What Race Do You Think Has The Best lore

Humans, because they are everywhere, story humanized, dr with the bigger amount of house, caudecus, balthazar , kormir library , crystal desert, ebonhawke and soon cantha /facepalm.

Sylvari could have done better during hot, but they have fair amount of lore, but not as much as charrs, with back and blood citadel and the olmakhans.

Norn, well, last episodes gave stuff about the essences and dpirits, some few books about kodans and tengu.

Asura are the worst, in fact, they are used by default when no solution is found to an issue: removing kralkatorrik storms in dragonfall, diving into a volcano to deal with primordy briefly, studying the new essences, studying crystals in strike missions....

No lore since the start their story is just a big assumption:

Surface-> Underground -> primordy wake up boom no more underground cities -> fundation of inquest, come back to surface.

I don't even know what they like to eat and drinks D: where are they all sleeping, no houses!

Nah very poor, we know nothing about culture and traditions, not even how the former underground cities were. Don't speak about polymock and anckle den, they don't exist and aren't playable. Plus I was speaking with a person during a live: Still no news about high inquisitor maut, no more kuda? Who is the leader of inquest? Precise date of fundation!

Overall, they're all the same because all the Lore/story always converge into the same ending. But giving credit to human, because did enjoy Ascalon, Caudecus Manor(Kryta's Politic and White Mantle but sadly wasn't continued), 6 Gods etc are mostly human centric. Other races lore lacks development or still developing so this might change as the story is getting better. Norn's interesting but wasn't developed and there's whimpy Brahm killing the _Hunts_ mood. Charr is making a comeback aside from Rytlock, not how I imagined him to be(?).

Norn because its gw2 relatable. Everyone is out to maximize their gw2 legend in all the content they play. It could be achievements, skins, maxed out classes, raid bosses you've killed, what fractal level you have achieved, the list goes on and on.

On a side note who hasn't got blacked out drunk and then wake up the next day with a what he heck happened moment then to realize you have to pay your dues.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> On a side note who hasn't got blacked out drunk and then wake up the next day with a what he heck happened moment then to realize you have to pay your dues.

I don't drink alcohol, so I never blacked out or been drunk, why ask ?

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> Overall, they're all the same because all the Lore/story always converge into the same ending. But giving credit to human, because did enjoy Ascalon, Caudecus Manor(Kryta's Politic and White Mantle but sadly wasn't continued), 6 Gods etc are mostly human centric. Other races lore lacks development or still developing so this might change as the story is getting better. Norn's interesting but wasn't developed and there's whimpy Brahm killing the _Hunts_ mood. Charr is making a comeback aside from Rytlock, not how I imagined him to be(?).

Rytlock was/is humanized, remains to be seen if the rest of the charr race will follow. I really hope not.

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > On a side note who hasn't got blacked out drunk and then wake up the next day with a what he heck happened moment then to realize you have to pay your dues.

>

> I don't drink alcohol, so I never blacked out or been drunk, why ask ?

It was a rhetorical question.... It was a joke. I obviously know there are people under the age of 21 who play this game and cannot drink until they are blacked out, passed out drunk. Also people who never touch the stuff. It was merely a reference to what happens in one of the Norn story lines.

> @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > On a side note who hasn't got blacked out drunk and then wake up the next day with a what he heck happened moment then to realize you have to pay your dues.

> >

> > I don't drink alcohol, so I never blacked out or been drunk, why ask ?

> It was a rhetorical question.... It was a joke. I obviously know there are people under the age of 21 who play this game and cannot drink until they are blacked out, passed out drunk. Also people who never touch the stuff. It was merely a reference to what happens in one of the Norn story lines.

I'm over 21. Not everyone intoxicate itself with alcohol.

Human history is by far one the most fleshed out in the franchise thanks to Gw1 and the Guild Wars backstory.

Most of the other playable races barely got a real introduction in Gw1, the Charr were around longer than most of them but they never really got much lore until the Eye of the North expansion.. around the same time as the Asura and Norn were introduced too.

Then there are other non playable races like the Dwarves and the Forgotten which have a fair bit of lore around them as well that could probably rival most of the playable races.

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > > > @"Excursion.9752" said:

> > > > On a side note who hasn't got blacked out drunk and then wake up the next day with a what he heck happened moment then to realize you have to pay your dues.

> > >

> > > I don't drink alcohol, so I never blacked out or been drunk, why ask ?

> > It was a rhetorical question.... It was a joke. I obviously know there are people under the age of 21 who play this game and cannot drink until they are blacked out, passed out drunk. Also people who never touch the stuff. It was merely a reference to what happens in one of the Norn story lines.

>

> I'm over 21. Not everyone intoxicate itself with alcohol.

Glad you got the joke. :trollface:

I guess Anet should rework the lore for Norns because you don't like alcohol mentioned even if it is just a joke. It was supposed to be funny to the people who have actually had such a thing happen. I knew the joke would miss certain audiences thank you for solidifying that so well for me.

Norn's culture is basically about going out increasing your legend by killing something significant then going to a moot bragging about what you just did while getting drunk and eventually pass out then repeat.

> @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > You spelled Sylvari as Sylvia.... Dude, come on.

> >

> > And I think they have the most interesting lore, since they were actually created as dragon minions for mordremoth, but got "purified" by Ventari's influence.

>

> Sylvia has interesting lore too!

I am open for new knowledge, so please go on and tell me the epic tale of Sylvia!

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> You spelled Sylvari as Sylvia.... Dude, come on.

>

> And I think they have the most interesting lore, since they were actually created as dragon minions for mordremoth, but got "purified" by Ventari's influence.> @"White Kitsunee.4620" said:

> Humans have the most and the most interesting lore

>

> All of the race's lore is very interesting, especially the Charr's, but there isnt very much of it in comparison to what humans get.

sorry i spelled a made up word wrong...

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> You spelled Sylvari as Sylvia.... Dude, come on.

>

> And I think they have the most interesting lore, since they were actually created as dragon minions for mordremoth, but got "purified" by Ventari's influence.

its a made up word.

Considering every race is just recycled ideas anyway... Human has an unfair advantage in this due to having four games and two expansions to go off of, on top of being alien to the world they occupy, suggesting even *more* lore back wherever they came from. So they take my vote only by sheer amount and not necessarily intrigue.

> @"Dan.9304" said:

> > @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > You spelled Sylvari as Sylvia.... Dude, come on.

> >

> > And I think they have the most interesting lore, since they were actually created as dragon minions for mordremoth, but got "purified" by Ventari's influence.

>

> its a made up word.

So is Charr, Asura, Norn and even Human (that one was made up a bit earlier than GW2). Yet you wrote their names correctly but didn't bother to write Sylvari correctly. Is there perhaps some bias against the race? I know a lot of people were unhappy about HoT focusing heavily on Sylvari lore. Some people hold an even older grudge against Traherne for suddenly intruding into their personal story. Still, a good poll is designed as neutral as possible and letting your bias show is bad practice.

So much of the lore is so vague its hard to say which is better:

The connection between the Norn and the Kodan in game is way too vague (Kodan are just Norn that stay full polar bear).

The asura history and their cities underground isn't gone into that well.

The other Trees that grow Sylvari is still left unexplored. Humans origin world is all but considered not important.

What is the story about the Black Citadel and how did the Charr acquire it?