Cheaters In PvP?

Akisohida.8963

So I did my first PvP at a friends request.

I ran into a dual-pistol Rogue who was, without exaggeration, spamming dual-volley infinitely.

No pause, no stopping from running out of action points. Just

BlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlam

So yeah, he pretty much soloed the entire team and we lost with barely 40 points while we got freaking CRUSHED.

I know Thief characters have action points, so what the hell happened?

Also, we did Word Vs World and ran into one guy who literally tanked 4 people solo. Barely lost 5% of his HP and just ate every attack.

What the hell? Is PvP and WvW this horribly unbalanced? Or were they cheating?

He was using Unload which is easily countered by reflects. Thing is, that's all they can do. Unload is a channel, meaning they can't really do anything while pewpewpewing.

Second point, invulnerability. While you are invulnerable you resist attacks. Or it was a perma-evade Daredevil. Or a Spellbreaker.

> @Akisohida.8963 said:

> So I did my first PvP at a friends request.

>

> I ran into a dual-pistol Rogue who was, without exaggeration, spamming dual-volley infinitely.

>

> No pause, no stopping from running out of action points. Just

> BlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlamBlam

>

> So yeah, he pretty much soloed the entire team and we lost with barely 40 points while we got freaking CRUSHED.

>

> I know Thief characters have action points, so what the hell happened?

>

> Also, we did Word Vs World and ran into one guy who literally tanked 4 people solo. Barely lost 5% of his HP and just ate every attack.

>

> What the hell? Is PvP and WvW this horribly unbalanced? Or were they cheating?

Wvw Solo tanking isnt hard, you can use Gear that is banned on pvp

> @Novuake.2691 said:

> Brand new to PvP, die to an extremely gimmicky build that is very easily countered, comes to forum asking if he was cheating rather than asking for advice.

>

> No, he was not cheating.

> No, there is no balance issue with unload and thief.

>

>

Its a pve game with a pve balance... dont expect to much.

A easy offensive game will make alot of badies being carried deppending the situations its a way to make the gam easier and shorten gap for pve players do pvp...

> @Akisohida.8963 said:

> Thanks for all the replies. I know how unload works but even against mobs that don't dodge, I could never do it 9 times in a row. I mean, it grants 2 Init but costs 5!

Quick pockets, pistol mainhand, pistol offhand as secondary weap. Swap, steal, etc. All ways to gain initiative.

> @Akisohida.8963 said:

> Thanks for all the replies. I know how unload works but even against mobs that don't dodge, I could never do it 9 times in a row. I mean, it grants 2 Init but costs 5!

I dunno about mesmer shield, does it have reflect like war shield? Arent mesmers king of mirrors n shit?

Use any reflect skill. They instadie.

i suspect there are a few cheaters cuz of infinite evades or the dmg is super high, even tho i have like 3.2k armor... or they're extremely good... idk. i play thieves myself so i know the limitations, and some just evade like forever. it takes the fun out of the game.

this applies to both pvp and wvw. there are spellbreakers with infinite dodges, and u can't kill them unless with a blob. even 10 to 5, the cheater warrior will kill everyone.

you will get wrecked if you don't know how to properly counter / deal with the class you are using.

p/p theives can be easily focused downed. That's if your team actually focuses .

Other wise free casting p/p or rifle theives will destroy your team.

Currently main mesmer. So usually use sword 3, or blink + burst on him. Or use Distortion/reflects when I'm under heavy fire.

Also need to be wary when he goes back to stealth, since he will either A, run away, B waiting to unload on you again.