Only play Necros after the patch

Melian.5368

Like the title says. If the patch goes through as announced, every WvW player should only play with Necros as a sign of protest, until the changes are reverted. I believe if the user base is not organized to protest as such, we will keep getting ignored. If they want Necro dominance, they can have it.

They'll just nerf the wrong thing though. Like nerfing RShroud's uptime or how they gutted SR and SoS a while ago when Scourge was the problem.

That's the problem with ANet. Even when a class has areas of strength and weakness that can be tuned, they always just do the downright wrong thing or ignore it until the other options are no longer playable.

for the most time not afaik @"Dami.5046"

the point is, acutally scrouge was top-dps THE WHOLE TIME, unless the players done a bad job. which happens quite often in opentags but that's nothing why a nerf would need to be reverted.

only thing getting close was hammer revs' spikes if well played. (talking about groupbattles, only weirdos would balance Wvw over smallscale [talking to you, devs])

> @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> only weirdos would balance Wvw over smallscale [talking to you, devs])

ArenaNet know the meaning of the word "ballance". But they dont have a clue, how to actually achieve it.

In the entire GW2 history, ArenaNet does not listen to playerbase suggestions, they simply picking random statements from random youtubers thinking "If that youtuber have that many followers, then must be godlike-level expert in the game, so lets pick one of his statements, nerf everything he want to be nerfed, and by just doing this, we will immediatelly and completelly succesfully solve the entire problem." - No ArenaNet, it simply does not work that way.

On-topic:

Playing necro as one of my two main chars anyway, just tell me where and when we will gather. Or would it be game-wide event? Everyone everywhere everytime, just only necros? Can do that too, no problem on my side.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> Mmmm... :3 I love necros so yey.

>

> I have a healing build ready as well as zerg build. Hehe hehehe

>

> I think ppl are over reacting. Let the patch happen first

If you really thought people were overreacting you wouldn't be excited and have 2 builds ready to go

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > Mmmm... :3 I love necros so yey.

> >

> > I have a healing build ready as well as zerg build. Hehe hehehe

> >

> > I think ppl are over reacting. Let the patch happen first

>

> If you really thought people were overreacting you wouldn't be excited and have 2 builds ready to go

I'd still have made builds regardless so your premise is wrong :)

> for the most time not afaik @"Dami.5046"

>

> the point is, acutally scrouge was top-dps THE WHOLE TIME, unless the players done a bad job. which happens quite often in opentags but that's nothing why a nerf would need to be reverted.

>

> only thing getting close was hammer revs' spikes if well played. (talking about groupbattles, only weirdos would balance Wvw over smallscale [talking to you, devs])

What kind of groups are you in? Scourges have definitely not been top DPS since the Feb patch. You must be playing with some really bad revs if they can't beat a scourge. Weaver, engineer, DH were all doing more as well. Sure there was the occasional fight where a scourge would top - maybe after one-pushing someone and the scourge uses everything at once. In sustained fights though, scourge definitely should not have been top unless your other DPS players didn't know what they were doing.

weaver engi (unless scrapper yeah, that got nerfed a bit too and has less aoe dmg after all) and dragonhunter as leading dps dealers in serious fights? i rather question that. dps-scrapper was older meta okay, weaver tho quite situational and rarely the heaviest dps unless u get some lucky spot to freecast. dragonhunter is merely a meme.. it is not trash, but not that useful for longer fights. it tries to get downs + kills with some tricks, but if u smell those, that won't work at all and result in not much damage.

i personally don't use arcDps, but from some recordings i noticed that the topDps been rather the scrouges. rev is surely pretty good too, but it

is is pretty weird that u think the later changes helped its damage output? hammer 2 got way worse to aim, misses more often, sometimes goes not off at all. herald earlier yet lost the dps of "drop the hammer" and of "facet of chaos", so effectively you have hammer 1, 2, 3 as most important range dps buttons.

i don't play a scrouge, but their marks, wells and elite wells + ability to corrupt stacks up. it's not a heavy difference, but afaik scrouges wellstuff simply does more damage in most cases.

> weaver engi (unless scrapper yeah, that got nerfed a bit too and has less aoe dmg after all) and dragonhunter as leading dps dealers in serious fights? i rather question that. dps-scrapper was older meta okay, weaver tho quite situational and rarely the heaviest dps unless u get some lucky spot to freecast. dragonhunter is merely a meme.. it is not trash, but not that useful for longer fights. it tries to get downs + kills with some tricks, but if u smell those, that won't work at all and result in not much damage.

>

> i personally don't use arcDps, but from some recordings i noticed that the topDps been rather the scrouges. rev is surely pretty good too, but it

Scourge should be up there on the DPS meter but rarely top unless they drop everything at once and you one-push the enemy. In sustained fights, it won't be top. It has higher time in between damage spikes than Rev or Weaver, and less range. No offense, but if you don't even use ArcDPS, then maybe you shouldn't be making these assumptions?

> is is pretty weird that u think the later changes helped its damage output? hammer 2 got way worse to aim, misses more often, sometimes goes not off at all. herald earlier yet lost the dps of "drop the hammer" and of "facet of chaos", so effectively you have hammer 1, 2, 3 as most important range dps buttons.

>

> i don't play a scrouge, but their marks, wells and elite wells + ability to corrupt stacks up. it's not a heavy difference, but afaik scrouges wellstuff simply does more damage in most cases.

I never said anything about changes helping Herald do more damage. Heralds have always been doing more damage than scourges. Yes Herald got nerfed hard, but so did everything else.

edit: To clarify, I'm not arguing that wells deserved a buff, because they didn't. I'm just saying your premise that Scourges were top DPS is wrong 85% of the time.

> @"SWI.4127" said:

> > @"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

> > weaver engi (unless scrapper yeah, that got nerfed a bit too and has less aoe dmg after all) and dragonhunter as leading dps dealers in serious fights? i rather question that. dps-scrapper was older meta okay, weaver tho quite situational and rarely the heaviest dps unless u get some lucky spot to freecast. dragonhunter is merely a meme.. it is not trash, but not that useful for longer fights. it tries to get downs + kills with some tricks, but if u smell those, that won't work at all and result in not much damage.

> >

> > i personally don't use arcDps, but from some recordings i noticed that the topDps been rather the scrouges. rev is surely pretty good too, but it

>

> Scourge should be up there on the DPS meter but rarely top unless they drop everything at once and you one-push the enemy. In sustained fights, it won't be top. It has higher time in between damage spikes than Rev or Weaver, and less range. No offense, but if you don't even use ArcDPS, then maybe you shouldn't be making these assumptions?

>

> > is is pretty weird that u think the later changes helped its damage output? hammer 2 got way worse to aim, misses more often, sometimes goes not off at all. herald earlier yet lost the dps of "drop the hammer" and of "facet of chaos", so effectively you have hammer 1, 2, 3 as most important range dps buttons.

> >

> > i don't play a scrouge, but their marks, wells and elite wells + ability to corrupt stacks up. it's not a heavy difference, but afaik scrouges wellstuff simply does more damage in most cases.

> I never said anything about changes helping Herald do more damage. Heralds have always been doing more damage than scourges. Yes Herald got nerfed hard, but so did everything else.

>

> edit: To clarify, I'm not arguing that wells deserved a buff, because they didn't. I'm just saying your premise that Scourges were top DPS is wrong 85% of the time.

Preety sure i can be somwhere at top with condi scourge in a semi long fight....

> for the most time not afaik @"Dami.5046"

>

> the point is, acutally scrouge was top-dps THE WHOLE TIME, unless the players done a bad job. which happens quite often in opentags but that's nothing why a nerf would need to be reverted.

>

> only thing getting close was hammer revs' spikes if well played. (talking about groupbattles, only weirdos would balance Wvw over smallscale [talking to you, devs])

Nah, go away with your small scale shit. This isn't WoW 5v5 Arena this is 50v50. There isn't something like smallscale. Don't know why you think there would be a reason to balance for that.

And if Scourges are top DPS, it's a huge l2p issue.

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> Two more days and :

>

> Double the power,

> Ten times the numbers,

> One hundred times the red toxic circles...

>

> ♫ WE ARE BAACK ♫

>

> Thank you ANet!

There are already so many players that are terrified. Poor guys are gonna need therapy if they don't drop the patch soon.

believe what u want lol. btw @ octopus, the better scrouge build is the power one.. if condi would do its job in a larger scale, then your groups' cleansing was trash.

@ gebrechen: nope, most battles are not 50v50. even numbers nearly never happen. its 25 vs 40, 30 vs 50, 60 vs 45, 15 vs 35 etc... zerg fights usually look alike. even in blobs, its 50 vs 70 now and then, but there the numbers don't always matter anymore.

> @"OctopusX.7185" said:

> Preety sure i can be somwhere at top with condi scourge in a semi long fight....

With Scrappers and Tempests cleansing hundreds of condis in a fight, and with multiple classes giving out resistance, I really don't see how you're effectively doing damage.

Everyone will be playing scourge anyway.

And bingo.

Perfect balance achieved.

Dev mic drop.

Btw, condi scourge is far inferior in large scale meta. Even if you're getting a kick out of your arc values, where is your damage going, what are you achieving with it? Not much, I bet.