Make nades reflectable

Ovark.2514

As far as I know, grenades **can** get reflected. It just seems that it is bugged that the reflected grenades most of the times won't explode and therefore deal no damage.

Exception here are the poison grenades (grenade kit 5), since these are unblockable and therefore can't get reflected.

For those who didn't have a chance to find out yet, the counters to grenades are:

- Projectile hate. Only Grenade Kit 5 is unblockable, the rest is both reflectable, and destroyable. The only exception is when you stand on the edge of a projectile hate field, and the 'nades land at your feet.

- Blind. Grenades has a bug, where it can't remove blind, meaning that 5 seconds of blind protects you for 5 seconds, unless the Engineer uses a condi cleanse, or swaps out of 'nade kit, to remove it with a normal attack.

- Aegis. A single Aegis blocks majority of a grenade attack. That means it can block all 3 of any kit skills, and it can block all 6 of the barrage. (It is usually all 3 of a kit skill, and 3-6 of the barrage). Aegis doesn't work agains Poison Grenade, since it is unblockable.

- General positioning. 'Nades has a random spread, and travel time, so if you can keep your distance, the Engineer won't be able to hit you with every grenade of every skill. You can also use LoS, grenades can't pass through objects, unless they are thin. Fighting on a slope also increases the random spread.

- Retaliation. While it is not really a counter, it will damage the Engineer for every 'nade they hit with, that can be 3-6 procs of reta, for a single attack.

And for the starter of the topic: If you find something hard to play against, or you are not sure how to counterplay it:

- Try to play that build, see how enemies counter or outplay you.

- Get yourself a dueling buddy, who runs the build, and try out different skills/strategies.

- Ask around. You already found the forum, you can start topics either here, or in the subforum of the said profession. There are also several discord servers around, where you can find people who can help you out with these kind of questions.

> @"wasss.1208" said:

> For those who didn't have a chance to find out yet, the counters to grenades are:

>

> - Projectile hate. Only Grenade Kit 5 is unblockable, the rest is both reflectable, and destroyable. The only exception is when you stand on the edge of a projectile hate field, and the 'nades land at your feet.

> - Blind. Grenades has a bug, where it can't remove blind, meaning that 5 seconds of blind protects you for 5 seconds, unless the Engineer uses a condi cleanse, or swaps out of 'nade kit, to remove it with a normal attack.

> - Aegis. A single Aegis blocks majority of a grenade attack. That means it can block all 3 of any kit skills, and it can block all 6 of the barrage. (It is usually all 3 of a kit skill, and 3-6 of the barrage). Aegis doesn't work agains Poison Grenade, since it is unblockable.

> - General positioning. 'Nades has a random spread, and travel time, so if you can keep your distance, the Engineer won't be able to hit you with every grenade of every skill. You can also use LoS, grenades can't pass through objects, unless they are thin. Fighting on a slope also increases the random spread.

> - Retaliation. While it is not really a counter, it will damage the Engineer for every 'nade they hit with, that can be 3-6 procs of reta, for a single attack.

>

> And for the starter of the topic: If you find something hard to play against, or you are not sure how to counterplay it:

> - Try to play that build, see how enemies counter or outplay you.

> - Get yourself a dueling buddy, who runs the build, and try out different skills/strategies.

> - Ask around. You already found the forum, you can start topics either here, or in the subforum of the said profession. There are also several discord servers around, where you can find people who can help you out with these kind of questions.

nades are buggy in reflect fields, I have been attempted revived by double feedback mesmer, and nade holo stood on my downed body and spammed nades ( while inside field ) nothing got reflected and I got finished

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> Grenades are not an issue, it's just explosive entrance(still). Explosive entrance cannot be proj reflected :^)

EE is pretty much Evasive Powder Keg but don't have to do much to achieve anything. It just exists and cause 3k hits. Seems like Anet is hard pressed to keep it's damage, can do but the critical hits got to go. If not, remove the damage and keep criticals like Reckless Impact. I can see why they're trying to make it play differently but it's not far from just being a Reckless Impact copy paste anyway.

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> nades are buggy in reflect fields, I have been attempted revived by double feedback mesmer, and nade holo stood on my downed body and spammed nades ( while inside field ) nothing got reflected and I got finished

Feedback seems to work normally. You probably encountered a rare bug, or you got poison 'naded. Either way, if you think you found a bug, report it.

https://imgur.com/w5Ru4am

![](https://imgur.com/w5Ru4am.jpg "")