8 years and we still cant hide Personal Story from the UI

I have already done all the story in my main character, I dont need to be reminded of the story when I am playing my alts.

Disabling the content guide in the interface options doesn't hide** the annoying green text on top of my screen.**

Whats infuriating is that its such a simple thing to do and people have been asking for this since the begging of the game... cant a dev take 5 minutes of their time to add a working toggable option in the options menu?

I've been really hoping the Dynamic HUD will get updates to allow more specific options. What we've got now is a nice start but so many things are lumped together that many of the options are useless to me, and this is top of the list. I'd love to be able to hide achievement tracking completely unless I'm actually doing achievements, or hide the story when I'm not planning on doing it any time soon, or hide a big meta event which fills the entire side of the screen if I'm only in the area to do the story and don't care about the event. But the all or nothing option we have is useless to me because hiding things I don't want to see means hiding stuff I do want too.

It's the same with other options too. I tried hiding the skill bar out of combat but didn't like that it hides my buffs so I can't keep track of things like boosters, and hides the XP bar. I'd like those to be separate options.

Ideally I'd like more options than just 'in combat' or 'out of combat'. I'd love the chat box to work like in Elder Scrolls Online where it's hidden when no one is talking but reappears when something is said. I know we can sort-of do that by minimising it so the box is hidden and only the text is visible, but without the dark background it can be hard to read so I end up having to click on it any time I want to actually read it. Similarly I'd like to be able to hide/show my health bar separately from the skill bar, and have it shown whenever my health is below 100% even if I'm out of combat.

> @"aaron.7850" said:

> I have already done all the story in my main character, I dont need to be reminded of the story when I am playing my alts.

>

> Disabling the content guide in the interface options doesn't hide** the annoying green text on top of my screen.**

>

> Whats infuriating is that its such a simple thing to do and people have been asking for this since the begging of the game... cant a dev take 5 minutes of their time to add a working toggable option in the options menu?

It seems to work fine for me.

![](https://i.imgur.com/K2Ra5jK.jpg "")

ETA: I take it back, that only worked because of the character's level. That is a bit of a nuisance.