What I would do if I had wintraded myself a title

> @"Happy Yes.1453" said:

> Like god of pvp title for example. I would not use the title for a long time, so people would make less of a fuss about it. This would then optimise my chances of arenanet not investigating it thoroughly. Just an idea I had.

didnt some unnamed female weeabu character warrior that is anonymus wintrade, got banned and didnt even lose the rewards?

is what I heard lul

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"Happy Yes.1453" said:

> > Like god of pvp title for example. I would not use the title for a long time, so people would make less of a fuss about it. This would then optimise my chances of arenanet not investigating it thoroughly. Just an idea I had.

>

> didnt some unnamed female weeabu character warrior that is anonymus wintrade, got banned and didnt even lose the rewards?

> is what I heard lul

Kept the rewards, their acct, and still play, iirc.

> didnt some unnamed female weeabu character warrior that is anonymus wintrade, got banned and didnt even lose the rewards?

> is what I heard lul

3 month suspension I think it was. They kept all the rewards. They still play and create content for the game.

They probably won't do it again though, i'm sure they learned their lesson.

Kappa

> @"rng.1024" said:

> Why the salt? You can do the same if you really want. If not this is just needless badgering of someone who put more effort into the game than you.

Because you can't, it's actually against the rules. I imagine people are salty because the punishments aren't always fair. Someone on EU got banned for wintrading and boosting over 5 dozen different account and they and all the accounts involved were perma banned like they should be.

Yet there's people who do the exact same thing; albeit on a smaller scale than 5 dozen different accounts, and they get a 3-month suspension + they get to keep their Ranked titles.

And again, you cannot do the same. It isn't allowed. That type of misinformation will get people in trouble because most people don't have the clout to avoid the ban hammer.

It's also a bit disingenuous to say that someone actually cheating is putting in more effort than anyone else...

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > > @"Happy Yes.1453" said:

> > > Like god of pvp title for example. I would not use the title for a long time, so people would make less of a fuss about it. This would then optimise my chances of arenanet not investigating it thoroughly. Just an idea I had.

> >

> > didnt some unnamed female weeabu character warrior that is anonymus wintrade, got banned and didnt even lose the rewards?

> > is what I heard lul

>

> Kept the rewards, their acct, and still play, iirc.

Oi, at least we can still make fun of him, and his cringy "girl" squad

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > Why the salt? You can do the same if you really want. If not this is just needless badgering of someone who put more effort into the game than you.

>

> Because you can't, it's actually against the rules. I imagine people are salty because the punishments aren't always fair. Someone on EU got banned for wintrading and boosting over 5 dozen different account and they and all the accounts involved were perma banned like they should be.

>

> Yet there's people who do the exact same thing; albeit on a smaller scale than 5 dozen different accounts, and they get a 3-month suspension + they get to keep their Ranked titles.

>

> And again, you cannot do the same. It isn't allowed. That type of misinformation will get people in trouble because most people don't have the clout to avoid the ban hammer.

>

> It's also a bit disingenuous to say that someone actually cheating is putting in more effort than anyone else...

You still can do it and risk the consequences just the same. Only anet decides what the repercussions will be.

Everyone should know it's against the ToS by now, but they have the title we don't - clearly they put more effort into actually getting it.

Your issue is with anet being unfair, it's the same as yelling at the bread for tasting bad when you really should go to the baker.

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > Why the salt? You can do the same if you really want. If not this is just needless badgering of someone who put more effort into the game than you.

>

> money = effort i guess ;p

People still play PvP for money?.. :p

> @"rng.1024" said:

> > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > Why the salt? You can do the same if you really want. If not this is just needless badgering of someone who put more effort into the game than you.

> >

> > money = effort i guess ;p

>

> People still play PvP for money?.. :p

people still pay money for pvp

> @"rng.1024" said:

> > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > Why the salt? You can do the same if you really want. If not this is just needless badgering of someone who put more effort into the game than you.

> >

> > Because you can't, it's actually against the rules. I imagine people are salty because the punishments aren't always fair. Someone on EU got banned for wintrading and boosting over 5 dozen different account and they and all the accounts involved were perma banned like they should be.

> >

> > Yet there's people who do the exact same thing; albeit on a smaller scale than 5 dozen different accounts, and they get a 3-month suspension + they get to keep their Ranked titles.

> >

> > And again, you cannot do the same. It isn't allowed. That type of misinformation will get people in trouble because most people don't have the clout to avoid the ban hammer.

> >

> > It's also a bit disingenuous to say that someone actually cheating is putting in more effort than anyone else...

>

> You still can do it and risk the consequences just the same. Only anet decides what the repercussions will be.

>

> Everyone should know it's against the ToS by now, but they have the title we don't - clearly they put more effort into actually getting it.

>

> Your issue is with anet being unfair, it's the same as yelling at the bread for tasting bad when you really should go to the baker.

your logic is ... ahh... what?

In your opinion effort = money? so if i play 121 games and buy me the title its more effort than playing 300 games and try to win fair?

and i dont get what your argument is... You like wintraders? You dont like it when people complain about it?

or are you a guy like: Oh there is a que @ the shop. i dont care i will go in front. And when asked why you dont respect rules/manners you say: "You can just do the same, not my fault that you are a decent humen being. "

> @"JorKadeen.3846" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > > Why the salt? You can do the same if you really want. If not this is just needless badgering of someone who put more effort into the game than you.

> > >

> > > Because you can't, it's actually against the rules. I imagine people are salty because the punishments aren't always fair. Someone on EU got banned for wintrading and boosting over 5 dozen different account and they and all the accounts involved were perma banned like they should be.

> > >

> > > Yet there's people who do the exact same thing; albeit on a smaller scale than 5 dozen different accounts, and they get a 3-month suspension + they get to keep their Ranked titles.

> > >

> > > And again, you cannot do the same. It isn't allowed. That type of misinformation will get people in trouble because most people don't have the clout to avoid the ban hammer.

> > >

> > > It's also a bit disingenuous to say that someone actually cheating is putting in more effort than anyone else...

> >

> > You still can do it and risk the consequences just the same. Only anet decides what the repercussions will be.

> >

> > Everyone should know it's against the ToS by now, but they have the title we don't - clearly they put more effort into actually getting it.

> >

> > Your issue is with anet being unfair, it's the same as yelling at the bread for tasting bad when you really should go to the baker.

>

> your logic is ... ahh... what?

>

> In your opinion effort = money? so if i play 121 games and buy me the title its more effort than playing 300 games and try to win fair?

> and i dont get what your argument is... You like wintraders? You dont like it when people complain about it?

>

> or are you a guy like: Oh there is a que @ the shop. i dont care i will go in front. And when asked why you dont respect rules/manners you say: "You can just do the same, not my fault that you are a decent humen being. "

>

My logic is the robber will get out of the shop before me no matter what because his method is more efficient than mine.

I don't care for wintraders, but it's been proven several times that it can be achieved without any wintrading whatsoever - if you are good enough at the game.

I also believe the final responsibility lies with the developers. Thoughout this game's history it's been shown that if there is a loophole someone will use it. No need to be envious here because someone took a risk when you didn't.

This is the same argument as duo q was a few seasons back. Some people wanted "real" competition and opted to not use the tools available to them. Did these people do better while it was disabled in high elo? Not at all, showing that it didn't really matter.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > didnt some unnamed female weeabu character warrior that is anonymus wintrade, got banned and didnt even lose the rewards?

> > is what I heard lul

>

> 3 month suspension I think it was. They kept all the rewards. They still play and create content for the game.

>

> They probably won't do it again though, i'm sure they learned their lesson.

> Kappa

Why do it again they already got all the rewards they can from it.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> > @"JorKadeen.3846" said:

> > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > > > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > > > Why the salt? You can do the same if you really want. If not this is just needless badgering of someone who put more effort into the game than you.

> > > >

> > > > Because you can't, it's actually against the rules. I imagine people are salty because the punishments aren't always fair. Someone on EU got banned for wintrading and boosting over 5 dozen different account and they and all the accounts involved were perma banned like they should be.

> > > >

> > > > Yet there's people who do the exact same thing; albeit on a smaller scale than 5 dozen different accounts, and they get a 3-month suspension + they get to keep their Ranked titles.

> > > >

> > > > And again, you cannot do the same. It isn't allowed. That type of misinformation will get people in trouble because most people don't have the clout to avoid the ban hammer.

> > > >

> > > > It's also a bit disingenuous to say that someone actually cheating is putting in more effort than anyone else...

> > >

> > > You still can do it and risk the consequences just the same. Only anet decides what the repercussions will be.

> > >

> > > Everyone should know it's against the ToS by now, but they have the title we don't - clearly they put more effort into actually getting it.

> > >

> > > Your issue is with anet being unfair, it's the same as yelling at the bread for tasting bad when you really should go to the baker.

> >

> > your logic is ... ahh... what?

> >

> > In your opinion effort = money? so if i play 121 games and buy me the title its more effort than playing 300 games and try to win fair?

> > and i dont get what your argument is... You like wintraders? You dont like it when people complain about it?

> >

> > or are you a guy like: Oh there is a que @ the shop. i dont care i will go in front. And when asked why you dont respect rules/manners you say: "You can just do the same, not my fault that you are a decent humen being. "

> >

>

> My logic is the robber will get out of the shop before me no matter what because his method is more efficient than mine.

>

> I don't care for wintraders, but it's been proven several times that it can be achieved without any wintrading whatsoever - if you are good enough at the game.

>

> I also believe the final responsibility lies with the developers. Thoughout this game's history it's been shown that if there is a loophole someone will use it. No need to be envious here because someone took a risk when you didn't.

>

> This is the same argument as duo q was a few seasons back. Some people wanted "real" competition and opted to not use the tools available to them. Did these people do better while it was disabled in high elo? Not at all, showing that it didn't really matter.

that is understandable for me. thank you

Don't see any solid problem in this. I play mmo game long time, and sure that impossible in **any** mmo game be top50 without some "logic hack". It can be win-trade, or something another, may be more permitted, sometime not more, but it should be.

Also, if player not use whisper chat to trade, but like most use skype/ts/discord/(no matter what but not game chat) to prove that is was win-trade impossible.

Just keep and see, and understood, this title like at item on TP, whit some rng. After this it will be more easy.

@"Happy Yes.1453" said:

> Like god of pvp title for example. I would not use the title for a long time, so people would make less of a fuss about it.

no one worry. People who play not first week also understand this, and know what all top is have some "black side". We have same, but more clear, on raid sellers and etc. So relax.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> I also believe the final responsibility lies with the developers. Thoughout this game's history it's been shown that if there is a loophole someone will use it. No need to be envious here because someone took a risk when you didn't.

And developers make it as ideal responsibility: Top get only titles, most of then not give AP, just zero ap + title. If someone a normal gold/silver player and not use wintrade the most rewards a valid. I remember we sell arena point on wow, because some people can't buy item without special rank. But in gw2 you can cfrat pvp leg set on cupper rank. No one feel very hurt, and very small value see reason support black market to push and get titles. So responsibility is accepted.

> This is the same argument as duo q was a few seasons back. Some people wanted "real" competition and opted to not use the tools available to them. Did these people do better while it was disabled in high elo? Not at all, showing that it didn't really matter.

This is only "some people". Most of them take this as rule and don't worry. For someone it also can be good point to hype, but I don't think that all worried about this.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > I don't care for wintraders

>

> It's literally rigging a competition.

If this was chess sure, but it's not. It's a team based mode where you not only have to play a minimum number of games, but you risk losing more rating and gaining less by playing off-hours rather than prime time.

You want to know how they can do it? They end a season as high as they can. They get lucky in placements which are a mixed bag. Then they play as little as possible with a duo to maintain that rating.

The first 2 steps are crucial, and most people complaining would still not even be close to their starting rating regardless. All wintrading does is give you an edge against those that are **better than you**, which is why wintrading only is effective in really high elo. Since this applies to 0,01% of the population, it also means that 99,99% of the population wouldn't place higher even if there was no wintrading whatsoever.

> @"lare.5129" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > I also believe the final responsibility lies with the developers. Thoughout this game's history it's been shown that if there is a loophole someone will use it. No need to be envious here because someone took a risk when you didn't.

> And developers make it as ideal responsibility: Top get only titles, most of then not give AP, just zero ap + title. If someone a normal gold/silver player and not use wintrade the most rewards a valid. I remember we sell arena point on wow, because some people can't buy item without special rank. But in gw2 you can cfrat pvp leg set on cupper rank. No one feel very hurt, and very small value see reason support black market to push and get titles. So responsibility is accepted.

>

> > This is the same argument as duo q was a few seasons back. Some people wanted "real" competition and opted to not use the tools available to them. Did these people do better while it was disabled in high elo? Not at all, showing that it didn't really matter.

> This is only "some people". Most of them take this as rule and don't worry. For someone it also can be good point to hype, but I don't think that all worried about this.

>

>

Fair points. It only really affects the top 100 on the leaderboard, so it doesn't make sense that people below has an issue with it. Case in point - who wintrades just to get to plat 1? Nobody.

Funny how all it takes to counter wintrading in this game is for players to queue off-hours.