is the barrier generation on 2 and 4.

and dont forget the Magnetic aura on 3

shield with overloads are pretty strong compination.

But dont say its overpowerd. Conjured Weapons are still totally clunky. Cast time much too long. Easy interrupted....

You cant just switch into it if you are pressured.

Only does damge with LR.

There were always better options. Now in duo its quite fun cause you can also give it to your Partner and have really good cc to finish off TankSetups.

Visual on 4 (Pull) could be good.

-> Unblokable? Lemme have some Fun on an ele build out of boring and OP fire weaver

If you want again only dodging weavers who can easy 2v1 with passive Burn application. ok...

Btw good Burst comp with it. Cast EarthS. - Overload Air - 4 - 3 - drop shield - AirWarhorn 4 & 5

Build is pretty good in duo in compination with Reaper

@"LazySummer.2568" There's a difference between RANGE and RADIUS. Static Field might be 1,200 RANGE, but it has a 180 radius (which is very small) and you can easily outplay it with an about-face or juking off in another direction. CES 4 meanwhile can hit you through walls and pull you off of ledges because it suffers from the same having-too-much-range-for-an-aoe-cc problem that holoforge 5 had in the past. The only other thing with unblockable as a tooltop on ele staff is Water 4, Frozen Ground, which is 5 targets. If you're talking about Unsteady Ground though, then that's arguably even easier than Static Field to avoid. It's a line. You can just walk around it or juke it out. With CES 4, you HAVE to dodge it, blind them before it goes off, or have stability on you. And just like old holoforge 5, it can easily unintentionally hit people who you aren't even trying to hit with it. It's a very unfun ability to interact with as someone on the opposing side of it.

@"JorKadeen.3846" It has the same exact cast time as Troll Unguent, Bear Stance, and False Oasis. Those are some of the most used heal skills on Ranger and Mesmer and nobody is saying they have too long of a cast time. Are you talking about Conjure Fiery Greatsword? It's an Elite skill, of course it'd have a longer cast time. But that doesn't stop people from successfully getting off Prime Light Beam, Strength of The Pack, and Lich Form. Most players don't have the reaction time to purposefully interrupt those kinds of skills when they're being used. One second is still a really short time. Plus, there are plenty of ways one can cover such a cast time, like going around objects to LoS, popping stability, or creating distance with movement skill (if they're going against a melee) before casting them. Even necro can do that if they prep for it by casting Spectral Walk beforehand or teleporting back to a Flesh Wurm that they have sitting somewhere.