Blasting question

Sovereign.1093

How many times can we blast a field? Is there a limit to ppl affected? Etc.,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blast_finisher

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

With this i wonder how many smokes you need to blast a Zerg or is it necessary that 2 out of 3 in the party must have a blast finishers to cover all people?

When I look at this in wiki it does not specifically answer my question but it implies that each party must have 2 blaster and that they be arranged good. And stack really tight. So the blast hits all within your group based on priority and not the number of fields.

Anyone can clarify?

If I dont remember wrong - 5 people will get the effect of your blast combo and 5 unique players can combo the field (so 25+5 max for players affected by a single combo field, ignoring priorities).

The wiki does say "all" though. I havent tested it in a loooooong time since combos went out of fashion.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> If I dont remember wrong - 5 people will get the effect of your blast combo and 5 unique players can combo the field (so 25+5 max for players affected by a single combo field, ignoring priorities).

>

> The wiki does say "all" though. I havent tested it in a loooooong time since combos went out of fashion.

Aye, I thought there was a 5 cap limit per field a few patches ago. Or maybe like I posted above, there must atleast by 2 blast per party to get full effect no matter how many you are. I.e. staff guard and staff rev

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> With this i wonder how many smokes you need to blast a Zerg or is it necessary that 2 out of 3 in the party must have a blast finishers to cover all people?

5 players can use a combo field and the blast finisher affects 5 people.

The effect prioritizes 1) the players in your team and 2) the players closest to the center of the combo field.

So you can not simply combo stealth a whole zerg. The easiest strategy to ensure everyone gets the effect is splitting your zerg into 5 player teams that each can do the combo on their own.

You could also put one lonely teef that sets a stealth field in a 1 man team and place 5 teams with 5 players into the field so that each team can cast its own blast finisher.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > With this i wonder how many smokes you need to blast a Zerg or is it necessary that 2 out of 3 in the party must have a blast finishers to cover all people?

> 5 players can use a combo field and the blast finisher affects 5 people.

>

> The effect prioritizes 1) the players in your team and 2) the players closest to the center of the combo field.

>

> So you can not simply combo stealth a whole zerg. The easiest strategy to ensure everyone gets the effect is splitting your zerg into 5 player teams that each can do the combo on their own.

>

> You could also put one lonely teef that sets a stealth field in a 1 man team and place 5 teams with 5 players into the field so that each team can cast its own blast finisher.

Yes. Because of one and two I'm inclined to believe if that is rule, a Zerg can blast one field and go stealth provided 2 in the party of 5 has a blast ready. So that's 9 to 12 s stealth.

And of course it's good to have 1 smoker for every 10.

A simple 10 man think I can think of

Fb spell scourge jungler class scrap

Fb Ren scourge scourge tempest

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > With this i wonder how many smokes you need to blast a Zerg or is it necessary that 2 out of 3 in the party must have a blast finishers to cover all people?

> > 5 players can use a combo field and the blast finisher affects 5 people.

> >

> > The effect prioritizes 1) the players in your team and 2) the players closest to the center of the combo field.

> >

> > So you can not simply combo stealth a whole zerg. The easiest strategy to ensure everyone gets the effect is splitting your zerg into 5 player teams that each can do the combo on their own.

> >

> > You could also put one lonely teef that sets a stealth field in a 1 man team and place 5 teams with 5 players into the field so that each team can cast its own blast finisher.

>

> Yes. Because of one and two I'm inclined to believe if that is rule, a Zerg can blast one field and go stealth provided 2 in the party of 5 has a blast ready. So that's 9 to 12 s stealth.

>

> And of course it's good to have 1 smoker for every 10.

@Sovereign.1093. that's why rev hammer/staff was providing 3m swiftness alone in a team of 5, and people still stackk guardian staff 4 xD

In a team of 10 i would assume swiftness stack would be more randomized due being aplyed alwyas to the 5 closest alies.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > With this i wonder how many smokes you need to blast a Zerg or is it necessary that 2 out of 3 in the party must have a blast finishers to cover all people?

> > > 5 players can use a combo field and the blast finisher affects 5 people.

> > >

> > > The effect prioritizes 1) the players in your team and 2) the players closest to the center of the combo field.

> > >

> > > So you can not simply combo stealth a whole zerg. The easiest strategy to ensure everyone gets the effect is splitting your zerg into 5 player teams that each can do the combo on their own.

> > >

> > > You could also put one lonely teef that sets a stealth field in a 1 man team and place 5 teams with 5 players into the field so that each team can cast its own blast finisher.

> >

> > Yes. Because of one and two I'm inclined to believe if that is rule, a Zerg can blast one field and go stealth provided 2 in the party of 5 has a blast ready. So that's 9 to 12 s stealth.

> >

> > And of course it's good to have 1 smoker for every 10.

>

> @Sovereign.1093. that's why rev hammer/staff was providing 3m swiftness alone in a team of 5, and people still stackk guardian staff 4 xD

> In a team of 10 i would assume swiftness stack would be more randomized due being aplyed alwyas to the 5 closest alies.

I linked the ae effect above. It's party then ppl closest to you. Which means we'll need to adjust out 10 man into two 5 man teams. We can try it later.

Because I'm not really sure :/. Huhu

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > From years of playing in a wvw guild, there is 100% a limit to how often a field can be blasted.

> >

> > Without that, you could stealth an 50man zerg with one smokefield.

>

> Aye, I'm looking for the exact specific info right now

I dont remember how much it is but lower then you would expect.

Higher Single digets for sure. Like 7-8.

We often ran into the problem with stealthing 15 man with 2 smokefields. People are using 2-3 blasts each but some simply didnt get stealth at all or very short times.

Increasing the number of smoke fields stacked resolved that problem.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > From years of playing in a wvw guild, there is 100% a limit to how often a field can be blasted.

> > >

> > > Without that, you could stealth an 50man zerg with one smokefield.

> >

> > Aye, I'm looking for the exact specific info right now

>

> I dont remember how much it is but lower then you would expect.

> Higher Single digets for sure. Like 7-8.

>

> We often ran into the problem with stealthing 15 man with 2 smokefields. People are using 2-3 blasts each but some simply didnt get stealth at all or very short times.

> Increasing the number of smoke fields stacked resolved that problem.

>

>

Aye. Which is why I wonder if there's a max cap for blasting a field. Thought it was 5 blasts a field

There was a post in the old forums which actually explained this well but for the life of me I cannot remember it. It explained priorities and target caps for fields, both for party and for those not in party etc and how who got what in the radius of the blast (proximity etc). In any case I think everyone explained it mostly.

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > From years of playing in a wvw guild, there is 100% a limit to how often a field can be blasted.

> > > >

> > > > Without that, you could stealth an 50man zerg with one smokefield.

> > >

> > > Aye, I'm looking for the exact specific info right now

> >

> > I dont remember how much it is but lower then you would expect.

> > Higher Single digets for sure. Like 7-8.

> >

> > We often ran into the problem with stealthing 15 man with 2 smokefields. People are using 2-3 blasts each but some simply didnt get stealth at all or very short times.

> > Increasing the number of smoke fields stacked resolved that problem.

> >

> >

>

> Aye. Which is why I wonder if there's a max cap for blasting a field. Thought it was 5 blasts a field

Science it. You have a reliable group.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > From years of playing in a wvw guild, there is 100% a limit to how often a field can be blasted.

> > > > >

> > > > > Without that, you could stealth an 50man zerg with one smokefield.

> > > >

> > > > Aye, I'm looking for the exact specific info right now

> > >

> > > I dont remember how much it is but lower then you would expect.

> > > Higher Single digets for sure. Like 7-8.

> > >

> > > We often ran into the problem with stealthing 15 man with 2 smokefields. People are using 2-3 blasts each but some simply didnt get stealth at all or very short times.

> > > Increasing the number of smoke fields stacked resolved that problem.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Aye. Which is why I wonder if there's a max cap for blasting a field. Thought it was 5 blasts a field

>

> Science it. You have a reliable group.

This is part of the process, related info. :3 and data gathering with peers.

The rules for blasting is as follows

Combo fields can be blasted by up to a maximum of 5 players. These 5 players can blast the field an infinite number of times.

Once 5 players blast that field, the 6th player will blast the field underneath it.

So if you use a smoke field and then a water field, the 5 players use 4 blast finisher will blast the smoke field. The 6th player will blast the water field.

Like others have said, the blast finishers effect will apply based on proximity priority and then sub prioritized by Party->Squad. This is default for all abilities in the game, as they are all based on proximity.

> @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> Once 5 players blast that field, the 6th player will blast the field underneath it.

> So if you use a smoke field and then a water field, the 5 players use 4 blast finisher will blast the water field. The 6th player will blast the smoke field.

Combo field priority is "first field first".

- Blasting in overlapping fields: the earliest placed field will be used

- Leaping or projectile finishing in overlapping fields: the first entered field will be used

Worth mentioning: changing fields like nightfall (which changes its size every 2 seconds) will be reapplied every time they change, which means they tend to be the newest field and for that reason not being used when overlapping with another field. So if you play a reaper in a zerg you can use nightfall without needing to worry about ruining your zergs water field heals with that big 8 second lasting dark field placed first.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > Once 5 players blast that field, the 6th player will blast the field underneath it.

> > So if you use a smoke field and then a water field, the 5 players use 4 blast finisher will blast the water field. The 6th player will blast the smoke field.

> Combo field priority is "first field first".

> - Blasting in overlapping fields: the earliest placed field will be used

> - Leaping or projectile finishing in overlapping fields: the first entered field will be used

>

> Worth mentioning: changing fields like nightfall (which changes its size every 2 seconds) will be reapplied every time they change, which means they tend to be the newest field and for that reason not being used when overlapping with another field. So if you play a reaper in a zerg you can use nightfall without needing to worry about ruining your zergs water field heals with that big 8 second lasting dark field placed first.

>

Okay thanks for clarifying. I was recalling the mechanics from memory so I got that bit mixed up. I’ll edit my comment to prevent any misinfo.

> @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> The rules for blasting is as follows

>

> Combo fields can be blasted by up to a maximum of 5 players. These 5 players can blast the field an infinite number of times.

>

> Once 5 players blast that field, the 6th player will blast the field underneath it.

>

> So if you use a smoke field and then a water field, the 5 players use 4 blast finisher will blast the smoke field. The 6th player will blast the water field.

>

> Like others have said, the blast finishers effect will apply based on proximity priority and then sub prioritized by Party->Squad. This is default for all abilities in the game, as they are all based on proximity.

I get you're going off memory but thanks for the detail. It's good to know I'm not always destroying some squads stealth rush with my low effort Choking Gas. I'm probably still going to accidentally use up one of those blasts occasionally though.

> @"kash.9213" said:

> > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > The rules for blasting is as follows

> >

> > Combo fields can be blasted by up to a maximum of 5 players. These 5 players can blast the field an infinite number of times.

> >

> > Once 5 players blast that field, the 6th player will blast the field underneath it.

> >

> > So if you use a smoke field and then a water field, the 5 players use 4 blast finisher will blast the smoke field. The 6th player will blast the water field.

> >

> > Like others have said, the blast finishers effect will apply based on proximity priority and then sub prioritized by Party->Squad. This is default for all abilities in the game, as they are all based on proximity.

>

> I get you're going off memory but thanks for the detail. It's good to know I'm not always destroying some squads stealth rush with my low effort Choking Gas. I'm probably still going to accidentally use up one of those blasts occasionally though.

Np,

Ya if you use a field it’s not that big of a deal... Traditionally, Most of the stealth comes from just having the scrappers using their elites. And the usual reason people don’t even get stealthed in the first place, is because they don’t have enough scrappers to begin with

On top of that, The only reason a blast is even necessary to perform is because the duration on each pulse of the gyro is only 1.5 seconds, instead of the blast which is a 3 second stealth.

So instead of getting a 9 second stealth, they can all blast to get 15 second stealth (since stealth stacks can only be applied 5 times max)

So in the end, laying down other fields by mistake just messes with the duration of that stealth...so instead of 15s someone will get 9s.

Edit: For those wondering if you can stealth a whole zerg with just a few scrappers, the answer is yes and no.

The reason for that answer is because it comes down to proximity priority. If you are in parties of 5, your group will always, so long as they are in proximity to your effect area, be the ones prioritized for your spells, if your squad has no subsquads, then the area your blast finishers can have is 5 people based in proximity of squad members from your effect area.

So like Dawdler said, you can stealth a group of 25 players, full duration with a single smoke field so long as you have 5 players blasting that field 5 times in a squad with no subgroups. The thing about doing it this way, is that because it’s based on proximity, the distribution of that stealth is essentially statistically randomized as you converge to a point. So you may have players that receive only 2 applications, while others have 4 some might have 0...it’s based on how close those players were to the blaster when the field was blasted.

There are configurations you can take that cancel this statistical randomization. But these configurations are not circles...much more complicated 2d shapes that resemble starfish.