Things are quiet...too quiet

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> This "quietness" that I've noticed has nothing to do with the game itself. I mean the forums. Is it just me, or are there fewer active discussions, with fewer responses?

Not that I can see.

Do bear in mind an extra subforum was created and so general will look sparser because all living world stuff was moved there, but in general it seems as heaving as always

There are still many people who are playing the game and I don't think that the ingame playerbase is affected as it is in the forums.

IMO, What happens here is that players started to lose hope for any signifiant improvements and bug fixes due to the lack of communication from Anet after the 2019 layoffs.

On the other hands , I think that Anet managed to make classes more balanced than before. This is why we don't see so many complains about class X being completely broken or useless.

I guess it depends on where you look.

Bearing in mind, the recently added "Living World" subforum, which not only hosts new threads about LW but also had a large chunk of LW related threads from General Discussion moved into it.

Profession subforums are... Soso... Maintaining a small amount of activity (I guess many people have given up hope of ANet remembering that they exist, much less read them)

General Discussion still sees a moderate amount of discussion, though of course reduced now that LW stuff no longer gets posted there.

PvP/WvW subforums are still full of tears, as always.

I agree that adding the Living World section might have created the impression that the forum is less active by splitting out a lot of topics that would normally go in general discussion. It's possible there's also less activity overall, but as other people have said there doesn't actually seem to be a drop in activity in-game, and considering a lot of people only come to the forum when they're either frustrated with the game or when they want to play but can't that might simply reflect that people are busy playing instead of posting here.

(Although it's also hard for me to judge because I've definitely been coming here less, and playing less. I _finally_ got a Switch and Breath of the Wild so that's been taking up a lot of my free time. But I'm sure that will be tempoary.)

> @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> Yeah, the New Post page is almost all WvW and PvP. Not sure where everyone else is. Maybe they are all playing?

Yea and both pvp and wvw are the same handful of posters lol. Also I think the gw2 reddit page numbers are off, says 2k community and 5 online yet u go to ff14 and its 364k community and 5k online, no way gw2 numbers are that low, population isn't booming but no way thats right lol.

I think it's mostly due to the new forums subpage for new releases/living story/whatever. Discusions about the latest patch used to fill the general discusion subpage but they have their dedicated page and all that's left for general discusion are the weekly tengu/"gaem ded"/subscription fee/fishing threads et al.

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> I think it's mostly due to the new forums subpage for new releases/living story/whatever. Discusions about the latest patch used to fill the general discusion subpage but they have their dedicated page and all that's left for general discusion are the weekly tengu/"gaem ded"/subscription fee/fishing threads et al.

And let's not forget housing =)

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > Yeah, the New Post page is almost all WvW and PvP. Not sure where everyone else is. Maybe they are all playing?

>

> Yea and both pvp and wvw are the same handful of posters lol. Also I think the gw2 reddit page numbers are off, says 2k community and 5 online yet u go to ff14 and its 364k community and 5k online, no way gw2 numbers are that low, population isn't booming but no way thats right lol.

There was maybe a bug when you saw the reddit numbers because those numbers are indeed very low (are you sure you were looking gw2 main reddit?).

At this point in time:

WOW: 6.3k online

FF14: 4.8k online

ESO: 1.9k online

GW2: 1.3k online

GW2 with some other popular mmorpgs on reddit

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > > Yeah, the New Post page is almost all WvW and PvP. Not sure where everyone else is. Maybe they are all playing?

> >

> > Yea and both pvp and wvw are the same handful of posters lol. Also I think the gw2 reddit page numbers are off, says 2k community and 5 online yet u go to ff14 and its 364k community and 5k online, no way gw2 numbers are that low, population isn't booming but no way thats right lol.

>

> There was maybe a bug when you saw the reddit numbers because those numbers are indeed very low (are you sure you were looking gw2 main reddit?).

> At this point in time:

> WOW: 6.3k online

> FF14: 4.8k online

> ESO: 1.9k online

> GW2: 1.3k online

>

> GW2 with some other popular mmorpgs on reddit

That looks better lol, knew it couldn't be right.

> @"Zoid.2568" said:

> People are playing the game and not playing the forums.

>

> We can assume WoW and FF14 are worse games as their players rather hang around on the forums than playing their games.

Bahahahaha yeah or we could assume wow and ff have 3x+ the players that are interested and invested enough in those games to spend non gaming time on learning about said games.

Guess the pvp section has same 10 posters cuz population is high and are busy as we speak in matches :)

But who knows u could be right.

> > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > People are playing the game and not playing the forums.

> >

> > We can assume WoW and FF14 are worse games as their players rather hang around on the forums than playing their games.

>

> Bahahahaha yeah or we could assume wow and ff have 3x+ the players that are interested and invested enough in those games to spend non gaming time on learning about said games.

> Guess the pvp section has same 10 posters cuz population is high and are busy as we speak in matches :)

> But who knows u could be right.

He is right.

> > @"Tukaram.8256" said:

> > Yeah, the New Post page is almost all WvW and PvP. Not sure where everyone else is. Maybe they are all playing?

>

> Yea and both pvp and wvw are the same handful of posters lol. Also I think the gw2 reddit page numbers are off, says 2k community and 5 online yet u go to ff14 and its 364k community and 5k online, no way gw2 numbers are that low, population isn't booming but no way thats right lol.

That's because of three reasons: there is a lot more to complain about with FFXIV, FF has more versions, and they have a gear treadmill so you have all the changing best in slot discussions.

Here, moving the LW stuff has definitely made this look less populated.

> @"Obliviscaris.6937" said:

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > > @"Zoid.2568" said:

> > > People are playing the game and not playing the forums.

> > >

> > > We can assume WoW and FF14 are worse games as their players rather hang around on the forums than playing their games.

> >

> > Bahahahaha yeah or we could assume wow and ff have 3x+ the players that are interested and invested enough in those games to spend non gaming time on learning about said games.

> > Guess the pvp section has same 10 posters cuz population is high and are busy as we speak in matches :)

> > But who knows u could be right.

>

> He is right.

Not even close. No one truly could believe such obvious nonsense lmao. That's like saying products that produce less interest outside of itself are more popular lol so if a really popular game had a very popular and successful set of novels written after it due to popularity of the game is ACTUALLY not accurate as it truly means the players would rather read the novels then play the game, that's absolutely ridiculous. I hope ur joking but I fear ur not.

By the way ur tag name is a great band though prob not the reference lol