Either nerf theif...

Faux Play.6104

Just finished a match where a thief was on our home before we finished getting out of our gate. When pressured hard it would just fall through the ground and port across the map. I know it is supposed to have high mobility but this is crazy. I'm assuming these are legit thief skills. If that level of movement was not in spec. for a thief, it would be trivially easy to detect and ban using automated means. As long as this game has been out I'm sure they have something to detect and ban people that were hacking the system. I know when the game first came out they had problems with bots porting to all the resource nodes on a map, so that sort of movement hack isn't new.

Yeah I've seen this exact hack done on guards, wars and mirage. It's funny to leave ur gate at start and as u speed there with infiltrator arrow and dash u see a warrior from the other team standing on ur home node before u even get there lol this is among the many common hacks u can just google to download.

Perma swiftness/quickness

Reheal to full at a certain hp percentage

Self rez etc there common if u actually look out for them.

One match our team got a kick out of the opponents guardian that would teleport back to mid as soon as it respawn, did this all match and sent "lol" when asked about it via chat.

Gw2 for its size probobly had the lowest pvp population out of all comparable mmo's so just have fun with it and take nothing serious and ull enjoy the e experience more:)

> @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > Just finished a match where a thief was on our home before we finished getting out of our gate.

> Assuming it was at the beginning of the game, even with the whole tp arsenal, this is not possible. This is purely hacking.

>

>

Not sure how it could be hacking. Surely there is something in a competitive/rated game to detect if people are moving way beyond the capabilities of their class. Nerf theif, and Mesmer just to be sure.

> @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > Just finished a match where a thief was on our home before we finished getting out of our gate.

> > Assuming it was at the beginning of the game, even with the whole tp arsenal, this is not possible. This is purely hacking.

> >

> >

>

> Not sure how it could be hacking. Surely there is something in a competitive/rated game to detect if people are moving way beyond the capabilities of their class. Nerf theif, and Mesmer just to be sure.

Always good to play it safe lol

> > @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > Just finished a match where a thief was on our home before we finished getting out of our gate.

> > Assuming it was at the beginning of the game, even with the whole tp arsenal, this is not possible. This is purely hacking.

> >

> >

>

> Not sure how it could be hacking. Surely there is something in a competitive/rated game to detect if people are moving way beyond the capabilities of their class. Nerf theif, and Mesmer just to be sure.

Now I don t know if you were serious or just trolling.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> A quick google with some pc knowledge and plenty of programs are offered via the net with gw2 hacks a plenty usually for a fee. I just couldn't imagine using hacks in this game of all games lol, not that using hacks in any game is ok, they usually just end up sapping the fun out of the game.

You would think a company that employs professional programmers could counter free programs that have been available since the game came out. I refuse to believe that. The only logical conclusion is we need to nerf thief's mobility.

> @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > > @"Faux Play.6104" said:

> > > > Just finished a match where a thief was on our home before we finished getting out of our gate.

> > > Assuming it was at the beginning of the game, even with the whole tp arsenal, this is not possible. This is purely hacking.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not sure how it could be hacking. Surely there is something in a competitive/rated game to detect if people are moving way beyond the capabilities of their class. Nerf theif, and Mesmer just to be sure.

> Now I don t know if you were serious or just trolling.

>

…. < /sarcasm >

> Not sure how it could be hacking. Surely there is something in a competitive/rated game to detect if people are moving way beyond the capabilities of their class.

A system to detect movement hacks exists, but it's not as simple as you'd think.

First, the logic to detect excessive movement isn't straightforward in a game where you have teleports and stuff like mesmer portal. Even something as simple as the ability to jump makes the logic far more complicated (which is why pets don't jump). If you've ever been annoyed by "no valid path" on teleports, you've experienced a variant of this logic.

There's also the security angle. If you put some rules in place - which need margins due to latency and unforeseen sequences - then a hack creator simply needs to test the limits and set their hacks to only go up to the limit. Further, security policy sometimes sets these limits higher, but monitors on lower limits in order to catch a bunch of hack users at once. If the real limits were in effect always, the hack creator just immediately patched the hack and no one is caught.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > Not sure how it could be hacking. Surely there is something in a competitive/rated game to detect if people are moving way beyond the capabilities of their class.

>

> A system to detect movement hacks exists, but it's not as simple as you'd think.

>

> First, the logic to detect excessive movement isn't straightforward in a game where you have teleports and stuff like mesmer portal. Even something as simple as the ability to jump makes the logic far more complicated (which is why pets don't jump). If you've ever been annoyed by "no valid path" on teleports, you've experienced a variant of this logic.

>

> There's also the security angle. If you put some rules in place - which need margins due to latency and unforeseen sequences - then a hack creator simply needs to test the limits and set their hacks to only go up to the limit. Further, security policy sometimes sets these limits higher, but monitors on lower limits in order to catch a bunch of hack users at once. If the real limits were in effect always, the hack creator just immediately patched the hack and no one is caught.

>

>

If that is the case thief and Mesmer need nerfs. If you can start the match on far of the Capricorn and not trigger something, any skills that could make that level of movement seem valid (even with a 1000ms ping) need a nerf. Also, last time I checked you "rubber band" if you have severe latency. They server appears to force you to not move if you lose connection for a bit.

> Just finished a match where a thief was on our home before we finished getting out of our gate. When pressured hard it would just fall through the ground and port across the map. I know it is supposed to have high mobility but this is crazy. I'm assuming these are legit thief skills. If that level of movement was not in spec. for a thief, it would be trivially easy to detect and ban using automated means. As long as this game has been out I'm sure they have something to detect and ban people that were hacking the system. I know when the game first came out they had problems with bots porting to all the resource nodes on a map, so that sort of movement hack isn't new.

Probably hacking but perhaps he found a way to abuse the shadow portal to place it just in the right time that it wouldn’t reset with the match?

This is how it looks like when someone speedhacks. The program is hard to detect because it imitates a rubberbanding player. People insulted me for speedhacking once when my internet connection failed and I had a ping of 2000 for a few seconds. My movements looked like in the video.

But such programs have limits because (as every multiplayer game hack) they can only manipulate mechanics that are calculated on the client (your computer). Everything that is calculated on the server can't be hacked.

For example skills can't be hacked in GW2 as they are calculated on the server (that's why they can lag).

>

> If that is the case thief and Mesmer need nerfs. If you can start the match on far of the Capricorn and not trigger something, any skills that could make that level of movement seem valid (even with a 1000ms ping) need a nerf. Also, last time I checked you "rubber band" if you have severe latency. They server appears to force you to not move if you lose connection for a bit.

It's not just player abilities that need to be validated; it's also environment, and it likely applies globally (PvE, PvP, WvW). For example, the teleporter on Skyhammer counts as movement. I don't know specifics about how ANet implemented it; I only know it exists because they mentioned during alpha/beta timeframe development that the anti hack would trigger on teleports.

There's also that second part I posted about letting hackers get away with it for a few days, then banning them all.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Yeah I've seen this exact hack done on guards, wars and mirage. It's funny to leave ur gate at start and as u speed there with infiltrator arrow and dash u see a warrior from the other team standing on ur home node before u even get there lol this is among the many common hacks u can just google to download.

> Perma swiftness/quickness

> Reheal to full at a certain hp percentage

> Self rez etc there common if u actually look out for them.

> One match our team got a kick out of the opponents guardian that would teleport back to mid as soon as it respawn, did this all match and sent "lol" when asked about it via chat.

> Gw2 for its size probobly had the lowest pvp population out of all comparable mmo's so just have fun with it and **take nothing serious** and ull enjoy the e experience more:)

**+1**

in other word, the game doesn't take healthy fair competitive seriously

you know Psycoprophet, you and i can agree to this

side note-this is why stealth must be removed in the game and only leaving Mesmer Profession with teleport. Thief hackers and exploiters are making excuses to Thief Bad Design and are getting away with it easily. No wonder why Thief has the most less punishments for hacking and exploits than other Professions who attempts to do the same thing as them

side note 2- i have taken your advice in spending some time 'learning the ropes with my Thief character in WvW and PvP...the experience was sad. The fear from the enemy players was heartbreaking. All the enemies who saw me ran away from me even in zerges... even when i didn't attack them at all. I finally get to experience the trauma of fear by other players through Thief eyes.

Not only that, the enemy players became very anxious when they saw me, it made me feel horrible that they didn't want to fight with them

No one want to be afraid of fighting another Profession knowing well they will die no matter what the outcome is. This is why Thief design need to be seriously addressed because the population does not want to fight them and why they chose to not play the game at all. Resulting in the population drop by leaving the game entirely because of their unhealthy experience when dealing with Thief.

-sorry for long post, it's just my personal experience, i did not enjoy the experience at all and i finally felt what others felt-

(sure its a game but the experience should be competitive and fun and that is why i believe Anet continually fail to understand )

(It's about seeing Thief opponent through Thief eyes that matters, not Thief)