Tome of Knowledge

I would love to have a "Use All" feature for the Tome's of Knowledge. Converting them to Spirit Shards requires a ton of clicking... and 'just a game' or not it's a royal pain. We have this feature for other items so please ANet, give us this feature for the Tomes. I have a few thousand I'd like to convert.. ;)

• 1 month later...

That would be great and would stop the annoying noise and light of ppl standing at Banks and going through 20-50+ of them ... I have to leave or get an instant headache each time. Wish ppl would go somewhere alone to do that. Seriously Anet PLEASE remove that sound and light.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

>

> How do you turn Tomes of Knowledge into boosters and gold? I don't see any mention of either on the Wiki page.

I was going to ask the exact same question!

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

>

> How do you turn Tomes of Knowledge into boosters and gold? I don't see any mention of either on the Wiki page.

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

> >

> > How do you turn Tomes of Knowledge into boosters and gold? I don't see any mention of either on the Wiki page.

>

> I was going to ask the exact same question!

You just use them to level your weekly key farm character to 80 instead of 10 and collect the additional level up rewards. Not only do you get loot, but the key farm is cake at lvl 80.

You get a bunch of crafting material bags and several boosters, a WxP booster at lvl 60, two strength boosters, karma booster and an item booster. A Superior Sigil of Nullification plus several runes like Lich and Flock. You can forge all the equipment you get and that often turns into rare gear you can sell on the TP or salvage. The 72 and 75 lvl exotic armor you get can be forged and if you are lucky you can get 3-5g from that, or you can salvage it for ecto/insignia/rune too.

one thing i would also like is the ability to level up without losing the level up window with every level, i am an altaholic which means i level allot of characters and the most frustrating thing beside the annoying hearts is having to accept level stuff per level instead of just getting them one after the other.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I just collect a full stack of them and than delete them.

> I still loath having to type the name to delete them though.

>

> Hey Arenanet, can we finally have some QoL in form of being able to opt out of having to type names to delete?!

If you really want to delete them, just put them on a key farm character right before you delete it, no need to type the item name then.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > I just collect a full stack of them and than delete them.

> > I still loath having to type the name to delete them though.

> >

> > Hey Arenanet, can we finally have some QoL in form of being able to opt out of having to type names to delete?!

>

> If you really want to delete them, just put them on a key farm character right before you delete it, no need to type the item name then.

I have no key farm character.

All of my ten slots have characters I want to keep.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > I just collect a full stack of them and than delete them.

> > > I still loath having to type the name to delete them though.

> > >

> > > Hey Arenanet, can we finally have some QoL in form of being able to opt out of having to type names to delete?!

> >

> > If you really want to delete them, just put them on a key farm character right before you delete it, no need to type the item name then.

>

> I have no key farm character.

> All of my ten slots have characters I want to keep.

You could always turn them into Spirit Shards, then there is no need to type the name, and no worries about storage.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > I just collect a full stack of them and than delete them.

> > > > I still loath having to type the name to delete them though.

> > > >

> > > > Hey Arenanet, can we finally have some QoL in form of being able to opt out of having to type names to delete?!

> > >

> > > If you really want to delete them, just put them on a key farm character right before you delete it, no need to type the item name then.

> >

> > I have no key farm character.

> > All of my ten slots have characters I want to keep.

>

> You could always turn them into Spirit Shards, then there is no need to type the name, and no worries about storage.

I'm already drowning in spirit shards.

Constantly clicking through them to "consume them" is far, **far** more annoying then typing the name, which already is annoying.

Arenanet could simply implement an NPC so we can trade the tomes for something sellable.

Arenanet could also simply give them the vendor value of one copper to make it easier getting rid of them.

> Who clicks through them? Just sell bundles of them to Miyani.

I wonder why we bother saying this. It was said earlier in this thread and in multiple others on the subject and people just don’t get it.....

It’s almost like they would prefer to complain. ?

> Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

I've seen more that a few posts of people complaining that they don't have or get enough Spirit Shards. I haven't messed with using them much but I know they are used a lot by people who do high end crafting to make gold.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

>

> I've seen more that a few posts of people complaining that they don't have or get enough Spirit Shards. I haven't messed with using them much but I know they are used a lot by people who do high end crafting to make gold.

Most people who have been playing a while have far more than they need, even if they are crafting and selling leggies.

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

> >

> > I've seen more that a few posts of people complaining that they don't have or get enough Spirit Shards. I haven't messed with using them much but I know they are used a lot by people who do high end crafting to make gold.

>

> Most people who have been playing a while have far more than they need, even if they are crafting and selling leggies.

Then drop Spirit Banners for allies everywhere you go instead of just deleting things that are still useful.

@ OP: You can convert Tomes to Spirit Shards in bulk at Miyani.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

> > >

> > > I've seen more that a few posts of people complaining that they don't have or get enough Spirit Shards. I haven't messed with using them much but I know they are used a lot by people who do high end crafting to make gold.

> >

> > Most people who have been playing a while have far more than they need, even if they are crafting and selling leggies.

>

> Then drop Spirit Banners for allies everywhere you go instead of just deleting things that are still useful.

>

> @ OP: You can convert Tomes to Spirit Shards in bulk at Miyani.

I think you need to go back and re-read this thread.

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

> > > >

> > > > I've seen more that a few posts of people complaining that they don't have or get enough Spirit Shards. I haven't messed with using them much but I know they are used a lot by people who do high end crafting to make gold.

> > >

> > > Most people who have been playing a while have far more than they need, even if they are crafting and selling leggies.

> >

> > Then drop Spirit Banners for allies everywhere you go instead of just deleting things that are still useful.

> >

> > @ OP: You can convert Tomes to Spirit Shards in bulk at Miyani.

>

> I think you need to go back and re-read this thread.

Why? The OP doesn't seem to realize that ToKs can be converted in bulk with Miyani. Otherwise, why would he/she state "tons of clicking"?

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

> > > > >

> > > > > I've seen more that a few posts of people complaining that they don't have or get enough Spirit Shards. I haven't messed with using them much but I know they are used a lot by people who do high end crafting to make gold.

> > > >

> > > > Most people who have been playing a while have far more than they need, even if they are crafting and selling leggies.

> > >

> > > Then drop Spirit Banners for allies everywhere you go instead of just deleting things that are still useful.

> > >

> > > @ OP: You can convert Tomes to Spirit Shards in bulk at Miyani.

> >

> > I think you need to go back and re-read this thread.

>

> Why? The OP doesn't seem to realize that ToKs can be converted in bulk with Miyani. Otherwise, why would he/she state "tons of clicking"?

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > > > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > > > Why don't people convert them to boosters and gold instead of nearly useless Spirit Shards?

> > > > >

> > > > > I've seen more that a few posts of people complaining that they don't have or get enough Spirit Shards. I haven't messed with using them much but I know they are used a lot by people who do high end crafting to make gold.

> > > >

> > > > Most people who have been playing a while have far more than they need, even if they are crafting and selling leggies.

> > >

> > > Then drop Spirit Banners for allies everywhere you go instead of just deleting things that are still useful.

> > >

> > > @ OP: You can convert Tomes to Spirit Shards in bulk at Miyani.

> >

> > I think you need to go back and re-read this thread.

>

> Why? The OP doesn't seem to realize that ToKs can be converted in bulk with Miyani. Otherwise, why would he/she state "tons of clicking"?

He is asking to mass using them for level ups, not spirit shards.