Need Accumulated Death Timer

Saiyan.1704

salt level would be thru the roof

I could handle the change if it came with 5 man queue, but would no longer be interested in solo ranked. the clown fiesta is bad enough with solo queue, and all the far point heroes- but imagine that w increasing respawns on deaths. big snowballs, tons of salt. no one wants to play w feeders

toxic

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> First death respawning 5 seconds

> Second death, 8 seconds

> Third death, 10s

>

> Deaths needs to feel more important! :3

I was wondering how it is possible to give instant feedback to people who just run into fights and die over and over again.. Accumulated death times maybe only starts if you have a negative death/kill ratio? One would have to make sure it doesnt lead to some classes getting trained down etc. but overall worth a thought

> @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > Terrible idea.

> >

> > If anything I want a suicide button that I can press to commit sudoku if enemies leave me to bleed offpoint.

> Then what s the trade off for using that button?

>

Maybe a teammate could have snuck in and stealth ressed you when you self-stomped. Bleeding players offpoint has always been lame.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > Terrible idea.

> > >

> > > If anything I want a suicide button that I can press to commit sudoku if enemies leave me to bleed offpoint.

> > Then what s the trade off for using that button?

> >

>

> Maybe a teammate could have snuck in and stealth ressed you when you self-stomped. Bleeding players offpoint has always been lame.

Well, that's not a trade off. If you don t use it and a mate res you, you re winning. If no one rez you then you die faster and can come back faster -> you loose less. So no matter what you choose it benefits you.

A kind of trade off would be you respawn with half your health bar for the next 45sec. Or you will have perma slow for the next 45-60 secs.

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > Terrible idea.

> > > >

> > > > If anything I want a suicide button that I can press to commit sudoku if enemies leave me to bleed offpoint.

> > > Then what s the trade off for using that button?

> > >

> >

> > Maybe a teammate could have snuck in and stealth ressed you when you self-stomped. Bleeding players offpoint has always been lame.

> Well, that's not a trade off. If you don t use it and a mate res you, you re winning. If no one rez you then you die faster and can come back faster -> you loose less. So no matter what you choose it benefits you.

> A kind of trade off would be you respawn with half your health bar for the next 45sec. Or you will have perma slow for the next 45-60 secs.

>

A slow buff would be annoying to be honest.

Self-suicide button would just be abused and there's no real tradeoff there.

What if we had a death counter to monitor for our team on the scoreboard? As of now there's no way to see how many times a person has died, nor is there a stat to see how long a person's been alive on the field.

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > Terrible idea.

> >

> > If anything I want a suicide button that I can press to commit sudoku if enemies leave me to bleed offpoint.

> Then what s the trade off for using that button?

>

Where is the sportsmanship in bleeding out enemies?

This just allows players to add extra toxicity and salt to the game

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > @"Eugchriss.2046" said:

> > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > Terrible idea.

> > > > >

> > > > > If anything I want a suicide button that I can press to commit sudoku if enemies leave me to bleed offpoint.

> > > > Then what s the trade off for using that button?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Maybe a teammate could have snuck in and stealth ressed you when you self-stomped. Bleeding players offpoint has always been lame.

> > Well, that's not a trade off. If you don t use it and a mate res you, you re winning. If no one rez you then you die faster and can come back faster -> you loose less. So no matter what you choose it benefits you.

> > A kind of trade off would be you respawn with half your health bar for the next 45sec. Or you will have perma slow for the next 45-60 secs.

> >

>

> A slow buff would be annoying to be honest.

> Self-suicide button would just be abused and there's no real tradeoff there.

>

> What if we had a death counter to monitor for our team on the scoreboard? As of now there's no way to see how many times a person has died, nor is there a stat to see how long a person's been alive on the field.

I like this idea alot!

It could even be added as a top stat (recognising the least number of deaths)

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> First death respawning 5 seconds

> Second death, 8 seconds

> Third death, 10s

>

> Deaths needs to feel more important! :3

In conquest dying is really important already. It may not feel like that in silver/low gold matches, but in actually competeive ranked matches, making one small mistake can lead to your death followed by a snowball effect on the whole map, resulting in a +100 on the scoreboard for the enemy in the following 1-2 minutes.

People tend to give up capture points rather easily if they avoid risking death that way.

Also if you want to improve the impact of dying on the outcome, don't reduce the respawn timer to 5 seconds. That totally goes against your stated goal.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > First death respawning 5 seconds

> > Second death, 8 seconds

> > Third death, 10s

> >

> > Deaths needs to feel more important! :3

>

>

> Also if you want to improve the impact of dying on the outcome, don't reduce the respawn timer to 5 seconds. That totally goes against your stated goal.

So what would you suggest?

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > > First death respawning 5 seconds

> > > Second death, 8 seconds

> > > Third death, 10s

> > >

> > > Deaths needs to feel more important! :3

> >

> >

> > Also if you want to improve the impact of dying on the outcome, don't reduce the respawn timer to 5 seconds. That totally goes against your stated goal.

>

> So what would you suggest?

To leave everything as it is. With good enough players 1 death can already decide the outcome of the whole game.