WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets

Xentera.4560

I am working on conflux at the moment, and as it turns out you need a metric kitten ton of Skirmish Claim Tickets to make it. I don't normally do much WvW and I am currently ~ 750 short. I tried google and youtube, and still cannot figure out what the fastest way to get these skirmish tickets is.

Any help appreciated.

> @"Xentera.4560" said:

> I am working on conflux at the moment, and as it turns out you need a metric kitty ton of Skirmish Claim Tickets to make it. I don't normally do much WvW and I am currently ~ 750 short. I tried google and youtube, and still cannot figure out what the fastest way to get these skirmish tickets is.

> Any help appreciated.

Skirmish tickets are capped at 365 tickets per week if you complete all the Skirmish Reward Chests Wood through Diamond. There are a few ways to make this go faster, but you're still capped at the amount of tickets you can earn in a week.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

Welcome to WvW.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> Have we run out of things to complain?

He's not complaining, he's simply asking for if there's a quicker/better way of getting what he needs. However if you're starting from 0 Skirmish Tickets, it takes 6 weeks of Wood-Diamond chests to get all the Tickets you need to make it. (I could be wrong, pretty sure it's 6 weeks though).

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> Have we run out of things to complain?

Yeah because everyone earns the same amount of pips for skirmish rewards. They asked for help how about providing some next time instead of complaining about complaining.

> @"Xentera.4560" said:

> I am working on conflux at the moment, and as it turns out you need a metric kitten ton of Skirmish Claim Tickets to make it. I don't normally do much WvW and I am currently ~ 750 short. I tried google and youtube, and still cannot figure out what the fastest way to get these skirmish tickets is.

> Any help appreciated.

If you're just just starting out you'll have to pour in a lot of time, since your pip count for the skirmish reward track will be low you'll take much longer than a wvw veteran to finish the track for the week. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

The biggest pip counts come from wxp levels, outnumbered, and warscore placement. Try to take advantage of outnumbered pips when possible, warscore will be up to your server.

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> > Have we run out of things to complain?

>

> He's not complaining, he's simply asking for if there's a quicker/better way of getting what he needs. However if you're starting from 0 Skirmish Tickets, it takes 6 weeks of Wood-Diamond chests to get all the Tickets you need to make it. (I could be wrong, pretty sure it's 6 weeks though).

Finishing the last diamond chest grants you 365 tickets. So you need 2 weeks and one day for 750 tickets. That itself is nothing. Wvw players have something around 10.000 tickets in their bank these days.

The bigger problem is the time you need. A low rank player gets between 4 and 11 pips per tick. So he needs between 30 and 11 hours to finish the last chest (1450 pips overall). That's something a player has to be aware of.

So if you want to farm quickly: go to maps with the outnumbered buff to more than halve the time you need to complete the reward track.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> > > Have we run out of things to complain?

> >

> > He's not complaining, he's simply asking for if there's a quicker/better way of getting what he needs. However if you're starting from 0 Skirmish Tickets, it takes 6 weeks of Wood-Diamond chests to get all the Tickets you need to make it. (I could be wrong, pretty sure it's 6 weeks though).

> Finishing the last diamond chest grants you 365 tickets. So you need 2 weeks and one day for 750 tickets. That itself is nothing. Wvw players have something around 10.000 tickets in their bank these days.

>

> The bigger problem is the time you need. A low rank player gets between 4 and 11 pips per tick. So he needs between 30 and 11 hours to finish the last chest (1450 pips overall). That's something a player has to be aware of.

>

> So if you want to farm quickly: go to maps with the outnumbered buff to more than halve the time you need to complete the reward track.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

>

>

Yeah but you need 1850 tickets total was more my point. This specific person only needs 750, maybe what i was getting at wasn't entirely easy to understand, my bad. :D

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> > > > Have we run out of things to complain?

> > >

> > > He's not complaining, he's simply asking for if there's a quicker/better way of getting what he needs. However if you're starting from 0 Skirmish Tickets, it takes 6 weeks of Wood-Diamond chests to get all the Tickets you need to make it. (I could be wrong, pretty sure it's 6 weeks though).

> > Finishing the last diamond chest grants you 365 tickets. So you need 2 weeks and one day for 750 tickets. That itself is nothing. Wvw players have something around 10.000 tickets in their bank these days.

> >

> > The bigger problem is the time you need. A low rank player gets between 4 and 11 pips per tick. So he needs between 30 and 11 hours to finish the last chest (1450 pips overall). That's something a player has to be aware of.

> >

> > So if you want to farm quickly: go to maps with the outnumbered buff to more than halve the time you need to complete the reward track.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

> >

> >

>

> Yeah but you need 1850 tickets total was more my point. This specific person only needs 750, maybe what i was getting at wasn't entirely easy to understand, my bad. :D

you dont need 1850. the ring can be bought with other currencies, too.

Slightly off topic but i hate how the ticket rewards are top loaded. The tickets should be rewarded evenly over the entire reward track. This would allow the more casual player to get the most out of their time in WvW, especially if they never get to reach diamond.

> @"Bjonk.3189" said:

> Slightly off topic but i hate how the ticket rewards are top loaded. The tickets should be rewarded evenly over the entire reward track. This would allow the more casual player to get the most out of their time in WvW, especially if they never get to reach diamond.

I'm a fan of putting some into the reward tracks myself, or allowing things like the Emblems or Leggy Spikes to be salvaged/traded in for tickets.

> @"Xentera.4560" said:

> I am working on conflux at the moment, and as it turns out you need a metric kitten ton of Skirmish Claim Tickets to make it. I don't normally do much WvW and I am currently ~ 750 short. I tried google and youtube, and still cannot figure out what the fastest way to get these skirmish tickets is.

> Any help appreciated.

I'm on a different end of the spectrum, not that I don't WvW much, it's actually my preferred environment. However between having a job and a life, I have never been able to reach the end of diamond. The highest I've ever been was 2 pips away from finishing and that's only because I had 2 weeks off work. I know this doesn't help you, but I found that needing tickets for legendary armors myself, the best thing to do is just play WvW to have fun, and only when you want to. If you grind it out it wont really speed up anything.. just feel like a chore. I hope anet decides to bring skirmish tickets back to EotM. That's where people used to go and level and it was a more relaxed pace.

> @"Bjonk.3189" said:

> Slightly off topic but i hate how the ticket rewards are top loaded. The tickets should be rewarded evenly over the entire reward track. This would allow the more casual player to get the most out of their time in WvW, especially if they never get to reach diamond.

The intent of this design is to keep player volume up throughout the week. if it was evenly distributed ppl would stop playing the game mode much sooner as the rewards would be easier to get. Also in terms of flavor, a diamond chest should have more in it than a wood one.

> @"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:

> > @"Bjonk.3189" said:

> > Slightly off topic but i hate how the ticket rewards are top loaded. The tickets should be rewarded evenly over the entire reward track. This would allow the more casual player to get the most out of their time in WvW, especially if they never get to reach diamond.

>

> The intent of this design is to keep player volume up throughout the week. if it was evenly distributed ppl would stop playing the game mode much sooner as the rewards would be easier to get. Also in terms of flavor, a diamond chest should have more in it than a wood one.

And yet the population dries up 2-3 days post reset because that is all you need to max out the track if you are silver or above.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Finishing the last diamond chest grants you 365 tickets. So you need 2 weeks and one day for 750 tickets. That itself is nothing. Wvw players have something around 10.000 tickets in their bank these days.

>

Apparently there are two kinds of WvW players then: one as you described, the other are those working on / just finished Legendary armor :smiley:

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> And yet the population dries up 2-3 days post reset because that is all you need to max out the track if you are silver or above.

Meh, hard to make that conclusion imo. Sure there are some players who quit the mode when they have maxed out rewards, but it is also perfectly reasonable to see a higher population playing on the weekend vs the weekday. You see the same in PvE metas, events, etc.

I also know a few folks who complete their Diamond by Saturday (!) or Sunday as well...on their main account, and then log onto their 2nd (or 3rd) account.

Personally I'm usually done Diamond by Sunday afternoon or Monday, but I still play daily because it is fun, reward tracks are still rewarding, and Memories of Battle are now worth money (meaning too expensive to justify buying for us plebs making Leg armor), so getting the Diamond repeat is still worthwhile.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> > > > > Have we run out of things to complain?

> > > >

> > > > He's not complaining, he's simply asking for if there's a quicker/better way of getting what he needs. However if you're starting from 0 Skirmish Tickets, it takes 6 weeks of Wood-Diamond chests to get all the Tickets you need to make it. (I could be wrong, pretty sure it's 6 weeks though).

> > > Finishing the last diamond chest grants you 365 tickets. So you need 2 weeks and one day for 750 tickets. That itself is nothing. Wvw players have something around 10.000 tickets in their bank these days.

> > >

> > > The bigger problem is the time you need. A low rank player gets between 4 and 11 pips per tick. So he needs between 30 and 11 hours to finish the last chest (1450 pips overall). That's something a player has to be aware of.

> > >

> > > So if you want to farm quickly: go to maps with the outnumbered buff to more than halve the time you need to complete the reward track.

> > >

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yeah but you need 1850 tickets total was more my point. This specific person only needs 750, maybe what i was getting at wasn't entirely easy to understand, my bad. :D

>

> you dont need 1850. the ring can be bought with other currencies, too.

You mean the other currencies that require the Skirmish Tickets to get specific items from vendors? :D

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> > > > > > Have we run out of things to complain?

> > > > >

> > > > > He's not complaining, he's simply asking for if there's a quicker/better way of getting what he needs. However if you're starting from 0 Skirmish Tickets, it takes 6 weeks of Wood-Diamond chests to get all the Tickets you need to make it. (I could be wrong, pretty sure it's 6 weeks though).

> > > > Finishing the last diamond chest grants you 365 tickets. So you need 2 weeks and one day for 750 tickets. That itself is nothing. Wvw players have something around 10.000 tickets in their bank these days.

> > > >

> > > > The bigger problem is the time you need. A low rank player gets between 4 and 11 pips per tick. So he needs between 30 and 11 hours to finish the last chest (1450 pips overall). That's something a player has to be aware of.

> > > >

> > > > So if you want to farm quickly: go to maps with the outnumbered buff to more than halve the time you need to complete the reward track.

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah but you need 1850 tickets total was more my point. This specific person only needs 750, maybe what i was getting at wasn't entirely easy to understand, my bad. :D

> >

> > you dont need 1850. the ring can be bought with other currencies, too.

>

> You mean the other currencies that require the Skirmish Tickets to get specific items from vendors? :D

I mean these:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Band_(Infused) :D

> @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > @"Fish.2769" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > 750 is what, 2 weeks of maximum tickets?

> > > > > > Have we run out of things to complain?

> > > > >

> > > > > He's not complaining, he's simply asking for if there's a quicker/better way of getting what he needs. However if you're starting from 0 Skirmish Tickets, it takes 6 weeks of Wood-Diamond chests to get all the Tickets you need to make it. (I could be wrong, pretty sure it's 6 weeks though).

> > > > Finishing the last diamond chest grants you 365 tickets. So you need 2 weeks and one day for 750 tickets. That itself is nothing. Wvw players have something around 10.000 tickets in their bank these days.

> > > >

> > > > The bigger problem is the time you need. A low rank player gets between 4 and 11 pips per tick. So he needs between 30 and 11 hours to finish the last chest (1450 pips overall). That's something a player has to be aware of.

> > > >

> > > > So if you want to farm quickly: go to maps with the outnumbered buff to more than halve the time you need to complete the reward track.

> > > >

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah but you need 1850 tickets total was more my point. This specific person only needs 750, maybe what i was getting at wasn't entirely easy to understand, my bad. :D

> >

> > you dont need 1850. the ring can be bought with other currencies, too.

>

> You mean the other currencies that require the Skirmish Tickets to get specific items from vendors? :D

Now he means Pristine Fractal Relics or any of the other currencies that can be used to buy them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Band_(Infused)