Ascended/Legendary Essence of Luck, please.

Can we get a recipe for Artificer to refine exotic luck into Ascended and or Legendary quality? Many including myself can't bare to destroy them because "they'll get a use one day". If the legendary Essence was to take 50,000 luck per item, that would be a whole stack of exotic essences per item and mean luck would essentially only take up one spot in the bank. Either that or make it a crafting material and let us save 1500 that way.

I think you put the finger on one of the reasons they will not be doing that. There would be a small group of people who would be able to instantly dominate/abuse/race to first the "new use" of Luck. And then there would be a much larger group who storm the forums telling Anet they have been deleting their luck for years now, so where's my compensation?

Even if the new use is something account bound, it just spells trouble and (perceived) unequality. I guess we just have to be glad that we have at least some use for it during Lunar New Year. (for a whopping 40 exotic lucks)

Edit: Your crafting suggestion could be something though. Though you have sort of the same problem. If the recipes use few Luck, people like us would never got rid of enough Luck and it would be useless. If the recipe uses a LOT of luck, and the finished product is sellable, prices would skyrocket and people like us would rule the market for this product. If the finished product is account bound, others with less Luck would feel left out.

Maybe make it part of some Food recipe that isn't too overpowering?

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> I think you put the finger on one of the reasons they will not be doing that. There would be a small group of people who would be able to instantly dominate/abuse/race to first the "new use" of Luck. And then there would be a much larger group who storm the forums telling Anet they have been deleting their luck for years now, so where's my compensation?

>

> Even if the new use is something account bound, it just spells trouble and (perceived) unequality. I guess we just have to be glad that we have at least some use for it during Lunar New Year. (for a whopping 40 exotic lucks)

I think you missed the point.

What Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 is saying is:

He is unwilling to destroy his Luck essences believing they might be useful at some point in the future, but well aware they will never be. **What he is asking for is to be able to stack them beyond exotic level to legendary so that Luck stacks take up less space.**

The only issue here is the ability in exchanging Luck during Lunar New year would increase. Then again, the return there is negligible.

I do not think that is his point. A single stack of exotics will last you for 6 Lunar New Years. He wants to stack Legendary Luck worth up to millions of Luck. Why would he want that if not for the slight chance of it becoming useful in other ways in the future?

If he truly believes they will never be used for anything else, then just keep 40 Exotic lucks(single stack) in the bank for Lunar New Year and delete the rest. Which is what I am doing. (well, I am not since they might increase the Luck cost for the Tyria Vouchers though probably not through the roof, see above, equality and such).

> @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> I do not think that is his point. A single stack of exotics will last you for 6 Lunar New Years. He wants to stack Legendary Luck worth up to millions of Luck. Why would he want that if not for the slight chance of it becoming useful in other ways in the future?

>

> If he truly believes they will never be used for anything else, then just keep 40 Exotic lucks(single stack) in the bank for Lunar New Year and delete the rest. Which is what I am doing. (well, I am not since they might increase the Luck cost for the Tyria Vouchers though probably not through the roof, see above, equality and such).

I think you missed the part where since last Lunar New Year you can exchange Luck for minor amounts of Silver, and there is no cap on that.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > I do not think that is his point. A single stack of exotics will last you for 6 Lunar New Years. He wants to stack Legendary Luck worth up to millions of Luck. Why would he want that if not for the slight chance of it becoming useful in other ways in the future?

> >

> > If he truly believes they will never be used for anything else, then just keep 40 Exotic lucks(single stack) in the bank for Lunar New Year and delete the rest. Which is what I am doing. (well, I am not since they might increase the Luck cost for the Tyria Vouchers though probably not through the roof, see above, equality and such).

>

> I think you missed the part where since last Lunar New Year you can exchange Luck for minor amounts of Silver, and there is no cap on that.

Yea I used up like 15 stacks last lunar newyear.

Just do something with them because its a chore to have to delete them everytime you salvage your inventory, or use up 4 slots on every character devoted to them so that you can just delete stacks once when they hit 250.

How about just make them function differently as a consumable? If you consume before your account MF is maxed out, it adds to that as they do now, but if you consume them after you are capped at max account MF, then they just stack duration of a MF booster? Each quality level adds a separate length of time, negating the need to refine them or store them. You can just use them up after every salvage all and gain some benefit.

As it is now, you are basically punished with inventory wars once you hit max MF.

• 2 months later...