Ranger greatsword

Tazer.2157

Lack of sustained damage : check

Long cd : check

Huge warnings : check

The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

Conclusion ?

L2P issue : check

Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

> @"aymnad.9023" said:

> Lack of sustained damage : check

> Long cd : check

> Huge warnings : check

> The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> Conclusion ?

> L2P issue : check

>

Please do tell us all about the "long" cooldowns. Maybe with some numbers, and the numbers for comparable skills on other classes.

We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > Lack of sustained damage : check

> > Long cd : check

> > Huge warnings : check

> > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > Conclusion ?

> > L2P issue : check

> >

>

> Please do tell us all about the "long" cooldowns. Maybe with some numbers, and the numbers for comparable skills on other classes.

>

> We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

Feel free to check all the meta builds to have an idea of how it plays out compared to those and you will realize something ranger (or warrior btw) do not have compared to all of them. Additional skills / transforms. All the metabuilds have way more skills. So try to feel smart if you want you know ranger will be tied way more to the cds. (+ high predictability).

> @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > Lack of sustained damage : check

> > > Long cd : check

> > > Huge warnings : check

> > > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > > Conclusion ?

> > > L2P issue : check

> > >

> >

> > Please do tell us all about the "long" cooldowns. Maybe with some numbers, and the numbers for comparable skills on other classes.

> >

> > We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

>

> Feel free to check all the meta builds to have an idea of how it plays out compared to those and you will realize something ranger (or warrior btw) do not have compared to all of them. Additional skills / transforms. All the metabuilds have way more skills. So try to feel smart if you want you know ranger will be tied way more to the cds. (+ high predictability).

>

Do you mean like these?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulbeast

Or were you more referring to these?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Avatar

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > > Lack of sustained damage : check

> > > > Long cd : check

> > > > Huge warnings : check

> > > > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > > > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > > > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > > > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > > > Conclusion ?

> > > > L2P issue : check

> > > >

> > >

> > > Please do tell us all about the "long" cooldowns. Maybe with some numbers, and the numbers for comparable skills on other classes.

> > >

> > > We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

> >

> > Feel free to check all the meta builds to have an idea of how it plays out compared to those and you will realize something ranger (or warrior btw) do not have compared to all of them. Additional skills / transforms. All the metabuilds have way more skills. So try to feel smart if you want you know ranger will be tied way more to the cds. (+ high predictability).

> >

>

> Do you mean like these?

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulbeast

>

> Or were you more referring to these?

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Avatar

>

You mean those ridiculous cds or requirements ? This time you might have to be the one giving a comparison

We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

> @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > > > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > > > Lack of sustained damage : check

> > > > > Long cd : check

> > > > > Huge warnings : check

> > > > > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > > > > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > > > > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > > > > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > > > > Conclusion ?

> > > > > L2P issue : check

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Please do tell us all about the "long" cooldowns. Maybe with some numbers, and the numbers for comparable skills on other classes.

> > > >

> > > > We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

> > >

> > > Feel free to check all the meta builds to have an idea of how it plays out compared to those and you will realize something ranger (or warrior btw) do not have compared to all of them. Additional skills / transforms. All the metabuilds have way more skills. So try to feel smart if you want you know ranger will be tied way more to the cds. (+ high predictability).

> > >

> >

> > Do you mean like these?

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulbeast

> >

> > Or were you more referring to these?

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Avatar

> >

>

> You mean those ridiculous cds or requirements ? This time you might have to be the one giving a comparison

> We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

>

>

Ah right, yeah, Beastmode has such a long cooldown. So long. So much longer than Tomes. And it has so many requirements! It's so much harder to get into beastmode than Reaper shroud. You have to do...... and build up........ ! And then of course there's the problem of over-heating in beastmode.

Wauw, I never thought about it like that before.

I don't even think Ranger is a problem, I just enjoy your weak arguments :)

> @"aymnad.9023" said:

> ...

> Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

>

Where was this argument born from (Ive seen it before)? It is in no way unique to ranger GS.

Most melee attacks are 130 range as standard. autos on GS are 130 range.

However Maul is 220, hilt bash is 300.

I dont see warriors arguing that their attacks are "countered by opponent moving away", yet most of their attacks are 130 range.

> @"Markri.9475" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > ...

> > Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

> >

> Where was this argument born from (Ive seen it before)? It is in no way unique to ranger GS.

> Most melee attacks are 130 range as standard. autos on GS are 130 range.

> However Maul is 220, hilt bash is 300.

> I dont see warriors arguing that their attacks are "countered by opponent moving away", yet most of their attacks are 130 range.

Hilt bash 300 will miss on moving target. Same for swoop even if it has a long range.

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > > > @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> > > > > > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > > > > > Lack of sustained damage : check

> > > > > > Long cd : check

> > > > > > Huge warnings : check

> > > > > > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > > > > > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > > > > > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > > > > > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > > > > > Conclusion ?

> > > > > > L2P issue : check

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Please do tell us all about the "long" cooldowns. Maybe with some numbers, and the numbers for comparable skills on other classes.

> > > > >

> > > > > We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

> > > >

> > > > Feel free to check all the meta builds to have an idea of how it plays out compared to those and you will realize something ranger (or warrior btw) do not have compared to all of them. Additional skills / transforms. All the metabuilds have way more skills. So try to feel smart if you want you know ranger will be tied way more to the cds. (+ high predictability).

> > > >

> > >

> > > Do you mean like these?

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulbeast

> > >

> > > Or were you more referring to these?

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Avatar

> > >

> >

> > You mean those ridiculous cds or requirements ? This time you might have to be the one giving a comparison

> > We promise not to laugh. No, seriously.

> >

> >

>

> Ah right, yeah, Beastmode has such a long cooldown. So long. So much longer than Tomes. And it has so many requirements! It's so much harder to get into beastmode than Reaper shroud. You have to do...... and build up........ ! And then of course there's the problem of over-heating in beastmode.

>

> Wauw, I never thought about it like that before.

>

> I don't even think Ranger is a problem, I just enjoy your weak arguments :)

Funny how you avoid the point :smiley: but keep dodging I enjoy it.

I am sure a necro will struggle to build lf to get multiple viable skills with decent cds and I am also sure lf disappears on downstate like CA or has the same cd.

What is the most impressive the amount of defenses it has. It would be fine if they reverted October 01 changes, so that rangers do not have a full 3s block followed by a knockback that also gives 3/4s of clunky evade frame (that can be abused to trigger twice ...) on a single skill. They can increase the damage dealt by this weapon to compensate for the "defense loss".

> @"aymnad.9023" said:

> Lack of sustained damage : check

> Long cd : check

> Huge warnings : check

> The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> Conclusion ?

> L2P issue : check

>

> Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

>

It does not matter. No other weapon in the game has this much utility. Couple this with the recently changed protect me. A skill that breaks stuns, grants protection and a barrier of 3,973 on top of it. It becomes ridiculously difficult to take down a ranger. The ranger GS and the protect me skills transforms a DPS ranger into a tank with DPS. Not a good thing! The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one.

> @"Tazer.2157" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > Conclusion ?

> >

> >

>

> It does not matter. No other weapon in the game has this much utility. Couple this with the recently changed protect me. A skill that breaks stuns, grants protection and a barrier of 3,973 on top of it. It becomes ridiculously difficult to take down a ranger. The ranger GS and the protect me skills transforms a DPS ranger into a tank with DPS. Not a good thing! The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one.

I semi do agree for the utility part. Gs does offer a lot. But does it really do more than what most professions can have with main + off hand weapons? Is’nt it more predictable and easier to avoid?

You can see that ranger weapons are not used for dps or utility they provide in tournament because they are easy to counter + ranger does not have any team synergy but instead for a fully solo pushing style. To be honest I hate it.

> @"Tinkerer.2167" said:

> side noder ranger gs burst? keep in mind this is the only busted spec as of right now for ranger.

>

> i guess this is why they just choose to sit camp at tranquility in the mota, so much burst from gs that it's just not worth even attemping it.............. right?

Brah the build your talking about is absolute garbage against anything but condition rev side node and a condition thief plus at the same time. How is that busted meanwhile it’s possible to land 6-7k Gs burst consistently on actually overall strong core side node builds...

> @"Ragnar.4257" said:

> Ah right, yeah, Beastmode has such a long cooldown. So long. So much longer than Tomes. And it has so many requirements! It's so much harder to get into beastmode than Reaper shroud. You have to do...... and build up........ ! And then of course there's the problem of over-heating in beastmode.

>

> Wauw, I never thought about it like that before.

>

> I don't even think Ranger is a problem, I just enjoy your weak arguments :)

Guardian has 15 extra skills many of which are spammable and a tradeoff that never came and you're crying for 10 sec CDs, when then the beast skills have 25, 40 and 50 seconds of internal CD? lol XD

I'm seeing many Necro cry because they can't accumulate Life Force, maybe even using weapons by pressing 1 has become too complicated?

There is a detail that particularly strikes me for the Holosmith, their basic mechanic can be used with the specialization, it has not been removed as one of the pets.

> @"Tazer.2157" said:

> > @"aymnad.9023" said:

> > Conclusion ?

> >

> >

>

> It does not matter. No other weapon in the game has this much utility. Couple this with the recently changed protect me. A skill that breaks stuns, grants protection and a barrier of 3,973 on top of it. It becomes ridiculously difficult to take down a ranger. The ranger GS and the protect me skills transforms a DPS ranger into a tank with DPS. Not a good thing! The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one.

Say that to necro will ya? Or engineer? or revenant? or guardian with FB? Why won't you say that to the rest of the game?? Biased much? The only class which can't tank and DPS is **elementalist** since launch, the rest get a free pass on sustain...especially necro

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Tazer.2157" said:

> > > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > > Conclusion ?

> > >

> > > Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

> > >

> >

> > It does not matter. No other weapon in the game has this much utility. Couple this with the recently changed protect me. A skill that breaks stuns, grants protection and a barrier of 3,973 on top of it. It becomes ridiculously difficult to take down a ranger. The ranger GS and the protect me skills transforms a DPS ranger into a tank with DPS. Not a good thing! The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one.

>

> Say that to necro will ya? Or engineer? or revenant? or guardian with FB? Why won't you say that to the rest of the game?? Biased much? The only class which can't tank and DPS is **elementalist** since launch, the rest get a free pass on sustain...especially necro

These classes do not have an escape that the ranger gets with gs swoop. Swoop, block, barrier, then with longbow or smokescale it can even go into stealth. That is insane.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Tazer.2157" said:

> > > Conclusion ?

> > >

> > > Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

> > >

> >

> > It does not matter. No other weapon in the game has this much utility. Couple this with the recently changed protect me. A skill that breaks stuns, grants protection and a barrier of 3,973 on top of it. It becomes ridiculously difficult to take down a ranger. The ranger GS and the protect me skills transforms a DPS ranger into a tank with DPS. Not a good thing! The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one.

>

> Say that to necro will ya? Or engineer? or revenant? or guardian with FB? Why won't you say that to the rest of the game?? Biased much? The only class which can't tank and DPS is **elementalist** since launch, the rest get a free pass on sustain...especially necro

can you go be biased somewhere else? thx

> @"Tazer.2157" said:

>

>

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Tazer.2157" said:

> > > > The burst has both a huge animation and a massive sound warning making it one of the easiest skill to avoid.

> > > > Gs mobility is one of those things people have no clue what they are talking about. The cd is huge. If ranger uses it to go away, he concedes the node. If he doesn’t then he used it to avoid a skill and has 0 mobility left on gs.

> > > > The knockback has a huge animation + a big warning because it can only be triggered after the first block. So a double warning sign.

> > > > The only skill that is hard to avoid is hilt bash. Since it has >90% chance to be followed by a huge bear attack, you know that is the only time you need to trigger a defensive utility.

> > > > Conclusion ?

> > > >

> > > > Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

> > > >

> > >

> > > It does not matter. No other weapon in the game has this much utility. Couple this with the recently changed protect me. A skill that breaks stuns, grants protection and a barrier of 3,973 on top of it. It becomes ridiculously difficult to take down a ranger. The ranger GS and the protect me skills transforms a DPS ranger into a tank with DPS. Not a good thing! The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one.

> >

> > Say that to necro will ya? Or engineer? or revenant? or guardian with FB? Why won't you say that to the rest of the game?? Biased much? The only class which can't tank and DPS is **elementalist** since launch, the rest get a free pass on sustain...especially necro

>

> These classes do not have an escape that the ranger gets with gs swoop. Swoop, block, barrier, then with longbow or smokescale it can even go into stealth. That is insane.

Swoop's easily interceptable, though; even more so with Smoke Cloud as a setup.

The only thing I agree with in this thread is changing Protect Me! back. It was a dumb change.

> @"Tazer.2157" said:

>

>

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Tazer.2157" said:

> > > > Conclusion ?

> > > >

> > > > Edit : it also misses on targets just running in the opposite direction

> > > >

> > >

> > > It does not matter. No other weapon in the game has this much utility. Couple this with the recently changed protect me. A skill that breaks stuns, grants protection and a barrier of 3,973 on top of it. It becomes ridiculously difficult to take down a ranger. The ranger GS and the protect me skills transforms a DPS ranger into a tank with DPS. Not a good thing! The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one.

> >

> > Say that to necro will ya? Or engineer? or revenant? or guardian with FB? Why won't you say that to the rest of the game?? Biased much? The only class which can't tank and DPS is **elementalist** since launch, the rest get a free pass on sustain...especially necro

>

> These classes do not have an escape that the ranger gets with gs swoop. Swoop, block, barrier, then with longbow or smokescale it can even go into stealth. That is insane.

Don't **derail** my post thank you very much....

>The game should separate DPS and sustain builds not merge them into one

This is what my post referring to , don't change the subject, you are talking about DPS+sustain and I have listed almost all specs that are included in that category. You're talking about that now...no longbow/gs+smokescale build