> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > Tbh in my last 10rounds or so where i played pvp, ive seen some mesmers.

> > > > > > > > yes they dont have their tons of sustain from their 2. dodge, but they are still an killing machine.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just like they should be. Good supporters, very high damage but low(well lets say more than mediocre) sustain

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > supporters? what supporters? moral support? we cheerleaders now or wat?

> > > > > > > have i missed some supporting buffs?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > support for many things ofc ^^ Like boons, invis ,save stomps etc

> > > > > Ye, mesmer became firebrand and sucked up thief smoke blasting in the process.

> > > > > > its still strong. There is only the typical "i cant win, buff my class" scenario.

> > > > > With such dumb logic we can delete 90% of class mechanics and add there 10 minutes cooldown(continuumsplitlol) and be like "dont whine because its harder to play now, its just no more easy facerolling and still strong (against terribad players), if you would complain then its another I CANT WIN BUFF ME".

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > well it is like it is. Its still very strong, if not **one of the strongest classes**. **And still people complain cuz they cant play without an second burst-immunity-clonebuff**

> > > You should uninstall and free us from the "wisdom" you spitting here, dying to mirage should autouninstall your game.

> >

> > im just gonna leave [that](

) here.

> > If u cant play mirage, u are just unable to think, read and adapt.

> >

> > watch that, go back to mirage and stop whining in the forums for being lazy

>

> Odik is one of the best mesmers out there, just saying.

idc never heard of him/her

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

) here.

> >

>

> You can play a similar but better build with core mesmer, which already has 2 dodges :tongue:

>

> If you want real mesmer gameplay, go watch [this guy](

).

just saying mirage isnt as bad as people think it is ^^

and to others. Mirage is still strong. Maybe even stronger than all other power classes. But why is it not in is place anymore? Its facing an conditio-tank meta.

All power classes are about 50% worse than before.

They have to spend 3 stats (berzerk) to reach the damage an person with just condition damage has. + condi dmg ignores toughness & dmg reductions.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> Mirage is still strong. Maybe even stronger than all other power classes.

If you define any build without condition damage stat to be a power build:

* Spellbreaker

* Core guardian, dragonhunter and firebrand

* Power Herald

* Ranger and soulbeast

* Any power thief

* Holosmith

* LR Tempest, LR Weaver (the latter is debatable)

* Core necro (yes, even it "wastes" two stats for power)

is better than power mirage, and this is not even counting "there is a small chance of objection" builds like power scrapper etc. Also, yes, I just counted you all the classes starting from top left.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > im just gonna leave [that](

) here.

> > > If u cant play mirage, u are just unable to think, read and adapt.

> > >

> > > watch that, go back to mirage and stop whining in the forums for being lazy

> >

> > You can play a similar but better build with core mesmer, which already has 2 dodges :tongue:

> >

> > If you want real mesmer gameplay, go watch [this guy](

).

>

> just saying mirage isnt as bad as people think it is ^^

>

> and to others. Mirage is still strong. Maybe even stronger than all other power classes. But why is it not in is place anymore? Its facing an conditio-tank meta.

> All power classes are about 50% worse than before.

>

> They have to spend 3 stats (berzerk) to reach the damage an person with just condition damage has. + condi dmg ignores toughness & dmg reductions.

>

>

I mean a case can be made for mirage not being terrible but to say it's stronger than all other power classes is...something I'll give you that.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > I watched for couple of minutes but gave up.

> > > you have absolutely 0 impact. your autos hit for 1k when they land a good hit, after 30s of free casting you cant even take 25% hp from scourge, all the while nobody focuses you.

> > > You catch deadeye and he doesnt even lose 1/4 hp from you. absolutely useless.

> > > in most of this clip ranger standing far away holding M1 would have much more impact let alone actually using abilities.

> > > I can not even immagine a class that could do as little as you did in that clip, the most you did was immob and daze with sword.

> >

> > It's not him, it's vallun's video lol

>

> meaningless who is at the helm, whoever did should stop playing mesmer and play a different class becouse this right there should be considered trolling.

Rofl i missed that, first i thought he linked the Jazz video what would have made at least a bit of sense but a Vallun Mesmer video is a meme itself. I just checked it, i haven't seen such bad Power-Semibunkermesmer gameplay in years, fighting with an Inspiration invulnspam Mesmer vs completely bots and thinks that proves anything. This must be just a troll video or Vallun is even more biased and clueless about certain classes/ builds/ skills than i thought.

Also if you want to call out a noobcarry effect on that build he is playing then it clearly comes from Inspiration and not Mirage. And still he would get wrecked by any decent player on whatever other class (maybe except vs condi builds due to Inspiration makes him able to facetank nearly everything, but if he could kill this opponent is a different story) and that not only because he has no clue how to play Mesmer :joy:

I am always wondering where ppl take the ego/ overconfidence from to judge something they clearly have not enough skill for to play themself...

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

) here.

> > >

> > > watch that, go back to mirage and stop whining in the forums for being lazy

> >

> > You can play a similar but better build with core mesmer, which already has 2 dodges :tongue:

> >

> > If you want real mesmer gameplay, go watch [this guy](

).

>

> just saying mirage isnt as bad as people think it is ^^

>

> and to others. Mirage is still strong. Maybe even stronger than all other power classes.

Another example of that.

@"Odik.4587" You should blacken the name of the player when it is not yourself, otherwise it most likely will be deleted from forum.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > Tbh in my last 10rounds or so where i played pvp, ive seen some mesmers.

> > > > > > > yes they dont have their tons of sustain from their 2. dodge, but they are still an killing machine.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just like they should be. Good supporters, very high damage but low(well lets say more than mediocre) sustain

> > > > > >

> > > > > > supporters? what supporters? moral support? we cheerleaders now or wat?

> > > > > > have i missed some supporting buffs?

> > > > >

> > > > > support for many things ofc ^^ Like boons, invis ,save stomps etc

> > > > Ye, mesmer became firebrand and sucked up thief smoke blasting in the process.

> > > > > its still strong. There is only the typical "i cant win, buff my class" scenario.

> > > > With such dumb logic we can delete 90% of class mechanics and add there 10 minutes cooldown(continuumsplitlol) and be like "dont whine because its harder to play now, its just no more easy facerolling and still strong (against terribad players), if you would complain then its another I CANT WIN BUFF ME".

> > > >

> > >

> > > well it is like it is. Its still very strong, if not **one of the strongest classes**. **And still people complain cuz they cant play without an second burst-immunity-clonebuff**

> > You should uninstall and free us from the "wisdom" you spitting here, dying to mirage should autouninstall your game.

>

> im just gonna leave [that](

) here.

> If u cant play mirage, u are just unable to think, read and adapt.

>

> watch that, go back to mirage and stop whining in the forums for being lazy

If Vallun rerolls Mirage next 5v5 season and does well, that will go a lot further to changing minds. Same goes for anyone, yourself included. The proof is in the pudding.

> @"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > > > Tbh in my last 10rounds or so where i played pvp, ive seen some mesmers.

> > > > > > > > yes they dont have their tons of sustain from their 2. dodge, but they are still an killing machine.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just like they should be. Good supporters, very high damage but low(well lets say more than mediocre) sustain

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > supporters? what supporters? moral support? we cheerleaders now or wat?

> > > > > >

> > > > > Ye, mesmer became firebrand and sucked up thief smoke blasting in the process.

> > > > > > its still strong. There is only the typical "i cant win, buff my class" scenario.

> > > > > With such dumb logic we can delete 90% of class mechanics and add there 10 minutes cooldown(continuumsplitlol) and be like "dont whine because its harder to play now, its just no more easy facerolling and still strong (against terribad players), if you would complain then its another I CANT WIN BUFF ME".

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > well it is like it is. Its still very strong, if not **one of the strongest classes**. **And still people complain cuz they cant play without an second burst-immunity-clonebuff**

> > > You should uninstall and free us from the "wisdom" you spitting here, dying to mirage should autouninstall your game.

> >

) here.

> >

>

> If Vallun rerolls Mirage next 5v5 season and does well, that will go a lot further to changing minds. Same goes for anyone, yourself included. The proof is in the pudding.

The last one who tried could not even get into Top 100 EU (what wasn't even plat 3 anymore) while even being carried by PU stealthspam and clearly broken MoP. Last season i saw him in legend here and there playing Engi (EU). That rly says all :joy: (ofc he was just more lucky with teammates this time i guess lol). He would have been gold max on a Powermes build without Chaos or Inspiration and no MoP (no matter if Core or Mirage), i would bet my life on that.

And respectively that i haven't seen any of the ppl in this thread claiming how good Mirage still is in any high ranked game ever, i doubt they ever got out of silver/ gold no matter how way more carried by build on their main class they already are. That is why non of them will ever back up and show some footage how they got carried by broken Powermes. They simply CAN'T and just try to find excuses why they WILL not do it.

> @"Fantasylife.7981" said:

> a lot of classes are bad, mesmer doesnt seem to be a class or any class needs a buff. primarily what needs to be nerf is Necromancer and condition dmg and we should see some more classes start becoming an option.

Another Mesmer player has spoken :joy: Can i get some footage from you or dodge the easy challenge too? Or at least a well thought through explanation based on logic, facts and class knowledge to understand how you came to that opinion?

Now from another baseless claim to facts: All classes are better than Powermirage atm (you would need to misstrait them heavily by avoiding most traitsynergies on purpose to make them equally bad), even Coremesmer builds on power are better. That doesn't mean that a few masochists cannot make it work when they substitute the weakness of the spec on Powerbuilds with being higher skilled than all others and don't care that they need to work a lot harder for the same reward than on other classes though. For those kind of hardmode addicted ppl the bigger problem seems to be that their spec got dumbed down (lower skill ceiling) not only nerfed. Masochists are crazy xD

And Condimirage is probabaly not utterly garbage because as already mentioned the nonsense one dodge change didn't even solve any issue Condimirage has by its roots. Means they just switched from one passive dodge trait (IH with passive condi ambush design is passive offensive and that also post patch) to another one (EM bit less but still mostly passsive just with defensive reward) and use more of toxic retargeting stuff and are now just as annoying to fight and just as braindead and passive spam as before. Even bit more spammy in dodge management to not waste too much endurance reggen. Killing skill ceiling/ tactical deepness/ mechanical complexity on not op power builds and also overnerf them for the sake of NOT EVEN SOLVING the issues of the one op condi playstyle is GG, makes totally sense /s!

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> Buff thief

Buff Necro first pls! Also Ele, FB and Condirev needs more buffs before we can look at tifff. Earth shield should get another shield drop to chain the shield skills a little bit longer for example (we need to reduce shield skill cds ofc, otherwise the buff would be useless) and Shockaura should be shared every 2s for 2s. For Thief meanwhile Swipe should be 300 range but get an undodgeable feature on top of being unblockable i would suggest as first step.

I forgot Ranger, they should finally lift up to their name and get 2500 range on lb and 1500 range on all other weapons, so they don't even need to leave keep to +1 you anywhere on the map with some 2 button pew pew + passive pet dmg.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > > im just gonna leave [that](

) here.

> > > > If u cant play mirage, u are just unable to think, read and adapt.

> > > >

> > > > watch that, go back to mirage and stop whining in the forums for being lazy

> > >

> > > You can play a similar but better build with core mesmer, which already has 2 dodges :tongue:

> > >

> > > If you want real mesmer gameplay, go watch [this guy](

).

> >

> > just saying mirage isnt as bad as people think it is ^^

> >

> > and to others. Mirage is still strong. Maybe even stronger than all other power classes. But why is it not in is place anymore? Its facing an conditio-tank meta.

> > All power classes are about 50% worse than before.

> >

> > They have to spend 3 stats (berzerk) to reach the damage an person with just condition damage has. + condi dmg ignores toughness & dmg reductions.

> >

> >

>

> I mean a case can be made for mirage not being terrible but to say it's stronger than all other power classes is...something I'll give you that.

there is a "maybe". I havent defined that.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

>

> @"Odik.4587" You should blacken the name of the player when it is not yourself, otherwise it most likely will be deleted from forum.

>

That’s what I was trying to point out to him yday. Instead my post got removed for being offensive towards him. Even told the forum mod he missed the irony.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > Tbh in my last 10rounds or so where i played pvp, ive seen some mesmers.

> > > > > > > yes they dont have their tons of sustain from their 2. dodge, but they are still an killing machine.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just like they should be. Good supporters, very high damage but low(well lets say more than mediocre) sustain

> > > > > >

> > > > > > supporters? what supporters? moral support? we cheerleaders now or wat?

> > > > > > have i missed some supporting buffs?

> > > > >

> > > > > support for many things ofc ^^ Like boons, invis ,save stomps etc

> > > > Ye, mesmer became firebrand and sucked up thief smoke blasting in the process.

> > > > > its still strong. There is only the typical "i cant win, buff my class" scenario.

> > > > With such dumb logic we can delete 90% of class mechanics and add there 10 minutes cooldown(continuumsplitlol) and be like "dont whine because its harder to play now, its just no more easy facerolling and still strong (against terribad players), if you would complain then its another I CANT WIN BUFF ME".

> > > >

> > >

> > > well it is like it is. Its still very strong, if not **one of the strongest classes**. **And still people complain cuz they cant play without an second burst-immunity-clonebuff**

> > You should uninstall and free us from the "wisdom" you spitting here, dying to mirage should autouninstall your game.

>

> im just gonna leave [that](

) here.

> If u cant play mirage, u are just unable to think, read and adapt.

>

> watch that, go back to mirage and stop whining in the forums for being lazy

Please upload the video for me to see how you think and adapt?

By @"bravan.3876"

> I forgot Ranger, they should finally lift up to their name and get 2500 range on lb and 1500 range on all other weapons, so they don't even need to leave keep to +1 you anywhere on the map with some 2 button pew pew + passive pet dmg.

I would love to see maul with 1500 range

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> By @"bravan.3876"

> > I forgot Ranger, they should finally lift up to their name and get 2500 range on lb and 1500 range on all other weapons, so they don't even need to leave keep to +1 you anywhere on the map with some 2 button pew pew + passive pet dmg.

>

> I would love to see maul with 1500 range

>

I also suggest that it hits 1500 range 360° around the Ranger, it rly is too hard to hit atm! :joy:

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> All the haters can sugarcoat it as much as they want. But it's an undeniable fact that Mesmer as it is, RIGHT NOW....

> Fails to excel at a single thing compared to other classes. Wasn't that what class identity was all about? Strong against something but weak at other things.

> Mind you I made a completely broken build for WvW, but it's simply unusable in PvP because of food and rune/sigil options.

> ANet will do well to give mesmer some endurance regen that equates to what the WvW food gives us (40% endurance gain, that's all we really need). That and maybe a reballance of Energy sigils to fit the current meta. We don't want them as an auto include, but if you're gonna make them mandatory for certain classes to even work, can we at least have the option of not having to auto include 2 and still do well?

The problem is, when you now add more endurance reggen to a one dodge only bar it gets even more braindead spammy. Means you will even more force the situation where you just dumbed down the spec while not even solving any issue and make it more and more spammy and more and more dumbed down and passive the more endurance reggen you add.

They just should give Mirage 2 dodges back and then adjust ambush dmg down to a balanced lvl. Like lower gs ambush dmg from the Mirage itself (the clones do not rly do much dmg anyway, maybe reduce the might and vulnerability stacks a little bit) and rework Condi ambushes into something more being about effects and not dmg. Like you can make axe ambush stack a balanced amount of condition-dmg-stats for a short duration to force offensive dodges before goind for an axe 3 shatter burst, staff ambush can stack condition duration stat for a short duration, scepter could get a very little and well animated and with decent casttime added immob (1/4s on Mesmers, 1/8s on clones as duration, or just 1/4 on all skills while Mesmers own ambush has a little bit dmg in addition to be stronger than clone ambushes), that would force the Mesmer into offensive dodges to hit a short immob to prepare and secure a scepter 3 hit for example. Another possibility would be chill for scepter. Scepter ambush in general should be reworked to something with less single hits. Make it a one hit skill. For those changes condi clone ambushes ofc lose most of their condistacks (on scepter clones wouldn't do any dmg aside form stacking the effect). So you would need to dodge offensive to prepare a condi "burst" or a hit of bigger and active condiskills like shatters or weaponskills. These are just examples, there are lot of ways to rework condi ambushes and/ or nerf their dmg to a balanced lvl with giving 2 dodges back while keeping Mirage not op compared to the overall nerfed post patch situation.

If you only give 2 dodges back to Mirage into the current situation where most stuff is nerfed too, it would probably be too op (at least on Condimirage, probably also on Power). So you ofc need to compensate the more dodges with nerfs at other places. And reworking amsbushes and nerfing ambush dmg where needed (from either Mesmers own ambush or clone ambushes) should be done in terms of higher skill ceiling and less passive playstyle anyway.

What bother me the most is when few other class have same amount if not more CC uptime than mesmer while not even specing into it (and ofc having much more dps, sustain and so on.). + mesmer was orininaly designed to have a boonclear spec, well it's long tiime now that 3 other class clear boon better.

> @"viquing.8254" said:

> What bother me the most is when few other class have same amount if not more CC uptime than mesmer while not even specing into it (and ofc having much more dps, sustain and so on.). + mesmer was orininaly designed to have a boonclear spec, well it's long tiime now that 3 other class clear boon better.

SPB and thief are the only ones that can do dis to somewhat reliable extent, exp since stab went down so war can CC more often for boon rip along with dagger F buff.

now if only mesmers boon rips werent so hot garbage, cough cough GS 4 and disenchanter. At least the shatter one is good.

> @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >

) here.

> >

> Please upload the video for me to see how you think and adapt?

>

sure im gonna spend time and work into showing ppl how to play

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/5uXK76m.jpg "")

> characterlimit

Wow, bleeding looks ridiculously op. Jokes aside though, that damage is about what an *actually playable* thief build tends to hit on squishy targets. Its still decent, but its far from a oneshot, and as such the build is arguably fair, even if out of combat stealth is still annoying.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > @"ZeteCommander.4937" said:

> > > > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Virdo.1540" said:

> > > > > > > > > Tbh in my last 10rounds or so where i played pvp, ive seen some mesmers.

> > > > > > > > > yes they dont have their tons of sustain from their 2. dodge, but they are still an killing machine.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just like they should be. Good supporters, very high damage but low(well lets say more than mediocre) sustain

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > supporters? what supporters? moral support? we cheerleaders now or wat?

> > > > > > > > have i missed some supporting buffs?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > support for many things ofc ^^ Like boons, invis ,save stomps etc

> > > > > > Ye, mesmer became firebrand and sucked up thief smoke blasting in the process.

> > > > > > > its still strong. There is only the typical "i cant win, buff my class" scenario.

> > > > > > With such dumb logic we can delete 90% of class mechanics and add there 10 minutes cooldown(continuumsplitlol) and be like "dont whine because its harder to play now, its just no more easy facerolling and still strong (against terribad players), if you would complain then its another I CANT WIN BUFF ME".

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > well it is like it is. Its still very strong, if not **one of the strongest classes**. **And still people complain cuz they cant play without an second burst-immunity-clonebuff**

> > > > You should uninstall and free us from the "wisdom" you spitting here, dying to mirage should autouninstall your game.

> > >

) here.

> > >

> > Please upload the video for me to see how you think and adapt?

> >

>

> sure im gonna spend time and work into showing ppl how to play

Ofc not xD Yet no one will be surprised i guess. Always the same excuses and low effort ways of exits for dodging proves and so called easy challenges.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/5uXK76m.jpg "")

> > characterlimit

> >

> Wow, bleeding looks ridiculously op. Jokes aside though, that damage is about what an *actually playable* thief build tends to hit on squishy targets. Its still decent, but its far from a oneshot, and as such the build is arguably fair, even if out of combat stealth is still annoying.

bad joke tbh

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > All the haters can sugarcoat it as much as they want. But it's an undeniable fact that Mesmer as it is, RIGHT NOW....

> > Fails to excel at a single thing compared to other classes. Wasn't that what class identity was all about? Strong against something but weak at other things.

> > Mind you I made a completely broken build for WvW, but it's simply unusable in PvP because of food and rune/sigil options.

> > ANet will do well to give mesmer some endurance regen that equates to what the WvW food gives us (40% endurance gain, that's all we really need). That and maybe a reballance of Energy sigils to fit the current meta. We don't want them as an auto include, but if you're gonna make them mandatory for certain classes to even work, can we at least have the option of not having to auto include 2 and still do well?

>

> The problem is, when you now add more endurance reggen to a one dodge only bar it gets even more braindead spammy. Means you will even more force the situation where you just dumbed down the spec while not even solving any issue and make it more and more spammy and more and more dumbed down and passive the more endurance reggen you add.

> They just should give Mirage 2 dodges back and then adjust ambush dmg down to a balanced lvl. Like lower gs ambush dmg from the Mirage itself (the clones do not rly do much dmg anyway, maybe reduce the might and vulnerability stacks a little bit) and rework Condi ambushes into something more being about effects and not dmg. Like you can make axe ambush stack a balanced amount of condition-dmg-stats for a short duration to force offensive dodges before goind for an axe 3 shatter burst, staff ambush can stack condition duration stat for a short duration, scepter could get a very little and well animated and with decent casttime added immob (1/4s on Mesmers, 1/8s on clones as duration, or just 1/4 on all skills while Mesmers own ambush has a little bit dmg in addition to be stronger than clone ambushes), that would force the Mesmer into offensive dodges to hit a short immob to prepare and secure a scepter 3 hit for example. Another possibility would be chill for scepter. Scepter ambush in general should be reworked to something with less single hits. Make it a one hit skill. For those changes condi clone ambushes ofc lose most of their condistacks (on scepter clones wouldn't do any dmg aside form stacking the effect). So you would need to dodge offensive to prepare a condi "burst" or a hit of bigger and active condiskills like shatters or weaponskills. These are just examples, there are lot of ways to rework condi ambushes and/ or nerf their dmg to a balanced lvl with giving 2 dodges back while keeping Mirage not op compared to the overall nerfed post patch situation.

>

> If you only give 2 dodges back to Mirage into the current situation where most stuff is nerfed too, it would probably be too op (at least on Condimirage, probably also on Power). So you ofc need to compensate the more dodges with nerfs at other places. And reworking amsbushes and nerfing ambush dmg where needed (from either Mesmers own ambush or clone ambushes) should be done in terms of higher skill ceiling and less passive playstyle anyway.

That's just never gonna happen, based on ANet's balancing philosophy of always going forward. The only hope we can have of getting Mesmer some semblance of balance, would be if they take all phants and do smth else with them (make them an attack or smth), take all clone damage out and leave them as visual clutter, make IH baseline minor trait in mirage somewhere. Give the Mesmer all the clone damage and stuff and balance from there. Obv fix our current 1 dodge predicament either via endurance gains a la Daredevil along with a bump on vigor. You just can't balance phants cuz Chronophantasma broken, you can't balance clones cuz ppl are lazy and spam clone ambushes all day everyday. The solution seems pretty clear from where I'm looking at it.

Do you know how happy I'd be if I don't have to rely on stupid pet AI to go on a ledge and hope that its pathing doesn't mess up?