Tapping Keep - What's reasonable to you guys?

Baine.9650

> @"Samug.6512" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

> >

> > Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> > With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

> >

> > There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

> >

> > Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

> The point is, building a ballista, a catapult, even getting a dune roller, requires **effort**. Contesting keeps and objectives would require **effort**. Now it is **effortless**.

Warclaw does make it effortless. But then again having a tier 3 waypointed keep used to require **effort**, whilst now its entirely automated.

I'm fine with effortlessly built waypoints being effortlessly easy to contest.

Tit for tat.

Edit: Anet censoring expressions lol

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"aspirine.6852" said:

> > Contest only when there are at least 20 of your server in the area.

> > Players alone should not contest keeps, siege should but only after damaging. Not throwing a few blueprints, that is just lazy programming.

> So anything below 20 players will never be able to take a waypointed keep, since enemies just need to spot them once and then can waypoint into it at will?

>

> Hm.

>

> Well I guess people do love their zergs.

Of course they can, use siege. Or do you suggest 10 people start swining swords at the door?

> @"Samug.6512" said:

> > I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

> >

> > Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> > With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

> >

> > There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

> >

> > Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

>

> Can you guys explain to me how is this different from what we have now?

>

> The point is, building a ballista, a catapult, even getting a dune roller, requires **effort**. Contesting keeps and objectives would require **effort**. Now it is **effortless**. You still can build a ballista to shoot a wall every 3 minutes, or a cata to damage a wall. I can do it right now to contest enemy t3 Bay. But I don't do it, because all I have to do is **get close to a gate on my mount, throw a lance and do a quick 180 before even getting hit**.

And what you still are not understanding is that you can ignore swords more often than not currently. Increasing the amount of effort required to tag is going to increase the potential to really troll the defenders on a map which in turn will increase the effort for them. I get it, this idea is more about people wanting to use those waypoints so they can flip the south camps for daily without having to run from garrison. Just realize that a roamer that wants to troll can and will make the lives of map defenders absolutely miserable with this proposed change.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can not permanently block a keep waypoint with one player attacking the guards. There will always be 30 uncontested seconds between two attempts.

I do believe you can Perma contest.

Not that I have done it.....,,.,,.,.

?

I raise my hand as a keep tapper. Simple reasoning, if I am on my scourge and I legit get killed (which is ok, and encouraged) and either siege is dropped upon my corpse or jumping occurs (not ok and childish), you betcha I am on a mission to keep your keep tapped for a good two hours while I browse my phone. Water taps for green, ruins taps for blue, or stealth taps in the corner for red. Tit for a tat.

Btw, use stealth traps please. You will prevent folks like me if you use the tricks and traps as needed.

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > @"Samug.6512" said:

> > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

> > > >

> > > > Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> > > > With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

> > > >

> > > > There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

> > > >

> > > > Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

> > >

> > > Can you guys explain to me how is this different from what we have now?

> > >

> > > The point is, building a ballista, a catapult, even getting a dune roller, requires **effort**. Contesting keeps and objectives would require **effort**. Now it is **effortless**. You still can build a ballista to shoot a wall every 3 minutes, or a cata to damage a wall. I can do it right now to contest enemy t3 Bay. But I don't do it, because all I have to do is **get close to a gate on my mount, throw a lance and do a quick 180 before even getting hit**.

> >

> > And what you still are not understanding is that you can ignore swords more often than not currently. Increasing the amount of effort required to tag is going to increase the potential to really troll the defenders on a map which in turn will increase the effort for them. I get it, this idea is more about people wanting to use those waypoints so they can flip the south camps for daily without having to run from garrison. Just realize that a roamer that wants to troll can and will make the lives of map defenders absolutely miserable with this proposed change.

>

> I'm sorry you make no sense. You can't even build siege by yourself so this troll going to make 2 trips to damage the walls then we check kill the cata and hes back to having to make 2 trips while not being able to also tag every tower in the area just by running by. We basically check towers/keeps that dudes running by while flipping camps on a BL so no if it was siege damage it wouldn't be worse then now. I say both kill guards and siege damage because if only siege damage then responses would be too quick. Now and any change someone still going to check bay/hills everytime it's contested

I can build a piece of siege faster than you can scout it and break it and I will still have time to flip objectives while you are doing so. If you even find the siege....

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

>

> Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

>

> There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

>

> Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

If they buff inner walls, this would be fights inside keeps, just like Raymond Lukes wants there to be. Make him happy - agree with him. Then he can make the game how he likes it and the players can shut up with their inane gibberish about "better" and "cool".

**World of Raycraft** is INEVITABLE!

> > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > @"Samug.6512" said:

> > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> > > > > > With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can you guys explain to me how is this different from what we have now?

> > > > >

> > > > > The point is, building a ballista, a catapult, even getting a dune roller, requires **effort**. Contesting keeps and objectives would require **effort**. Now it is **effortless**. You still can build a ballista to shoot a wall every 3 minutes, or a cata to damage a wall. I can do it right now to contest enemy t3 Bay. But I don't do it, because all I have to do is **get close to a gate on my mount, throw a lance and do a quick 180 before even getting hit**.

> > > >

> > > > And what you still are not understanding is that you can ignore swords more often than not currently. Increasing the amount of effort required to tag is going to increase the potential to really troll the defenders on a map which in turn will increase the effort for them. I get it, this idea is more about people wanting to use those waypoints so they can flip the south camps for daily without having to run from garrison. Just realize that a roamer that wants to troll can and will make the lives of map defenders absolutely miserable with this proposed change.

> > >

> > > I'm sorry you make no sense. You can't even build siege by yourself so this troll going to make 2 trips to damage the walls then we check kill the cata and hes back to having to make 2 trips while not being able to also tag every tower in the area just by running by. We basically check towers/keeps that dudes running by while flipping camps on a BL so no if it was siege damage it wouldn't be worse then now. I say both kill guards and siege damage because if only siege damage then responses would be too quick. Now and any change someone still going to check bay/hills everytime it's contested

> >

> > I can build a piece of siege faster than you can scout it and break it and I will still have time to flip objectives while you are doing so. If you even find the siege....

>

> Yeah but not faster then I can contest every area just by running by on my warclaw like now and I will find the siege by checking from the damaged walls like even trebs from long distances like the camp you can hit air from isn't going to become easier it will be the same. Contesting is always faster then scouting and way easier to troll contest now. You still have to make 2 trips to build the siege where now no siege required and you aggro guards so again you making no sense.

However, the two of you together are quite effective.

Not saying you, but many people chalk up swords as a ‘tap’ when they see someone aggroing guards.

That’s when you need to look a little closer.

And honestly? Give me a tower with watchtower...

So much lazy scouting lol.

> > > > > @"Samug.6512" said:

> > > > > > I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> > > > > > With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can you guys explain to me how is this different from what we have now?

> > > > >

> > > > > The point is, building a ballista, a catapult, even getting a dune roller, requires **effort**. Contesting keeps and objectives would require **effort**. Now it is **effortless**. You still can build a ballista to shoot a wall every 3 minutes, or a cata to damage a wall. I can do it right now to contest enemy t3 Bay. But I don't do it, because all I have to do is **get close to a gate on my mount, throw a lance and do a quick 180 before even getting hit**.

> > > >

> > > > And what you still are not understanding is that you can ignore swords more often than not currently. Increasing the amount of effort required to tag is going to increase the potential to really troll the defenders on a map which in turn will increase the effort for them. I get it, this idea is more about people wanting to use those waypoints so they can flip the south camps for daily without having to run from garrison. Just realize that a roamer that wants to troll can and will make the lives of map defenders absolutely miserable with this proposed change.

> > >

> > > I'm sorry you make no sense. You can't even build siege by yourself so this troll going to make 2 trips to damage the walls then we check kill the cata and hes back to having to make 2 trips while not being able to also tag every tower in the area just by running by. We basically check towers/keeps that dudes running by while flipping camps on a BL so no if it was siege damage it wouldn't be worse then now. I say both kill guards and siege damage because if only siege damage then responses would be too quick. Now and any change someone still going to check bay/hills everytime it's contested

> >

> > I can build a piece of siege faster than you can scout it and break it and I will still have time to flip objectives while you are doing so. If you even find the siege....

>

> Yeah but not faster then I can contest every area just by running by on my warclaw like now and I will find the siege by checking from the damaged walls like even trebs from long distances like the camp you can hit air from isn't going to become easier it will be the same. Contesting is always faster then scouting and way easier to troll contest now. You still have to make 2 trips to build the siege where now no siege required and you aggro guards so again you making no sense.

And still you are not getting it,

its about how swords are perceived as @"Strider Pj.2193" has pointed out. If they even bothered to make the suggested change it would alter how swords are perceived. Anytime you would see swords you would HAVE to respond because it is siege weapon damage. Currently you can just "oh it was just someone tagging it, I will go if it recontests". I don't mind if this change goes through, but just realize you could be making more of a headache for the defender with the right crazy minded enemy roamer on the map. I've had crazy mentality in the past when people start dropping golems in the camps and defending with 5mans vs little ole me I WILL get obnoxious. I doubt that I am the only one that goes crazy mode.

> @"ullahhallu.8762" said:

> people who constantly tag keep(s) are just some of the most saltiest players there is, their paper server couldnt win the matchup so they resort to this tactic

Nah with me its just retribution for bad sportsmanship. Also I don't gank players, or target them. Enough taps, and they call for roamers to hide and seek with me which sometimes I win at it, sometimes I lose at it. I don't even desiege keeps if I do tapping. And honestly, its a good tactic, if you are on the defense, and you need to slow the enemy path back to where you are defending, tapping that wp can turn the tide of battle.

> > > > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > > > @"Samug.6512" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> > > > > > > > With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Can you guys explain to me how is this different from what we have now?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The point is, building a ballista, a catapult, even getting a dune roller, requires **effort**. Contesting keeps and objectives would require **effort**. Now it is **effortless**. You still can build a ballista to shoot a wall every 3 minutes, or a cata to damage a wall. I can do it right now to contest enemy t3 Bay. But I don't do it, because all I have to do is **get close to a gate on my mount, throw a lance and do a quick 180 before even getting hit**.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And what you still are not understanding is that you can ignore swords more often than not currently. Increasing the amount of effort required to tag is going to increase the potential to really troll the defenders on a map which in turn will increase the effort for them. I get it, this idea is more about people wanting to use those waypoints so they can flip the south camps for daily without having to run from garrison. Just realize that a roamer that wants to troll can and will make the lives of map defenders absolutely miserable with this proposed change.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm sorry you make no sense. You can't even build siege by yourself so this troll going to make 2 trips to damage the walls then we check kill the cata and hes back to having to make 2 trips while not being able to also tag every tower in the area just by running by. We basically check towers/keeps that dudes running by while flipping camps on a BL so no if it was siege damage it wouldn't be worse then now. I say both kill guards and siege damage because if only siege damage then responses would be too quick. Now and any change someone still going to check bay/hills everytime it's contested

> > > >

> > > > I can build a piece of siege faster than you can scout it and break it and I will still have time to flip objectives while you are doing so. If you even find the siege....

> > >

> > > Yeah but not faster then I can contest every area just by running by on my warclaw like now and I will find the siege by checking from the damaged walls like even trebs from long distances like the camp you can hit air from isn't going to become easier it will be the same. Contesting is always faster then scouting and way easier to troll contest now. You still have to make 2 trips to build the siege where now no siege required and you aggro guards so again you making no sense.

> >

> > And still you are not getting it,

> > its about how swords are perceived as @"Strider Pj.2193" has pointed out. If they even bothered to make the suggested change it would alter how swords are perceived. Anytime you would see swords you would HAVE to respond because it is siege weapon damage. Currently you can just "oh it was just someone tagging it, I will go if it recontests". I don't mind if this change goes through, but just realize you could be making more of a headache for the defender with the right crazy minded enemy roamer on the map. I've had crazy mentality in the past when people start dropping golems in the camps and defending with 5mans vs little ole me I WILL get obnoxious. I doubt that I am the only one that goes crazy mode.

>

> But if the change was made it would only be siege damage so when they att bay they can't go tap garry w/o siege and bay and hills wouldn't get contested 15 times a day by camp flippers and we wouldn't have to check those too. You say it would be easier to troll I disagree. I don't get how you think this crazy troller would have an easier time building siege to tap multiple things then now but you just keep going down the rabbit hole. And sure Strider as the always with his amazing imput yes if two crazy tappers teamed up we could tappity tap twice as much stuff. W/o fail everytime hills is contested someone /hills? in map so someone gotta go

If the defender can't find the siege...

first we usually call it "tagging" not tapping, but yeah.

i think it should be only happening **if siege damage hits a gate/wall** yes, and keep active if down until it gets closed again or while the inner guards are in battle. current thing with "1 guy runs there and hits something and bam tagged" is not really dope.

/// btw i also don't think Dragonbrand is most hated server. on EU i've never even heard the name. (which makes it obvious that it's a NA server, ik)

> > > > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Samug.6512" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I don't think you guys are understanding my meaning,

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Right now its a scenario of "hey guys its ok because I was fighting someone near guards".

> > > > > > > > > > With the siege damage only change it would be the scenario that whenever an objective gets swords it will be "get there now its being attacked!".

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > There will be people building sneaky ballistas just to pop off a shot on an obscure wall section and then going on their way to flip camps while people respond to the swords. Or as @"Turkeyspit.3965" mentioned, the guy in the duneroller tagging EVERYTHING for the next 15 minutes. This is not about someone trying to solo an objective, its about tagging stuff for the distraction/lols.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Then in this thread I saw someone say "95% or lower" which is even worse. Literally the walls will be down by the time the first people show up to defend, after seeing swords, if its like 4-5 superior catas or something.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Can you guys explain to me how is this different from what we have now?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The point is, building a ballista, a catapult, even getting a dune roller, requires **effort**. Contesting keeps and objectives would require **effort**. Now it is **effortless**. You still can build a ballista to shoot a wall every 3 minutes, or a cata to damage a wall. I can do it right now to contest enemy t3 Bay. But I don't do it, because all I have to do is **get close to a gate on my mount, throw a lance and do a quick 180 before even getting hit**.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And what you still are not understanding is that you can ignore swords more often than not currently. Increasing the amount of effort required to tag is going to increase the potential to really troll the defenders on a map which in turn will increase the effort for them. I get it, this idea is more about people wanting to use those waypoints so they can flip the south camps for daily without having to run from garrison. Just realize that a roamer that wants to troll can and will make the lives of map defenders absolutely miserable with this proposed change.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm sorry you make no sense. You can't even build siege by yourself so this troll going to make 2 trips to damage the walls then we check kill the cata and hes back to having to make 2 trips while not being able to also tag every tower in the area just by running by. We basically check towers/keeps that dudes running by while flipping camps on a BL so no if it was siege damage it wouldn't be worse then now. I say both kill guards and siege damage because if only siege damage then responses would be too quick. Now and any change someone still going to check bay/hills everytime it's contested

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can build a piece of siege faster than you can scout it and break it and I will still have time to flip objectives while you are doing so. If you even find the siege....

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah but not faster then I can contest every area just by running by on my warclaw like now and I will find the siege by checking from the damaged walls like even trebs from long distances like the camp you can hit air from isn't going to become easier it will be the same. Contesting is always faster then scouting and way easier to troll contest now. You still have to make 2 trips to build the siege where now no siege required and you aggro guards so again you making no sense.

> > > >

> > > > And still you are not getting it,

> > > > its about how swords are perceived as @"Strider Pj.2193" has pointed out. If they even bothered to make the suggested change it would alter how swords are perceived. Anytime you would see swords you would HAVE to respond because it is siege weapon damage. Currently you can just "oh it was just someone tagging it, I will go if it recontests". I don't mind if this change goes through, but just realize you could be making more of a headache for the defender with the right crazy minded enemy roamer on the map. I've had crazy mentality in the past when people start dropping golems in the camps and defending with 5mans vs little ole me I WILL get obnoxious. I doubt that I am the only one that goes crazy mode.

> > >

> > > But if the change was made it would only be siege damage so when they att bay they can't go tap garry w/o siege and bay and hills wouldn't get contested 15 times a day by camp flippers and we wouldn't have to check those too. You say it would be easier to troll I disagree. I don't get how you think this crazy troller would have an easier time building siege to tap multiple things then now but you just keep going down the rabbit hole. And sure Strider as the always with his amazing imput yes if two crazy tappers teamed up we could tappity tap twice as much stuff. W/o fail everytime hills is contested someone /hills? in map so someone gotta go

> >

> > If the defender can't find the siege...

>

> Yup if somehow you can hide your cata in the bushes and I can't find it or just sit on the damaged wall and wait 3 min for you to come back and toss a couple vollys then oh wait all I have to do now is come back to any spot with guards double leap by um run and contested. You still can only tap from that 1 spot where I can warclaw aggro bay from north south west and get someone to go check. Now you can also hide half built siege outside hills in some spots and a guard will shoot arrows into the wall perma contest which sometimes can be hard to notice not like a big effin cata but ok I give up

I didn't say it wasn't bs currently,

I said making it siege damage only is not going to be much better when people get wise. It's trading one problem for another.

I always found keep tapping BS.

I'll say, if yu wanna keep tap, change it so that yu need at least one player in constant combat with a guard to keep it tapped, and keep goes back to untapped the moment combat ends.

Tapping for like 1 second to contest for several minutes is bs.

I always liked the idea that waypoints should be a limited use tactics, like emergency waypoints. You can use them to help speed up your reinforcements but then you lose the ability to use them defensively.

And, because slotting temporary waypoints could be made more common (and last for longer durations), I’d add in the ability to build a waypoint disruptor as a siege weapon. Make it cheap but easy to destroy. Must be manned to maintain the effect.

Why not just take the question of waypoints out of the “contested” equation entirely? It might even make slotting WP’s in towers a way to reinforce keeps that are being disrupted.

> @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> first we usually call it "tagging" not tapping, but yeah.

>

> i think it should be only happening **if siege damage hits a gate/wall** yes, and keep active if down until it gets closed again or while the inner guards are in battle. current thing with "1 guy runs there and hits something and bam tagged" is not really dope.

>

> /// btw i also don't think Dragonbrand is most hated server. on EU i've never even heard the name. (which makes it obvious that it's a NA server, ik)

augury rock is well known for tagging keeps