Bring back the original login screen

I dunno about this specific log-in screen, but I know I'd enjoy being able to set which screen and music I see at log-in (and during character selection).

Even if they automatically replaced it whenever a new one was released, that'd be fine as long as I could then revert it to older ones later. I see this screen a lot when I'm patching or when I'm reading the news articles before fully entering the game. Just a mood setter, not terribly important but still nice.

(Yes, there are ways to do this client-side, but I'd rather it was an official feature.)

I've been trying to pin point something that feels like its missing from the game today in 2020 and I think I finally know. I feel like when I first played the beta for this game there was this underlying feeling of being more than just a game, but also a work of art. I look at the original login screen and there was just something very artistic in its simplicity. This was carried on into the gameplay with the personal story shaping around your character at the start, and even the side view 1 on 1 conversations in the story had an artistic feel to them that has added to my feeling of playing inside an artistic vision and not just a game. The original Lion's Arch design is another area where it felt like more than just a city in a video game; it felt like I was in a moving painting to me. I can't really say the same about Lion's Arch today.

While no individual thing going away or changing has been cause for concern, looking back now I really miss the game I played back in 2012. So yeah, I wish this login screen could come back. It wouldn't change much about the game on its own but it would be a start to capturing that feeling I once had when I logged into the beta for the first time.

It does not make sense. They changed login screen to Icebrood Saga and they should change character selection screen to it too, but we 3 episodes in and actually i doubt it will happen. When we get the expansion both them will change probably (happened in the past).

Personally I think that one in the video looks worse, with the animation/movement just an unnecessary and distracting waste of time. But I don't care either way being that it's a screen I spend less than a second on, is there any reason people are sitting around watching the login screen? If there's an update downloading I'll just do something else in the meantime, not sit there watching it.

I actually prefer the current client, or something similar to GW1.

Old Login screen looked bland and with way too much white.

And as mentioned, would rather see new character selection screen.

PoF one is horrid and bugged when it comes to Charr and Norn.

Would rather be able to choose, like this:

You select both the music and the background so you can mix and match.

If you played when the background or music was the default, you get it free. If not, you can get it for gems. Also for gems will be new screens and music from gw1