From Placement to Legendary only soloQing.

anjo.6143

There were a few that made it when the game was SoloQ-only past 1600 rating.

But just barely, and their win/loss ratio was more like 50/50, 60/40, or 70/30.

Anyone who claims it now is probably lying because you cannot beat an 80, 90, or even freakin' 100% of games won with the old SoloQ winrates.

Keep in mind SoloQing has gotten much harder too with DuoQ being a thing. If you're queuing as a mid-high level plat/legendary player solo then the matchmaker is going to put you against the legendary DuoQs time and time again because you're the only semblance of challenge the matchmaker can throw together for them.

It happened to me over and over after season 13 up until season 18 when I quit playing Ranked, and I only sat around the plat2 level for the most part.

If it happens to a plat2 player, then it's going to happen even more for higher rated players.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> There were a few that made it when the game was SoloQ-only past 1600 rating.

>

> But just barely, and their win/loss ratio was more like 50/50, 60/40, or 70/30.

>

> Anyone who claims it now is probably lying because you cannot beat an 80, 90, or even freakin' 100% of games won with the old SoloQ winrates.

>

> Keep in mind SoloQing has gotten much harder too with DuoQ being a thing. If you're queuing as a mid-high level plat/legendary player solo then the matchmaker is going to put you against the legendary DuoQs time and time again because you're the only semblance of challenge the matchmaker can throw together for them.

> It happened to me over and over after season 13 up until season 18 when I quit playing Ranked, and I only sat around the plat2 level for the most part.

>

> If it happens to a plat2 player, then it's going to happen even more for higher rated players.

I'm just curious. Did players seem to generally prefer solo queue to duo queue? I'm guessing not if we're not using it anymore. But I'd be interested in hearing perspectives from people who were frequent PvP players during that time.

It was possible to get legendary in the past SoloQ. Heck, it was rather common for the top 100 to be Legendary, in my first year of PvP (3-4 years from now) I was placed plat 3 in soloQ without much effort. Now it's a novelty that can be only obtained if you know your way around the system and players themselves. You have to be really lucky to get Legendary in solo without any outside interference with the MM, even if you're good at the game.

Yes it’s very ez. For awhile ratings were much higher too but even recently players do. There was also a time when it was basically solo q only and ppl did it. I think I did it too right after they removed that restriction.

Edit: as some ppl claim it’s not anymore. It actually is, it’s just hard to finish the season that way. If u place 10-0 u can get legend, so it’s actually pcommon for ppl to be in legend at start of season even solo q. It’s just hard to finish, I tried my hardest one season and was 1730 100% solo q by end and that was hard like I said, but I still think it’s possible to finish there, cuz even if it’s hard ppl can just exceed expectations

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> I'm just curious. Did players seem to generally prefer solo queue to duo queue? I'm guessing not if we're not using it anymore. But I'd be interested in hearing perspectives from people who were frequent PvP players during that time.

It's just my word, but for the most part yes. There's a post from Ben from way back basically saying that somewhere just above 90%~ of ranked queues were Solo.

I mean, I guess that's not the most fair statistic because there's people who DuoQ who also SoloQ.

All the more reason to split the queues if you ask me because everyone is capable of doing both whenever they want/are able. It probably won't be as big of a population split as people think.

But it would appear most people prefer and do SoloQ Ranked in this game. That's why DuoQ was restricted without a vote to begin with.

All that being said, there was a vote to bring back DuoQ and it did pass. Just barely, but it did.

It's good for people to have a way to play together, but I don't think SoloQ people should be burned in the process, especially if they're the majority of people playing. I also think it's very possible to rig a poll like that, as most the people who would vote yes have in the past hogged multiple spots on the leaderboard with alt accounts(on NA, don't know about EU)

> There were a few that made it when the game was SoloQ-only past 1600 rating.

>

> But just barely, and their win/loss ratio was more like 50/50, 60/40, or 70/30.

>

> Anyone who claims it now is probably lying because you cannot beat an 80, 90, or even freakin' 100% of games won with the old SoloQ winrates.

>

> Keep in mind SoloQing has gotten much harder too with DuoQ being a thing. If you're queuing as a mid-high level plat/legendary player solo then the matchmaker is going to put you against the legendary DuoQs time and time again because you're the only semblance of challenge the matchmaker can throw together for them.

> It happened to me over and over after season 13 up until season 18 when I quit playing Ranked, and I only sat around the plat2 level for the most part.

>

> If it happens to a plat2 player, then it's going to happen even more for higher rated players.

there is multiple ppl who just blindly spam q solo and get legendary every season

youre also assuming that if u q as high player u automatically get 2x duo legs in enemy team which is not the case ofc

"Multiple people who just BLINDLY spam q solo and get legendary". What a joke.

I manage to get top 20 with a 1770 rating on a 100% solo q season with 200 games, and it's really hard-core to end at this point. You need to think rating only, every game you launch is crucial and you need to carry so hard to deal against the better duos.

The strategy is the complete opposite of the duoq one, you have to play at prime only, even in EU the window is really close, between 8 and 11pm basically. The only way to climb up the ladder is to play against the other plat 3 players. Every day I put every top ladder peeps in my FL and launched every game when most of them where quein at the mists. Complete opposite of dodgin strat, which brings you the most exciting games btw. This is the only way to not lose more than 15 ratin per lose and avoid hard throw.

If you queue during the day you will face the farmers offprime duos + some gold 3/plat 1 so you will lose more than 20/30 per game with no chance of wining.

We were at this season only two peeps on the top 25 playin solo Q, and the other one got exactly the same ratin than me. We would probably throw if we tried to get to legendary. But this was before the feb patch cause now the game is so unbalanced that duos are almost impossible to fight against on soloQ...

The 100% soloQ players on top ladder are really easy to spot, they got a 60% winrate. If you see on top 25 a 60win/10lose it's 100%duoq, but the 80win/50lose is 100% soloq (and this one hard carries).

Imo, right now, it's almost impossible to solo legendary even if you are really good, maybe at the begining of the season if you manage to >90% winrate the first 15 games on prime. But that's it.

> @"The Fear.3865" said:

> "Multiple people who just BLINDLY spam q solo and get legendary". What a joke.

>

> I manage to get top 20 with a 1770 rating on a 100% solo q season with 200 games, and it's really hard-core to end at this point. You need to think rating only, every game you launch is crucial and you need to carry so hard to deal against the better duos.

>

> The strategy is the complete opposite of the duoq one, you have to play at prime only, even in EU the window is really close, between 8 and 11pm basically. The only way to climb up the ladder is to play against the other plat 3 players. Every day I put every top ladder peeps in my FL and launched every game when most of them where quein at the mists. Complete opposite of dodgin strat, which brings you the most exciting games btw. This is the only way to not lose more than 15 ratin per lose and avoid hard throw.

>

> If you queue during the day you will face the farmers offprime duos + some gold 3/plat 1 so you will lose more than 20/30 per game with no chance of wining.

>

> We were at this season only two peeps on the top 25 playin solo Q, and the other one got exactly the same ratin than me. We would probably throw if we tried to get to legendary. But this was before the feb patch cause now the game is so unbalanced that duos are almost impossible to fight against on soloQ...

>

> The 100% soloQ players on top ladder are really easy to spot, they got a 60% winrate. If you see on top 25 a 60win/10lose it's 100%duoq, but the 80win/50lose is 100% soloq (and this one hard carries).

>

> Imo, right now, it's almost impossible to solo legendary even if you are really good, maybe at the begining of the season if you manage to >90% winrate the first 15 games on prime. But that's it.

have u ever seen boyce or drazeh care about ranked and not get legendary since ever

even tallbarr got legend on 5 different accs alone last season 100% solo

ofc not easy but still some players can legend in any way they want

Quite a lot actually. but it used to be easier. We had season with ~50 people in legend on EU because the average rating was much higher. I think Helseth even made a vid about starting in Bronze and climbing to Legend in SoloQ back then.

It's still possible now in theory to Solo Q to legend, but you need a dumb amount of luck with matchmaking basically.

> @"Koen.1327" said:

> there is multiple ppl who just blindly spam q solo and get legendary every season

Uh-huh. Just none of the ones that stream, or any that i've run into. They've also have to jump up from like 50 to 80% of their games won out of nowhere, but the last one i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

This is all on NA too, I don't know anything about EU.

> youre also assuming that if u q as high player u automatically get 2x duo legs in enemy team which is not the case ofc

Ok so maybe it's not guaranteed but it definitely increases the chances pretty drastically. If two legends are on one team and there's three legends playing the game total at one time, that third SoloQ legend is almost always going against the other two if they're DuoQ'd. That's just fact, it's how the matchmaker works.

It takes an average of the two team's ratings and matches based on that.

> @"Koen.1327" said:

> > @"The Fear.3865" said:

> > "Multiple people who just BLINDLY spam q solo and get legendary". What a joke.

> >

> > I manage to get top 20 with a 1770 rating on a 100% solo q season with 200 games, and it's really hard-core to end at this point. You need to think rating only, every game you launch is crucial and you need to carry so hard to deal against the better duos.

> >

> > The strategy is the complete opposite of the duoq one, you have to play at prime only, even in EU the window is really close, between 8 and 11pm basically. The only way to climb up the ladder is to play against the other plat 3 players. Every day I put every top ladder peeps in my FL and launched every game when most of them where quein at the mists. Complete opposite of dodgin strat, which brings you the most exciting games btw. This is the only way to not lose more than 15 ratin per lose and avoid hard throw.

> >

> > If you queue during the day you will face the farmers offprime duos + some gold 3/plat 1 so you will lose more than 20/30 per game with no chance of wining.

> >

> > We were at this season only two peeps on the top 25 playin solo Q, and the other one got exactly the same ratin than me. We would probably throw if we tried to get to legendary. But this was before the feb patch cause now the game is so unbalanced that duos are almost impossible to fight against on soloQ...

> >

> > The 100% soloQ players on top ladder are really easy to spot, they got a 60% winrate. If you see on top 25 a 60win/10lose it's 100%duoq, but the 80win/50lose is 100% soloq (and this one hard carries).

> >

> > Imo, right now, it's almost impossible to solo legendary even if you are really good, maybe at the begining of the season if you manage to >90% winrate the first 15 games on prime. But that's it.

>

> have u ever seen boyce or drazeh care about ranked and not get legendary since ever

> even tallbarr got legend on 5 different accs alone last season 100% solo

> ofc not easy but still some players can legend in any way they want

>

Trust me, this is not about blindly spam soloQ and waiting for luck.

> > @"Koen.1327" said:

> > there is multiple ppl who just blindly spam q solo and get legendary every season

>

> Uh-huh. Just none of the ones that stream, or any that i've run into. They've also have to jump up from like 50 to 80% of their games won out of nowhere, but the last one i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

>

> This is all on NA too, I don't know anything about EU.

>

> > youre also assuming that if u q as high player u automatically get 2x duo legs in enemy team which is not the case ofc

>

> Ok so maybe it's not guaranteed but it definitely increases the chances pretty drastically. If two legends are on one team and there's three legends playing the game total at one time, that third SoloQ legend is almost always going against the other two if they're DuoQ'd. That's just fact, it's how the matchmaker works.

>

> It takes an average of the two team's ratings and matches based on that.

>

at many times ive seen drazeh or boyce stream solo and reach legend

frostball got legend on a naked rev solo in the past i think its still on youtube

on NA i guess there are just fewer but pretty sure helio has plenty of solo trips to legend

legendary has become a lot harder for the casual player but legends will be legendary

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> Most legends have duos because, well, they have a friendship circle that's consisting of other good players and can almost always find someone to duo queue with.

>

> Duoq is a lot easier than soloq, so why ever queue solo?

It is clearly easier to duo q with a solid duo partner that you synergise well with but as for solo que I like the challenge personally.

It's super easy to get >1600 rating if you are just decent, I'd even say more, since I can do it playing with shitty internet, losing some games to crashes or ping, playing with low FPS and the worst graphics options, which makes some attacks hard to spot (Not to mention I probably don't even know half of the animations I should know to use dodges and stuff properly). And I don't consider myself being good anyway, I'm just decent+ IMO. This is without any strategy and just going random soloQ at random times (And talking around 100-200 games)

Getting legendary sounds extremely tedious in soloQ as The Fear said. From what I've noticed I think what he is saying is pretty accurate at the moment.

> @"The Fear.3865" said:

> "Multiple people who just BLINDLY spam q solo and get legendary". What a joke.

>

> I manage to get top 20 with a 1770 rating on a 100% solo q season with 200 games, and it's really hard-core to end at this point. You need to think rating only, every game you launch is crucial and you need to carry so hard to deal against the better duos.

>

> The strategy is the complete opposite of the duoq one, you have to play at prime only, even in EU the window is really close, between 8 and 11pm basically. The only way to climb up the ladder is to play against the other plat 3 players. Every day I put every top ladder peeps in my FL and launched every game when most of them where quein at the mists. Complete opposite of dodgin strat, which brings you the most exciting games btw. This is the only way to not lose more than 15 ratin per lose and avoid hard throw.

>

> If you queue during the day you will face the farmers offprime duos + some gold 3/plat 1 so you will lose more than 20/30 per game with no chance of wining.

>

> We were at this season only two peeps on the top 25 playin solo Q, and the other one got exactly the same ratin than me. We would probably throw if we tried to get to legendary. But this was before the feb patch cause now the game is so unbalanced that duos are almost impossible to fight against on soloQ...

>

> The 100% soloQ players on top ladder are really easy to spot, they got a 60% winrate. If you see on top 25 a 60win/10lose it's 100%duoq, but the 80win/50lose is 100% soloq (and this one hard carries).

>

> Imo, right now, it's almost impossible to solo legendary even if you are really good, maybe at the begining of the season if you manage to >90% winrate the first 15 games on prime. But that's it.

I’m gonna put it out there as I have a different experience. I play on Na and here prime times are different, where on Eu it’s +1 per win and -30 for loss in off hours it’s like +5-12 per win and -15-22 for loss on NA off hours. I put above that I did a season solo q and got 1730 in the season that was clear top 10.

I do do some odd hour Qing and q dodging, but generally I only q dodge duos with inflated rating as 2 legendary players makes my plat3 not as influential, this way Qing at somewhat late hours I generally get many plat1-2 players that are usually very experienced players at times who just spam qs, which I believe isn’t like how things are on Eu. This way I get decent matches that aren’t inflated by ppl try Harding and throwing off mmr balance and in the cases where I did get a legend duo in off hours they were offline q dodging every other player in the game, except me because I have always refused to talk to these ppl, and I get a decent team, not the best but still all plat players and would ezily beat the legend duos 1v1er and survive pluses and rotate making these matches hard wins.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to maintain legend though yet, some players have solod to near legend on stream on NA, but they stop streaming so we all assume they duo q

> @"Koen.1327" said:

> on NA i guess there are just fewer but pretty sure helio has plenty of solo trips to legend

> legendary has become a lot harder for the casual player but legends will be legendary

Again I don't know anything about the other two because I don't play on there, but I know for a fact that particular person DuoQs all the time with other Legends/plat3 players.

That's one of the people I got matched with constantly; albeit, they were usually on alt accounts, but it was still them and they still DuoQ'd. Every other top player knew it and would openly talk about it on stream. They were also on a few streams talking directly with the person they were Duo'd with.

Probably should have picked someone else too. I mean, I managed to beat that person in a few 1v1s and I am incredibly average and mediocre at this game. If I can even semi-consistently beat someone I don't expect their end of season winrate to be like 90% of games won.