The RNG on the Mystic Clovers needs to GO AWAY

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > The RNG for clovers went away AGES ago with the reward tracks. Now we get them for free and are drowning in useless clovers we cant even sell :(

> >

> > If you mean the WvW reward tracks, yes, I agree you can get them that way, but for some of us, WvW is pure torture.

> "pure torture"... indeed.

> I find it really hard to empathize when the request is for a "non RNG" method of acquisition... then someone points out no less than three methods... and the response is hyperbole and over dramatization.

>

> The most efficient way to many shinies in this game will be via playing a variety of content and game modes then leveraging the rewards towards your goals.

> This is very clearly by design and impacts players of all three game modes.

> Ask that PvP player how they feel about the time commitment of having to complete all four HoT maps, (including one with a significant chunk locked behind a meta) and level a crafting discipline in order to make a Gen 2 Legendary.

> Ask a WvW player how they feel about the need for a stack of mystic coins when on a good day they earn 1/4 the gold per hour that you do in PvE.

>

> But yeah a reward track in WvW is "pure torture". Never mind that you can just do the easy dailies for the reward potions and earn a GoB without ever having to battle another player.

Just a note; While i do agree with you, a non RNG way of obtaining them in PVE(open world) That didnt require currencies, and only required time would be nice.

You can finish any WVW track without fighting another player if you pay attention. Ive gotten all my GOBS and ive rarely fought someone, hell i made it to rank..340? i think without fighting many players, its not hard.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Just a note; While i do agree with you, a non RNG way of obtaining them in PVE(open world) That didnt require currencies, and only required time would be nice.

Currencies=Time

Clearly there is not a "PVE(open world)" method of acquisition because part of crafting a Legendary has always involved participating in a breadth of content not just doing HoT metas repeatedly. The OW component of most Legendary crafting/collecting is more than adequately represented with the World Bosses, event chains, jumping puzzles and various sightseeing tasks. There does not need to be more incentive to play OW in the Legendary crafting process.

But in true Arenanet fashion you are given an option anyways:

Participate in more varied activities or participate in a gold/material sink that is available to all players regardless of their preferred content.

>You can finish any WVW track without fighting another player if you pay attention. Ive gotten all my GOBS and ive rarely fought someone, hell i made it to rank..340? i think without fighting many players, its not hard.

You sure can. You can load up on XP boosters,go find an empty BL and just cap camps and sentries.

You can dip in for 5 minutes and do quick dailies and save the potions (it only takes 80 for a GoB).

Or you know... you can play the game mode, which is a lot of fun, filled with great people and actually far less toxic than a lot of PvE.

Seems people are just making complaint threads all weekend. You can get them guaranteed from fractals (in exchange for mystic coin + ecto), the reward track chests from PvP/WvW (slowly) , and Wvw skirmish rewards may have them in the Mist-Warped bundle. If it's anything similar to Magic Warped Bundle there's ~4% chance of 2 clovers so you get an additional chance while doing LS3 reward tracks.

> @"TPMN.1483" said:

> **Buy **multiple accounts and get the daily logon bonus (which include clovers and mystic coins) send the mystic coins to your main account.

300 per day? You are welcome. Clovers a acc bound. So it work only for mystic coins. But it is good idea!!

No, it doesn't.

The rate is 1 out of 3 as it's been since the release of the game, and it's not a bad one actually.

The only problem is that the new legendaries (2nd gen) requires a stack more than the old ones (1st gen), and that's why the mystic coins are so pricy.

That's not a problem of rng, but of supply and demand.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"TPMN.1483" said:

> > **Buy **multiple accounts and get the daily logon bonus (which include clovers and mystic coins) send the mystic coins to your main account.

> 300 per day? You are welcome. Clovers a acc bound. So it work only for mystic coins. But it is good idea!!

If making legenderies use an alt account when it’s clovers are full from daily’s then send to your main account.

> @"Kronos.3695" said:

> No, it doesn't.

this is mmo game. First try find part of sarcasm on each post.

> @"TPMN.1483" said:

> If making legenderies use an alt account when it’s clovers are full from daily’s then send to your main account.

Main idea - you can get everything if play. So let it be.

> @"chrispy.7182" said:

> 30 attempts, I only have 3 Clovers......

> I'm not happy.

I really understand you. One out of 10 is far away from the 33% chance stated officially.

> @"pninak.1069" said:

> but you get t6 mats if you fail to get one. so it can be worth it to fail the recipe multiple times to gain t6 mats easier. this is esspecially the case for the 10 clover recipe, where the chance to fail to get a clover is over 2/3. for 1 clover you normally get 1 clover in four tries on average.

If you do the math you will see that the materials received from a failed MC attempt are far less valuable than the value of the materials used. This is not a valid way of obtaining T6 materials - promoting materials to T6 using the classic way or even buying is more effective - but a compensation for the loss. Even ANet accepted that the method is a way to waste resources and introduced this "compensation". Please, don't try to tell to the others that this is an excellent exchange.

> @"yoni.7015" said:

> You can buy two clovers a day in the fractals hub.

This post is not how you can buy Mystic Clovers. But how ridiculous is the RNG involved in the acquisition. BTW - the fractal way is relatively new. In the beginning you had only the Mystic Forge method. And it was always a ridiculous one.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> The RNG for clovers went away AGES ago with the reward tracks. Now we get them for free and are drowning in useless clovers we cant even sell :(

No, the RNG for clovers is still here. Did you ever try the Mystic Forge? But, if the situation for you is as you state - "Now we get them for free and are drowning in useless clovers" - then:

1. You spend all your time in WvW.

2. Theoretically, you cannot craft any legendary item (armor / weapon / trinkets) because you need a lot of other materials. And you don't have the time to achieve them - you spend all your time in WvW.

3. With this, you should open a new post, asking for the possibility to sell the Clovers.

Because, "drowning" in Clovers, in my opinion means you have **thousands** of them. Thousands of Clovers, at a rate of 2 per reward track can be interpreted as **thousands** of tracks completed. At an average rate of 6 hours per track (not +8 without boosters, but not +4 full buffed) this means **around 10 thousand hours** spend only in WvW. So, this is the reason I said you spend all your time in WvW.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> This post is not how you can buy Mystic Clovers. But how ridiculous is the RNG involved in the acquisition.

This thread is very much about non-RNG methods of acquiring Mystic Clovers.

The OP says the "RNG must go away"

It was then pointed only one method of acquisition involves the mystic forge.

best way to get them easy is daily clovers in fractals and doing reward tracks. there are some that yield 7 or more, but can't be repeated. but that means you have to play a bit of wvw daily. It is one of the reasons I do some dailies in wvw. and ofc log-in rewards.

If only every piece of content and reward were available to all players by doing the content that _they_ prefer. Sadly, that isn't representative of reality in any way, shape or form.

Currently you can buy 2 Clovers per day from the fractal vendor. They are also guaranteed rewards from WvW and PvP reward tracks.

But you don't like WvW, PvP or Fractals? That's unfortunate, but that doesn't change the reality that Clovers are accessible through multiple paths in this game. That a player chooses to not utilize them is an issue with the player, not the game.

> But yeah a reward track in WvW is "pure torture". Never mind that you can just do the easy dailies for the reward potions and earn a GoB without ever having to battle another player.

I didn't say it was hard or difficult or impossible. I know how it works. For whatever reasons, I just plain hate WvW. Also PvP but that's another story. I don't know why it's so hard for someone to comprehend that there are parts of the game that certain players hate. I've completed several WvW tracks for the rewards but hated every minute of it. Do I wish I felt differently? Sure. But I don't.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

>

> > But yeah a reward track in WvW is "pure torture". Never mind that you can just do the easy dailies for the reward potions and earn a GoB without ever having to battle another player.

>

> I didn't say it was hard or difficult or impossible. I know how it works. For whatever reasons, I just plain hate WvW. Also PvP but that's another story. I don't know why it's so hard for someone to comprehend that there are parts of the game that certain players hate. I've completed several WvW tracks for the rewards but hated every minute of it. Do I wish I felt differently? Sure. But I don't.

Oh I see... not hard, not difficult, not impossible.

But "pure torture".

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

>

> I don't know why it's so hard for someone to comprehend that there are parts of the game that certain players hate. I've completed several WvW tracks for the rewards >but hated every minute of it. Do I wish I felt differently? Sure. But I don't.

It isn't hard to comprehend at all. If you don't enjoy WvW or PvP, then don't play those game modes. You can still get mystic clovers for free every 28 days, as well as buying 2 per day from the fractal vendor......and you can also just gamble for them in the magic toilet which is accessible to ALL players, as it requires no time or skill, just gold, which anyone can acquire by swiping a credit card.

WvW/PvP is the cheapest method to obtaining clovers, and you said you choose to avoid that route, so I don't understand the complaints about the alternative routes being too expensive given this is your choice.

>

> > But yeah a reward track in WvW is "pure torture". Never mind that you can just do the easy dailies for the reward potions and earn a GoB without ever having to battle another player.

>

> I didn't say it was hard or difficult or impossible. I know how it works. For whatever reasons, I just plain hate WvW. Also PvP but that's another story. I don't know why it's so hard for someone to comprehend that there are parts of the game that certain players hate. I've completed several WvW tracks for the rewards but hated every minute of it. Do I wish I felt differently? Sure. But I don't.

And as a WvW roamer that spends about 1-2h every day in WvW (or longer), I spent about 2h this weekend doing Dragonfall bosses+keyfarm+bosses again because I accidentally ended up in the thick of it and it went with a good commander at breakneck speed so I thought what the heck might as well try it.

*Pure torture*.

I dont want to see PvE for a month now, but unfortunetly Anet gonna shove it down our throats in short order.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> And as a WvW roamer that spends about 1-2h every day in WvW (or longer), I spent about 2h this weekend doing Dragonfall bosses+keyfarm+bosses again because I accidentally ended up in the thick of it and it went with a good commander at breakneck speed so I thought what the heck might as well try it.

>

> *Pure torture*.

>

> I dont want to see PvE for a month now, but unfortunetly Anet gonna shove it down our throats in short order.

Be fair, that's not quite the same thing, as you can just farm the Dragonfall Reward Track.

Gift of Exploration / Gift of Jungle Mastery / Gift of Desert Mastery - those are the WvW/sPvP rebuttal points ;)

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> You can finish any WVW track without fighting another player if you pay attention. Ive gotten all my GOBS and ive rarely fought someone, hell i made it to rank..340? i think without fighting many players, its not hard.

I wish that I had your luck. I can't spend much time in WvW without getting ganked. I hate that mode which is why I don't play it.

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> >

> > > But yeah a reward track in WvW is "pure torture". Never mind that you can just do the easy dailies for the reward potions and earn a GoB without ever having to battle another player.

> >

> > I didn't say it was hard or difficult or impossible. I know how it works. For whatever reasons, I just plain hate WvW. Also PvP but that's another story. I don't know why it's so hard for someone to comprehend that there are parts of the game that certain players hate. I've completed several WvW tracks for the rewards but hated every minute of it. Do I wish I felt differently? Sure. But I don't.

> Oh I see... not hard, not difficult, not impossible.

> But "pure torture".

> Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

What part of "extremely unpleasant to play for me" do you just not get? I don't like the maps, the mechanics, any of it, but I do sweat it out to get what I want and I'm not asking to be given anything. Obviously at this point you're being deliberately obtuse, so enjoy what you think is your superior wit.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > And as a WvW roamer that spends about 1-2h every day in WvW (or longer), I spent about 2h this weekend doing Dragonfall bosses+keyfarm+bosses again because I accidentally ended up in the thick of it and it went with a good commander at breakneck speed so I thought what the heck might as well try it.

> >

> > *Pure torture*.

> >

> > I dont want to see PvE for a month now, but unfortunetly Anet gonna shove it down our throats in short order.

>

> Be fair, that's not quite the same thing, as you can just farm the Dragonfall Reward Track.

>

> Gift of Exploration / Gift of Jungle Mastery / Gift of Desert Mastery - those are the WvW/sPvP rebuttal points ;)

Nowhere near the same amount of loot though and cash is king when you're building legendaries.

> > > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > >

> > > > But yeah a reward track in WvW is "pure torture". Never mind that you can just do the easy dailies for the reward potions and earn a GoB without ever having to battle another player.

> > >

> > > I didn't say it was hard or difficult or impossible. I know how it works. For whatever reasons, I just plain hate WvW. Also PvP but that's another story. I don't know why it's so hard for someone to comprehend that there are parts of the game that certain players hate. I've completed several WvW tracks for the rewards but hated every minute of it. Do I wish I felt differently? Sure. But I don't.

> > Oh I see... not hard, not difficult, not impossible.

> > But "pure torture".

> > Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

>

> What part of "extremely unpleasant to play for me" do you just not get? I don't like the maps, the mechanics, any of it, but I do sweat it out to get what I want and I'm not asking to be given anything. Obviously at this point you're being deliberately obtuse, so enjoy what you think is your superior wit.

Have you tried edge of the mist?

its pretty dead so kinda like a pve map of wvw and Im sure you still get points towards gift of battle there.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > You can finish any WVW track without fighting another player if you pay attention. Ive gotten all my GOBS and ive rarely fought someone, hell i made it to rank..340? i think without fighting many players, its not hard.

> I wish that I had your luck. I can't spend much time in WvW without getting ganked. I hate that mode which is why I don't play it.

@"kharmin.7683" . If you are going to Desert Borderlands and reading the maps correctly to judge enemy movements and still getting ganked near constantly, there maybe other problems.

Avoiding enemy players can be a bit of skill in itself but it really isn't a hard one to learn. If you are on NA and either on Jade Quarry or our link, feel free to shoot me a message in game and I would be happy to give you some pointers.

It doesn't have to be a misery and it's rarely a question of luck.

Just play fractals. Not only does it sell clovers, but you can get a bunch of gold to allow you to buy any material you need. You also get mystic coins for doing CMs.

Also you need WvW for a Gift of Battle anyways; the track also rewards clovers. Just do dailies for the reward potions and leave. Some such as veteran slayer or big spender don't require you to go far from spawn.