How to Fix Stealth

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > Let's make blinding powder thee only stealth giving skill. It now is instant, no cd, provides 3 secs of stealth and uses 5% of endurance each cast. No stealth stack limit. All damage reveals u, if u stealth while inflicted with dots they are suppressed while invisible. Would that be a buff or nerf to thief?

> > > > >

> > > > > Literally made rifle DE unplayable (along any stealth attacks in general except for the opening one after perma stealthing, which is what people ACTUALLY seem to be crying about) and you're asking if that's nerf or a buff? hm...

> > > >

> > > > I believe it was sarcastic commentary on how this thread has devolved and not a serious suggestion.

> > >

> > > I skipped the last few posts, because that just started to look like a pointless back-and-forth about other games, on top of the @"Killthehealersffs.8940" actually lying about his video dev source, so why even bother.

> > >

> > > I'm not sure it was sarcastic, seriously so many straight up unusable "ideas" are posted on this forum so often that I don't think there's a way to tell for sure anymore (and judging by the response to that post above by another user, it seems I'm not the only one thinking that might be a serious suggestion :p ).

> >

> > Sorry

> >

> > 01;34:13

> >

> > Now let me..have my fun...

>

> Thanks. But now we can see that you intentionally just wrote the first thing he said ("pretty strong"), while leaving out the rest of his comment that says "**stealth is always gonna be a balance between, like, how long can you stealth. I think the biggest issue [...] is I can stealth around the point and then you have to be concerned about backstab, but I'm already halfway across the map**". So prety much what I (and @"UNOwen.7132" ) have been saying for a while -the mechanic itself isn't problematic, the duration is.

See the rest of the conversation where teapot , asked how they feel about SA theif , even if the stealth have a lower duration .

And he sais that is a design of the previous Design team , and he (balance team) cannot effect , must talk with them first

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > Let's make blinding powder thee only stealth giving skill. It now is instant, no cd, provides 3 secs of stealth and uses 5% of endurance each cast. No stealth stack limit. All damage reveals u, if u stealth while inflicted with dots they are suppressed while invisible. Would that be a buff or nerf to thief?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Literally made rifle DE unplayable (along any stealth attacks in general except for the opening one after perma stealthing, which is what people ACTUALLY seem to be crying about) and you're asking if that's nerf or a buff? hm...

> > > > >

> > > > > I believe it was sarcastic commentary on how this thread has devolved and not a serious suggestion.

> > > >

> > > > I skipped the last few posts, because that just started to look like a pointless back-and-forth about other games, on top of the @"Killthehealersffs.8940" actually lying about his video dev source, so why even bother.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not sure it was sarcastic, seriously so many straight up unusable "ideas" are posted on this forum so often that I don't think there's a way to tell for sure anymore (and judging by the response to that post above by another user, it seems I'm not the only one thinking that might be a serious suggestion :p ).

> > >

> > > Sorry

> > >

> > > 01;34:13

> > >

> > > Now let me..have my fun...

> >

> > Thanks. But now we can see that you intentionally just wrote the first thing he said ("pretty strong"), while leaving out the rest of his comment that says "**stealth is always gonna be a balance between, like, how long can you stealth. I think the biggest issue [...] is I can stealth around the point and then you have to be concerned about backstab, but I'm already halfway across the map**". So prety much what I (and @"UNOwen.7132" ) have been saying for a while -the mechanic itself isn't problematic, the duration is.

>

> See an the rest of the conversation where teapot , asked how they feel about SA theif , even if the stealth have a lower duration .

> And he sais that is a design of the previous Design team , and he (balance team) cannot effect , must talk with them first

No, I've listend to the followup quesiton and that's not what he said from what I've understood. Still, you've cut out 2 words of his answer just to support your stance while disregarding the rest of it that makes claims opposite to yours by confirming basically the duration is the main problem.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > Let's make blinding powder thee only stealth giving skill. It now is instant, no cd, provides 3 secs of stealth and uses 5% of endurance each cast. No stealth stack limit. All damage reveals u, if u stealth while inflicted with dots they are suppressed while invisible. Would that be a buff or nerf to thief?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Literally made rifle DE unplayable (along any stealth attacks in general except for the opening one after perma stealthing, which is what people ACTUALLY seem to be crying about) and you're asking if that's nerf or a buff? hm...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I believe it was sarcastic commentary on how this thread has devolved and not a serious suggestion.

> > > > >

> > > > > I skipped the last few posts, because that just started to look like a pointless back-and-forth about other games, on top of the @"Killthehealersffs.8940" actually lying about his video dev source, so why even bother.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not sure it was sarcastic, seriously so many straight up unusable "ideas" are posted on this forum so often that I don't think there's a way to tell for sure anymore (and judging by the response to that post above by another user, it seems I'm not the only one thinking that might be a serious suggestion :p ).

> > > >

> > > > Sorry

> > > >

> > > > 01;34:13

> > > >

> > > > Now let me..have my fun...

> > >

> > > Thanks. But now we can see that you intentionally just wrote the first thing he said ("pretty strong"), while leaving out the rest of his comment that says "**stealth is always gonna be a balance between, like, how long can you stealth. I think the biggest issue [...] is I can stealth around the point and then you have to be concerned about backstab, but I'm already halfway across the map**". So prety much what I (and @"UNOwen.7132" ) have been saying for a while -the mechanic itself isn't problematic, the duration is.

> >

> > See an the rest of the conversation where teapot , asked how they feel about SA theif , even if the stealth have a lower duration .

> > And he sais that is a design of the previous Design team , and he (balance team) cannot effect , must talk with them first

>

> No, I've listend to the followup quesiton and that's not what he said from what I've understood. Still, you've cut out 2 words of his answer just to support your stance while disregarding the rest of it that makes claims opposite to yours by confirming basically the duration is the main problem.

They took 15 sec to have an conversation about long last stealth .

And another conversation for SA thiefs if that specis healthy for the game .

And its 2 words out of contex ?

Trust me the 2 ppl i am answering , they deserv it :P

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > Let's make blinding powder thee only stealth giving skill. It now is instant, no cd, provides 3 secs of stealth and uses 5% of endurance each cast. No stealth stack limit. All damage reveals u, if u stealth while inflicted with dots they are suppressed while invisible. Would that be a buff or nerf to thief?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Literally made rifle DE unplayable (along any stealth attacks in general except for the opening one after perma stealthing, which is what people ACTUALLY seem to be crying about) and you're asking if that's nerf or a buff? hm...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I believe it was sarcastic commentary on how this thread has devolved and not a serious suggestion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I skipped the last few posts, because that just started to look like a pointless back-and-forth about other games, on top of the @"Killthehealersffs.8940" actually lying about his video dev source, so why even bother.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm not sure it was sarcastic, seriously so many straight up unusable "ideas" are posted on this forum so often that I don't think there's a way to tell for sure anymore (and judging by the response to that post above by another user, it seems I'm not the only one thinking that might be a serious suggestion :p ).

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry

> > > > >

> > > > > 01;34:13

> > > > >

> > > > > Now let me..have my fun...

> > > >

> > > > Thanks. But now we can see that you intentionally just wrote the first thing he said ("pretty strong"), while leaving out the rest of his comment that says "**stealth is always gonna be a balance between, like, how long can you stealth. I think the biggest issue [...] is I can stealth around the point and then you have to be concerned about backstab, but I'm already halfway across the map**". So prety much what I (and @"UNOwen.7132" ) have been saying for a while -the mechanic itself isn't problematic, the duration is.

> > >

> > > See an the rest of the conversation where teapot , asked how they feel about SA theif , even if the stealth have a lower duration .

> > > And he sais that is a design of the previous Design team , and he (balance team) cannot effect , must talk with them first

> >

> > No, I've listend to the followup quesiton and that's not what he said from what I've understood. Still, you've cut out 2 words of his answer just to support your stance while disregarding the rest of it that makes claims opposite to yours by confirming basically the duration is the main problem.

>

> They took 15 sec to have an conversation about long last stealth .

> And another conversation for SA thiefs if that specis healthy for the game .

> And its 2 words out of contex ?

...you think the rest of what he said didn't change the meaning of that "pretty strong" you've quoted? Seems pretty out of context to me.

> Let me have some fun :P

Have all the fun you want, but stop making up lies and half-truths "said by devs" to support your side in a discussion. ;)

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Let's make blinding powder thee only stealth giving skill. It now is instant, no cd, provides 3 secs of stealth and uses 5% of endurance each cast. No stealth stack limit. All damage reveals u, if u stealth while inflicted with dots they are suppressed while invisible. Would that be a buff or nerf to thief?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Literally made rifle DE unplayable (along any stealth attacks in general except for the opening one after perma stealthing, which is what people ACTUALLY seem to be crying about) and you're asking if that's nerf or a buff? hm...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I believe it was sarcastic commentary on how this thread has devolved and not a serious suggestion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I skipped the last few posts, because that just started to look like a pointless back-and-forth about other games, on top of the @"Killthehealersffs.8940" actually lying about his video dev source, so why even bother.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm not sure it was sarcastic, seriously so many straight up unusable "ideas" are posted on this forum so often that I don't think there's a way to tell for sure anymore (and judging by the response to that post above by another user, it seems I'm not the only one thinking that might be a serious suggestion :p ).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 01;34:13

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now let me..have my fun...

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks. But now we can see that you intentionally just wrote the first thing he said ("pretty strong"), while leaving out the rest of his comment that says "**stealth is always gonna be a balance between, like, how long can you stealth. I think the biggest issue [...] is I can stealth around the point and then you have to be concerned about backstab, but I'm already halfway across the map**". So prety much what I (and @"UNOwen.7132" ) have been saying for a while -the mechanic itself isn't problematic, the duration is.

> > > >

> > > > See an the rest of the conversation where teapot , asked how they feel about SA theif , even if the stealth have a lower duration .

> > > > And he sais that is a design of the previous Design team , and he (balance team) cannot effect , must talk with them first

> > >

> > > No, I've listend to the followup quesiton and that's not what he said from what I've understood. Still, you've cut out 2 words of his answer just to support your stance while disregarding the rest of it that makes claims opposite to yours by confirming basically the duration is the main problem.

> >

> > They took 15 sec to have an conversation about long last stealth .

> > And another conversation for SA thiefs if that specis healthy for the game .

> > And its 2 words out of contex ?

>

> ...you think the rest of what he said didn't change the meaning of that "pretty strong" you've quoted? Seems pretty out of context to me.

>

> > Let me have some fun :P

>

> Have all the fun you want, but stop making up lies and half-truths "said by devs" to support your stance in a discussion. ;)

Ok type exactly what the devs have said about SA and if it healthy fro the game .

CMC is a Balance dev , he cannot change a Design spell that created from the previous Design team , he must talk with the non-fired new team :P

CMC doesnt find it underpowered like mister UNowen :P

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Let's make blinding powder thee only stealth giving skill. It now is instant, no cd, provides 3 secs of stealth and uses 5% of endurance each cast. No stealth stack limit. All damage reveals u, if u stealth while inflicted with dots they are suppressed while invisible. Would that be a buff or nerf to thief?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Literally made rifle DE unplayable (along any stealth attacks in general except for the opening one after perma stealthing, which is what people ACTUALLY seem to be crying about) and you're asking if that's nerf or a buff? hm...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I believe it was sarcastic commentary on how this thread has devolved and not a serious suggestion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I skipped the last few posts, because that just started to look like a pointless back-and-forth about other games, on top of the @"Killthehealersffs.8940" actually lying about his video dev source, so why even bother.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not sure it was sarcastic, seriously so many straight up unusable "ideas" are posted on this forum so often that I don't think there's a way to tell for sure anymore (and judging by the response to that post above by another user, it seems I'm not the only one thinking that might be a serious suggestion :p ).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sorry

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 01;34:13

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now let me..have my fun...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks. But now we can see that you intentionally just wrote the first thing he said ("pretty strong"), while leaving out the rest of his comment that says "**stealth is always gonna be a balance between, like, how long can you stealth. I think the biggest issue [...] is I can stealth around the point and then you have to be concerned about backstab, but I'm already halfway across the map**". So prety much what I (and @"UNOwen.7132" ) have been saying for a while -the mechanic itself isn't problematic, the duration is.

> > > > >

> > > > > See an the rest of the conversation where teapot , asked how they feel about SA theif , even if the stealth have a lower duration .

> > > > > And he sais that is a design of the previous Design team , and he (balance team) cannot effect , must talk with them first

> > > >

> > > > No, I've listend to the followup quesiton and that's not what he said from what I've understood. Still, you've cut out 2 words of his answer just to support your stance while disregarding the rest of it that makes claims opposite to yours by confirming basically the duration is the main problem.

> > >

> > > They took 15 sec to have an conversation about long last stealth .

> > > And another conversation for SA thiefs if that specis healthy for the game .

> > > And its 2 words out of contex ?

> >

> > ...you think the rest of what he said didn't change the meaning of that "pretty strong" you've quoted? Seems pretty out of context to me.

> >

> > > Let me have some fun :P

> >

> > Have all the fun you want, but stop making up lies and half-truths "said by devs" to support your stance in a discussion. ;)

>

> Ok type exactly what the devs have said about SA and if it healthy fro the game .

> CMC is a Balance dev , he cannot change a Design spell that created from the previous Design team , he must talk with the non-fired new team :P

If that's somewhere beyond few minutes of the timestamp you've linked, then you'd need to give me a new one. Also if you think I'll be sitting here transcribing the video after you've clearly lied about it in the first place then something's not right here, lmao. But you seem to be bored, so feel free to take your turn at typing it out for us this time like I did a few posts ago. Seems only fair, right? :)

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > @"Killthehealersffs.8940" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Let's make blinding powder thee only stealth giving skill. It now is instant, no cd, provides 3 secs of stealth and uses 5% of endurance each cast. No stealth stack limit. All damage reveals u, if u stealth while inflicted with dots they are suppressed while invisible. Would that be a buff or nerf to thief?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Literally made rifle DE unplayable (along any stealth attacks in general except for the opening one after perma stealthing, which is what people ACTUALLY seem to be crying about) and you're asking if that's nerf or a buff? hm...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I believe it was sarcastic commentary on how this thread has devolved and not a serious suggestion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I skipped the last few posts, because that just started to look like a pointless back-and-forth about other games, on top of the @"Killthehealersffs.8940" actually lying about his video dev source, so why even bother.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm not sure it was sarcastic, seriously so many straight up unusable "ideas" are posted on this forum so often that I don't think there's a way to tell for sure anymore (and judging by the response to that post above by another user, it seems I'm not the only one thinking that might be a serious suggestion :p ).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sorry

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 01;34:13

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now let me..have my fun...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks. But now we can see that you intentionally just wrote the first thing he said ("pretty strong"), while leaving out the rest of his comment that says "**stealth is always gonna be a balance between, like, how long can you stealth. I think the biggest issue [...] is I can stealth around the point and then you have to be concerned about backstab, but I'm already halfway across the map**". So prety much what I (and @"UNOwen.7132" ) have been saying for a while -the mechanic itself isn't problematic, the duration is.

> > > > >

> > > > > See an the rest of the conversation where teapot , asked how they feel about SA theif , even if the stealth have a lower duration .

> > > > > And he sais that is a design of the previous Design team , and he (balance team) cannot effect , must talk with them first

> > > >

> > > > No, I've listend to the followup quesiton and that's not what he said from what I've understood. Still, you've cut out 2 words of his answer just to support your stance while disregarding the rest of it that makes claims opposite to yours by confirming basically the duration is the main problem.

> > >

> > > They took 15 sec to have an conversation about long last stealth .

> > > And another conversation for SA thiefs if that specis healthy for the game .

> > > And its 2 words out of contex ?

> >

> > ...you think the rest of what he said didn't change the meaning of that "pretty strong" you've quoted? Seems pretty out of context to me.

> >

> > > Let me have some fun :P

> >

> > Have all the fun you want, but stop making up lies and half-truths "said by devs" to support your stance in a discussion. ;)

>

> Ok type exactly what the devs have said about SA and if it healthy fro the game .

> CMC is a Balance dev , he cannot change a Design spell that created from the previous Design team , he must talk with the non-fired new team :P

> CMC doesnt find it underpowered like mister UNowen :P

SA isn't unhealthy for the game, what's the problem?

3 ideas from tame to extreme:

1. Reveal a player if they get hit while stealthed

2. Allow the opponent (not the player) to have Out of Combat status if the player is stealthed for 6 seconds (a similar thing happens while fighting NPCs)

3. While in combat, no stealthing is allowed for more than 4 seconds.

Too many classes have stealth at this point and it should also never be able to override things like fear etc. I can't tell you how many times a thief has downed a player disappeared and not reappear until they are on the downward motion of the finish him skill, how is this justifiable, literally no defense at that point eradicating the downed skills?

Best way to fix stealth and most realistic is to come to a self realization that not only is there already multiple counterplay against it but also that it's been the same since its iteration into the game and is very very unlikely to undergo any significant changes this many yrs later. Realize all that and let the weight float off ur shoulders lol.

> @"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

> Too many classes have stealth at this point and it should also never be able to override things like fear etc. I can't tell you how many times a thief has downed a player disappeared and not reappear until they are on the downward motion of the finish him skill, how is this justifiable, literally no defense at that point eradicating the downed skills?

Sounds like they might have used Black Power for Stability to not get Controlled by other players around you or they might have Shadowstepped away and stepped back for the downward stomp. Stealth doesn't block anything but maybe you tried to launch a single target/targeted fear a split second to late before stealth or something. There is defense against thief stomp, that's why they will spend resources they'd rather use for fighting to not get disintegrated by your friends nearby because they're can't handle that crowd control passively.

> @"Oogabooga.3812" said:

> 3 ideas from tame to extreme:

>

> 1. Reveal a player if they get hit while stealthed

> 2. Allow the opponent (not the player) to have Out of Combat status if the player is stealthed for 6 seconds (a similar thing happens while fighting NPCs)

> 3. While in combat, no stealthing is allowed for more than 4 seconds.

All of these only impact in-combat stealth, which is already overperforming. While out of combat stealth, which is the problem, is completely untouched. How does that keep happening?

this would destroy stealth in organized team play. the only solution that makes sense is to lengthen revealed and eliminate deadeyes ability to remove revealed like you said. maybe take away the ability to combo off of your own smoke field while ooc, altho ppl would likely aggro themselves on npcs and fall dmg. would still help in a lot of situations tho.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> this would destroy stealth in organized team play. the only solution that makes sense is to lengthen revealed and eliminate deadeyes ability to remove revealed like you said. maybe take away the ability to combo off of your own smoke field while ooc, altho ppl would likely aggro themselves on npcs and fall dmg. would still help in a lot of situations tho.

Lengthening Revealed just makes in-combat stealth worse, while out of combat stealth remains broken. The only solution is to put a hardcap on stealth duration. Something like 6 seconds.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > this would destroy stealth in organized team play. the only solution that makes sense is to lengthen revealed and eliminate deadeyes ability to remove revealed like you said. maybe take away the ability to combo off of your own smoke field while ooc, altho ppl would likely aggro themselves on npcs and fall dmg. would still help in a lot of situations tho.

>

> Lengthening Revealed just makes in-combat stealth worse, while out of combat stealth remains broken. The only solution is to put a hardcap on stealth duration. Something like 6 seconds.

A hard cap of 6 seconds that cannot be refreshed or one that can be refreshed up to 6s?

Stealth as a mechanic is not the problem - THIEF is the problem. They have access to nearly permanent stealth, a stupid amount of evade frames, godlike mobility, burst damage, daze, and sustain. So all thieves do is burst out of stealth, use their infinite evade frames and mobility to avoid all counter pressure, restealth, heal up, and repeat. It is the most braindead, broken spec in the game right now (perhaps along with condi rev, but thats only in spvp). Don't punish all stealth users for what is ENTIRELY a thief problem.

> @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> Stealth as a mechanic is not the problem - THIEF is the problem. They have access to nearly permanent stealth, a stupid amount of evade frames, godlike mobility, burst damage, daze, and sustain. So all thieves do is burst out of stealth, use their infinite evade frames and mobility to avoid all counter pressure, restealth, heal up, and repeat. It is the most braindead, broken spec in the game right now (perhaps along with condi rev, but thats only in spvp). Don't punish all stealth users for what is ENTIRELY a thief problem.

For the other classes that have stealth making it not stack in duration would have little effect on their ability to stealth, those that have multiple ways to stealth could still chain them out of combat rather than stack all at once. The specific callout to the DE elite only affects that elite as it is the only counter to revealed that I know of.

Perhaps stealth should keep a player in combat if they were in combat already, or put them into combat? That way the ability to 'reset' a fight is diminished.

Perhaps the range on certain mobility skills, across all classes, should be reduced in the competitive modes, some more than others. I can see shadowsteps and teleports being reduced more than leaps/evades as their are instant. But that is outside this topic. It is part of what makes one or two classes difficult to play against, but it requires stealth to become the problem that it is.

many have asked me, why didn't Guild Wars 1 didn't have stealth mechanic? I replied, take a look at Guild Wars 2 and see for yourself. Without either a complete redesign of Guild Wars 2 Toxic Stealth Mechanic or completely removing it all together, nothing will ever change for the good.

Guild Wars 2 will continue being viewed as being the worst Bad Design Stealth Mechanic; especially for 8 consecutive years in the competitive gaming industry

Do i feel sad or bad about it? You did it to yourself....Not anymore

'The Way You Present Yourself, Is The Way You'll Be Remembered'

gw1 stealth are skills that make you untargetable for spells like obsi flesh, spellbreaker, shadowform and Vow of silence. You were still able to counter them by using skills that were: signets, direct attacks, spells that target them indirectly(like well of profane). you also had attackskills that removed enchantments to counter these.

the only true invulnerability ingame is shadowform(pvp). In this you are free to do whatever you want for 15 secs. but health gets reduced to 50 hp when it runs out. Not sure if this one can be removed via signets that remove enchantments.

> @"pninak.1069" said:

> gw1 stealth are skills that make you untargetable for spells like obsi flesh, spellbreaker, shadowform and Vow of silence. You were still able to counter them by using skills that were: signets, direct attacks, spells that target them indirectly(like well of profane). you also had attackskills that removed enchantments to counter these.

>

> the only true invulnerability ingame is shadowform(pvp). In this you are free to do whatever you want for 15 secs. but health gets reduced to 50 hp when it runs out. Not sure if this one can be removed via signets that remove enchantments.

>

>

Those aren't stealth, they are various forms of damage immunity, or skill immunity. They are more applicable to GW2's Endure Pain.

No. gw2's endure pain can't be removed while in gw1 almost everything can be removed. There are certain esceptions which are bundle skills. stuff like: ashes and weapon spells. I think these anti-caster spells from gw1 function in as imiliar way to stealth, because you can't be a target of a spell. Obsiflesh is now made into an invulnerable which wasn't the case for gw1. spellbreaker became a class. so shadowform must be stealth. or has to be a key into why we got stealth the way it is today in gw2.

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> many have asked me, why didn't Guild Wars 1 didn't have stealth mechanic? I replied, take a look at Guild Wars 2 and see for yourself. Without either a complete redesign of Guild Wars 2 Toxic Stealth Mechanic or completely removing it all together, nothing will ever change for the good.

>

> Guild Wars 2 will continue being viewed as being the worst Bad Design Stealth Mechanic; especially for 8 consecutive years in the competitive gaming industry

>

> Do i feel sad or bad about it? You did it to yourself....Not anymore

>

> 'The Way You Present Yourself, Is The Way You'll Be Remembered'

Who are these "many people"? Are they the competitive gaming industry CEOs, COOs & VPs? Is there an award ceremony like the razzies and GW2 is the continued razzy winner? ;)

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Yasai.3549" said:

> > A simple fix is to simply put a 3s ICD on Leap combos.

> Or what I've been saying since pretty much the launch of GW2, a change that reduce not only stealth but also damage, bunkering, boons, literally everything thats over the top (yes, even condi damage)

>

> *You cannot combo in your own fields, only others*

>

> 2 thieves could still leap through each others fields, true. But it would require much more teamwork and players to accomplish the same things.

![](https://i.imgur.com/zTlLTLe.png "")