Don t make new elites until you fix existing ones.

CroTiger.7819

Before big update i said hard cc will be the problem. Hard cc is good way to counter some proffesions like necros and condi revs but is it a reason to have another mess? Other proffesions are weak to hard-cc aswell and thats reason we take 2-3 stunbreaks which is the bigest reason for low amount of builds diversity around. Whats so hard about reducing amount of hard cc and replace it with 1/4s daze for interupt because interupt is way to reduce spam. For example dagger on spellbreaker should get dmg back for amount of regular autoattack but loose duration of daze to 1/4 meant to interupt. Alot of skills can get same treatment as this example while some other should get new design to reduce number of cc overall which is what devs said too. The problem is devs never gonna realize that having interupt playstyle viable in the game is only way to reduce spam and having only hard cc will only kill diversity because need of eq 2-3 stunbreaks which leads to cc being spammed until stubreaks are done. That wouldn t be the case if they prefer interupt playstyle because interupts in this game should be 1/4 daze which would actually reduce spam and in same time alow build diversity and bring more fun and deepnes to game rather than spamming hard cc and chaining it. Of course this is not realistic aproach since this game have 90% of cc being a hard cc from very start and it didn t worked to reduce spam till now while ranger have shortbow trait which buffs dmg by 10% which is such a waste for potential interupt playstyle weapon which could lead to healthy condi builds, but no lets focus on dmg modifiers even on sb which is condi wep and than nerf it all over again. Pve is about zerk and dmg and now pvp became pretty much same story.

Biggest question for me is this. If pet autos can do 3-4k dmg on light armor and necro have shroud on 10sec cd and also can enter it without building up full life force and even have passive to enter it again which is bot playstyle, what the heck is druid supposed to do with 20 sec cd being forced to build full astrall force and than heal for 2-3k with strongest heal while go to beggining pet autos are 3k.

Having last update was neccesary and is good start and good move but...

When will pvp go out of beta ?

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> I don't feel your title is relevent to what the post is actually about

Ok saying that druid and healer role is missing while there is backup for that. Suggesting new interupt playstyle which is important role missing while there is also backup for that like shortbow condi ranger and chronomancer even mesmer overall. Saying that my own proffesion is carried by high pet dmg while healer role cant even outheal pet autos on mender rune. Maybe only thing relevant is to say buff this and nerf that and leave serious problems behind the carpet. I have alot of ideas how to bring new roles and turn things around but if i write that none will read it and i guess maybe its not relevant. Right now there are alot of problems in reality so writing on forum about balance is probably relevant too. Everything is relevant and what about revenant.

> @"Virdo.1540" said:

> More elite specs are good for balancing. This allows the balance team to re-arrange specific things to a place where they belong and make more sense.

> Please add more than just one elite specialization to pvp.

> Thank you.

Yes and add more skins and races maybe even genders too. I want espec too but when existing ones with some other main issues like cc are fixed because adding new things when some older ones still doesn t have defined roles is not good way atleast for me but you are maybe right because it doesn t take much effort to see things like building full astral force and high cd with ineffective heals is good for current meta but somehow druid still waits for another year. Chronomancer which is deleted with 4-5hits from ranger pet autoattack just to have viable dmg is fine while in same time it could utilize interupts with slow traited so more reactive possibilities on next interupts. I don t know but there are alot of not used things inside game already which should be priority since they said quality over quantity and thats great but its still not much effort done to fix things. I would rather have secondary proffesions being able to take third slot from other proffesions while still remaining your core abilities like shrouds, adrenaline, pets over new espec since that would provide even better stage for balance and even more possibilities. So 1 traitline from any proffesion without ability for espec and than being able to pick those class utility skills while having wep skills and core mechanics same would be quantity over quality which was more of case in gw1 and it ended up with much more variety of builds than we have in gw2. I don t rly see quality over quantity fits in this game still and neither its quantity over quality because there is not much choice left from utilities.

Or create new elites/weapons/utilities , but the trait lines are effect boosts with a backfire .

For example , choosing two defensive Major Adept traits from two Core Trait lines , unlocks :

a) You can cripple atarget for 5 sec , you do -10% less damage

b) You can freze a target for 2 sec , you deal -5% damage

c) You cannot be crit for 1 sec upon getting in combat , -20% damage

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> I don't feel your title is relevent to what the post is actually about

Yeeeeah, not really seeing the correlation here.

To respond back to the title specifically anyway: Balance can take a backseat to actual fun and new content any day. Balance will probably break down after the new elite specs come anyway, so to delay the whole expansion for the sake of balance would ultimately be pointless.

Make more elites. If League of Legends or Street Fighter 2 never added new characters until they absolutely very completely perfectly balanced their original rosters the games would never have added new characters and both would have died from stagnation. As obnoxious as over powered and under powered new specs are, keeping the game stagnant and refusing to add new specializations is even worse.

So please add new elite specs with ambitious changes to the professions mechanics and open up new interesting niches of gameplay. Just be careful and make sure they have specific strengths and weaknesses and not like Firebrand and Holosmith that Only Do Everything.