Dhuumbringer, a elite-spec idea.

sorudo.9054

**Dhuumbringer**

the Dhuumbringer is based on devil may cry within the guild wars universe, focused on fast reflexes and easy movement with single target high damage attacks.

I didn’t want to make it to much like in devil may cry but it does give me a good baseline to focus on, improving where needed.

I mainly looked at Dante, tried to imagine him without the guns and only with the great-sword.

_**Elite spec mechanic:**_

Legendary avatar of Dhuum

_F2 skill: weapon rev-up_

The new F2 skill is based on the idea that it changes your battle stance with every avatar being different, this way you can change your style on the fly without a whole system change.

* Dhuum: improve precision for 5 seconds, gain quickness for 5 seconds

* Jarl: improve toughness for 5 seconds, gain stability for 5 seconds

* Assassin: improve power for 5 seconds, gain fury for 5 seconds

* Demon: improve ferocity for 5 seconds, gain might for 5 seconds

* Ventari: improve healing for 5 seconds, gain regeneration for 5 seconds

_**Weapon skills:**_

Skill 1: down slice-> up slice->side slice-> stab (gain quickness 1.5s) auto skill

Skill 2: bone slash-> flesh reaper-> soul maul

Skill 3: death's charge-> Thousand needles

Skill 4: death's draft (hold to charge, knockdown at full charge, 2 second for full charge)

Skill 5: tear of the underworld (pierce the sword in the ground, damage all adjusted)

_**Chain skills:**_

Skill 2 has a chain effect for skill 3,4 and 5, allowing you to combine skills to change the outcome of ever battle.

* Skill 3: (first chain skill 2: slash of judgement)

* Skill 4: (second chain skill 2: dhuum cleaver)

* Skill 5: (third chain skill 2: killing blow)

_**Specialization:**_

I based the specialization on three skill lines, trickster, swordmaster and royal guard, allowing you to play this spec in your own style.

_**Passive:**_

* Gain 2 second of quickness when you kill an enemy, this only occurs every 5 seconds

* Rev-up recharges 10% faster

* Switching avatar now recharges faster when using weapon skills successfully

_**Minor:**_

* Change dodge into blink, 25% less range but have 3 bars of adrenaline.

* Recharge weapon skills faster when using a great sword

* Gain protection for 3 seconds after dodge

_**Major:**_

* Increase the adrenaline recharge speed by 15%

* Movement skills removes movement impairing conditions

* Gain stability and retaliation when using a healing skill, does not stack

_**Grandmaster**:_

* Using chain skills recharges adrenaline by 2%

* Area of effect skills reach further

* Remove torment, vulnerability and slow when dodging, can only occur ones every 10 seconds

_**Utility skills:**_

* Healing: Tormentor's reach: for 5 seconds, you gain health instead of damage, heal for (.....)

* Utility 1: Teleport to target enemy, apply weakness.

* Utility 2: Convert 1 condition into quickness

* Utility 3: Gain aegis for 3 seconds, when you are damaged while aegis is still on you you gain protection for 3 seconds.

* Elite:Armor of Dhuum: change into the dhuum form gaining 60 base armor and resistance against fear.

I will leave it up to Anet to fill in the numbers to balancing it all out.

Any critics are welcome within reason, i want to tweak it to fit the game more but i do want to keep it in line of the concept.

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > Yet another "GS revenant e-spec"...

>

> It is the most requested elite spec weapon for revenant, it seems. Also the guy posting it is called sword, so what do you expect?

I hope for a bit of originality for once. And I've read "sorudo" as "sorudo", It didn't even happen to me that it was a weird way to say "sword".

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > Yet another "GS revenant e-spec"...

> >

> > It is the most requested elite spec weapon for revenant, it seems. Also the guy posting it is called sword, so what do you expect?

>

> I hope for a bit of originality for once. And I've read "sorudo" as "sorudo", It didn't even happen to me that it was a weird way to say "sword".

ソルド (sorudo) is one way how Japanese is pronouncing the English word sword.

I would personally prefer to give revenant another weapon, too. There are too many classes able to wield the greatsword already. But I understand if people like that weapon and want to see it on their main.

You really want a critic?

- **Dhuum:** To chose this as a legend when the game allow you to face against him in it's content is awkward.

- **F2:** The choice you made for the F2 isn't really exciting and inconsistent. Shiro is more mobility and critical hit than power and fury. Mallyx is mainly about condition damage, why would it have ferocity? Dhuum is a god of death and death, just like the necromancer, is slow, quickness don't make much sense there.

- **Chain skill:** It's an interesting mechanism but if it only work for GS it's worthless.

- **Traits:** Overall they don't strike me as representative of an e-spec related to a god of death.

- **Passive:** I assume those are the minor traits. First minor trait of a specialization usually introduce the special mechanism and legend (Here it would be the F2: stance? and Dhuum. Globally your traits, here, have to strong an effect, especially the 3rd.

- **Minor:** Those are called major traits. First minor doesn't make sense. 2nd minor is a wasted trait. 3rd minor is "ok".

- **Major:** Master trait. First major, 15% _endurance_ recharge (revenant isn't a warrior) is a bit weak for a trait. 2nd major is "ok, not really original but "ok" nonetheless. 3rd major The effects are "ok", not very fitting thematically but "ok".

- **Grandmaster:** First GM, not adrenaline, endurance! 2nd GM doesn't make sense. 3rd GM weak and globally too niche to be worse a GM spot.

- **heal:** Is it _infuse light_ 2.0?

- **Utility1:** Imo the weakness here is the closest thing to death since the start!

- **Utility2:** Well...

- **Utility3:** would have made a great trait.

- **Elite:** Resistance against fear... lol a good way to have an useless elite skill unless you face a necromancer in a PvP environment.

**Dhuum:** The ex-divinity fancy itself as death incarnate with a thematic of tracking and ineluctability. The main condition associated to this character is "burn" as opposed to grenth's chill. It's not something really represented in your e-spec suggestion.

**Dodge:** You often refer to the endurance with the word "adrenaline" which is the warrior's ressource. Your traitlines give the feeling that it's mainly a dodge spec. In general I'd say it's fine but _retribution_ already focus heavily on dodge, it will be hard to balance things out.

**The greatsword:** It's overloaded.

**F2:** It's bland and the traits don't even try to make it interesting when it's basically a signature skill of the spec.

**Conclusion:** All in all it lack a good thematic drive. The choice of the legend doesn't really match with the thematic behind skills or traits. The greatsword which is optional end up being where most of the attention is spent. All in all the whole of this e-spec step heavily on the area of expertise of shiro and is totally focused on countering the necromancer in small scale PvP squirmishes.

1: that they used Dhuum in a raid is the biggest mistake Anet made, it's a dead god and should be treated that way.

2: the whole elite spec is based on quickness, if you have any killed god that fits this you are welcome to suggest one.

3: i don't care if it's called endurance or adrenaline, you know what i mean so no need to correct it.

4: shiro is wrongly used, the skills are useless and the healing spell is all but ignorable.

5: i base the rev-up bonus according to what they are, not what GW has shown since GW2 isn't really GW. (and many don't consider it to be that)

i am honestly slightly upset, more that i first get BS about absolutely nothing and then you pretty much attack it straight on as if i just kicked you in your balls.

no improvement suggestions, no actual critics (because a legit critic isn't only negative), absolutely nothing useful.

Not a sceptre or Togo, so it's atleast original and not a "I want a ritualist"-specc.

I'm not sure if single-target high damage is the way to go with a new spec. Shiro already has that role with swords, which get stronger if the enemy is isolated. I think a focus on cleaving / aoe would fit a new specc.

Looks good, not another rit spec asking for more kalla. So point their.

Dhuum theme is good. Devs have already said that time lines dont matter to Rev. So this spec could be channeling dhuum from a different era with more domains under his control.

I dont like the elite much, maybe lifesteal instead?

As for ppl saying we dont need another good single target weapon. I disagree, we need a reason to stop camping sword / sword or remove staff from in perma static slot as 2nd weapon. This could be it.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> I hope for a bit of originality for once.

At this point, I'll take anything for Rev.

Rev has so little weapon options for Power builds it just sucks.

We really need more options for Power and Condi builds both.

Why would you tack Dhuum into an idea that just screams quick and greatsword.

And I don't think these match well.

A Dhuum-themed elite spec (one that actually is themed after him and doesn't just have his name tacked on) would fit a Necromancer better.

But then again, I can't see it happen, since it'd be to human-centric.

If you want a quic-quick-quick legends, Vizu or a prior Ash Legion imperator most-likely would be the best fit.

And daggers would fit much better than a greatsword that generally should be a slow weapon.

Your F2 seems like a budget Herald.

I'd rather have Revenant be reworked properly to turn away from such bandaids, rather than adding them in each elite spec again.

Herald as a boon-support spec is enough.