Balance Changes Under the Profession Tab!

Lan Deathrider.5910

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/109025/upcoming-balance-notes

Warrior notes in particular:

Warrior

Warrior updates are focused around improvements to some of the lesser-used off-hand weapons as well as some lesser-used traits in PvE. Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

Break Enchantments: Increased the damage dealt by this skill by 50% (1 to 1.5 coefficient) in PvE only. Raised the damage increase from 100% to 300% when the warrior removes a boon from a target in PvE only.

Loss Aversion: Increased the damage dealt by this trait by 50% (0.9 to 1.35 coefficient) in PvE only.

**Brave Stride: This trait has been reworked. It now grants 1 stack of stability whenever the warrior uses a movement skill. Stability duration is 5 seconds in PvE and 2 seconds in competitive modes. This trait has a 1-second cooldown in PvE and a 10-second cooldown in competitive modes.**

_**Where have I seen this before?** Sad about the 10s CD for competitive modes though. Still it helps engage a target._

Dual Strike: Increased quickness duration per hit from 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds in PvE only.

Counterblow: Reduced recharge from 10 seconds to 7 seconds in PvE only.

Crushing Blow: Reduced vulnerability stacks from 15 to 10. Now also grants 3 stacks of might for 6 seconds when it hits. If this attack strikes a foe suffering from control effects, the might gain and vulnerability application are doubled.

_This is an interesting change. Crushing Blow might be worth using._

Impale (sword): Impale now applies a pulsing 1-second cripple in addition to torment. Successfully using the Rip ability now grants 10 stacks of might for 5 seconds.

_Lots of might there. The pulsing cripple is interesting._

Riposte: Increased bleeding stacks gained on a successful counter from 4 to 8. Decreased bleeding duration from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.

_Not sure these combined changes will be enough for OH sword to see use though. They help with anti kiting and are a DPS boost overall so perhaps it is enough._

Mending: Increased conditions cleansed from 3 to 5.

_I expect this to get nerfed back to 3 due to Shrug it Off._

Savage Instinct: This trait is no longer split between game modes and will use the longer 2-second duration for Feel No Pain in all game modes.

_I did not expect this. Good change for Zerkers._

Outrage: Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Decapitate: Increased power coefficient from 1.666 to 2.0 in PvP and WvW.

Blood Reckoning: Increased damage-to-healing conversion from 25% to 33%. Increased berserk mode extension from 2 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Cyclone Axe: Increased power coefficient per strike from 0.66 to 0.75 in PvP and WvW.

Throw Axe: Reduced ammo recharge from 15 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvW.

Breaching Strike: Increased power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.9 in PvP and WvW.

_Steps in the right direction. I can assume they will watch these weapons and see if they overperform before touching other weapons._

Sword/Sword might be interesting to run post July 7th with this changes just from the Brave Stride change and Impale change. With the Brave Stride change Greatsword will be useful for negating CCs during their animations rather than dodging them.

I think OH Mace will still need love. Namely making tremor not a projectile. Crushing Blow does look like a nice follow up to a CC though.

Zerkers will live longer during melee dives into zergs, but unless they bump Arc Divider like they did Decapitate I doubt many will do it.

> @"DKRathalos.9625" said:

> Finally they rework the brave stride Lan, lol. Still though the 10 secs internal CD is kinda bummer.

I actually can't believe they did that rework lol. Yeah 10s is a bummer. Still though that's 2s of stab every 10s.

With the extra might on OH mace and OH sword, stab on mobility, and increasing the condi removal on Mending it feels like they are pushing bar compression for warriors. It would open up some utility slots. The Superior Runes of the Weaver change looks interesting. Take a stance or two to fuel barrier. When they rework Defy Pain and Last Stand you could slot them with the runes and have a steady flow of barrier as a warrior. Might be interesting.

Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

^Pretty hilarious, considering those weapons are still trash even with these buffs.

Those off-hand improvements... idk, are people suddenly going to killl enemies with mace offhand thanks to 5 more vulnerability and 6 might stacks?

The cripple and might on sword 4 is interesting though. We shall see. Also, what about dagger offhand? That weapon is arguably even worse than sword offhand after the damage nerf...

Spellbreaker buffs in PvE are weird tbh. Where in PvE is required such heavy and frequent boon rip to best utilise these changes that spellbreaker would do better than renegade or necro?

Brave Stride will be useful, but I hope the stability will be granted immediately when activating it and not after the mobility skill finishes its casting. I wish they reverted Head Butt stability removal, this would be such nice synergy to prevent self cc...

Best changes are Mending and Savage Instinct. I am surprised they made Mending so good which makes Natural Healing useless.

A bit sad they didn't do anything with 300 sec traits and missing damage on some cc skills. Also, they didn't touch some overperforming skills on other classes (e.g. necro focus 5, etc). Better than nothing, but waiting 4+ months for another balance patch is big oof.

> @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

> ^Pretty hilarious, considering those weapons are still trash even with these buffs.

I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Sword OH won't be taken in PvE unless they give Riposte a flipover that does bleed instead of Adrenaline Rush. In the competitive modes though that's a lot of might on a weapon skill. and the pulsing cripple on Impale would be useful since impale itself can't be removed unless its by the warrior.

But it is like what I mentioned in another thread, they have to take baby steps with warrior because otherwise it would get overtuned easily and quickly.

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> > Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

> > ^Pretty hilarious, considering those weapons are still trash even with these buffs.

>

> I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Sword OH won't be taken in PvE unless they give Riposte a flipover that does bleed instead of Adrenaline Rush. In the competitive modes though that's a lot of might on a weapon skill. and the pulsing cripple on Impale would be useful since impale itself can't be removed unless its by the warrior.

>

> But it is like what I mentioned in another thread, they have to take baby steps with warrior because otherwise it would get overtuned easily and quickly.

Baby steps are fine if you're not doing patches every 4 months :/ But hell, I'll take it.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> Those off-hand improvements... idk, are people suddenly going to killl enemies with mace offhand thanks to 5 more vulnerability and 6 might stacks?

Axe/Mace maybe. Mace 5 -> Mace->4 -> Axe 2 -> AA will hurt.

> The cripple and might on sword 4 is interesting though. We shall see. Also, what about dagger offhand? That weapon is arguably even worse than sword offhand after the damage nerf...

They did state that it was not a complete list, so maybe dagger OH will be in the patch.

> Spellbreaker buffs in PvE are weird tbh. Where in PvE is required such heavy and frequent boon rip to best utilise these changes that spellbreaker would do better than renegade or necro?

FotM No Pain No Gain stability. Not really needed frankly.

> Brave Stride will be useful, but I hope the stability will be granted immediately when activating it and not after the mobility skill finishes its casting. I wish they reverted Head Butt stability removal, this would be such nice synergy to prevent self cc...

Hmmm... good point otherwise it defeats the purpose. Head Butt should be changed at this point, they might have punted it to the Dev team though.

> Best changes are Mending and Savage Instinct. I am surprised they made Mending so good which makes Natural Healing useless.

Well NH still removes more condi, but 5 condis cleared every 12s? Sure thing. Savage Instinct is a great change, but I'm worried that Berserker still doesn't have the proper DPS to capitalize on it in competitive modes.

> A bit sad they didn't do anything with 300 sec traits and missing damage on some cc skills. Also, they didn't touch some overperforming skills on other classes (e.g. necro focus 5, etc). Better than nothing, but waiting 4+ months for another balance patch is be big oof.

They punted those to the dev team remember? And again their post wasn't a complete listing by their own admission.

> @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> > > Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

> > > ^Pretty hilarious, considering those weapons are still trash even with these buffs.

> >

> > I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Sword OH won't be taken in PvE unless they give Riposte a flipover that does bleed instead of Adrenaline Rush. In the competitive modes though that's a lot of might on a weapon skill. and the pulsing cripple on Impale would be useful since impale itself can't be removed unless its by the warrior.

> >

> > But it is like what I mentioned in another thread, they have to take baby steps with warrior because otherwise it would get overtuned easily and quickly.

>

> Baby steps are fine if you're not doing patches every 4 months :/ But hell, I'll take it.

I'd rather the baby steps than no steps. Just remember how the Berserker Rework went when it was released... That Arc Divider did not last long.

> > @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> > > > Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

> > > > ^Pretty hilarious, considering those weapons are still trash even with these buffs.

> > >

> > > I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Sword OH won't be taken in PvE unless they give Riposte a flipover that does bleed instead of Adrenaline Rush. In the competitive modes though that's a lot of might on a weapon skill. and the pulsing cripple on Impale would be useful since impale itself can't be removed unless its by the warrior.

> > >

> > > But it is like what I mentioned in another thread, they have to take baby steps with warrior because otherwise it would get overtuned easily and quickly.

> >

> > Baby steps are fine if you're not doing patches every 4 months :/ But hell, I'll take it.

>

> I'd rather the baby steps than no steps. Just remember how the Berserker Rework went when it was released... That Arc Divider did not last long.

Yeah but Berserker even now is still an odd duck. Pre-rework **felt** better gameplay wise, just unfortunately it didn't perform as well as Core or Spellbreaker due to a few key issues with the class.

> @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > @"YuiRS.8129" said:

> > > > > Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

> > > > > ^Pretty hilarious, considering those weapons are still trash even with these buffs.

> > > >

> > > > I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Sword OH won't be taken in PvE unless they give Riposte a flipover that does bleed instead of Adrenaline Rush. In the competitive modes though that's a lot of might on a weapon skill. and the pulsing cripple on Impale would be useful since impale itself can't be removed unless its by the warrior.

> > > >

> > > > But it is like what I mentioned in another thread, they have to take baby steps with warrior because otherwise it would get overtuned easily and quickly.

> > >

> > > Baby steps are fine if you're not doing patches every 4 months :/ But hell, I'll take it.

> >

> > I'd rather the baby steps than no steps. Just remember how the Berserker Rework went when it was released... That Arc Divider did not last long.

>

> Yeah but Berserker even now is still an odd duck. Pre-rework **felt** better gameplay wise, just unfortunately it didn't perform as well as Core or Spellbreaker due to a few key issues with the class.

And we see where their big leaps took the espec.

Overall, quite underwhelming changes for Warrior...

**Brave Stride: This trait has been reworked. It now grants 1 stack of stability whenever the warrior uses a movement skill. Stability duration is 5 seconds in PvE and 2 seconds in competitive modes. This trait has a 1-second cooldown in PvE and a 10-second cooldown in competitive modes.**

_Yeah the internal cooldown is bad. With how much they buffed Mending especially, this trait needs to be amazing to compete. Remove ICD. Make duration 1 second._

**Crushing Blow: Reduced vulnerability stacks from 15 to 10. Now also grants 3 stacks of might for 6 seconds when it hits. If this attack strikes a foe suffering from control effects, the might gain and vulnerability application are doubled.**

_Honestly not enough. Won't see use. If Tremor was buffed, then I could forgive this skill not being super-strong. But right now Tremor needs to either be non-projectile with a wide radius and short range, or a Seeking projectile._

**Impale (sword): Impale now applies a pulsing 1-second cripple in addition to torment. Successfully using the Rip ability now grants 10 stacks of might for 5 seconds.

Riposte: Increased bleeding stacks gained on a successful counter from 4 to 8. Decreased bleeding duration from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.**

_I actually like these changes, I don't think off-hand sword is as terrible as some would believe. Still, the weapon is niche even with these changes and its likely not enough._

**Mending: Increased conditions cleansed from 3 to 5.**

_A bad change because it wasn't needed. Mending was already the strongest heal we have. I don't understand why not buff Natural Healing for example?_

**Savage Instinct: This trait is no longer split between game modes and will use the longer 2-second duration for Feel No Pain in all game modes.**

_Good change this one._

Uhm, various coefficient and cooldowns increases/reductions are also decent, not much to say but steps in the right direction.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> Overall, quite underwhelming changes for Warrior...

>

> **Brave Stride: This trait has been reworked. It now grants 1 stack of stability whenever the warrior uses a movement skill. Stability duration is 5 seconds in PvE and 2 seconds in competitive modes. This trait has a 1-second cooldown in PvE and a 10-second cooldown in competitive modes.**

> _Yeah the internal cooldown is bad. With how much they buffed Mending especially, this trait needs to be amazing to compete. Remove ICD. Make duration 1 second._

Agreed.. Mending traited will be strong AF to take. Still, lets hope that they revisit the ICD on this.

> **Crushing Blow: Reduced vulnerability stacks from 15 to 10. Now also grants 3 stacks of might for 6 seconds when it hits. If this attack strikes a foe suffering from control effects, the might gain and vulnerability application are doubled.**

> _Honestly not enough. Won't see use. If Tremor was buffed, then I could forgive this skill not being super-strong. But right now Tremor needs to either be non-projectile with a wide radius and short range, or a Seeking projectile._

Yeah, they failed to view OH Mace on its own for the requirement they imposed on Crushing Blow. I can see it working with an Axe MH though.

> **Impale (sword): Impale now applies a pulsing 1-second cripple in addition to torment. Successfully using the Rip ability now grants 10 stacks of might for 5 seconds.

> Riposte: Increased bleeding stacks gained on a successful counter from 4 to 8. Decreased bleeding duration from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.**

> _I actually like these changes, I don't think off-hand sword is as terrible as some would believe. Still, the weapon is niche even with these changes and its likely not enough._

Same. I feel that Riposte should be turned into an interrupt that bleeds instead. Then it would see more use.

> **Mending: Increased conditions cleansed from 3 to 5.**

> _A bad change because it wasn't needed. Mending was already the strongest heal we have. I don't understand why not buff Natural Healing for example?_

Or revert the healing signet nerf. Still with Shrug it Off this will be strong.

> **Savage Instinct: This trait is no longer split between game modes and will use the longer 2-second duration for Feel No Pain in all game modes.**

> _Good change this one._

>

> Uhm, various coefficient and cooldowns increases/reductions are also decent, not much to say but steps in the right direction.

Agreed.

> @"swifti.2590" said:

> How to fix the berserker, just have berserk activate separately to burst skills so you can just activate it when you need to without sacrificing core war bursts. Simple.

That was it originally, turns out it wasn't enough of a drawback despite being locked out of core F1s during Bmode.

ok, somehow main hand axe is buffed more compared to unused OH, yet the description says "Warrior updates are focused around improvements to some of the lesser-used off-hand weapons as well as some lesser-used traits"

the better changes were mending, braves stride and berserker changes, tho brave stride and berserker were completely trash so any changes will look good.

brave stride still has to compete with peak performance. why would you take brave stride when you can have the best heal and best elite for warrior, specially as a strength warrior.

also personally i'd like to see the new brave stride in defense or discipline to see more play, as support warrior currently lacks a good on demand stab to stomp/rez/banner. while power warrior needs less of stab.

berserker changes are ok, decent, but berserker is so trash that these changes won't save it, it will still remain as the worst warrior spec for pvp, why they only buffed decapitate but not other primal bursts, i don't get it. decapitate is literally one of the more used ones.

and off hand sword/mace/axe still trash in pvp, i'm surprised how after 7 years of these weapons being trash in pvp, they can still think these tiny changes like these are aggressive...

ranger is barely touched, holo barely touch or even buffed then warrior will still be completely trash.

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> ok, somehow main hand axe is buffed more compared to unused OH, yet the description says "Warrior updates are focused around improvements to some of the lesser-used off-hand weapons as well as some lesser-used traits"

Especially since the OH axe buff was only for PvE.

> the better changes were mending, braves stride and berserker changes, tho brave stride and berserker were completely trash so any changes will look good.

> brave stride still has to compete with peak performance. why would you take brave stride when you can have the best heal and best elite for warrior, specially as a strength warrior.

> also personally i'd like to see the new brave stride in defense or discipline to see more play, as support warrior currently lacks a good on demand stab to stomp/rez/banner. while power warrior needs less of stab.

Yeah, the 10s ICD was a preemptive nerf. Still Mending has a short base CD, and if you are running WoD then the extra Stab will help get into position. Perhaps it would be better in Discipline and replace Vengeful Return.

> berserker changes are ok, decent, but berserker is so trash that these changes won't save it, it will still remain as the worst warrior spec, why they only buffed decapitate but not other primal bursts, i don't get it. decapitate is literally one of the more used ones.

I think they are testing the waters before more changes here. Decap needed the buff. Arc Divider does as well.

> and off hand sword/mace/axe still trash in pvp, i'm surprised how after 7 years of these weapons being trash in pvp, they can still think these tiny changes like these are aggressive...

I laughed at there claim of being aggressive. They need to do a total rework of OH sword and OH mace. OH Axe needs more quickness on Axe 4 and a larger radius on Axe 5 for the competitive modes at minimum.

> ranger is barely touched, holo barely touch or even buffed then warrior will still be completely trash.

I was surprised by these as well.

> I think they are testing the waters before more changes here. Decap needed the buff. Arc Divider does as well.

i hope so but they already said these changes are aggressive, and will see overbearing, so i doubt there's more to come other then nerfs lol. we will see.

> > and off hand sword/mace/axe still trash in pvp, i'm surprised how after 7 years of these weapons being trash in pvp, they can still think these tiny changes like these are aggressive...

> I laughed at there claim of being aggressive. They need to do a total rework of OH sword and OH mace. OH Axe needs more quickness on Axe 4 and a larger radius on Axe 5 for the competitive modes at minimum.

all OH sword skills has a 50% hit rate and can be avoided by pressing WASD walking, including all counterblow.

and axe 5 also suffers from too many hit symptom, using axe 5 in a team fight against a aoe retaliate guardian = killing yourself faster then killing your enemy.

and they are still adding vulnerability and might like 7 years of adding vulnerability and power to these skills made them viable in pvp at all.

too bad.

also dual wielding is garbage trait..

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> the offhands are still really bad but at least they are _finally_ looking at them. jesus its so overdue.

Yeah. OH axe is too good in PvE so there isn't much for them to tweak without overtuning it baring splits. OH mace is a step in the right direction, but it needs tremor to be reworked in the way we've all been asking for. Mace 4 cleaves so there is potential for lots of might for Phalanx Strength, mm, and MMR.

Sword OH needs riposte looked reworked. I think both it and counter blow should be turned into interrupts, no hard cc do the damage stays. That would help both weapons. The pulsing cripple on impale will be nice though.

Idk about these changes.

Condi war is unplayable in wvw/pvp because it is not effective.

They should make offhand sword 5 a block that can block for a duration, then activate it to put bleeding. That would make offhand sword worth using and give a survivability tool to condi war while still having a damage option.

Mending didnt need a buff. It's already the best heal on warrior. The buff should have been to signet, To The Limit, or to Natural healing.

Adding might to mace and sword does nothing. Warriors aren't struggling with might generation that they need this. There is a reason why shield is the default offhand choice for warrior. We dont need dmg buffs on offhands, we need utility :( Warhorn is a great alternative example. Also they didn't even do anything to off hand dagger. I have seen 4 people use off hand dagger since PoF came out.

The berserker changes are cool. Axe F1 seems to do no real damage anymore so the zerker one should be fun to use.

Arms, Spellbreaker, and Defense need reworks. You're literally forced to take the obvious choices to be able to play otherwise you're just gimping yourself.

Things like Imminent threat, fear me, signet of rage, kick, bolas, Sight beyond Sight, and on my mark aren't appealing at all. They couldn't look into those?

This is all they have come up with since February? That's another 3-4 months of playing other classes and waiting for warrior to be useful outside of being a slave in pve/wvw or a winds of disenchantment bot. Our only useful team specs are support...