tiger single hit 8k

Lighter.5631

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > i don't know what all those Ranger pet nerfs are all about because Ranger Profession damages were severely nerfed. So know,why not alse strip all damages from their pets too?

> > >

> > > It is not like their pets can +1 shot unlike what the Profession would do before. Not forgetting that the Profession can no longer swap pets so lets also Punish their pets as well?

> > >

> > > It is unbelievable that some whose asking to stripp down Ranger Profession pet damages knows absolutely nothing about Ranger Profession lore. Also, including in their lore, their companies grows stronger with the Ranger. The Ranger can synchronize all of their strengths into their pet companion skills as one-Beastmaster

> > >

> > > **Beastmaster**

> > > 'A ranger may choose to focus on increasing the strength of their pet.'

> > >

> > > **Beast Mastery**

> > > 'Beast Mastery is a secondary attribute of rangers.'

> > > - “Beast Mastery increases the damage dealt by your animal companion and its chance to inflict a critical hit. Many Ranger skills, especially those related to making your animal companion stronger, become more effective with higher Beast Mastery"

> > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger

> > >

> > > Lastly, i encourage those who are asking to nerf the Ranger Profession not excluding the Necromancer Profession, to take the time to understand their lore before asking to stripp them out of them.

> > >

> > > -Thank You-

> >

> > People aren't able to track two different things and dodge them, hell most players cant track 1 thing and dodge what they need to. So pets are nuking people who aren't adapting. The pets are super exploitable and people can't learn to play. Unfortunately, in this thread, these are warriors who really have little chance vs core ranger unless they go condi - which hasnt been viable in ages it seems.

> >

> > With recent damage nerfs, pets are back to where they used to be, able to be useful and people hate it.

> >

> > Core ranger still has pet swap.

>

> Hardly makes your case for having AI do on par damage with the Ranger, over short bursts. Esp since pets get lost in the clusterkitten of shiny rings and effects.

So rangers are not allowed a working class mechanic?

Also pets die really fast in that 'clusterkitten of shiny rings and effects' and are less of a problem there than in a 1vs1. Rangers are good duelists and get worse the more players are there.

Shave the buff stacking if you want to nerf pets and leave the core stats alone...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

"jUsT dOdGe F2"

"L2P"

Except this ignores the sustain, dps and CC provided by a ranger with LB/GS ...

And it ignores the actual point of the post - no one is saying there aren't counters (most things have counters), but instead that it is unhealthy for the game irrespective of whether or not it can be countered. Getting hit for 9-10k from one ability is contrary to the entire direction of the recent balance update.

> @"Meteor.3720" said:

> "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> "L2P"

>

> Except this ignores the sustain, dps and CC provided by a ranger with LB/GS ...

> And it ignores the actual point of the post - no one is saying there aren't counters (most things have counters), but instead that it is unhealthy for the game irrespective of whether or not it can be countered. Getting hit for 9-10k from one ability is contrary to the entire direction of the recent balance update.

So we need to nerf thief and holo first, as they can burst for much more damage even from stealth.

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > i don't know what all those Ranger pet nerfs are all about because Ranger Profession damages were severely nerfed. So know,why not alse strip all damages from their pets too?

> > >

> > > It is not like their pets can +1 shot unlike what the Profession would do before. Not forgetting that the Profession can no longer swap pets so lets also Punish their pets as well?

> > >

> > > It is unbelievable that some whose asking to stripp down Ranger Profession pet damages knows absolutely nothing about Ranger Profession lore. Also, including in their lore, their companies grows stronger with the Ranger. The Ranger can synchronize all of their strengths into their pet companion skills as one-Beastmaster

> > >

> > > **Beastmaster**

> > > 'A ranger may choose to focus on increasing the strength of their pet.'

> > >

> > > **Beast Mastery**

> > > 'Beast Mastery is a secondary attribute of rangers.'

> > > - “Beast Mastery increases the damage dealt by your animal companion and its chance to inflict a critical hit. Many Ranger skills, especially those related to making your animal companion stronger, become more effective with higher Beast Mastery"

> > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger

> > >

> > > Lastly, i encourage those who are asking to nerf the Ranger Profession not excluding the Necromancer Profession, to take the time to understand their lore before asking to stripp them out of them.

> > >

> > > -Thank You-

> >

> > People aren't able to track two different things and dodge them, hell most players cant track 1 thing and dodge what they need to. So pets are nuking people who aren't adapting. The pets are super exploitable and people can't learn to play. Unfortunately, in this thread, these are warriors who really have little chance vs core ranger unless they go condi - which hasnt been viable in ages it seems.

> >

> > With recent damage nerfs, pets are back to where they used to be, able to be useful and people hate it.

> >

> > Core ranger still has pet swap.

>

> Hardly makes your case for having AI do on par damage with the Ranger, over short bursts. Esp since pets get lost in the clusterkitten of shiny rings and effects.

I don't know what to say besides this is a L2P issue.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102222/core-ranger-is-broken#latest

Take a gander over here where top player - non ranger - players are saying the same thing.

> @"Meteor.3720" said:

> "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> "L2P"

>

> Except this ignores the sustain, dps and CC provided by a ranger with LB/GS ...

> And it ignores the actual point of the post - no one is saying there aren't counters (most things have counters), but instead that it is unhealthy for the game irrespective of whether or not it can be countered. Getting hit for 9-10k from one ability is contrary to the entire direction of the recent balance update.

Cire has no dmg with lb/gs

Soulbeast has, but when soulbeast has dmg it has no sustain

I hit with lb2 5k with every arrow on core, if you dodge 1 time, it's already 3k, and than does tickle with 800-1.4k hits

GS has maul dmg

Cc's do 0 dmg, auto attack do 0 dmg

> @"Avatar.3568" said:

> > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> > "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> > "L2P"

> >

> > Except this ignores the sustain, dps and CC provided by a ranger with LB/GS ...

> > And it ignores the actual point of the post - no one is saying there aren't counters (most things have counters), but instead that it is unhealthy for the game irrespective of whether or not it can be countered. Getting hit for 9-10k from one ability is contrary to the entire direction of the recent balance update.

>

> Cire has no dmg with lb/gs

> Soulbeast has, but when soulbeast has dmg it has no sustain

>

> I hit with lb2 5k with every arrow on core, if you dodge 1 time, it's already 3k, and than does tickle with 800-1.4k hits

>

> GS has maul dmg

> Cc's do 0 dmg, auto attack do 0 dmg

The importance of CC isn't the damage they do, but the way they help you land your 10k pet crits and add pressure ...

> @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > i don't know what all those Ranger pet nerfs are all about because Ranger Profession damages were severely nerfed. So know,why not alse strip all damages from their pets too?

> > > >

> > > > It is not like their pets can +1 shot unlike what the Profession would do before. Not forgetting that the Profession can no longer swap pets so lets also Punish their pets as well?

> > > >

> > > > It is unbelievable that some whose asking to stripp down Ranger Profession pet damages knows absolutely nothing about Ranger Profession lore. Also, including in their lore, their companies grows stronger with the Ranger. The Ranger can synchronize all of their strengths into their pet companion skills as one-Beastmaster

> > > >

> > > > **Beastmaster**

> > > > 'A ranger may choose to focus on increasing the strength of their pet.'

> > > >

> > > > **Beast Mastery**

> > > > 'Beast Mastery is a secondary attribute of rangers.'

> > > > - “Beast Mastery increases the damage dealt by your animal companion and its chance to inflict a critical hit. Many Ranger skills, especially those related to making your animal companion stronger, become more effective with higher Beast Mastery"

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger

> > > >

> > > > Lastly, i encourage those who are asking to nerf the Ranger Profession not excluding the Necromancer Profession, to take the time to understand their lore before asking to stripp them out of them.

> > > >

> > > > -Thank You-

> > >

> > > People aren't able to track two different things and dodge them, hell most players cant track 1 thing and dodge what they need to. So pets are nuking people who aren't adapting. The pets are super exploitable and people can't learn to play. Unfortunately, in this thread, these are warriors who really have little chance vs core ranger unless they go condi - which hasnt been viable in ages it seems.

> > >

> > > With recent damage nerfs, pets are back to where they used to be, able to be useful and people hate it.

> > >

> > > Core ranger still has pet swap.

> >

> > Hardly makes your case for having AI do on par damage with the Ranger, over short bursts. Esp since pets get lost in the clusterkitten of shiny rings and effects.

>

> I don't know what to say besides this is a L2P issue.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102222/core-ranger-is-broken#latest

> Take a gander over here where top player - non ranger - players are saying the same thing.

You love throwing that line.

CI mirage was also l2p, look where we are now. I’m just saying, not trying to drive this further. My comment was intended as a one and done kind of line.

> @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > @"ArlAlt.1630" said:

> > > > @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > > i don't know what all those Ranger pet nerfs are all about because Ranger Profession damages were severely nerfed. So know,why not alse strip all damages from their pets too?

> > > > >

> > > > > It is not like their pets can +1 shot unlike what the Profession would do before. Not forgetting that the Profession can no longer swap pets so lets also Punish their pets as well?

> > > > >

> > > > > It is unbelievable that some whose asking to stripp down Ranger Profession pet damages knows absolutely nothing about Ranger Profession lore. Also, including in their lore, their companies grows stronger with the Ranger. The Ranger can synchronize all of their strengths into their pet companion skills as one-Beastmaster

> > > > >

> > > > > **Beastmaster**

> > > > > 'A ranger may choose to focus on increasing the strength of their pet.'

> > > > >

> > > > > **Beast Mastery**

> > > > > 'Beast Mastery is a secondary attribute of rangers.'

> > > > > - “Beast Mastery increases the damage dealt by your animal companion and its chance to inflict a critical hit. Many Ranger skills, especially those related to making your animal companion stronger, become more effective with higher Beast Mastery"

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ranger

> > > > >

> > > > > Lastly, i encourage those who are asking to nerf the Ranger Profession not excluding the Necromancer Profession, to take the time to understand their lore before asking to stripp them out of them.

> > > > >

> > > > > -Thank You-

> > > >

> > > > People aren't able to track two different things and dodge them, hell most players cant track 1 thing and dodge what they need to. So pets are nuking people who aren't adapting. The pets are super exploitable and people can't learn to play. Unfortunately, in this thread, these are warriors who really have little chance vs core ranger unless they go condi - which hasnt been viable in ages it seems.

> > > >

> > > > With recent damage nerfs, pets are back to where they used to be, able to be useful and people hate it.

> > > >

> > > > Core ranger still has pet swap.

> > >

> > > Hardly makes your case for having AI do on par damage with the Ranger, over short bursts. Esp since pets get lost in the clusterkitten of shiny rings and effects.

> >

> > I don't know what to say besides this is a L2P issue.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102222/core-ranger-is-broken#latest

> > Take a gander over here where top player - non ranger - players are saying the same thing.

>

> You love throwing that line.

>

> CI mirage was also l2p, look where we are now. I’m just saying, not trying to drive this further. My comment was intended as a one and done kind of line.

There is a difference between something being busted at all levels of play and something only good at low tiers.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I mean, if a tiger lunged at you it would do a lot of damage.

> realism/ theme over balance/ viability any day.

You're joking right? Okay then, Blunderbus deletes the account of those hit within 200 range, because sawed' off shotgun. Don't @ me

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > I mean, if a tiger lunged at you it would do a lot of damage.

> > realism/ theme over balance/ viability any day.

>

> You're joking right? Okay then, Blunderbus deletes the account of those hit within 200 range, because sawed' off shotgun. Don't @ me

yeah i'm joking. well, about 50/50 lol.

> There is a difference between something being busted at all levels of play and something only good at low tiers.

At what point do you sit back, realize you're a vocal minority, and consider your class is actually over-performing in some aspects?

Whats also annoying is that rangers can afk on a node while the pet memes on you as you're trying to kite. It feels like a joke running away from AI as the ranger freecaps. Melee pets should probably get a leash range of 600 so that they can't follow you around the block twice while still doing this kind of damage.

The damage is reasonable if you think about it. Tigers are apex predators. They are extremely strong and they have large paws with razor sharp claws. They start hunting at just 18 months old, so they have years of experience. Tigers are born to kill.

If anything, they might need to up the damage and give it stealth. Tigers are ambush predators, afterall.

> @"Meteor.3720" said:

> "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> "L2P"

>

But why is it ok for other specs like Power Shiro to hit a 10k strike, but not a Ranger?

I've been wondering this for a very long time now.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> > "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> > "L2P"

> >

> > Except this ignores the sustain, dps and CC provided by a ranger with LB/GS ...

> > And it ignores the actual point of the post - no one is saying there aren't counters (most things have counters), but instead that it is unhealthy for the game irrespective of whether or not it can be countered. Getting hit for 9-10k from one ability is contrary to the entire direction of the recent balance update.

>

> But why is it ok for other specs like Power Shiro to hit a 10k strike, but not a Ranger?

>

> I've been wondering this for a very long time now.

Because no one likes rangers

No one likes Pve either

Aaaaand no one wants to use the map, their skills or their minds

> > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> > "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> > "L2P"

> >

>

> But why is it ok for other specs like Power Shiro to hit a 10k strike, but not a Ranger?

>

XD

Why you keep bringing "but others are more broken, so my broken is ok to be broken" as an argument in the discussions? Not only you, but a lot of uber biased mains that defend their broken stuff. Get real guys...

Ranger damage should be like 70% player and 30% pet or something between these lines, it's the AI, shouldn't have higher damage than player itself.

Ranger burst hits for 7k, pet should hit max for 3k total 10k. OFC, that should only happen if all stars align and it shouldn't happen all the time.

Once again, don't ask for buffs, there's still a LOT stuff to nerf (waving at you FB especially).

This is a result of taking a glass cannon pet, full Beast Mastery line, all pet buffs, Spotter, max Might stacking, 25 Vulnerability from Opening Strike etc. It also doesn't work if there's too many people near the Ranger because their allies get the buffs instead of the pet.

(Though the target limit is easier to reach in PvE/WvW than PvP.)

It seems simple when you get hit by it but its extremely sacrificial and hard to pull off, and easy to counter. Pets are extremely easy to disable since most Ranger skills don't directly affect them, (even just a stray Chill or Cripple will usually do), and there's Weakness too.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> I am like 90% certain it is actually bugged and tigers, birds, and a few others are ignoring armor and damage reductions buffs entirely.

>

> My dumbdumb warrior build has 3.6k armor(like a lot of armor, seriously.) and -48% damage reduction and those types of pets just hit right through it for numbers similar to these. The ranger might hit like 1-3k with a maul, but the pet is just doing insane damage despite the damage reductions.

>

> I've seen some core ranger people too that seem to building to play super evasively and just harassing people with axe or LB while their pet carries the damage.

Moment of Clarity is +50% damage, your defenses are useless if you've been interrupted (and armor has a soft cap of ~3k).

> > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> > "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> > "L2P"

> >

>

>

In WvW maybe, but in PvP that is extremely unlikely unless you are light armor with 25 Vulnerability. The highest I've seen is 9k and that was only 1 time.

> @"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > > "jUsT kIlL tHe PeT"

> > > "jUsT dOdGe F2"

> > > "L2P"

> > >

> > > Except this ignores the sustain, dps and CC provided by a ranger with LB/GS ...

> > > And it ignores the actual point of the post - no one is saying there aren't counters (most things have counters), but instead that it is unhealthy for the game irrespective of whether or not it can be countered. Getting hit for 9-10k from one ability is contrary to the entire direction of the recent balance update.

> >

> > But why is it ok for other specs like Power Shiro to hit a 10k strike, but not a Ranger?

> >

> > I've been wondering this for a very long time now.

>

> XD

> Why you keep bringing "but others are more broken, so my broken is ok to be broken" as an argument in the discussions? Not only you, but a lot of uber biased mains that defend their broken stuff. Get real guys...

> Ranger damage should be like 70% player and 30% pet or something between these lines, it's the AI, shouldn't have higher damage than player itself.

> Ranger burst hits for 7k, pet should hit max for 3k total 10k. OFC, that should only happen if all stars align and it shouldn't happen all the time.

> Once again, don't ask for buffs, there's still a LOT stuff to nerf (waving at you FB especially).

You can't buff ranger dmg and nerf pet dmg, because soulbeast would be totally insane in dmg and everybody crys.

Now core ranger is using its class mechanism to deal dmg.

What's now way more necessary would be nerfing the WS trait, to nerf the ranger sustain.

Pets are killable, the ranger itself not.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> This is a result of taking a glass cannon pet, full Beast Mastery line, all pet buffs, Spotter, max Might stacking, 25 Vulnerability from Opening Strike etc. It also doesn't work if there's too many people near the Ranger because their allies get the buffs instead of the pet.

> (Though the target limit is easier to reach in PvE/WvW than PvP.)

>

> It seems simple when you get hit by it but its extremely sacrificial and hard to pull off, and easy to counter. Pets are extremely easy to disable since most Ranger skills don't directly affect them, (even just a stray Chill or Cripple will usually do), and there's Weakness too.

>

> > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > I am like 90% certain it is actually bugged and tigers, birds, and a few others are ignoring armor and damage reductions buffs entirely.

> >

> > My dumbdumb warrior build has 3.6k armor(like a lot of armor, seriously.) and -48% damage reduction and those types of pets just hit right through it for numbers similar to these. The ranger might hit like 1-3k with a maul, but the pet is just doing insane damage despite the damage reductions.

> >

> > I've seen some core ranger people too that seem to building to play super evasively and just harassing people with axe or LB while their pet carries the damage.

>

> Moment of Clarity is +50% damage, your defenses are useless if you've been interrupted (and armor has a soft cap of ~3k).

Spotter in PvP lol

BTW you don't need 25 might/ 25 vuln to get these hits out of pets, and that's part of the problem... it's not hard to pull off

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> This is a result of taking a glass cannon pet, full Beast Mastery line, all pet buffs, Spotter, max Might stacking, 25 Vulnerability from Opening Strike etc. It also doesn't work if there's too many people near the Ranger because their allies get the buffs instead of the pet.

> (Though the target limit is easier to reach in PvE/WvW than PvP.)

>

> Moment of Clarity is +50% damage, your defenses are useless if you've been interrupted (and armor has a soft cap of ~3k).

With the build i'm playing there's just so much boonstrip and cleanse going out that 25 stacks of might and/or vuln is pretty much impossible.

What's happening is i'm stunlocking the ranger and doing no damage like intended, but they can't move at all basically, and certain pets like tigers or birds get cheekily swapped to and hit once for close to the amount the OP is suggesting. Give or take.

Even with moment of clarity and every possible damage multiplier ranger can give their pet, i've got 48% damage reduction and 3.6k armor. Never heard of armor being soft capped either, couldn't find anything on that on the wiki.

Not really noticing any increase/decrease playing with Zerker stats either which is why I assume it's bugged. ?Will have to do some testing though.

> @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > There is a difference between something being busted at all levels of play and something only good at low tiers.

>

> At what point do you sit back, realize you're a vocal minority, and consider your class is actually over-performing in some aspects?

I prefer to balance around the top tier and have people learn to play, as that's what I believe it means to balance around competitive modes.

Something bad at high tier but good at low tier is a learn to play problem.

Something good at high tier and good at low tier needs nerfs.

Something bad at high tier and bad at low tier needs buffs.

> > @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > > @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > > There is a difference between something being busted at all levels of play and something only good at low tiers.

> >

> > At what point do you sit back, realize you're a vocal minority, and consider your class is actually over-performing in some aspects?

>

> I prefer to balance around the top tier and have people learn to play, as that's what I believe it means to balance around competitive modes.

>

> Something bad at high tier but good at low tier is a learn to play problem.

>

> Something good at high tier and good at low tier needs nerfs.

>

> Something bad at high tier and bad at low tier needs buffs.

"BuT gUiLdWaRs Is FoR cAsUaLs"

Like in every of the esports titles I know (and play) they always not only balance arround the best players, no they even ask them.