New Mount Ability - [Merged]

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Josiah.2967" said:

> > Skimmer can now swim underwater. :-)

>

> Many people assumed that, but I didn't believe it for a second. Therefore, I am neither disappointed nor surprised that it turned out to be what it is. Of course, something really big would have been exciting.

How do you know what "it turned out to be" when it hasn't been released yet?

> @"Zephyr.5382" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"Super Hayes.6890" said:

> > > I hope so. Diving underwater would add as much as swim infusions did unless there is new content to explore that utilizes the dive ability.

> >

> > Ack, good point. It would make the swim infusion useless.

>

> These are the comments I was looking for. That's why I don't think underwater skimmer will be a thing--as much as I'd love it.

Maybe getting the Skimmer underwater will require a new Mastery , with collections to complete and a certain number of Swim-Infusions could be required for these collections.

Woohoo :D

I would have preferred an Underwater exclusive mount but still im happy we'll finally have a mount that is usuable underwater ^^ it's been long overdue.

Now all we need are some additional upgrades to underwater combat, more usable skills and a few new weapon kits to flesh out the build diversity options there and it'll be perfect ^^

I have to wonder though.

Why this ability and why now?

Why was Skimmer chosen rather than a new mount?

It might be a long shot but could we possibly be getting a new map that is largely water based in the near future?..

Skimmer pretty much gurantees that everyone with PoF will have access to an underwater mount now.. reasoning for why they didn't make a new mount for this ability.

And since we'll all have an underwater mount travel speeds are not going to be an issue either which they currently are with underwater content.

We know Cantha is coming so maybe this answers the question on how we get there.. we swim/ ride skimmers to it xD

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> "...complete a new collection to unlock the Skimming the Depths mastery..."

> Wonder what it will entail, and which Mastery Points it will use; likely PoF Mastery Points, I would guess.

Yes I like the idea of a small piece of accompanying content. PoF masteries would be near certain since it will just tag onto the existing skimmer masteries I would think.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> woooottttt woooooottttt yahhooooooooo clap clap =)

> Thanks a lot @"Randulf.7614" ! My dream concerning my favorite mount is now true!

You're welcome. I know not a lot of people see twitter news or read PCgamer

> @"Memoranda.9386" said:

> ...Now to find something besides my Hummingbird...

I'd be shocked if they didn't add in some new skins