CC Meta...

Xenon.4537

So I thought I would give pvp a try... See if i could grind it out for Transcendence... Looked up a braindead bunker necro build... Seems easy enough?

I run to mid. I see enemy. I start casting a spell... Before I know it...

I'm Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dead.

Is this fun?

> @"Xenon.4537" said:

> So I thought I would give pvp a try... See if i could grind it out for Transcendence... Looked up a braindead bunker necro build... Seems easy enough?

>

> I run to mid. I see enemy. I start casting a spell... Before I know it...

>

> I'm Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dazed Dazed Dazed Immob Daze Stun Chill Chill Daze Knock Cripple Daze Knock Immob Dazed Dazed Dazed Cripple Knock Stun Dead.

>

> Is this fun?

You run mid and start attacking...that's the whole problem....your tunnel vision gameplay

Honestly I hear u and cant blame u for feeling that way as often pvp in gw2 seems like ur playing ping pong and ur the ball.

The way cc,stability and stunbreaks work actually works well in a 1v1 scenario. The problem occurs when 3 or 4 other cc classes start targeting u than ur stability and stunbreaks will do very little. I've heard it before regarding diminishing returns on a player that has just been cc chained as being a way to help elileviate this and I'm not sure how that would work but is a thought.

I have 2 stunbreaks, but as a necro I have basically no stability. As I understand it, that is by design. Trouble is yeah, I'm just a pingpong ball. I duo queue with my friend who plays support guardian and he can't even provide me enough stability. There's so much CC going out it just eats all the stab, or stab gets corrupted. I miss the old days when interrupt was more rare and you typically saved it for the heal skill... Now it seems like they just throw out hard CC every 2 seconds and catch every little action you attempt to make.

> @"hotte in space.2158" said:

> > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> >braindead bunker necro build

> Is this^ fun? CC META proven reasonable again, nerf necro !

Maybe they should just make it so that if you press any button on your keyboard, you get dazed. Everyone can just stare at each other the whole match.

> @"Xenon.4537" said:

> So you don't run to mid at the start of the game?

Depends on your team comp, the enemy team comp, who went close or far, and so on. Having map/build awareness is vital to survival. In general, dont push onto a point unless you are confident you can cap, or prevent the enemy from capping/decapping. Sometimes your teammates are bad and they just stand back while you die, or they decide to have 2 people cap close leaving you outnumbered in mid, but most of the time if you get blown up, you were playing too aggressively or not paying attention.

Welcome to playing Necro in a nutshell.

It's not as bad if you play literally any other class. People see a Necro and their immeidate instinct is to target it (for good reason).

Best advice I can give is to make sure you place your wurm well and make good use out of your spectral walk.

It's mainly a Necromancer problem as it doesn't have the sheer endless evade, block, invuln, target breaks, easy access/non setup disengages etc. spam of other professions, which in turn makes it often an easy target, exasperating the problem. Not only do you lack the tools to properly counter those focus fire situations, you also get targeted more by them for exactly that reason.

Which is also then where the skill of playing Necro comes from, being mainly in the form of positioning.

So while Necro might look fairly easy on the surface (or brainless, as you put it) due to the lack of most gameplay tools the other professions share, unless you want to spend you life as ping pong ball, you'll need to be a lot more careful about your positioning than everybody else.

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> Honestly I hear u and cant blame u for feeling that way as often pvp in gw2 seems like ur playing ping pong and ur the ball.

> The way cc,stability and stunbreaks work actually works well in a 1v1 scenario. The problem occurs when 3 or 4 other cc classes start targeting u than ur stability and stunbreaks will do very little. I've heard it before regarding diminishing returns on a player that has just been cc chained as being a way to help elileviate this and I'm not sure how that would work but is a thought.

I would say the balance between stability and CC was relatively okay before the March patch. Right now the game play a CC central. It is not as problematic when games are even. But that never fucking happens. It is not uncommon to get CCed between 50-60 times in one game. Easily 10 CCs per minute. And it does not require a genius to see that. Most meta builds run 3-5 CCs.

> @"Xenon.4537" said:

> I have 2 stunbreaks, but as a necro I have basically no stability. As I understand it, that is by design. Trouble is yeah, I'm just a pingpong ball. I duo queue with my friend who plays support guardian and he can't even provide me enough stability.

Play with a Jalis Revenant friend.

Be aware also that the reason of why there's so much cc is due ANet reduced the breakstuns because people were whinning about some classes being unkillable. Now with the huge nerf to damage the only way to kill people is less than a 3 minute fight is to release all the cc and burst at the same time.

I actually hope I get placed in bronze tier or lower because this type of gameplay is just awful and boring. Spend entire fight dazed/stunned. Bounce back and forth like a ball. It's dumb. I'll try a different class. It sounds like necro is just pure helltrash by design.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> > I have 2 stunbreaks, but as a necro I have basically no stability. As I understand it, that is by design. Trouble is yeah, I'm just a pingpong ball. I duo queue with my friend who plays support guardian and he can't even provide me enough stability.

>

> Play with a Jalis Revenant friend.

>

> Be aware also that the reason of why there's so much cc is due ANet reduced the breakstuns because people were whinning about some classes being unkillable. Now with the huge nerf to damage the only way to kill people is less than a 3 minute fight is to release all the cc and burst at the same time.

which would be fine if they quickly reacted with frequent small balance improvements to react to the swing towards cc heavy builds.

> @"Xenon.4537" said:

> I actually hope I get placed in bronze tier or lower because this type of gameplay is just awful and boring. Spend entire fight dazed/stunned. Bounce back and forth like a ball. It's dumb. I'll try a different class. It sounds like necro is just pure helltrash by design.

Try to port out of the action with the worm or the green walk