Ha, April 1st Giant cats are awesome!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > You can find their locations in the Wiki.

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gigantic_cat

>

> Yeah, thanks, already figured it out. Wow, how very amusing. :/

>

> P.S. Their heads look normal to me, why are they balloony in the screenshots above?

If you look closer at the screens you can see that the person who took the screenshots has the[ Bobbled!](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bobbled!) buff active

> @"Elden Arnaas.4870" said:

> They finally thought of something that was actually amusing. And it isn't horribly negatively game play impacting, either. But seriously, why did SAB need to be delayed for this, unless there's more to it that just giant cats in view?

because sab is no longer an April's fool joke, but a festival, and as such its date was moved to have better spacing between festivals each year. Or that's how I understand it from what I've read.

> @"Elden Arnaas.4870" said:

> They finally thought of something that was actually amusing. And it isn't horribly negatively game play impacting, either. But seriously, why did SAB need to be delayed for this, unless there's more to it that just giant cats in view?

There is more to it, ...well kinda.

As long as you have the buff, cats of normal size can appear around/near you (and vanish again after some time) everywhere in the open world and if you run up to them and "touch" them you get 5 stacks of might for something like 10 seconds.

They can be hard to spot sometimes though as they have no nameplates over their head (or whatever that thing.)

Just played the "Prisoner of the Dragon" mission in HoT (once more)

At one point

Rytlock Brimstone: If things get ugly, stand near me. i can boost your strenght. -----> gives me up to 2 might stacks which last 4 seconds

meanwhile random cats i encounter in the mission because of the buff you got for april's fool day ----> give me 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds when i get to them

i think Rytlock is definetly doing something wrong there =)

I think it's amusing. :) And probably good that it's an effect you have to activate, so anyone who doesn't want it can easily avoid it.

I'm waiting for one of my friends to get online so I can see her reaction, I think she'll absolutely love it.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Elden Arnaas.4870" said:

> > They finally thought of something that was actually amusing. And it isn't horribly negatively game play impacting, either. But seriously, why did SAB need to be delayed for this, unless there's more to it that just giant cats in view?

>

> because sab is no longer an April's fool joke, but a festival, and as such its date was moved to have better spacing between festivals each year. Or that's how I understand it from what I've read.

I think you're right. But I also think it could be because this year's April Fools joke (and maybe future ones) need a bit of time and investigation, it's not as obvious as a weird effect applied across the whole game, so maybe they want to give players some time to figure out what's happening. Especially since the buff won't work in SAB.

I know in some previous years I've barely left SAB once the festival started, because trying to complete whatever achievements and other goals I wanted to do took up all the time I had to play GW2, so if SAB had started today it's possible I'd largely miss out on the cats.

In case anyone didn't notice yet: there is one in every major city, and they all use different models, but almost all use existing cat models. The one in Rata Sum however is different: it's a new cat model I think (has a little SAB bell on its collar), it's not as gigantic as the others, it floats in the air, and YOU CAN TOUCH IT! Just makes you fall off your mount though.

I wonder if it has some meaning.