Icebrood Saga Mastery points available to needed ratio is a bit tight

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > >

> > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > >

> > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> >

> > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

>

> Except

>

> > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

>

> You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > >

> > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > >

> > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > >

> > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> >

> > Except

> >

> > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> >

> > You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

>

> Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> @"coso.9173" said:

> > @"DesiRe.1348" said:

> > > @"coso.9173" said:

> > > Hot masteries needed a group to be done many times, but still were simpler to get than to do a meta 30 or 50 times.

> > > This is just grind.

> >

> > do you even read what other people write? you dont HAVE to do any meta 30 or 50 times.

>

> -for citadel crasher you need 10 times for a meta that takes around 2 hours each time. that's 20 hours alone for 1 masteyr point. I've done it ONCE and I'd loather to do it ever again. it's terribly long and tiring without much rest.

> -raven's favor asks for 15 times doing the meta (which is at least shorter)

> -no quarter mastery requires 22 achievements for 1 MP too.

> -glory to the X legion require 5k kills EACH for mastery points.

> -death to the X require 5k kills each too.

>

> ALL of this is VERY grindy. HoT had difficult to get mastery points, but they were doable with a small group. Now they decided it's best to keep us doing events forever to get some single mastery points. this is not fun. grind is not fun. and it wasn't necesary to get mastery points before.

> I don't say that mastery points should be easy to get, to me HoT did it right, group activities that cna be achieveable in a while. it's exciting tobeat a boss to get a reward. it's NOT excited to do a 2 hours event TEN times to get a masteyr points, it's awful. even if it's doable only 1 daily it's already terrible for lots of people (myself included)

>

You are mistaken about 5000 kills, it's 5000 Commendations which are quite easy to acquire.

Also, using the LFG finds maps progressed in the North; often only half-hour or less to complete the Meta.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > >

> > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > >

> > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > >

> > > Except

> > >

> > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > >

> > > You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

> >

> > Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

>

> I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

>

How many extra do you have. I need 2 more cold war and I'll have 8 extra but someone said they have 9 extra so I wonder where that one came from. The 50 cold war can look confusing to some as it has a mastery icon at the bottom but I don't think 50 gives you another

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> You can casually obtain the mastery points between the release of the episode and the next. There’s nothing casual about someone trying to get everything within the first couple days.

Hmm, I still haven't enough mastery points for the masteries of the first LS that needs these points. As far as I can see, I'll never get even enough points to get the mount thingie unlocked...

People keep saying "you don't need to have all the masteries within the first couple days" but its getting close to a month since the latest living story came out, so obviously this thread is not complaining about wanting them so quickly.

I also feel like these types of comments are distracting from the main point.

This thread has gone slightly off topic but the original topic was "are there enough reasonably obtainable mastery points" and has since evolved into discussions of previous inplementations of mastery points and what makes for more enjoyment when playing the game in regards to mastery points.

No one proposed the idea that they should be able to instantly unlock every mastery in the first day or two of the release.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> People keep saying "you don't need to have all the masteries within the first couple days" but its getting close to a month since the latest living story came out, so obviously this thread is not complaining about wanting them so quickly.

>

> I also feel like these types of comments are distracting from the main point.

>

> This thread has gone slightly off topic but the original topic was "are there enough reasonably obtainable mastery points" and has since evolved into discussions of previous inplementations of mastery points and what makes for more enjoyment when playing the game in regards to mastery points.

>

> No one proposed the idea that they should be able to instantly unlock every mastery in the first day or two of the release.

indeed. last episode wasn't released a few days ago.

and yeah it's 5000 commendations, not kills, sorry, my bad.

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > >

> > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > >

> > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > >

> > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> >

> > Except

> >

> > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> >

> > You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

>

> Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

No, you do not. This is something so easily checked, please stop posting such nonsense. You get 2 mastery points, 1 at first completion, another at 10. You don't even get any achievement point for completing cold war 50 times. That stops far earlier too.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > >

> > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > >

> > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > >

> > > Except

> > >

> > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > >

> >

>

> I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

>

Exactly, as do I, and I too never bother to complete Cold War 50 times.

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > > >

> > > > Except

> > > >

> > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > > >

> > > > You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

> > >

> > > Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

> >

> > I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> >

>

> How many extra do you have. I need 2 more cold war and I'll have 8 extra but someone said they have 9 extra so I wonder where that one came from. The 50 cold war can look confusing to some as it has a mastery icon at the bottom but I don't think 50 gives you another

I have 9 spare and everything maxed, yes. I know the wiki leaves out 1 mastery point from Cold War. The second one missing from the wiki might be Stormcaller Armsmaster Collector, which too yields 2 mastery points: 1 at Rank 2, the other when completing it.

> @"LadyRhonwyn.2501" said:

> > You can casually obtain the mastery points between the release of the episode and the next. There’s nothing casual about someone trying to get everything within the first couple days.

>

> Hmm, I still haven't enough mastery points for the masteries of the first LS that needs these points. As far as I can see, I'll never get even enough points to get the mount thingie unlocked...

Keep trying. I believe that I have 9 excess mastery points right now so there is room to pick and choose which achievements that you go for. Just take your time and you’ll eventually have enough. If you don’t mind grinding then you can easily get them all within a week depending on the number of hours you play.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> People keep saying "you don't need to have all the masteries within the first couple days" but its getting close to a month since the latest living story came out, so obviously this thread is not complaining about wanting them so quickly.

>

> I also feel like these types of comments are distracting from the main point.

>

> This thread has gone slightly off topic but the original topic was "are there enough reasonably obtainable mastery points" and has since evolved into discussions of previous inplementations of mastery points and what makes for more enjoyment when playing the game in regards to mastery points.

>

> No one proposed the idea that they should be able to instantly unlock every mastery in the first day or two of the release.

None of the masteries have really been all that unreasonable and there are enough excess masteries that players do have the freedom to pick and choose which ones that they don’t want to do to a degree.

> @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > > >

> > > > Except

> > > >

> > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> >

>

> How many extra do you have. I need 2 more cold war and I'll have 8 extra but someone said they have 9 extra so I wonder where that one came from. The 50 cold war can look confusing to some as it has a mastery icon at the bottom but I don't think 50 gives you another

Drakkar gives one and its not in the living story section so can easily be missed. All achievements that award mastery points have a colored mastery point symbol next to them.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Except

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> No, you do not. This is something so easily checked, please stop posting such nonsense. You get 2 mastery points, 1 at first completion, another at 10. You don't even get any achievement point for completing cold war 50 times. That stops far earlier too.

>

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Exactly, as do I, and I too never bother to complete Cold War 50 times.

>

> > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > > > >

> > > > > Except

> > > > >

> > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

> > > >

> > > > Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

> > >

> > > I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> > >

> >

> > How many extra do you have. I need 2 more cold war and I'll have 8 extra but someone said they have 9 extra so I wonder where that one came from. The 50 cold war can look confusing to some as it has a mastery icon at the bottom but I don't think 50 gives you another

>

> I have 9 spare and everything maxed, yes. I know the wiki leaves out 1 mastery point from Cold War. The second one missing from the wiki might be Stormcaller Armsmaster Collector, which too yields 2 mastery points: 1 at Rank 2, the other when completing it.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Except

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

You are both wrong. You can literally see it under Morale Breaker. It is for completing the final tier and does not show like the one at t1 and t3.

![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/731539378316378199/745699459240820816/Hm.png "")

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > No, you do not. This is something so easily checked, please stop posting such nonsense. You get 2 mastery points, 1 at first completion, another at 10. You don't even get any achievement point for completing cold war 50 times. That stops far earlier too.

> >

> > > > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > > > >

> > > > > Except

> > > > >

> > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> > >

> >

> > Exactly, as do I, and I too never bother to complete Cold War 50 times.

> >

> > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

> > > >

> > > > I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> > > >

> > >

> > > How many extra do you have. I need 2 more cold war and I'll have 8 extra but someone said they have 9 extra so I wonder where that one came from. The 50 cold war can look confusing to some as it has a mastery icon at the bottom but I don't think 50 gives you another

> >

> > I have 9 spare and everything maxed, yes. I know the wiki leaves out 1 mastery point from Cold War. The second one missing from the wiki might be Stormcaller Armsmaster Collector, which too yields 2 mastery points: 1 at Rank 2, the other when completing it.

>

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

> You are both wrong. You can literally see it under Morale Breaker. It is for completing the final tier and does not show like the one at t1 and t3.

>

> ![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/731539378316378199/745699459240820816/Hm.png "")

>

>

It doesn’t award MP. We had this very same discussion months ago when the episode came out. It’s just an inconsistency with how Anet does the achievement panel.

> @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > No, you do not. This is something so easily checked, please stop posting such nonsense. You get 2 mastery points, 1 at first completion, another at 10. You don't even get any achievement point for completing cold war 50 times. That stops far earlier too.

> >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Except

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Exactly, as do I, and I too never bother to complete Cold War 50 times.

> >

> > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> > > >

> > >

> > > How many extra do you have. I need 2 more cold war and I'll have 8 extra but someone said they have 9 extra so I wonder where that one came from. The 50 cold war can look confusing to some as it has a mastery icon at the bottom but I don't think 50 gives you another

> >

> > I have 9 spare and everything maxed, yes. I know the wiki leaves out 1 mastery point from Cold War. The second one missing from the wiki might be Stormcaller Armsmaster Collector, which too yields 2 mastery points: 1 at Rank 2, the other when completing it.

>

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Except

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

> You are both wrong. You can literally see it under Morale Breaker. It is for completing the final tier and does not show like the one at t1 and t3.

>

> ![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/731539378316378199/745699459240820816/Hm.png "")

>

>

Before and after getting the second point

!(https://i.imgur.com/nGfw604.jpg)!(https://i.imgur.com/Rrfglzb.jpg)

!(https://i.imgur.com/9wXYRD7.jpg)!(https://i.imgur.com/savqWlk.jpg)

I probably have the unpopular opinion here - so be it.

In my opinion a more difficult to obtain MPs are better. PoF, central and HoT MPs all felt way too easy to obtain especially in retrospect where now we have tons of overloaded MPs with no use for them whatsoever.

Of course having enough alternatives for MPs is good , but IMO the current system is fine. I still manage to get excess points while avoiding some achievements I wish to do later.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Except

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No, you do not. This is something so easily checked, please stop posting such nonsense. You get 2 mastery points, 1 at first completion, another at 10. You don't even get any achievement point for completing cold war 50 times. That stops far earlier too.

> > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Exactly, as do I, and I too never bother to complete Cold War 50 times.

> > >

> > > > @"Jilora.9524" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Lottie.5370" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I actually found it to be pretty good with Icebrood Saga. I ended up with spare masteries by the time I had the experience accrued - but I did also play each release when it came out, not all at once (which helped me build a few up). I think there are a lot of plain insights, and quite a few you can get with just a little bit of time (the challenges, one Cold War (or try it daily for 10 days to get your 2nd if you enjoy it, saves you doing something else), story instances... the more I tried to make this list I found that I wanted to list nearly all of them, I truly think this is something they did well this time.)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times... that IS a kitten grind. The 5000 commendations went pretty good for me, I just bought the ones each day for materials and did a few metas whilst going for events. The missions unlocked with the mission documents give quite a few commendations, but some of them are REALLY annoying (thank god you don't need them for anything else.)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > For cold war you get first at first kill if i remember right. And the second by the 10th kill.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's why I said "one Cold War" and "or try it *daily* for 10 days to get your 2nd".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I haven't done any of the weapon collections besides Boreal, not even sure if that gave a mastery. **I think the masteries are all quite easy to get, except for Cold War 50 times**... that IS a kitten grind.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You don't get any more MP after the 10th kill

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes. You do. You get one at 50 kills.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have all mastery points in jormag rising, and I only have x10 for the cold war strike. And it shows no more mastery points in the achievement for there

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > How many extra do you have. I need 2 more cold war and I'll have 8 extra but someone said they have 9 extra so I wonder where that one came from. The 50 cold war can look confusing to some as it has a mastery icon at the bottom but I don't think 50 gives you another

> > >

> > > I have 9 spare and everything maxed, yes. I know the wiki leaves out 1 mastery point from Cold War. The second one missing from the wiki might be Stormcaller Armsmaster Collector, which too yields 2 mastery points: 1 at Rank 2, the other when completing it.

> >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Except

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > You are both wrong. You can literally see it under Morale Breaker. It is for completing the final tier and does not show like the one at t1 and t3.

> >

> > ![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/731539378316378199/745699459240820816/Hm.png "")

> >

> >

>

> Before and after getting the second point

> !(https://i.imgur.com/nGfw604.jpg)!(https://i.imgur.com/Rrfglzb.jpg)

>

> !(https://i.imgur.com/9wXYRD7.jpg)!(https://i.imgur.com/savqWlk.jpg)

Thank you. Insane that something like this needs for someone to actually take screenshots to "prove" something. To recap:

**The second mastery point is granted at 10 completions of Cold War. At which also the overall mastery point indicator in the achievement pane disappears.**

@Lottie.5370

You can see it under Moral breaker if you haven't completed it 10 times because that is the general indicator that a mastery point is still available via this achievement somewhere. Something you would have been aware of IF you had done 10 completions and read the achievement pane correctly, instead of arguing with people who actually have.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

[snip]

>

> Well players complain about pretty much anything nowadays which they can't get within 2 minutes. I don't recall HoT being all to difficult mastery point wise. Even without the Season 3 after, there were around 30 spare mastery points. The issue most players had was that many mastery points were behind content they did not enjoy or want to play, like adventures and many avoided HoT due to the initial difficulty spike. Season 3 made it easier in that while adding a new mastery track, it added a lot of easier to acquire mastery points. Most behind story or channeled achievements.

Or simply weren't very good at said adventures (The Floor is Lava, Shooting Gallery, cough cough). I remember spending four hours one afternoon doing Sanctum Scramble in AB just to get bronze in order to get the gated ascended item. To compare, it took me four hours of practice to hit gold on Flying Circus, and Salvage Pit is easy - so long as there are no or few other players there!

I remember initial HoT being tight on mastery points, on playthrough It was easy to get the first gliding, then maybe lean gliding, then the rest was all having to prioritise which mastery to get. This was especially so because some masteries were required to progress the story (I vaguely recall Itzel poison lore being crucial to something, which is the 4th step in the Itzel Lore mastery track). I've got Tyria and HoT masteries coming out of my [insert thought here], but I recall - at the time - I was well ahead on mastery xp and well behind on mastery points.

[shakes walking stick] and we did all those without mounts. Get off my lawn!

> > @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> > I have little hope that I can progress with this the new map is just to grindy and some of the older are behind stuff I will never do(e.g strike missions or meta events 25 times for nothing except this) or the events for them are never there this is absolute bricked content.

>

> I think the most I have seen for completing a mastery point is completing the Cold War Strike mission 10 times for the second one. I do agree though, for players who do not participate in strikes at all, and with limited time, and with not completing the weapon collections (which are rather pricy for regular players), mastery points would be tight.

>

> I still believe that by the end of the Season/Saga, we will end up with a big chunk of spare mastery points, maybe in the range of 20-30 spare points. The developers have retroactively added content into past current Season/Saga maps, so this could be as simple as adding a few mastery point channels per map. The reason this is not done yet is to keep some type of progression as far as masterys is concerned.

I agree with you. If this set of mastery points ends up being like the previous three types, then we will end up with a lot of unused ones. Particularly if the story keeps tossing them out.

It would be nice if there was some conversion scheme for the previous ones, they're just sitting there taunting me now.

> @"Hesione.9412" said:

>

> [snip]

> >

> > Well players complain about pretty much anything nowadays which they can't get within 2 minutes. I don't recall HoT being all to difficult mastery point wise. Even without the Season 3 after, there were around 30 spare mastery points. The issue most players had was that many mastery points were behind content they did not enjoy or want to play, like adventures and many avoided HoT due to the initial difficulty spike. Season 3 made it easier in that while adding a new mastery track, it added a lot of easier to acquire mastery points. Most behind story or channeled achievements.

>

> Or simply weren't very good at said adventures (The Floor is Lava, Shooting Gallery, cough cough). I remember spending four hours one afternoon doing Sanctum Scramble in AB just to get bronze in order to get the gated ascended item. To compare, it took me four hours of practice to hit gold on Flying Circus, and Salvage Pit is easy - so long as there are no or few other players there!

>

> I remember initial HoT being tight on mastery points, on playthrough It was easy to get the first gliding, then maybe lean gliding, then the rest was all having to prioritise which mastery to get. This was especially so because some masteries were required to progress the story (I vaguely recall Itzel poison lore being crucial to something, which is the 4th step in the Itzel Lore mastery track). I've got Tyria and HoT masteries coming out of my [insert thought here], but I recall - at the time - I was well ahead on mastery xp and well behind on mastery points.

>

> [shakes walking stick] and we did all those without mounts. Get off my lawn!

>

> > > @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> > > I have little hope that I can progress with this the new map is just to grindy and some of the older are behind stuff I will never do(e.g strike missions or meta events 25 times for nothing except this) or the events for them are never there this is absolute bricked content.

> >

> > I think the most I have seen for completing a mastery point is completing the Cold War Strike mission 10 times for the second one. I do agree though, for players who do not participate in strikes at all, and with limited time, and with not completing the weapon collections (which are rather pricy for regular players), mastery points would be tight.

> >

> > I still believe that by the end of the Season/Saga, we will end up with a big chunk of spare mastery points, maybe in the range of 20-30 spare points. The developers have retroactively added content into past current Season/Saga maps, so this could be as simple as adding a few mastery point channels per map. The reason this is not done yet is to keep some type of progression as far as masterys is concerned.

>

> I agree with you. If this set of mastery points ends up being like the previous three types, then we will end up with a lot of unused ones. Particularly if the story keeps tossing them out.

>

> It would be nice if there was some conversion scheme for the previous ones, they're just sitting there taunting me now.

>

>

Most likely the upcomming springer skill will require pof mastery points, beside the collection. Lets say you had a way of trading off old pof points, what would you do now with nothing which to buy it with?

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

[snip]

> Most likely the upcomming springer skill will require pof mastery points, beside the collection. Lets say you had a way of trading off old pof points, what would you do now with nothing which to buy it with?

Now you ask that question, I don't have an answer. I do remember that the xp came faster than the mastery points in HoT and PoF, and now I have quite a few of them, and the Tyria ones (and I SUCK at adventures, so I don't have all those ones in HoT), I am not sure.

1 mastery point for 10 mystic clovers? ;)

I love having all masteries, so at some point I did this and managed to max out my points.

But my my...

When I saw the 'requirements' to get ALL masteries I felt my stomach turn D: and not just that, I love doing meta achievement, but the way it is handled now is that I will probably not even do it, as it involves content I am either not fond of, or content that just drains me to insanity.

Why is everything so tight now?

I really wish we had more space to breathe and pick what we want to do in order to reach a specific goal.

Before we used to have series of achievements that counted towards Meta Achievement, which meant you could skip a lot of stuff you didn't wanna do.

Same goes with masteries...

Kinda hoping there will be less grind involved with future releases, this can easily burn the player out D:

> @"Blur.3465" said:

> I love having all masteries, so at some point I did this and managed to max out my points.

> But my my...

> When I saw the 'requirements' to get ALL masteries I felt my stomach turn D: and not just that, I love doing meta achievement, but the way it is handled now is that I will probably not even do it, as it involves content I am either not fond of, or content that just drains me to insanity.

>

> Why is everything so tight now?

> I really wish we had more space to breathe and pick what we want to do in order to reach a specific goal.

> Before we used to have series of achievements that counted towards Meta Achievement, which meant you could skip a lot of stuff you didn't wanna do.

>

> Same goes with masteries...

>

> Kinda hoping there will be less grind involved with future releases, this can easily burn the player out D:

Considering theres 9 spare points total so far, we do have some leeway now. I for example consider it a waste of time to camp for the trials of koda, or doing the long and involved mirror puzzles.

Not the ratio of the points, but the repetition/grind required to get them.

For something that is intended as character progress to support map play, these really shouldn't be locked behind such unfun tasks. Once the player has completed something once, something the game should be guiding them toward, give them the point *then*. Finish *one* meta. Finish *one* special area weapon. ...not 15. Not an entire expensive collection.

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> Not the ratio of the points, but the repetition/grind required to get them.

> For something that is intended as character progress to support map play, these really shouldn't be locked behind such unfun tasks. Once the player has completed something once, something the game should be guiding them toward, give them the point *then*. Finish *one* meta. Finish *one* special area weapon. ...not 15. Not an entire expensive collection.

I agree with this. give the mastery point for ONE run of the things asked, not for 10 of them. those are the ones I have the most issues with.