Time to enforce decorum harshly.

Players get aggravated, and of course, some will vent.

But, then the attacks single down on individuals, that player has gone too far.

The old thought may very well be, "it's pvp, grow thicker skin".

Sorry, but no.

It is indeed a competitive environment.

But, you notice when sports/athletes use profanity over and over at each other, it tends to get physical, and ultimately penalties or even removal from games?

So, there should not be an exception in e-sports, or video game competitions.

Don't really see any "personal" trash talking and insults that include profanity when I watch e-sports, or smash, tekken, street fighter competitions otherwise.

I propose that the hammer really come down to the incivil players plaguing pvp.

First offense 24hours, then week, then month, then permanent.

Really do not need these kind of players in pvp.

PvP can grow when you eliminate toxic behavior.

Imagine being a new player, (a real new player), trying to learn the ropes only to have a crusty failed mmr veteran taking out their anger on you.

(thick skins aside), you gonna leave.

Additionally, when you action AFK players, I hope you will use a coefficient of 2 for all of the previous punishments.

What is the criteria?

Repetitive harassive beratement from one player onto another over trivial and non-instigated issues.

Example:

p1: you are a complete idiot!

p2: huh?

P1: trash, (kitten-kitten) idiot , go back to pve

p2: what did i even do?

p3: leave him alone, dude...

p1: both of you should go kill yourself....

p1: i reported both of you for botting, so bad.

P2: what?, i'm going to block you....

p1: go ahead.....

p2: blocked

p1: (trys to whisper) (blocking you message appears).

p1: logs into an alt (whispers p2: "you are a loser, who blocks over petty (kitten), little (kitten))

p1:(blocks p2), (logs out feeling satisfied)

yeah, so we could al live without p1.

no need for the 21 steps to recovery.

we come here to chill and spend rwm on gems.

don't ruin your income for some grand thought that a (no-slap) will lead to this individuals recovery.

put them in the corner with the cone cap on.

I concur. Among fighting games it usually does not devolve into personal attacks and it's a standard we should try to hold. One could make an argument that "tea bagging" in games is almost akin to saying "you are my Bit-kitten, and I will do with you as I please." But even that is nebulous enough as a taunt to not imply any exact meaning.

There should be some level of professionalism the higher up the chain you go. I know fighting games really like to throw shade and use that psychological advantage, But personally I feel if you can only win by angering your opponent, well then I question how good you actually are; because I doubt you'll repeat the feat once they close communication, and if it's turned to your team you only serve to ensure your own loss.

I may be biased. I do contact combat martial arts (IRL PVP lol) and respecting your opponent has always been a big thing. Also I've always been way more fond of the scene for Starcraft players, where matches are purely about the plays, and players who get reprimanded for bad manners (if maybe to a overly harsh degree, Ryuung shouldn't have gotten flack for saying "imba imba imba"... [when in fact it was true]).

There is the argument that in fighting games creating villans like this is what draws viewership, but as it stands GW2's viewership barely considers that. Rivalries are very one sided in this game, and as such are uninteresting to a majority of players. Plus that's not even accounting for the other flaws of view-ability. So frankly there is no reason to preserve that here.

That said, the block button exists for a reason. You can also appear offline, forcing the player to have to out their salt in /map or /say for all to see, or waste their time sending you mail. But none of this solves the issue among teams.

However, if anyone circumvents blocks by getting on an alt or having their friends message you that is 100% Harassment and you can make a valid claim of them breaking the ToS. At that point I wouldn't make a normal in game report though, I'd submit a ticket with screenshots.

**[Places hand on the ground]**

"Something....terrible happened here. So many lives lost..."

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> don't ruin your income for some grand thought that a (no-slap) will lead to this individuals recovery.

> put them in the corner with the cone cap on.

Basically this. The people who have the mindset that allows them to behave like this are going to be less negatively affected by a vacation/the threat of a vacation than the people they whisper.

The internet has been abused by crazy people for a decade now since there's 0 punishment for being abusive and horrible to others. No game company seems to care so it's only going to get worse.

BTW a politician had to @ Blizzard on twitter about a classic wow player who made a KKK cult and was posting in game RP black slave pics on twitter to make Blizzard do something about it.

I don’t think people know the block feature exists. Block and umm you don’t have to see any text from a player that is mad. Are we now going to punish people that say things in the heat of the moment especially when there is a block feature? Come on guys.

The system that would fix this is already implemented in the game, it just needs a tweak and few boxes ticked: dishonor.

Exponential increase of dishonor stacks from the first insult and onwards. Much harsher times that the afk on Q pops dishonor.

See how much they really want the right to trash talk instead of play.

You can't insult players in real sports. You'll get penalized. Why not here?

Do not try to make me laugh even suggesting block lists. What? You see players wear earplugs to avoid hearing being treated of monkeys? No, nor should they do so. You penalize and remove the authors from the scene.

The block feature is a thing, no one is entitled enough to call for "enforce of decorum", it sounds pretty ridiculous haha. Besides, what are you gonna do? Ban them if they are rude or hurt your feelings?

Also, please

stop

writing

this.

Thank you.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Players get aggravated, and of course, some will vent.

>

> But, then the attacks single down on individuals, that player has gone too far.

>

> The old thought may very well be, "it's pvp, grow thicker skin".

>

> Sorry, but no.

>

> It is indeed a competitive environment.

>

> But, you notice when sports/athletes use profanity over and over at each other, it tends to get physical, and ultimately penalties or even removal from games?

>

> So, there should not be an exception in e-sports, or video game competitions.

>

> Don't really see any "personal" trash talking and insults that include profanity when I watch e-sports, or smash, tekken, street fighter competitions otherwise.

>

> I propose that the hammer really come down to the incivil players plaguing pvp.

>

> First offense 24hours, then week, then month, then permanent.

>

> Really do not need these kind of players in pvp.

>

> PvP can grow when you eliminate toxic behavior.

>

> Imagine being a new player, (a real new player), trying to learn the ropes only to have a crusty failed mmr veteran taking out their anger on you.

>

> (thick skins aside), you gonna leave.

>

> Additionally, when you action AFK players, I hope you will use a coefficient of 2 for all of the previous punishments.

>

> What is the criteria?

>

> Repetitive harassive beratement from one player onto another over trivial and non-instigated issues.

>

> Example:

>

> p1: you are a complete idiot!

> p2: huh?

> P1: trash, (kitten-kitten) idiot , go back to pve

> p2: what did i even do?

> p3: leave him alone, dude...

> p1: both of you should go kill yourself....

> p1: i reported both of you for botting, so bad.

> P2: what?, i'm going to block you....

> p1: go ahead.....

> p2: blocked

> p1: (trys to whisper) (blocking you message appears).

> p1: logs into an alt (whispers p2: "you are a loser, who blocks over petty (kitten), little (kitten))

> p1:(blocks p2), (logs out feeling satisfied)

>

> yeah, so we could al live without p1.

>

> no need for the 21 steps to recovery.

>

> we come here to chill and spend rwm on gems.

>

> don't ruin your income for some grand thought that a (no-slap) will lead to this individuals recovery.

>

> put them in the corner with the cone cap on.

>

+1

Toxicity consists of 3 factors

1. Tools/Elements/Design

2. Behavior

3. Environment

Crab Fear, without dealing with all three factors, Toxicity remain unaffected

Guild Wars 2-PvP, WvW consists of all three Toxic Factors and the only solution to tackle Toxicity is to deal with Toxic Design, Toxic Behavior and Toxic Environment at the same time without exception

Anet is known for making exception to the rule especially when it consists of what Professions should be nerfed or not.....of having more conditions, more stealths, more teleports, more Broken builds, more Broken Mechanics, more Broken designs than other Professions and what Profession should be excluded of years of continuation from severe nerfs- Thief/Mesmer Professions remain the two most Broken/Bad Design Professions since Guild Wars 2 alpha/beta 9, 8 years.....of them all and are prevented of being redesign, rework for the health of the game

EXCEPTIONS, EXCEPTIONS, EXCEPTIONS ARE WRITTEN EVERYWHERE IN BALANCE PATCHES!!!'

MAKING EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE IS WHAT KEEP THE GAME AT ITS TOXIC STATE AND PREVENTING IT OF BEING A HEALTHY COMPETITIVE GAME EXPERIENCE!!

-by the way, when i asked Toxic Professions players why they are behaving Toxic, they all respond with the same answer, 'because i can and Anet does not care about how broken (this certain Profession is)...go play (this certain profession or get the kitten off the game)go and see for yourself...laugh lol, lul and dance around dead players including myself'-

so there

![](https://i.imgur.com/UWFVRQ9.jpg "")

It is Anet Responsibility, Duty.....to give their community players healthy competitive tools, healthy competitive environment....resulting in encouraging healthy competitive behaviors. To those who attempt to defy the Rule would certainly be met alongside with Toxicity with severe Punishment

**WITHOUT HAVING ANY EXCEPTIONS!!!**

> @"xWiroo.3841" said:

> The block feature is a thing, no one is entitled enough to call for "enforce of decorum", it sounds pretty ridiculous haha. Besides, what are you gonna do? Ban them if they are rude or hurt your feelings?

>

> Also, please

> stop

> writing

> like

> this.

>

> Thank you.

Its a sentence per line.

Standthewall is that you?

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> ironic that OP, someone who both talks trash & afks all game would make this thread

>

> i sincerely hope none of you ever have to be on the same team as OP

it would be ironic if there was truth to your claim.

I get the feeling your forum account and game account main are not the same.