Darkrime Delves may have a hint about the new E-specc

Raknar.4735

If you haven't played the new story mission, don't open the spoiler.

>! While fighting Almorra Soulkeeper, she shows off some possibly future guardian skills. Tripple flame dash? She's also using a **Sword in the offhand**.

Right before HoT something similiar happened, some members were given new weapons, that were later revealed to be the first set of Especcs. (Marjory/Belinda's Sword, Braham/Eir's Bow)

We've also already seen Jhavi wear a shield, even though she's a necromancer. Interestingly, during the fight with Drakkar, she uses a focus.

This could also just be to give named characters a unique side to them. (Rytlock/Pistol, though hidden pistol is also a Charr racial skill)

It looked like mh-sword + shield to me, and the other move just looked like a recolored ele fire dagger 3. I think the rest was just sword 2 and 3, shield 4, and an effect from (I think) mace 3.

There is a weapon animation that I think is new, but it's so niche that I think we can just chalk it up to an NPC's special weapon.

I had noticed that Almorra's skills were clearly guardian-themed, but I'd thought she was using mainhand sword and shield myself. Wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to her model, though, so I might have missed something.

It's possible that her moves might be something they're considering for a future elite spec, but I'm not counting my chickens. They might not even have committed to making an expansion when this encounter was originally designed, so they might just have been looking to make an interesting encounter using general guardian themes of fire, teleporting to the target, and wardings.

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

She's dual-wielding swords. Her skills are:

1. Guardian Sword's #2 teleporting symbol;

2. A variation/ stronger version of Guardian Sword's 3 that seems to shoot projectiles towards all sides instead of in a line;

3. A flaming leap skill similar to Elementalist's dagger, except with blue flames, and which can apparently be cast three times, and/ or makes her leap three times in a triangle-shaped movement.

4. A ward that does not let you get out of it much like Guardian Hammer's #5, except with a different animation.

She would teleport into you with the symbol and use the ward right around the same time, preventing you to escape while taking damage from the symbol below.

Because Anet has made entirely new animations for this, I strongly believe that they were showcasing Guardian's next elite spec. My prediction is that the ward will be Off-Hand Sword #5 and the Flaming Leap will either be OH Sword #4 or an utility/ elite skill with 3 charges/ ammo to spend.

I doubt Anet would go into the trouble of creating and showcasing us a dual-wielding Sword Guardian with new unique animations only for this instance, especially when we know an expansion is coming.

> @"DiogoSilva.7089" said:

> Yeah, I was thinking the same.

>

> She's dual-wielding swords. Her skills are:

> 1. Guardian Sword's #2 teleporting symbol;

> 2. A variation/ stronger version of Guardian Sword's 3 that seems to shoot projectiles towards all sides instead of in a line;

> 3. A flaming leap skill similar to Elementalist's dagger, except with blue flames, and which can apparently be cast three times, and/ or makes her leap three times in a triangle-shaped movement.

> 4. A ward that does not let you get out of it much like Guardian Hammer's #5, except with a different animation.

>

> She would teleport into you with the symbol and use the ward right around the same time, preventing you to escape while taking damage from the symbol below.

>

> Because Anet has made entirely new animations for this, I strongly believe that they were showcasing Guardian's next elite spec. My prediction is that the ward will be Off-Hand Sword #5 and the Flaming Leap will either be OH Sword #4 or an utility/ elite skill with 3 charges/ ammo to spend.

>

> I doubt Anet would go into the trouble of creating and showcasing us a dual-wielding Sword Guardian with new unique animations only for this instance, especially when we know an expansion is coming.

It's not the first time we've seen a boss or even just an NPC which, while clearly a member of a profession that's available to PCs, has skills which are never made available to PCs.

Can't say I'd object to getting access to some of what Almorra was using, but I'm not counting any chickens.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> Just remember, she curbstomped Bangar and it took at least eleven people (a full squad plus Ryland) to take her down.

Strictly speaking, I think it's supposed to be just Ryland, even if it's possibly to take a squad in. That's how it was when I played it. And Ryland is probably not supposed to be as strong as the Commander (even with his "charr-made Sohothin"), so Almorra's strength has probably been calibrated accordingly.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> She starts the fight with shield/sword, but later switches to an offhand sword. I've noticed that when I fought her.

>

> I've found a video where you can quickly check it if you want: [https://youtube.com/watch?v=QUOe2dm-pAM](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOe2dm-pAM)

> At around 20 minutes into the video you can see her dual wielding.

Ah yeah, cool. Does she start taking more damage at that point, too? I guess it would make sense to get an all-in, aggressive spec next, but it still might just be showcasing Almorra's battle fury for the narrative. The next spec needs more than burning rush to feel fresh.

> @"Raknar.4735" said:

> She starts the fight with shield/sword, but later switches to an offhand sword. I've noticed that when I fought her.

>

> I've found a video where you can quickly check it if you want: [https://youtube.com/watch?v=QUOe2dm-pAM](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUOe2dm-pAM)

> At around 20 minutes into the video you can see her dual wielding.

Thanks for the vid!

GS is my favorite weapon in GW2, but if Guard could dual wield swords....oh man, that would be awesome, but Focus 4 + 5 are pretty tough to beat, so ANET has their work cut out for them.

> @"Holy Hallidor.3067" said:

> Logan Thackeray, guardian, wielding two swords:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/94469/off-hand-sword

>

> Just sayin'.

And both are meant for his right hand.

The first already is in his right hand.

The second is sheathed at the left side of his hip, ready to be drawn with his... _other right hand_?

Some is quite wrong there. Last time I saw him, he had only one right hand.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"Holy Hallidor.3067" said:

> > Logan Thackeray, guardian, wielding two swords:

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/94469/off-hand-sword

> >

> > Just sayin'.

>

> And both are meant for his right hand.

> The first already is in his right hand.

> The second is sheathed at the left side of his hip, ready to be drawn with his... _other right hand_?

> Some is quite wrong there. Last time I saw him, he had only one right hand.

You got a point.

> @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> Could be like the Roman gladius, which is worn on the right and drawn with the hand on the same side? Probably not practical with a full-length arming sword, though.

>

> More seriously, the Logan case was probably a glitch.

In retrospect I consider my post as slightly offtopic, I just got hyped by the fact Almorrah wearing two one-hand swords and jumping back and forth, if this is teasing a similar play style for the next guardian specialization that would be very interesting. So I pulled that Logan offhand sword thread out of my memory.